Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

[DE]Connor

21 hours ago, MordenGeist said:

Ok, so when they did the whole Focus rework as it is now, all the lenses installed on frames and items were given back to the player.  So, all we had to do was reinstall them.  No money lost, no problem.   Now they're saying they wont be doing that.  So all those lenses are going to be gone.  "Not refunded".   Which f'kin sucks.

Lens aren't "gone". They will not be touched period - not removed so you are able to re-apply elsewhere

1 hour ago, kaz3n said:

Let's focus on the topic at hand, DE said they are looking into the acquiring focus next, for now let's check the things they are doing. Be patient guys, this is a thin glass they are working on, they can't afford "mistakes" again or else we get sh*t like this.

I do think the general lowering down of points and unifying pool it is a good idea. Please check the energy usage, this is vital since as of this moment energy is the key to make this mode fun and we actually don't have much ways to increase this. I have a max waybound operator and I think the gameplay is fun but energy management is a problem for me to the point I have to turn off some ability to maximize my dashing - Where you also put arcanes that can heal my operator, basically I need a lot of them.

I do have a max waybound OP as well, and I don't think having to pick and choose between mobility and utility is a bad thing. For once, DE regards speed as something essential that needs to be balanced with other aspects of a mechanic and not basically ignored as something separate and universal like they did with frames speed/ speed mods.

I'd rather see perks that take energy take even more, but in return provide a vastly grater effect, so the player isn't just going through their tree slotting everything by default. Choices demand drawbacks and advantages.

9 minutes ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

I'd rather see perks that take energy take even more, but in return provide a vastly grater effect, so the player isn't just going through their tree slotting everything by default. Choices demand drawbacks and advantages.

That's the problem though. The effects that cost extra energy aren't good enough to justify that energy cost.

The trade is that we picked a school and can only use actives from that school. We already worked for these effects and put time into getting them. There's no reason to ask for more. It would be similar to having an extra 2/s energy drain for each augment mod you pick for your frame. The limitations are already in Focus by having schools just like the limited number of mod slots we can use on our frames.

Asking us to make micro compromises on a progression system is nonsense.

Since everyone hates convergence orbs but DE insists on keeping them, why not spawn them as enemies like eximus that grant the effect once killed?

Or try something more thematic and have a mini-teralyst spawn randomly each mission that multiplies focus gain for the entire mission if killed.

So with this change, for people who have unlocked almost all for one tree (let's say zenurik almost maxed), will we be able to convert let's say spare zenurik points to something else? If not, can you give players an option to convert spare focus points back to brilliant shard so they can invest on another focus tree?

6 hours ago, DreamsmithJane said:

Well, the reason they did it the first time is that there is no lens distiller. They understood that with such drastic changes, players might want to install different lenses on their favourite gear, and they didn't want to force us to destroy the lenses we already had in order to do that (because some people payed plat for them). The changes this time are far less drastic in terms of how the abilities actually work, so if someone has regrets, it's not because things were switched around on them, but just because they didn't like the results of the choice they made.

2 is a good question. I personally would like to see a means of removing lenses intact. Eidolon lenses are quite expensive.

Given that this is a rebalancing of the focus schools, and the means of focus acquisition are potentially being changed, should this also not elicit a refund?

I don't think it was possible for anyone to know how the rebalanced trees will end up becoming.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Kavriel said:

Since everyone hates convergence orbs but DE insists on keeping them, why not spawn them as enemies like eximus that grant the effect once killed?

Or try something more thematic and have a mini-teralyst spawn randomly each mission that multiplies focus gain for the entire mission if killed.

Or BETTER. Make covergence orb a loot that can be exchange for some focus for a certain school. And these drop from eximus. 

14 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

players will still keep their lenses, they will just remain installed on your weapons.

Yeah, we understand just fine, but the fact that they arent refunded just sucks.

14 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Waybound nodes are not subject to the cost reduction

1.000.000 focus is still ridiculously much, considering the way you earn focus. 

55 minutes ago, Evanescent said:

Given that this is a rebalancing of the focus schools, and the means of focus acquisition are potentially being changed, should this also not elicit a refund?

I don't think it was possible for anyone to know how the rebalanced trees will end up becoming.

Not really. Minor balance tweaks aren't the same as completely gutting the system and starting over like they did in moving from 1.0 to 2.0. The means of focus acquisition aren't being changed.

My two cents on this stuff.

To me focus system as it is now is simply an unbalanced farming machine and a clear example on how "to make something complicate for the sake of it".

My ideas:

- remove the convergence orbs: (almost) all wf community hate them and the mechanic at their basics.

- the majority of players i've met (so, i could be *surely* wrong) don't like to use the operator mode that much and they tend to do that only where effectively necessary, so making the game more and more operator-based is a bit disappointing to me.

- the idea of a focus tree like an RPG-class system is really good. However, i'd have preferred only an all-passive skill tree in every school or maybe only 1-2 active skills for each tree. Focus is a support to warframes: support would have been only passive, in a way similar to the ship bonuses. 

- making a distiller to remove lenses from equipment would be a good idea. I personally find the lens system really good, even with the new Eidolon lenses. Why not make *only* the Eidolon Lenses removable through a distiller or something similar? 

- absolutely remove the daily cap. It's simply useless.

- Make the focus farming more flexible (and less boring) is the point. As of now, there is *one* mission (adaro, sedna) and *one* loadout (equinox+orthos) to farm focus effectively in the entire game and the reasons are  the (still) enormous amount of affinity to max focus skills/trees and the way convergence orbs work. Way too much for a thing that have to be useful at support warframes.

These are only some thoughts i had last night. Sorry for my clunky english ;)

On 05/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, [DE]Connor said:

-Waybound nodes are not subject to the cost reduction.

Ok so you guys are not going to change the nodes that most people will actually want to unlock?

What is your reasoning behind this?  The pessimist in me makes me think that you know that these nodes will be the ones that most people want, so you don't want to reduce the grind for them.

Why not leave the 1 million to unbind but reduce the costs of the other levels like you're doing with the other non waybound nodes?

1 hour ago, (PS4)nating51 said:

- the majority of players i've met (so, i could be *surely* wrong) don't like to use the operator mode that much and they tend to do that only where effectively necessary, so making the game more and more operator-based is a bit disappointing to me.

- the idea of a focus tree like an RPG-class system is really good. However, i'd have preferred only an all-passive skill tree in every school or maybe only 1-2 active skills for each tree. Focus is a support to warframes: support would have been only passive, in a way similar to the ship bonuses. 

- Make the focus farming more flexible (and less boring) is the point. As of now, there is *one* mission (adaro, sedna) and *one* loadout (equinox+orthos) to farm focus effectively in the entire game and the reasons are  the (still) enormous amount of affinity to max focus skills/trees and the way convergence orbs work. Way too much for a thing that have to be useful at support warframes.

I agree most of it , except these three.

>maybe i'm weird but i really fun with playing as Operator , it kinda a break from warframe simulation with half Warframe and half Operator gameplay.

>I don't care about whether it's active or passive , but i want some interesting abilities instead of some reused old abilities with cut the effect in half and put into focus.

>As currently , it's kinda fun to me , i use Banshee with scoliac to kill enemies, but the fun fact is , how many point i can earn per round , how many times i kill enemy without alert. something like that keep me doing in focus daily routine.

Hello [DE]Connor! Will you be expanding what skills can be waybound to allow even more unique operator-warrior builds? Have you considered adding some entirely new skills to the Focus schools? Are there plans to touch other elements of the game like Energy Siphon aura being more effective since players feel compelled to use Zenurik to sustain energy and abilities, which harms build diversity?

1 hour ago, jezym said:

Ok so you guys are not going to change the nodes that most people will actually want to unlock?

What is your reasoning behind this?  The pessimist in me makes me think that you know that these nodes will be the ones that most people want, so you don't want to reduce the grind for them.

Why not leave the 1 million to unbind but reduce the costs of the other levels like you're doing with the other non waybound nodes?

They are going to make it easy to farm Focus be it hardcore or passive farm, that would lessen the pain grinding it.

On 12/6/2017 at 6:11 PM, (Xbox One)RAG is NAROK said:

I do have a slight question. If DE made it so that Lightning Dash only applied when you actually dashed through an enemy (and exacted the cost then) but when you don't its just your standard Void Dash (or technically Energizing Dash), would this be that big of an issue.

I am just asking out of curiosity, I haven't had a chance to use Lightning Dash and I'm not sure DE is very clear with their plans for Lightning Dash (aside from the energy cost).

If they did this, it would have been the same if they left it as it was when Focus 2.0.

1 hour ago, EinstenheiM said:

I'm a little confused, does this mean I will lose my eidolon lenses installed on my warframes ?

No. The lenses will stay on your equipment this time. They will not be removed and refunded to your account like in Focus 2.0. So you do not have to worry about losing them at all.

The waybound nodes require those cost reductions the MOST

I see no point in not reducing them considering they require that 1m points to unbind them at the end (either the 1m should be reduced by 50% or ranking up the nodes up to the point when we can unbind them should receive the reduction. OR BOTH)

I saw others say this and I'll agree to them, these are baby steps to the right direction but that's just about it. Removing convergence would be a huge step forward and for the love of Lotus, why are the lenses still unequippable after 2 years the Second Dream is in the game?

Removing the focus lenses entirely. The removal of lenses will indeed annoy people that spent platinum on buying them, and I don't blame them for it. I also bought a few but I wouldn't mind their removal from the game

Archived