Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon: Sniper Review!

[DE]Rebecca

2 hours ago, Zephyr said:

Rubico sorely needs a reload or magazine capacity buff. That or base crit chance upped by 5% (as do all snipers imo) 

snipers in general were ok save the mad zoom and reload times. You fixed the reload and sway, (and the punch through is amazing) 

-signed, totally not baised rubico main

Yeah, Magazine to 6 and base reload to 2-2.4 would be pretty reasonable.

Why are you Nerfing the Zoom Levels when thats what we wanted because PoE is a Huge area? we have more than 1 zoom level with the other one being for even more long distances. nerfing the first zoom level should have been enough for a bit closer engagements, come on I dont want another band-aid mod for my weapons.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

probably because the zoom was too extreme to begin with

edit to add: ESPECIALLY if sway is removed.

I posted earlier about this but reducing Rubico to a lower zoom level than vulkar makes 0 sense. It has the largest scope model in the entire game. Thing is practically a telescope. And I am a vectis p user.

3 minutes ago, Chitanda.Eru said:

Why are you Nerfing the Zoom Levels when thats what we wanted because PoE is a Huge area? we have more than 1 zoom level with the other one being for even more long distances. nerfing the first zoom level should have been enough for a bit closer engagements, come on I dont want another band-aid mod for my weapons.

This makes so much sense because then it would be more balanced for close range and long range combat.

Just now, Budumpshh said:

sniper fall off is butts. should do the opposite and boost damage the further away you are because of how stupid hard it would be to hit enemies.

Not that much and hitscan guns probably will hit precisely any target even at long distances...  I thought about it until I saw the values of damage falloff of other games like BF4.

Check here an example: http://symthic.com/bf4-weapon-charts?allkdmr=1&recon=1&sort=Class&adsc=DESC

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

(snipers with innate punch through unchanged).

Why?! Shouldn't it be +1m on top of their innate??? It was the advantage/characteristic about Lanka and Snipetrons... Kind of unfair to just give every sniper the innate punch through (not that I'm against it) while leaving them out and not even additional punch through...

2 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Snipers already are at a disadvantage in close quarters due to a low RoF. It would almost always be faster toy use, say, a Latron to clear a room of enemies on a traditional tile. Snipers don't need to have their close-quarters effectiveness brought down to basically null because "they are not supposed to be used in close quarters". Hell, I can basically snipe enemies with a Tigris or Plasmor. 

Snipers would still be an undesirable gun in close quarters, the don't need to be unusable. An entire class of weapons should not be so strictly enforced to such a small niche. 

The thing is though; as an actual gun snipers are hard to aim at targets moving close up. I won't say that snipers in game don't have their issues, far as i'm concerned they don't do enough damage to function as sniper rifles are meant to. It's just that the hip fire thing is accurate to what snipers are like. As far as being a niche gun, snipers in real life are niche as hell. You don't see snipers in combat save for overwatch and stealth missions because that's what they're built for and in other situations they don't function favorably. So i really can't see why you're complaining that snipers have some attributes that reflect what snipers are actually like. 

Bringing up the Tigris was a mistake as well. If you can effectively snipe with a shotgun, then THAT'S more of an issue then snipers functioning in a moderately life like fashion. Personally i think the Tigris should have larger spread so that it stays a shotgun, but that's an issue for another thread.

2 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Snipers already are at a disadvantage in close quarters due to a low RoF. It would almost always be faster toy use, say, a Latron to clear a room of enemies on a traditional tile. Snipers don't need to have their close-quarters effectiveness brought down to basically null because "they are not supposed to be used in close quarters". Hell, I can basically snipe enemies with a Tigris or Plasmor. 

Snipers would still be an undesirable gun in close quarters, the don't need to be unusable. An entire class of weapons should not be so strictly enforced to such a small niche. 

The thing is though; as an actual gun snipers are hard to aim at targets moving close up. I won't say that snipers in game don't have their issues, far as i'm concerned they don't do enough damage to function as sniper rifles are meant to. It's just that the hip fire thing is accurate to what snipers are like. As far as being a niche gun, snipers in real life are niche as hell. You don't see snipers in combat save for overwatch and stealth missions because that's what they're built for and in other situations they don't function favorably. So i really can't see why you're complaining that snipers have some attributes that reflect what snipers are actually like. 

Bringing up the Tigris was a mistake as well. If you can effectively snipe with a shotgun, then THAT'S more of an issue then snipers functioning in a moderately life like fashion. Personally i think the Tigris should have larger spread so that it stays a shotgun, but that's an issue for another thread.

they are making the damage more not just for headshots theres no problem its hard but its not going to be easy am i right

1 minute ago, Deraios said:

Nooooooo...!

Now you expect people to make use of headshot damage bonus with lower zoom levels with weapons that shine past 300 m? How?

theres damage on regualar shots too not just bonuses to headshots thats still a good buff

Awesome changes! Thank you for looking at these again. The slow degrading effect on the sniper combo counter would be nice on melee combos too as mentioned earlier. 

I am interested in the weapon sound mechanics. How far will the sound of our guns travel? That maybe an interesting stat for each gun to make them different. Do I need to put the Silencer mod on my Snipers? Maybe not if the sound only goes 100-200 meters. I can kill without alerting the whole out post perhaps. Unless they find a body or something.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:
  • The combo counter mechanic seems - off.  Snipers should do high, consistent damage and reward consistency and precision - not snap shotting trying to keep some combo counter going.  And the whole multishot resets (or loses 1) stack -
    • so if you HIT a target you were aiming at, and kill it with the first - what happens to your combo counter when that second projectile misses? You get one for the hit and lose one for the miss net zero? 
    • If you HIT a target, dont kill it, but the multishot bullet wanders off to the side (the lanka can get some spread even on the indoor maps) - what happens to your stacks? You get one for the hit and lose one for the miss net zero?
    • If you miss a target with multishot, you lose TWO stacks?
    • If you hit a target with BOTH multishot do you GET two stacks?
  • On live currently you get +2 added to the combo for a multishot hit even if the first hit kills. Counter is not reset.
  • Likely a net zero. Don't use Heavy Caliber.
  • You lose two.
  • You get two.

There is no reason to assume there is a drastic change from live. The change is very likely to just address multishot becoming disproportionately valuable (more so than it already is) by allowing you to double your combo counter gain without an equal loss for missing.

Archived