Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's next after MR30?

Twilight053

Shower thoughts... What's next after MR30? Even right now, we are very close to be taking a step into MR25.

Few years in the future and perhaps a dozen of updates later, veterans will finally hit the absolute end.

No new contents would satisfy any veteran. New weapons will be pointless, new contents would be rendered meaningless, the one and only driving reason for us to grind for new weapons and warframes are for the mastery points - which would be voided by then. Without it, Warframe will have reached the end of its grind lifetime.

And then what?

Edited by Twilight053

I think it will just going to continue. Everyone play for a different resone: Some play for the XP, some for the fun, some for the story, some for collecting items, etc.

It will take a while untill we will be able to reach MR30, untill than DE have plenty of time to decide. Maybe Warframe will finally finish open beta.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Eluminary said:

it will just keep it will just keep going and you have to download a new file for a slightly bigger Cephalon simarous room.  it's not a big deal and nothing special.   take your extra Loadout slot and if we're lucky and extra extractor

so much truth in this sentence

They have two options, more ranks like WOW did or end the MR there and keep adding additional quests and stuff just for the fun. To be honest, when you reach the point where you just play to level up stuff and get to the next rank the game becomes pointless. Maybe ok for collectors or Rank chasers but not the fun in once was. Besides to get to MR30 it would take a couple of years if they keep this pace of Frames and weapons. What is it one rank each year?

They could release a new ranking system kinda like Blade & Soul did. After you reach max level, you get a new type of "level up" (for example lv45 and 15HM). They could make it work with something related to Tenno with new lore over the years (which is what will take us to reach 30 anyway).

20 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

Shower thoughts... What's next after MR30? Even right now, we are very close to be taking a step into MR25.

Few years in the future and perhaps a dozen of updates later, veterans will finally hit the absolute end.

We are nowhere near it yet so why even bother? I am like 3/4 the way to MR25, tho eager to get the next MR, im not that hyped to see what comes after MR30 because its still to far away.

20 minutes ago, Twilight053 said:

No new contents would satisfy any veteran. New weapons will be pointless, new contents would be rendered meaningless, the one and only driving reason for us to grind for new weapons and warframes are for the mastery points - which would be voided by then. Without it, Warframe will have reached the end of its grind lifetime.

MR isnt everything for enjoying the game. New weapons and new contents mean newer player experience. Tho i would get abit sad those extra Mastery points would have no utility, the fact im not leveling pass 30 wouldnt be a problem for me as long as the Devs continued to throw in fresh new and interesting stuff to enjoy.

Even though I'm light years away from ever reaching that goal ( MR10 lol ). I'm sure they have meetings and brain storming sessions regarding which way to go and possible outcomes. PoE was a risk and a break from the way things were pre PoE. So they're not afraid to explore. PoE was just the start. This new open area system is just the first step in which I'm sure there will be tons more, which means they also must have thought out the MR situation and have idea and plans. This Game is still in it's infancy when you look at the bigger whole. I don't see MR30 as the end. Maybe just the start of a new beginning.

Edited by Tarkerus
mistakes.

DE will introduce a new line of MR after MR30, that starts at 0 again.

You don't worry, they can think up of anything just like how they can think up of lore for each warframe introduced but never explain clearly everything.

No worries ya