Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, that Volt Deluxe concept art...

KaizergidorahXi

13 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Right? Like someone in a shock resistant suit had it fail, and it fused into them. I really like the way it looks. Has a sense of electricity and potential explosiveness to it.

If Volt was themed around radiation or heat i would be keen to agree but honestly it doesn't scream electricity, also no mather how many times i try to imagine it whith any of the alt helmets it wound up looking like one of thos really lazy photoshop pics.

Personally if they stick whit this im not buying it, it has none of the things i come to love about the original Volt design the sleek and simple elegance of the look.

But hey if you like it power to you, im gonna be happy if the cloth is finally not stapled to his rear.

Edited by WhiteDagger

Just now, WhiteDagger said:

If Volt was themed around radiation or heat i would be keen to agree but honestly it doesn't scream electricity, also no mather how many times i try to imagine it whit any of the alt helmets it wound up looking like one of thos really lazy photoshop pics.

Personally if they stick whit this im not buying it, it has none of the things i come to love about the original Volt design the sleek and simple elegance of the look.

But hey if you like it power to you, im gonna be happy if the cloth is finally not stapled to his rear.

His gloves and the one boot look rubber, and everything else looks like a power plant. I'd say it stays on theme for me, but of course not everyone likes everything, and that's fine too.

I am conflicted on the concept. It is probably not very fair to judge it based on a picture and it may end up looking different in game. How it will color? What kind of textures it will have?

Now it looks too simple compared to previous deluxes. It's also have this sorta melted look in place of sharp edges and remnids me of skin folds. Then again Warframes are supposed to look strange, no?

Rubber gloves suit Volt I guess. He probably got tired that no one aside from Rhino, Nezha and Chroma want to shake hands.

That being said, if shoulder spikes will have described effect of discharging and growing, this could be a very interesting and unusual look (sorta like mutated Nidus - and I love that one).

Just imagine this Volt with electricity cascading all over it's body... :awe:

One of the advantages of the deluxe skins is that they can be very original with its concepts and stray away from the original, the original Volt had already a very sleek design, I think it makes sense to go the other way.

I don´t know if this is the case or is because halloween is near, but I feel the artist may have put a Frankstein style to the design and I meant it in a good way, the model looks like is made of patchs from different bodies, an almost like melted tissue, if you zoom in a note says it has fuses in its shoulder, it also has those nails protruding from the side of his necks very reminding of the Creature and from the top of his head down to his feet there is this yellow strip that supposedly energy would run through resembles a "Lichtenber figure" as seen on victims hit by lighting, an important element in bringing the Creature to life.

I think it also makes sense that they distance themselves from Ignus ideas that a lot of people are very used to, the earlier warframes always gave a weirdness that was difficult to put together and is part of the attraction of the game, and besides they already got a lot feedback against the very wacky and obvious designs like Mirage, Limbo and Mesa and they promised they would depart from that. 

14 minutes ago, Carnage2K4 said:

It's hard to tell what theme they are going for with this concept? currently I'm not a fan, but I'mm make a real decision when it's done.

Frankenstein's monster.

A mash up of the cinematic version's iconic neck bolts and the novel's version with "skin that scarcely covered the work of muscles and arteries beneath.”

6 hours ago, Latiac said:

It reminds me more of Ash than Volt to be honest.

This is only a concept, it's all subject to change afterall - but I would like a change, even if I don't play Volt, I just don't think it fits him as a whole.

Infact it's giving me Nova deluxe vibes, I was so hyped to hear a Nova deluxe skin was in the works but it also had a similar effect that this concept has, it doesn't feel right for that warframe.

Nova deluxe is already out mate. Nothing more is coming for her 

11 hours ago, Pavelord said:

One of the advantages of the deluxe skins is that they can be very original with its concepts and stray away from the original, the original Volt had already a very sleek design, I think it makes sense to go the other way.

I don´t know if this is the case or is because halloween is near, but I feel the artist may have put a Frankstein style to the design and I meant it in a good way, the model looks like is made of patchs from different bodies, an almost like melted tissue, if you zoom in a note says it has fuses in its shoulder, it also has those nails protruding from the side of his necks very reminding of the Creature and from the top of his head down to his feet there is this yellow strip that supposedly energy would run through resembles a "Lichtenber figure" as seen on victims hit by lighting, an important element in bringing the Creature to life.

I think it also makes sense that they distance themselves from Ignus ideas that a lot of people are very used to, the earlier warframes always gave a weirdness that was difficult to put together and is part of the attraction of the game, and besides they already got a lot feedback against the very wacky and obvious designs like Mirage, Limbo and Mesa and they promised they would depart from that. 

His head and back particularly show connections style wise to Ignus's designs. The 'rubber' elements attached to the twisted asymmetrical swirls as well.

I can't see that thing as something fit for Volt. Looks too much like Excalibur, way too much. They went all out on Mag, giving her floating joints and very sleek metalic body. With Volt they should go in my opinion towards something more mechanised / robotic, maybe even an energy reactor veing visible. 

15 hours ago, KaizergidorahXi said:

So I'm sure it's not the final design, but...004-FinalPass.jpg

Like so far I've loved all the deluxe skins, I own most of them. But why does he look like he's Grineer? 

looks like a proto armor for volt. the first prototype before his non primed armor.

it's fugly as hell, I don't know how you can make Volt look ugly, but they managed it somehow with that concept art. even the Grineer couldn't produce such a hideous monstrosity. seeing stuff like that and Nova's Deluxe skin makes me really miss IgnusDei. remember when Deluxe skins looked good? Pepperidge Farm remembers.

that second one with the Naginata is awesome. some might think it a bit blocky, but I'd buy that in a heartbeat, that Naginata Polearm skin is badass.

• 2 weeks later...