Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The new arca weapons.

Miser_able

I've been using the "shotgun" and I'm already regretting having spent the plat to get it right away tbh.

It fires a single slow moving projectile with limited range and falloff starting at 10m. It has a very slow fire rate, a small magazine and a very long reload time. The damage and status are not very good at all considering this, and so neither is the crit chance which is also paired with a low multiplier.

There is cool and kinda fun factor to it I guess, but it has too many drawbacks that make it weak and clunky.

9 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Yeah that's a gimmick lol 

with that logic, the dual stats are gimmicks as well. All mods are gimmicks. a gimmick is an odd trait meant to get attention. The ballistica prime's ghosts? gimmick. most weapons with an alternate fire, gimmick. The condition to get the buff on these kinds of mods are a gimmick but the mod itself grants bonus stats.

100% status is of no particular value on this weapon anyway, it doesn't fire pellets but a single projectile. Status and multishot mechanics are the same as for a rifle. It does make the choice of 28% which is just shy of modded 100% seem rather odd though...

16 hours ago, xXx_mtv_xXx said:

Tiberon? I assume you mean Tigris XD

Innate punchthrough is cool and all but 100% status is better. Well this shotty has decent crit chance at least, but they could have made it a bit higher since it can't reach 100% status so easily.

I don't know why I would ever use this new shotty over a Tigris Prime or Strun Wraith.

Stupid auto correct.

But having a guaranteed impact proc at 15m combined with other elemental procs on top it can deal some pretty sweet DPS. Arguably Tigris P would hit harder but only has a 2 shot clip before reloading and the Plasmor with it's 6 shot clip could do a better sustained DPS.

11 hours ago, Mudfam said:

I've been using the "shotgun" and I'm already regretting having spent the plat to get it right away tbh.

It fires a single slow moving projectile with limited range and falloff starting at 10m. It has a very slow fire rate, a small magazine and a very long reload time. The damage and status are not very good at all considering this, and so neither is the crit chance which is also paired with a low multiplier.

There is cool and kinda fun factor to it I guess, but it has too many drawbacks that make it weak and clunky.

1) it can use projectile speed mods.

2) fire rate scales nicely with mods.

3) chilling reload alone is adequate enough to fix the slow reload speed.

But what do I know I've played with it for 6 hours, brought it into a Sortie at rank 0 (18 due to mastery) and still found it viable against lv 80+ enemies.

3 minutes ago, Rhundis said:

Arguably Tigris P would hit harder but only has a 2 shot clip before reloading and the Plasmor with it's 6 shot clip could do a better sustained DPS.

Not even close. My 100% status tigris P reloads almost as fast as this thing can fire, it's does way more damage, applies slash procs, strips armour etc. and doesn't suffer this weapon's other handicaps.

1 minute ago, Rhundis said:

1) it can use projectile speed mods.

2) fire rate scales nicely with mods.

3) chilling reload alone is adequate enough to fix the slow reload speed.

But what do I know I've played with it for 6 hours, brought it into a Sortie at rank 0 (18 due to mastery) and still found it viable against lv 80+ enemies.

Oh, It's certainly viable, it does decent damage, but especially as far as shotguns go there's several vastly superior alternatives. And yeah, you can fix its handicaps, but that uses up valuable mod slots that other shotguns can use to much better effect.

I'm still going to use it, but for very niche builds, as a general purpose weapon it falls short.

The Hammer is AMAZING. 
While it has slow base speed, that can be fixed with primed fury or just berserker. 
volt/harrow/valkyr speed buffs on it work even better. 
With crushing ruin the electric AoE proc goes off with RMB hold combo and the spin to win. 
PRIMED REACH WORKS ON THE ELECTRIC AOE, and the more stacks (cap 10) the bigger the range/damage. 
I love it.

The pistol; have not gotten yet. 

The Shotgun: 
Oh boy this thing. 
unknown.png?width=838&height=474
hits like a truck. I plan to make it a viral / radiation / fire shotgun, primed ravage is gonna take up a slot or else i would have done corrosive/rad/blast
it also looks like the beam tracks? sometimes my multishot beam will target a separate enemy than i'm aiming at. it also seems to have innate punchthrough cause its killed a few enemies in a straight line.

Edited by Vesiga

18 hours ago, Vesiga said:

The Shotgun: 
Oh boy this thing. 
unknown.png?width=838&height=474
hits like a truck. I plan to make it a viral / radiation / fire shotgun, primed ravage is gonna take up a slot or else i would have done corrosive/rad/blast
it also looks like the beam tracks? sometimes my multishot beam will target a separate enemy than i'm aiming at. it also seems to have innate punchthrough cause its killed a few enemies in a straight line.

Suggestion for your Plasmor Build: Leave off Vicious Spread. The gun fires only one projectile and weird things result if you add a lot of spread, such as massive scatter. You definitely want to keep Hell's Chamber, but don't pair it with Vicious Spread - you don't want two wonky projectiles.

I'd strongly recommend adding Fatal Acceleration to improve range and fall-off, Seeking Fury to add more punch-through and decrease reload time, and perhaps Shotgun Spazz to improve rate of fire.

But yeah, the Arca Plasmor is a beast of a weapon. You can even headshot with the thing if you aim it so that the bottom edge of the wave effect clips an enemy's neck: I actually got 4 headshots with one trigger pull that way.

DE? Please don't nerf this gun. The short range, low rate of fire, and fall-off balance out the fact that you can hit numerous targets over a good area for massive damage.

Edited by MirageKnight
Clarity

3 hours ago, Mudfam said:

Not even close. My 100% status tigris P reloads almost as fast as this thing can fire, it's does way more damage, applies slash procs, strips armour etc. and doesn't suffer this weapon's other handicaps.

Oh, It's certainly viable, it does decent damage, but especially as far as shotguns go there's several vastly superior alternatives. And yeah, you can fix its handicaps, but that uses up valuable mod slots that other shotguns can use to much better effect.

I'm still going to use it, but for very niche builds, as a general purpose weapon it falls short.

I'm gonna quote something from the Dark Souls community and say, "Every weapon is viable, just depends on how you use it." Either way I got my new BFG. 

Cause how can you say not to Pump Awesomeness!?

AGGG shows the weapon in actions.

alot better than you might think. 

Melee is the hardest hitting so far,  but really req. Berserker imo.

pistol stack per hit +4% flat crit and status, last 2 sec and refresh,  can be a different target, and multishot counts.

The shotgun got infinite punch through for enemies (not walls or doors) and can be very usefull against infested. Only fire a single shot, and not lot of small pellets.

all in all great weapons, no real powercreeps (well maybe Triton), and fun enough to mess around with. Not worth the plat imo, so craft them :)

2 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Suggestion for your Plasmor Build: Leave off Vicious Spread. The gun fires only one projectile and weird things result if you add another projectile and a lot of spread.

I'd strongly recommend adding Fatal Acceleration to improve range and fall-off, Seeking Fury to add more punch-through and decrease reload time, and perhaps Shotgun Spazz to improve rate of fire.

But yeah, the Arca Plasmor is a beast of a weapon. You can even headshot with the thing if you aim it so that the bottom edge of the wave effect clips an enemy's neck: I actually got 4 headshots with one trigger pull that way.

DE? Please don't nerf this gun. The short range, low rate of fire, and fall-off balance out the fact that you can hit numerous targets over a good area for massive damage.

yeah I noticed that sometimes a second projectile will target a whole other enemy from a certain range. 
it doesnt split unless theres enemies in front of you so far from what i've seen, 
I use harrow most of the time with long reload weapons. so reload and fire rate are no issues really. 
I'll give fatal accel a try, for the most part that mod slot will be a place holder for a riven

They're quite good. I got them all and maxed them all with 2-4 Forma builds. The shotgun doesn't act like a shotgun, it fires one large energy projectile, so don't worry about the 100% status from shotguns on it. It doesn't decent damage, enough for a sortie.

The pistol is quite good. It builds up stacks up to 5 every time you hit an enemy. Each stack lasts 2 seconds, and each stack adds to the weapons crit chance and status chance. The weapon is slash and puncture and is like a sniper so very accurate. It's pretty good when fully modded and can actually melt level 150 bombards. 

The melee is also really good. It's both status and crit so if you build for a hybrid, you can get ~98% status without weeping wounds and a decent crit chance. Enough to use blood rush. Hybrid build does some really decent damage buy be warned, it is a slow hammer, so chuck on berserker or furry. It has a unique mechanic of adding stacks whenever you do a certain hit against an enemy and each stack adds towards a lightning explosion once you ground slam. The slam does decent damage as well. 

All in all, it's not anything to write home about, but the weapons are quite good. I personally like the pistol, but the rest are kinda meh.. 

The pistol reminds me of a Tediore/Vladof Borderlands hybrid. (which is a good thing!) I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered the 4x down-sights zoom in bonus. The shotgun has a cool circle of luminescent death, but the reload time is a killer. I liked the hammer, but to make it playable for me required both Primed Fury *and* Berserker, with the usual Body Count/Blood Rush build. Almost put Weeping Wounds on it, before realizing I liked it being faster more than damaging.

Overall, I found that the 2 guns were too slow on reload, and the hammer was just plain too slow. I recommend using all available reload quickening mods and both melee speed mods.

2 hours ago, Vesiga said:

yeah I noticed that sometimes a second projectile will target a whole other enemy from a certain range. 
it doesnt split unless theres enemies in front of you so far from what i've seen, 
I use harrow most of the time with long reload weapons. so reload and fire rate are no issues really. 
I'll give fatal accel a try, for the most part that mod slot will be a place holder for a riven

Unless you have Hell's Chamber, that second projectile doesn't even work - it's like a ghost image. The mod pretty much serves to troll you...perhaps DE could release a mod that improves the spread of the wave perhaps?

Glad to help btw!

I got these items as a gift from a friend and these items looks cool and perform well on low-mid levels (still I am there) and possibly I can pump them out for high levels since the weapons looks cool and stat wise are nice. The hammer is slow but can deal a lot of damage and I still have no full and so many mods for these weapons.