Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe I just don't get it?

ApocNizmith

1 hour ago, ApocNizmith said:

My sweeper prime on my carrier can 1 shot a level 60-70 depending on it's armor, that isn;t even considering my primary weapon. If I am on several of my warframes with the correct arcane I can legitimately stand in a room full of enemies that level and never even loose my shielding. so I don't even have to pay attention to stay alive.

I would like to see that. Excuse me, but it's hard to believe the bull:poop: you're shoveling here. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

6 hours ago, rand0mname said:

You need a special bait for murkray (and other rare fishes). Also, ther are sea fish, lake fish, nigth fish and day fish. Check the wiki, if you have no desire to experiment. Or just buy fish. Or ask a friend who enjoys fishing to help you.

I know. Someone made a video how to bait all fishes and there were some mistakes. Like with Murkray fish, that you have to get pepper bait, which is wrong. I need Murkray baits. And I know I need to fish them on ocean.

But still I hate fishing because of how fish are spawning and that it's still RNG, I know you should not always get the fish which you need but sometimes you are too much unlucky. 

To me it's like suddenly we have a bunch of mini games, ones that I zero interest in. I want to shoot and stab things, there's just not a lot of that in the new content. Eidolon fights are rather boring, my group does 4+ each night cycle, the open alerts tend to be frustrating since defending things from long range machine gun fire isn't enjoyable when you can barely see them in the distance, the missions are a bit of the same, crazy buggy and just moderately enjoyable to me for the most part. 

All in all just not much to enjoy, and you can't get most of the new stuff in any other way, unlike most everything else in the game. Really wish PoE tied into the base game more, like open alerts that lead into caves or up to ships that feel more like regular missions and/or having all the enemies drop small numbers of every kind of material you get in the mini games.

Also, thematically, really don't like the whole tribal low tech thing, just doesn't mesh well with the forgotten ancient super tech thing Warframe has going on.

8 hours ago, ApocNizmith said:

Since the release of PoE, I have become increasingly disenchanted with Warframe, and after only 2 days of playing the new content I have given up on it entirely. Not because bugs, not because it is even remotely hard, but because fishing is just super boring to me and it is tied directly to you ability to craft the new items.
Don't get me wrong if you love it freaking kudos to you, but every time I walk up to the edge of a lake I think to myself "Why is this even a thing? Why can't I just toss Vauban's grenade into this pond, and skim the stunned fish off the surface and get back to farming kuva?". To me it is just a tremendous waste of my play time. Is there something i am missing? Some form of charm I missed? Or am I right and it is truly just a massive waste of time that could be used to do something far more productive with my playtime?
I am genuinely interested at how many people actually enjoy this, and not only do they but why? I play Warframe in the hopes of daily committing Grenier/Corpus/Infested genocide, seeing a 3 million point + critical damage number pop up as I unleash hell on a room full of heavily armored targets, or to fly through the vast emptiness of space to steal data from my enemies communications satellites, not to stand on the edge of a digital pond skewering fish like a caveman.

Why do you like it? Or Why do you not like it? I would very much like to hear from both sides as to why or why you don't enjoy it.

to be honest I enjoy the fishing more than the bounties and mining it's relaxing to just be in one spot farming while watching an episode of rick and morty 

8 hours ago, Salenstormwing said:

So yeah, try not to get caught doing stuff that isn't fun. And if that means taking a break from Cetus in general, do that.

Well, uh, thanks for the common sense boost?

4 hours ago, Iludra said:

The audio, the design of Cetus, how the NPCs talk, it all clashes with the original game concept for me. While I don't mind this style on its own

I would think that this is subjective. Baggy, run-down, retro settings have always been what defined Warframe's places and characters. I personally love the new soundtracks and sound design.

As for the people asking as to why we can't just shoot the fish and pick them out:

1) Game mechanics.
2) I, for one, would rather have the current mechanics. Perhaps you're among those people who define their fun by how many times they can press 4 in one second, but at least for me, I enjoy the slower, more relaxed gameplay, not just trying to play shooting simulator #1172378. If it's a gimmick that makes people actually slow down, then I don't mind. It's fun for me, and if you don't like it, then good for you.

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)RDeschain82 said:

I would like to see that. Excuse me, but it's hard to believe the bull:poop: you're shoveling here. 

Sweeper Vexi-visitox, Primed Point Blank, Blaze, Full Contact, Frail Momentum, Incendiary Coat, Incendiary Coat, Scattering Inferno
145% Dmg + 150% rad, 165% dmg, +60% flat +60% heat, Turns sweeper into automatic -15% dmg, 90% heat, 90+ electric, 60% heat 60% status

IPS = Just shy of 1.5k, Radiation is about 6.5K, my sweeper hits almost as hard as my Ferrox, but has a better fire rate. And maybe 60 was a small exaggeration, and I do mean small, but just about anything on the star chart it will burn without any problems, rhino roar also effects the damage of sentinel weapons as well so stack another 140% flat damage on there. Also Vex armor can add upwards of 600% additive damage to your sentinel as it is seen by the game as being equipped. The current additive bonus scales with Power Strength, With maximum Power Strength, I am able to achieve 1094% (= (100% + (350% * 2.84)) armor and Scorns buff applies roughly 600% to all damage dealt.

Edited by ApocNizmith

1 hour ago, ApocNizmith said:

Sweeper Vexi-visitox, Primed Point Blank, Blaze, Full Contact, Frail Momentum, Incendiary Coat, Incendiary Coat, Scattering Inferno
145% Dmg + 150% rad, 165% dmg, +60% flat +60% heat, Turns sweeper into automatic -15% dmg, 90% heat, 90+ electric, 60% heat 60% status

IPS = Just shy of 1.5k, Radiation is about 6.5K, my sweeper hits almost as hard as my Ferrox, but has a better fire rate. And maybe 60 was a small exaggeration, and I do mean small, but just about anything on the star chart it will burn without any problems, rhino roar also effects the damage of sentinel weapons as well so stack another 140% flat damage on there. Also Vex armor can add upwards of 600% additive damage to your sentinel as it is seen by the game as being equipped. The current additive bonus scales with Power Strength, With maximum Power Strength, I am able to achieve 1094% (= (100% + (350% * 2.84)) armor and Scorns buff applies roughly 600% to all damage dealt.

First you said that your sweeper can one shot 60-70s lvl enemies. Now you say lvl 60 might be a small exadurattion?  I still call bullsquat. 

But wait, first you need buffs and a Riven? Come on man. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

10 hours ago, ApocNizmith said:

Don't get me wrong if you love it freaking kudos to you, but every time I walk up to the edge of a lake I think to myself "Why is this even a thing? Why can't I just toss Vauban's grenade into this pond, and skim the stunned fish off the surface and get back to farming kuva?".

Mine are usually "Why does it sometimes insist on making me wait three minutes for a single fish to spawn?"

10 hours ago, ApocNizmith said:

Why do you like it? Or Why do you not like it? I would very much like to hear from both sides as to why or why you don't enjoy it.

The only reason I'm on it is because it's new. Now that's not technically the only reason, but given the choice between farming for Gara or farming for the last single solitary Nami Prime piece I need, I'm going to choose the one that gives me happy memories of hiking in Yosemite rather than the one that wants me to sit defending a level 5 cryopod for 12 hours

Now if you actually have other stuff to do in Warframe, like try out some Rivens or farm for Nidus or pretty much anything else, then your reaction to the Plains in general and fishing in particular is perfectly understandable. I have the same reaction to the Quills; I have no intention to sit in the Plains for six hours killing V-lysts just to appease a bunch of jerks who think my Warframes are worthless crutches keeping me from unlocking my true potential all so I can by a Tony Stark thing that isn't even all that good compared to my starting one

Many like fishing because it changes the pace if we want some relaxing time at least for me and my friends.

It is actually become place to chill when I got nothing to do or tired to do missions. I wish I can browse trade chat while doing fishing thou.

Fishing at night is kind of relaxing.  There's a couple of ponds where you can clean out the nearest Grineer, and they won't be replaced until dawn.  So unless the Eidolon stomps over to say hi, I can just sit and listen to the (pre-recorded) frogs and crickets, and do something where I'm *not* required to bounce around like an air molecule with a rocket launcher.  I just wish I could get rid of a longstanding bug where any time the game updates my character profile, there is a small chance I'll be instantly thrown to the login screen.  It makes mining completely pointless, unless I want to run back to Cetus every fifth time I mine something *without* getting booted so I can save my inventory progress.

And honestly, since I don't know anyone who plays and have no intention of dealing with random Public groups for anything but Defense missions, it's the only way I can participate in the new content.  I can't solo an Eidolon, and probably never will.  I can't even solo most of the bounties - if there is an Assault objective, I can pretty much just leave the area and fail the mission right there, and save my revives, because I *will* fail the mission either way.  (Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it's spawning an attack force for an entire team, even if you're solo.)  So I fish, and very rarely I spot a wisp and manage to grab it before it runs away.  Eventually, I'll probably have to trade for the resources to craft something from the Osteron stores or the Quills, because it seems highly unlikely I'll be getting Flawless Eidolon Cores or Breath of the Eidolon on my own.  But hey, to raise standing with the Quills I'll only need to kill a couple thousand of the little ghost Sentients, so maybe by then I'll have tripped over the resources to build an Amp upgrade.

On 10/19/2017 at 3:30 PM, PrVonTuckIII said:

Well, uh, thanks for the common sense boost?

I would think that this is subjective. Baggy, run-down, retro settings have always been what defined Warframe's places and characters. I personally love the new soundtracks and sound design.

As for the people asking as to why we can't just shoot the fish and pick them out:

1) Game mechanics.
2) I, for one, would rather have the current mechanics. Perhaps you're among those people who define their fun by how many times they can press 4 in one second, but at least for me, I enjoy the slower, more relaxed gameplay, not just trying to play shooting simulator #1172378. If it's a gimmick that makes people actually slow down, then I don't mind. It's fun for me, and if you don't like it, then good for you.

No I define my fun by dynamic combat, team tactics, pushing hard into endgame for lvl 1200+ enemies, soloing sorties with a mk1 branton and fast paced, high action content. Not how many times can I push 4, at the hour mark into a survival there is no amount of spam that can kill a enemy, you rely on high powered weapons, skill and mental fortitude, not tossing a spear at fish and relaxing for one more t han 5 seconds can be the difference between failure and success.
I am what  most  people would call a "min/max" player. I have dumped 10 forma into some of my frames, farmed hard for the most benifical rivens for my already super powerful weapons, arcane sets. I didn't spend my time and effort to go fishing on frames capable of standing in the Eidelons most powerful attacks getting barely scratched and refilling my frame energy and boosting dmg mit at the same time giggeling that his attack actually just made me stronger. Slowing down for players like me is not a option.
Runnign endurace survivals requires high survivability while maintaining kills per second in order to maintain life support well into the thousands of levels of enemies. Building frames capable of that make lvl 60 maximum content a strole in the park, and have no challenge, they are mearly tedium. To me that is what warframe is, a test of skill and endurace, a fast paced 3rd person shooter where the goal is to best vast legions of enemies in martial combat. Fishing to me is just boring as hell after dropping more than 15000 enemies in a single run all of which at any moment could easily one shot you.

Edited by ApocNizmith

While I don't mind fishing, it should NOT be a requirement to progress in game, particularly to such a grindy degree, the fact you need to fish for endless hours to get a better AMP weapon for your operator, which is likely to be an important part of the game later on, is ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, PrVonTuckIII said:

Then why are you even bothering to post in this thread? Obviously fishing is not relevant to your high-n'-mighty endgame, so this should be irrelevant to you.

I wouldn't phrase things like that. 

What he conciders warframe to be is, to me, what it was when I started playing three years ago, when all the lore was hidden and mysterious, when we didn't even knew who was behind the Warframe's mask, and most importantly, while we were defending. 

Now three years have passed, and for the first time, the colonists aren't blank faces anymore, we get to know them, to be those heroes we thought to be. Warframe finally gets a truly living place in its awesome world. While up until now all was simply military base, mining slave station, building dock, fortress or science lab, places where everything is hostile, and not a single civilian is working, places where all we were here for was slaughter and destruction for the sake of looking what we needed. 

Cetus in comparison is a living village, it has its inhabitants, it's personalities, like Onkko or Konzu, and they all are made to feel like living persons. The relays houses a few living personas, be it Cantis, Glast or Simaris, but these place are all but hubs no one is actually living on them, aside from Maroo in her bazar, and even so she is the sole person aboard. 

That choice of this low level area, these slower paced activities, is all because of how Cetus is alive. They need fishes to eat, we go finds some to help and receive some materials in exchange, they use stones and gems for trading, we mine some down to trade with them, Konzu receives Intel on potential trouble, we dispose of it to protect them. This new slow pace is to me a way to also show us that though we are ruthless and merciless killing machines, sometimes we can also take a moment to breath out of all that, to just look at the sun spinning in the sky, take a stroll on top of an Eidolon, or go fishing and digging a few holes. 

From a personal, and roleplay, standpoint that place that is Cetus and its plain, expanded more on how the world of Warframe spins than any previous update did. 

On 10/19/2017 at 10:10 AM, (PS4)thowed said:

Couldn't Hydroid just summon the Kraken to grab all the fish for you?  

On 10/19/2017 at 7:59 AM, ApocNizmith said:

Why can't I just toss Vauban's grenade into this pond, and skim the stunned fish off the surface and get back to farming kuva?". To me it is just a tremendous waste of my play time.

This ^^^^^^

On 10/19/2017 at 11:28 AM, Iludra said:

For me, fishing, mining, and crafting are just gimmicks. I don't mind the idea, but what really bothers me is that PoE feel like an entirely different game that was artificially stitched onto the game I love. Not necessarily due to the gameplay, but mostly due to the overall feel - it's almost like an entirely different genre, more medieval/fantasy, and not so much space/sci-fi. The audio, the design of Cetus, how the NPCs talk, it all clashes with the original game concept for me. While I don't mind this style on its own, I find the difference too jarring, and don't enjoy playing the new content because of this.

I agree with this 100%. If you remove the warframe/operator and substitute it with a different main character, it's a totally different game. It's too much of a contrast for my taste. Not to mention the bugs that made the experience unplayable for me. While playing with a friend the game would place us in different instances even though we were in the same squad, gates wouldn't open for either one, or bounties bugging out, or randoms quitting in the middle of taking down a Teralyst, etc.

Since PoE has its own economy and there's nothing there that would impede my progress in the main game, I think I'll just stick to the star chart for now...

On 2017. 10. 19. at 1:59 PM, ApocNizmith said:

Since the release of PoE, I have become increasingly disenchanted with Warframe, and after only 2 days of playing the new content I have given up on it entirely. Not because bugs, not because it is even remotely hard, but because fishing is just super boring to me and it is tied directly to you ability to craft the new items.
Don't get me wrong if you love it freaking kudos to you, but every time I walk up to the edge of a lake I think to myself "Why is this even a thing? Why can't I just toss Vauban's grenade into this pond, and skim the stunned fish off the surface and get back to farming kuva?". To me it is just a tremendous waste of my play time. Is there something i am missing? Some form of charm I missed? Or am I right and it is truly just a massive waste of time that could be used to do something far more productive with my playtime?
I am genuinely interested at how many people actually enjoy this, and not only do they but why? I play Warframe in the hopes of daily committing Grenier/Corpus/Infested genocide, seeing a 3 million point + critical damage number pop up as I unleash hell on a room full of heavily armored targets, or to fly through the vast emptiness of space to steal data from my enemies communications satellites, not to stand on the edge of a digital pond skewering fish like a caveman.

My biggest problem is that i have to wait for the fishes to spawn. Going up to a lake should already show there are fishes in it not just when you aim at it with the spear.

In itself this activity is boring and not too rewarding but it could be good if DE goes into it and spends some time developing it. 

Since PoE came out, I've been playing very little of the rest of Warframe. With all the incentive and ability to go faster, be stronger, blow up more things, have MORE power, MORE optimizing, etc. etc., it's a really nice change of pace to just head out into an open expanse, birds chirping in the background and have a simple event between you and a lake. I'm liking the different feeling it gives me. And I can always dip out of that and head into combat when I feel like it.

I'm motivated of course by all the stuff that these crafting ingredients are for, and I'll probably do less PoE farming once I have the stuff I intend to craft, but I'm enjoying my time of it right now. The trick is not to focus so hard on the end result that the journey feels like only work and not like playing a game. If the fishing minigame is just not fun for you, I'm afraid I can't help you, but if you just play it for what it is you might have a good time. If you just fume about how it's a wall between you and your next Skinner box reward, you're probably gonna have a bad time.

Edited by SenorClipClop

The process of fishing itself? I quite like it. Something about listening for fish, tracking it down, anticipating its movements and spearing it in feels rather satisfying for me, just the methodical nature of it. It's the same reason why I like taking the stealthy route in games where that's a thing instead of just charging in screeching. I'd totally fish even if it was entirely optional and the only thing to be gained from it are trophies and standing.

But fishing in the context of how it interacts with the rest of PoE?

HELL NO.

DE's problem is that they made fishing MANDATORY for 90% of content in PoE. And it's not even just small amounts of generic fish parts you could get from 10 minutes of fishing. Archwing? Large amount of fish oil for CONSUMABLE CHARGES when the AWs themselves are practically paper airplanes in terms of durability. Ostron rep tiers? Rank 4 and Rank 5 both need rare fish parts. Zaws? Fish parts. Operator amps? RARE fish parts.

And let's not forget how one's supposed to get rare fish parts. You have to farm the basic fish to make bait for the advanced fish which you need to farm to make bait for the rare fish, and bait doesn't even guarantee the rare fish spawns! There was never even instructions on how bait works, it took lots of player experimentation and wasted bait and time just to figure hotspots out, and even now most of the things we know about bait are still conjecture and unconfirmed! And I don't think I even have to remind anyone how it was ten times even worse than it was now when PoE was first released, the sheer disconnect between DE and the players to think that THAT release state was actually OKAY!

Most players play this game to parkour through maps slaughtering hordes of AI en masse with interesting weapons and abilities in fast pace action, not stand on a rock staring into a pond chucking spears at fish once every few minutes for hours until their eyes go blind from trying to peer past the reflective surface, just so they can get their new shiny and go back to the rest of the game that also happens to be one massive grind anyway.

tl;dr Fishing was a decent concept with decent execution that was HORRIBLY integrated with the rest of the game by enforcing it in large amounts upon all players who want access to content entirely unrelated to fishing, in a TPS horde-shooter where we play as space ninjas.