Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

[DE]Connor

DE really don't aware that 'spends x more energy' stuffs is actually equal to 'you must not choose this'. More energy requirement for the move just means that we can't use it longer or more. The extra effect is worthless anyways; what we expect for the operator is just do their job where we NEED to bring them, otherwise we can just handle it by our warframes.

So vazarin is still basically a shadow of its former self? I get that the other schools got rebalanced as well, but Vaz was never a top tier one to begin with. Most of the reason anyone used it was for the insta-revives, and those are nearly useless now, especially with the player having no choice who the charges get used on. Plus, kubrows and kavats having the mental capacity of a wet napkin doesn't exactly help on blowing through charges instantly.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
Vazarin needs to 
a)Have a wider range for Protective dash's heal. Zenurik and Unairu both have effect spheres, why not Vazarin? To make the invuln time not be overpowered, make a cooldown just for that effect, similar to Phoenix Renewal's revive effect. 
b)Have the ability to regain lost revive charges.

C!) PLEASE let us heal companions and sentinels again. I understand disabling heals on excavators since nothing else can, but why on companions?

il y a une heure, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg a dit :

Having farmed the snot out of Focus 1.0 and 2.0 I don't care about the cost reductions.  what about all the work those of us  put in that actually unlocked all the waybounds, and maxed out our pool sizes.   Wasn't that the logic that was used for not reducing the Hema cost? Pick a lane already DE.

That is the single worst mentality to have in these scenarii though. We should ensure no one else has to go through all that bullsh!t we had to put up with for 2 years. Not ensure they have to as well. That is just so wrong on so many levels...

I do agree on one thing : DE, sort your mess out, you've been serving us double standards since day one. Stop it. No more needlessly tedious systems and mechanics, no more waiting for years before finally deciding to do something to then not even really try and slap on bandaids and half-measures that solve nothing. Just get to it, and do not stop until it's done, period. That's the only way this can work now. Listen to your community, get rid of all the pointless stuff that only gets in the way of the experience, aka lenses, convergence orbs, separate Focus pools for each school. Get rid of all that already, it only hurts your game and the trust and credit you've built with us over time. We want this to succeed, we want to help. So let us. Please. So many good suggestions on the forums and reddit, so many people trying to help. Just try one way that isn't your way for once.

On 05.12.2017 at 11:42 PM, [DE]Connor said:

Vazarin:
-Protective Dash (grants 5s of immunity at max, up from 2s)

Speaking of which:

"Allies hit by Void Dash are granted immunity from damage for 1s / 1s / 2s / 2s and healed 25% / 35% / 55% / 75% over 5s".

Keyword is "allies", but wait! Not only it doesn't heal your pets and sentinels or grants them immunity, it also doesn't heal allied NPCs.

Don't you think this little inconvenience should be changed as well? I'm completely fine with Protective Dash not restoring objective's HP (cryopods, terminals, rovers, cores etc.), but not being able to help your senti or pet is a bummer. They can be healed by Mantis' Life Support stations, by HP orbs or HP pizzas -- I don't see any reason why Protective Dash wouldn't also restore their HP (at least HP, I'm also fine with it not granting them immunity). 

Also, as far as I know, (Primed) Regen still doesn't work when using transference, so if your sentinel receives lethal damage it goes boom w/o regenerating.

On 2017-12-05 at 9:55 PM, Magnus said:

Fix Void Mode powers costing additional energy drain on leveling them up. You shouldn't be punished for leveling up a skill that you can't level down.

Don't make Unairu a flat armor addition, keep it a percentage.

Make it so you can fill Pool like you can nodes, so you can put scraps into Pool from any other focus tree that you don't intend to use.

I rather have the 60 armor then 20% it will be better for most frames and for the operators.  20% on a 50 armor frame is nothing while adding 60 will get him to 110 wich is more then 100% increase.

You mean I've been busting my @$$ to get my Stone Skin to 20% for absolutely nothing? A flat 60? I mean, this is good for a frame like Banshee and all, but what about the actual frames that are intended to take damage? This is a straight Nerf for Valkyr/Prime, Atlas, and Chroma, when attempting to make use of that feature.

As for the frames where this will enhance their durability, its not going to go far at all. This is a waste. 

Any chance we could unbind nodes before maxing them?  The current layout means it doesn't feel like our operator's power is growing over time. Instead, we grind for weeks and then suddenly have a strong new power available in our chosen school.

Also, I really do hope convergence orbs become a thing of the past. They break the flow of gameplay by making players suddenly dart to a certain location. In some missions that's not a problem, but in others that can mean abandoning the defense objective or ignoring enemies in a survival to run hundreds of meters away from where they were.

Forcing me to grind teralysts as a purely PUG player, this still helps me not one wit since I am basically locked out of progression completely.  I absolutely do not want to have to organize or join a group that requires me to talk to people in any chat.  Actually defeating teralyst with a group of randoms is about a 1 in 10 success rate for me assuming I can get matched with anyone who wants to do it.

Focus 2.x for me is Focus 0.0.  All the time I spent on 1.0 was completely destroyed.  Please fix that.

Convergence does not, has not, and will not offer a "change of pace" to Warframe.

Normal gameplay involves killing everything as fast as possible, and Convergence is exactly the same except it makes players COMPETE FOR KILLS, IGNORE OBJECTIVES, and BACKTRACK REGULARLY.

If you feel that you need to use a grinding power-up to get players to move from point A to point B instead of camping in one spot for the whole mission, there is something wrong with your game.

At the VERY least, change Convergence from a pick-up into a simple boost that triggers periodically; players already can't truly "save" the orb because it despawns so fast that most of the time spent is simply getting TO it. This removes the need for spawn logic and mitigates its conflict with objectives somewhat. Hardly perfect, but it's a start.

Please, for once, fix the root cause of the problem instead of simply trying to patch over it.

To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of the Flat armor change in Unairu. It sort of makes sense that the tanky school would lend itself well to tanky frames, but this change really only helps the squishy ones. Why not make it, say, 40-50 flat armor (or comparable number) and add 10% (or comparable number) on top of it? That'd help squishy frames AND tanky frames.

So i was under the impression when they talked about 1 pool in the dev stream, we would have one pool for all focus school's instead of 5 different pool's and needing 5 different lenses.

Is this shared pool capacity what they actually meant or are we getting 1 pool in a later update?

I don't see ANY mention of dealing with the absolutely garbage condition of Focus EXP acquisition. This is the biggest problem, period. We don't need cost reductions until we can actually get it without having to be bored out of our minds by cheesy, boring farming methods. We need the ability to gain focus EXP just for playing the game. That's the real issue. The cost of the nodes should not have been touched until that went into effect.

I'm sure I'm not the only one. I'm also sure you're tired of reading about it. But, I want my energy overflow from Zenurik, and my crit chance and invisibility from naramon back. Every other change to focus is great, I love it, it's just those 3 were soooo useful in game. Why were they removed? 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:00 PM, OvisCaedo said:

No, this was the OTHER armor skill. This only gave 20%. The 200% operator armor one is a separate skill.

I do think that gives still % of armor but adds 60 base. So low armored frames can benefit from it more.

Can you guys explain us your doubts about the introducion of the soft daily cap? i fail to see a downside to it.

Here is an example:
200% focus gain until 100 000
100%.... until 200 000
50%.....until 300 000
25%......until 400 000
10%....... past 400 000

Having the current hard cap makes me feel like im done for today once i it the cap, as my time playing is less produtive as all the affinity im gaining after the hard cap is going to waste, if only i could receive some focus, even if just 10% it would feel like the affinity is not going to waste, and yet, with such low % i could not get a broken ammount of focus in a single day.
And that boost on the first daily focus also makes it feel like your first hour in the game every day is beeing very productive, mostly if you dont have many daily hours to play.

What is the reason you guys have doubts on something like this? tell us so we can help you.

On 05/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, [DE]Connor said:

-Waybound nodes are not subject to the cost reduction.

Well this is just stupid, I'm sorry but it is.  I was hoping this was just the shard that you were referencing but you've left unbinding at the same cost as before...

I can understand it being a bit more expensive but up to 160k for 3 dots and then jumping to 1MILLION focus (vazarin enduring tides) and a shard to fully unlock on all schools is ludicrous. 

It really does feel like you don't actually play your game when you do stuff like this because that sort of level of focus basically requires players to focus purely on farming for focus.

For reference, I'm someone who has not specifically farmed focus, I've just played the game, and I have a little over 1million points on 3 of the 5 schools, the remaining 2 don't have enough to even worry over.  Thats taken me over 550 days to get..... so if I'm lucky I might be able to unlock a waybound in another year...

edit: and why is it that zenurik has so much more cost attached to it than the others?

Thanks for the slight improvement to Guardian Blast: "Guardian Blast now grants 160 shields at max, up from 100." This will be helpful in keeping shields up a bit more.

However, this does not fix the issue of the ability costing additional energy per cast and causing the ability to not function when near to many warframes/allies. Please read my full forum post on this feedback.

Archived