The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Disappointing POE was once again postponed

hjixz

I think I'm pretty new to this and the whole reason for starting warframe from over on PS4 is because of PoE. So my 2cents here... play something else in the meantime, I don't get upset that I cant get a new update on a game simply because, being patient is all we can do. 

Def Patience: What Bill Gates taught me indirectly through windows and all it's false loading screens.

7 hours ago, -Incantatus- said:

It's not postponed. They never gave us a release date. Just a time window. 

It's better that they take their time to polish it than delivering it to us full of bugs.

Be patient! :satisfied:

Not how this works.

It's DE, they have a problem with incessantly mucking with stuff before it's released (The War Within was especially prone to this) and then taking years to get back around to mechanics that are only half completed.  Here's the catch - keep mucking with stuff, and bug fixing is pointless, because you're just going to keep creating new ones.  Also, fun fact: they're never going to catch every single bug with their internal testers, and they're never going to address every single bug because each fix comes with the risk of creating more.

Exactly how many spit-and-tape updates do we need to go through before it becomes widespread knowledge delays don't equal bug fixes and polish with DE?

1 hour ago, Littleman88 said:

Not how this works.

It's DE, they have a problem with incessantly mucking with stuff before it's released (The War Within was especially prone to this) and then taking years to get back around to mechanics that are only half completed.  Here's the catch - keep mucking with stuff, and bug fixing is pointless, because you're just going to keep creating new ones.  Also, fun fact: they're never going to catch every single bug with their internal testers, and they're never going to address every single bug because each fix comes with the risk of creating more.

Exactly how many spit-and-tape updates do we need to go through before it becomes widespread knowledge delays don't equal bug fixes and polish with DE?

They're human. 

7 hours ago, Gurpgork said:

^This. I remember watching the launch status thread for U18, hitting F5 every three seconds, and how late the devs ended up working, because they were so determined to get the update released by the end of the day. 

And then we got about four hotfixes the next day.

I think about that a lot whenever an update gets postponed. These people work so hard all the time, especially right when they're about to release something. They work right up until the very moment it gets released. That's why they never give us release dates, because they instead choose to give us updates literally as soon as they are done.

I honestly admire them a lot for that. It's gotta be painful, but they keep on keeping on.

Finally someone with a brain and heart on this thread. <3

12 hours ago, Logan_Burns2 said:

I will be working on my Overwatch skills myself. Warframe is still my favourite game despite all these set backs lol

good idea, I going to play LoL, to frustrate and disappointe myself again

12 hours ago, -Incantatus- said:

It's not postponed. They never gave us a release date. Just a time window. 

It's better that they take their time to polish it than delivering it to us full of bugs.

Be patient! :satisfied:

I don't disagree, but we all know it's going to release with bugs crawling out of every other corner. They've said it plenty of times themselves. Us PC players are the majority of what makes up DE's QA team. All I'm saying is that even with these set backs, it WILL launch with bugs aplenty. 

6 hours ago, ImpyMidna said:

Having a launch window, and not launching it in that window is a delay.

The launch window was fall, it's still fall. If you're referring to them saying "We hope it's ready by the end of September!" Note the "We hope"

6 hours ago, ImpyMidna said:

Having a launch window, and not launching it in that window is a delay.

It was never a hard window. It was a target. It was explicitly stated that it could be released later than that.

I'm starting to think DE shouldn't tell people anything at all about when to expect releases. Even when they couch it in the most non-committal terms ("we're hoping to have it out by the end of September, but eeeeeh, probably won't happen"), people treat it like an absolute promise. 

I say: Delay away!!  take your time!

I've played enough other games where content gets rushed out vastly incomplete and broken for everybody, they expect us to enjoy and pay for it, they make fake promises that they'll fix it later and ultimately leave it like that forever.

I've come to respect devs that respect themselves that they want to release quality working content to keep their players happy instead of just making a quick cash-grab from incomplete junk.

Of course, POE will still have some unforseen bugs with plenty of minor hotfixes to patch these holes, but that is still better than willingly releasing something that you know is far from ready.

it hasn't exactly been delayed or anything, but if its not out by the end of the 10 day window they've now set for themselves, they should probably reconsider their plans to not update the game until PoE drops. its been 3 weeks now since the last actual update (im not counting hot fixes) so people are understandably getting anxious. If they determine that they can't get it out within the current launch window, they should seriously consider starting an acolytes event of something (after all, it wouldn't take much to do that, its been done before, and it would at least give players something to do).

I'm all for them taking a bit of time to crush the worst bugs, but there comes a point when they know they won't be able to efficiently find bugs, this is when they should release it. they should be well aware that the longer it gets pushed back, the more likely the hype will die out and players will get disappointed when it DOES release, as happened to TWW (which felt way to short for how long it took them to get the darn thing to release).

I'm also fine with them delaying the quest for Gara (not a huge fan of the name, but w/e) as long as their given reason is true and the plains aren't delayed because of the quest. Can't say im a fan of them letting you purchase her before her quest is released, however.

If its being pushed back as to make it better on luanch then that is good, the last thing anyone wants is Content that was pushed out before it was ready and there has been too much of that already in WF so if waiting a bit longer for polish is whats needed then its good

this is exactly why updates often fail. people continue to hype and hype and obsess and hype and whatnot and then they have silly expectations as if developers were magicians and no humans like us. depending on whats delivered some/many might be disappointed and that ONLY because they overhype. keep cool, wait till its there, enjoy the improvements and additions but stay on the ground. good things need time so wait till its done and enjoy quality then. i would wait another month NP if the update is very good then. if they need the time to polish everything and flesh everything out NP.