The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A "Report Player" Option was Added

Voltage

A problem that existed before was that if the player didn't play with you, he wouldn't appear in the recent players list, such players include toxic chat players. A support ticket was kinda overkill for a simple toxic user.

Now the fun begins with the trade chat

Edited by KIREEK

Hopefully it isn't the same level of mess that blizzard got themselves into. Then again this game is 100x less toxic than overwatch lol. Blizzard put up an auto ban systems that basically means if you get reported by the people actually trolling you get banned. In 15 years of mmos gaming ive never seen a system so poorly made and backfire so badly as theirs.

The only thing I fear is people abusing this new report system and end up getting people banned or into trouble for silly reasons or for none at all. 

I just hope DE can make sure not to get tricked into banning innocent players by fake reports or reports based on a very little issue

Edited by crimsonspartan1

hopefully all this system dose is count the amount of reports a player gets and once a player hits a certain number they get manually investigated. Its all too easy for one popular player to get someone auto banned if there is an auto ban mechanic.

But This is a very welcome addition I have to say. It was way too much of a hassle to report players before this so bad eggs were just left untouched unless they were REALLY bad.  

27 minutes ago, KIREEK said:

A problem that existed before was that if the player didn't play with you, he wouldn't appear in the recent players list, such players include toxic chat players. A support ticket was kinda overkill for a simply toxic user.

Now the fun begins with the trade chat

Glad to know & you said it. :satisfied:

Same system is in World of Tanks. It rarely gets toxic players/leechers banned, but toxic scrub got top players banned as they were reporting them often out of envy and a feeling of inferiority, or just because they did not follow their non-existent dumb plan for the battle, which would have surely lead to a lose. There seem to be more abuse than use of the system.

Edited by Mr.SpookSpook

55 minutes ago, 16Bitman said:

This has been in the game for a long, long time now.

Afaik reports don't even go anywhere.

Yeah, this feature has been here since forever. It's not new at all, doesn't even work. It's just a placeholder.

Think about it, it would be too easy to spam-report people with a single click for just looking at you funny and laying a burden for DE staff to handle all that.

Reporting still has to be done with proof and effort through helpdesk, that means screenshots and explanation under the right category.

KdeSUoE.png

The issue with notifying on "offensive players" in general...well, let me put it this way 

So, these two links here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFX8S9aAgvw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvJPnuHzZB8

The first one is a link to Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 In D Minor, Op. 125 German Chorus aka....Ode to Joy.

The second link to to Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture (Full Choral).

These are two excellent versions of two of the greatest works of music in the history of mankind.

And they have downvotes

Seriously....wtf?  Who down votes this stuff?  Music snobs?  Beethoven's ghost?  Who knows why, but these things happen.  

It's hard to gauge, especially in this day and age of snowflakes and "Did you just assume my Warframe?", what triggers some people.  You can't expect them to be above board as it's not in our nature.  There is no doubt in my mind that if this actually worked in game, there would be players that would report people for using certain frames or just getting more kills.  I know this because I'd report every mutherhumpin' Limbo user I came across.  I hate that frame so much I'd even report myself for using it.  

And imagine the timesink and cost in personnel to actually staff for it.  No wonder its turned off/never worked.