Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: The Features of Focus 2.5

[DE]Connor

21 hours ago, DrBorris said:

And on another note, could you take a second look at how Madurai interacts with your Warframe? Most of the other schools have interesting synergies between Operator and Warframe abilities, but Madurai is heavily focused on your Operator doing damage (which is basically nothing compared to a Warframe).

The Operator's combat viability is for Eidolon hunting and assisting in dealing with Lua Sentients and Shadow Stalker.
Eidolons are effectively invincible to everything so long as their shields are up... the one exception is Void-based attacks. Further, Void energy attacks reset the resists of Lua Sentients and Shadow Stalker, making it easier to beat them.

I specify Lua Sentients because Vomvalysts and Eidolons don't get this resist buff.

19 minutes ago, Maercurial said:

I think that's a wrong Mindset when dealing with Focus, I've been a Naramon main from the start, that's what I've been working towards while slowly getting some other schools up as well, but they weren't much of a concern. As I see it, you shouldn't worry about other schools until you've mastered the one you've chosen (which means getting everything valuable out of it that you want to try out/maximize).

But that is the mindset that DE is trying to 'encourage' with these changes.  If they didn't want us to have all the schools they'd have put the 'operator buffs' as something from the quills etc.  While we'll likely all just focus on one node at a time, partly because we have no choice at first, but we will eventually get more than one lens you'll put them on more frames.  Plus it's not like we have an excess of lenses for a particular focus school (cough naramon) to work on or anything after plague star lol

With the old setup we basically levelled up naramon for shadowstep (check did that) and zenurik for energy regen (check did that) to max and after that we had no real need to worry over anything else (although my vazarin is pretty similar in value) because of the cooldown timer.  The other schools didn't really offer anything 'better' than that for most people. 

26 minutes ago, (Xbox One)N7 Tigger said:

Err... yeah... there are two waybound passives in each focus tree so... ouch. Sorry.

Which makes my original point that 1 MILLION points is too high even more valid

22 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Now, having been out in the wild for over a month, we’ve watched you guys dive head first into the exciting new possibilities offered in the various Focus trees, and listened to your thoughts and suggestions for what could be improved. Hopefully you’re having as much fun with it as we are - but we’re not done yet.

Not trying to be nasty to you, Connor, but I don't think the community is either excited or having fun with the new system.  This makes me wonder how sincerely our thoughts and suggestions are being considered.  There is a lot of legitimate criticism of this system.  I've unlocked and upgraded my operator quite a bit, but not because I have an interest in this system.  I'm assuming it is here to stay, and ignoring it will present a severe handicap to future warframing.  If you could assure me this system was completely optional I would abandon it altogether.  I think the eidolon teracyst (and the two upcoming ones) prove I'm stuck with this, and some gameplay I want to engage in in the future will be restricted to participation in focus.

I'm not having fun with it.  I'm not excited about it.  I don't think I'm alone in this.

I don't' want to criticise without offering anything, so here is a quick and simple solution that would allow my participation without it seeming like a chore.  I only want to use my operator in noncombat situations.  Walking around hubs/dojo/ship/Cetus, that sort of thing.  In combat, I would much prefer if I could equip my amp on my warframe.  Essentially, giving me a 4th weapon.  While I'm using my amp, change my warframe powerset to the operator powerset.  I'd be more invested in building more of a custom powerset I could use on any frame than some kid I just kinda feel saddled with.  I don't want to lose a warframes natural powerset, just let me use the operator one while my warframe uses an amp.

22 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Finally, I’d like to give updates on the development status of other anticipated Focus changes. Discussions about Convergence are still ongoing; for the time being, we have an interest in maintaining the mechanic for the change of pacing it can offer, and we will think on it even more once higher priority issues are resolved.

I know some people are ok with Convergence Orbs (Don't worry, it'll get to you in time...).

But if you've spent any amount of time in the game, you'll know how annoying this can get.  Sure, one can choose to ignore the orbs, but it's hard to when it beeps at you and consistently teases you to get it.

This has also exacerbated with PoE.  With a squad, the orb can spawn hundreds of meters away near a teammate who is far away.  By far, what gets me is always the spawn on top of the sniper tower or when you're following your drone to safety and it spawns way behind you.  This list of 'annoyance' is so big and there're so many use-cases that no amount of tweaking on the dev part will make it better.  On the regular map, who doesn't like an orb spawn on a floor above/below you after you've taken the elevator?  Or near a turret way back in the other room with no enemies?  But more often than not, when you get the orb, either your challenge has been completed (30 kills, then orb spawns!), or I swear the enemies and eximus units just disappear!

Hence, I will solemnly continue to upvote and applause all threads asking for the removal of the Convergence orbs. :)

So DE, please re-consider and think this again even though you are working on other higher priority tasks.  Pretty please!

3 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Morning guys! I tried my best to clear up some misunderstandings I saw in the first half of the responses, will get through the rest today :)

1)What is the reasoning behind not redistributing lenses?

2)Is a lens distiller of sorts being discussed, then?

4 minutes ago, Kawalorn said:

OMG it took you YEARS but you finally realised that Unairu should be adding FLAT armor instead of % to have proper effect on EVERY Warframe. About friggin time, jeez!

Ironically enough, adding flat armor makes it somewhat worse because Unairu with % armor was actually good for Nidus, Chroma, Inaros, etc.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb RadYogh:

And it doesn't even work well on clients.... You have to press 5, void dash, press 5 again and then run back to get the buff that spawned 10-15 meters behind you. ... And sometimes it just doesn't work and you have to void dash 2-5 times to get the damn buff.....

i realy dont have any clou what you guys are talking about "walk back to collect the Buff"? .. the Bubble spawns at the Spot where you dashed to, not where you came from .. you even use this talent or just ranting about without knowing how it works? or you are using some wierd macros that screw everything up? .. and its always the spot where you last dashed to ..

btw i bound my Opo to 'C' .. my Indexfinger is most of the time free to use it and its comfy without finger-cramping

13 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Ironically enough, adding flat armor makes it somewhat worse because Unairu with % armor was actually good for Nidus, Chroma, Inaros, etc.

Not entirely

The max ammount was 20% so you would need above 300 armor to get more than 60 from that.

The only frames with armor above 300 are Chroma, Atlas and Valkyr/Prime. Nidus and Inaros actually will get more armor than previously. I main Atlas but I will gladly take that sacrifice if it means this passive stops being useless on 80% of frames.

il y a 18 minutes, Kawalorn a dit :

Not entirely

The max ammount was 20% so you would need above 300 armor to get more than 60 from that.

The only frames with armor above 300 are Chroma, Atlas and Valkyr/Prime. Nidus and Inaros actually will get more armor than previously. I main Atlas but I will gladly take that sacrifice if it means this passive stops being useless on 80% of frames.

You know, they also could make it so that if the frame used has an armor that is below a certain threshold it gets a flat amount, and if it is above it, they get a percentage instead. Everyone would win if they did that, and it is far from difficult to implement.

24 minutes ago, Malakain said:

i realy dont have any clou what you guys are talking about "walk back to collect the Buff"? .. the Bubble spawns at the Spot where you dashed to, not where you came from .. you even use this talent or just ranting about without knowing how it works? or you are using some wierd macros that screw everything up? .. and its always the spot where you last dashed to ..

btw i bound my Opo to 'C' .. my Indexfinger is most of the time free to use it and its comfy without finger-cramping

*Clue

and no, it doesn't. If you are moving forward you re-enter your warframe about a foot outside the forward edge of the bubble. It completely breaks momentum.

3 minutes ago, Marthrym said:

You know, they also could make it so that if the frame used has an armor that is below a certain threshold it gets a flat amount, and if it is above it, they get a percentage instead. Everyone would win if they did that, and it is far from difficult to implement.

I undestand, but with how long it took DE to do this I'll take my victories where I can get them.

il y a 24 minutes, Kawalorn a dit :

I undestand, but with how long it took DE to do this I'll take my victories where I can get them.

That is actually a very good point. Which saddens me greatly. I guess it's overall better than the current version, since more frames benefit from it... I just wish they'd just get it right this time, not years from now...

Unairu's Void Spines should work WF's before dmg mitigation comes into play though. Otherwise you'll STILL be reflecting average 100 dmg back to a bombard who just hit you for 10k. And I'm not even taking into account the difference between enemies health increase and dmg increase scaling per lvl here.

3 minutes ago, metvincent said:

THIS. Thanks a lot for doing the math for us.

This is what worries me the most. Unless we also get a decrease in the scaling of needed focus affinity for each pool capacity point, there will come a time when unlocking a single skill from any focus school will ask of you to invest more focus affinity in pool capacity points than the whole school needs.

From the focus 2.0 wikia:

focus point #162 single focus point cost        135,440 capacity change    162 >> 163 Total focus cost 10,096,833

I might have misread it but I understood that if you unlock 20 points it will be 20 points for each school so 100 total.

1, secondary schools have 0 requirements to unlock capacity just to rank up waybounds to unlock them 

2, new system, if you unlock 20 capacity in Zenurik, you will have it all available in Naramon as well, so even if 1 was false you wouldn't need any additional capacity for Naramon 

Just now, Kawalorn said:

I might have misread it but I understood that if you unlock 20 points it will be 20 points for each school so 100 total.

Yup, my bad, just re-read the "-New unified pool capacity will not be an increase in any way. If you spend enough points to get your pool size up to 20 points, you will be able to use 20 points worth of abilities in Zenurik, 20 in Naramon, etc etc." bit. Thanks for correcting, I'll go ahead and edit my previous post.

1 hour ago, Marthrym said:

as a unairu user since second dream i would like your idea to be the passive so my valkyr still gets her 20% armour increase but im also okay with the change since the void spines passive gets a buff as well enemies will take more damage making the tankier frames benefit even more from unairu than before the changes.

15 minutes ago, Kawalorn said:

Secondary/inactive schools don't use/need/consume any capacity so no, you'd have 20, but whichever school is active will have 20 no matter where you bought it. 

Good to know that Convergence Orbs are staying and focus will remain Operator centric, uninteresting and irrelevant. This way, at least, I can continue to ignore it. Until you finally reach the point you begin locking overall game progress behind these trees, and I uninstall the game for good, anyway.

Archived