Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited

[DE]Connor

Chroma has been my main for a long time(long before PoE) and the changes DE made are actually satisfying to me because it makes Chroma more than a Eidolon one shotter. It annoyed me greatly that all these Chroma "mains" had ridiculously high damage buffs and it made me feel weak as a Chroma main but with these changes I can finally be satisfied with my Chroma again. Thank you so much DE. I can finally reclaim my main as an all around Warrior. 

I like how DE are switching things out to make it actually feels better to play warframe. BUT one thing i would love DE to keep in mind is that the concept for each weapon, warframe, and mod is not that great. i feel like i want to receive unique experience by building warframes in different ways but that does not seem to be the case with the current mods where everything scales using percentage. the concept of each warframe is not strong either. i feel like the major problem with warframes is that their skills 'look' like they tag along with the concept of each warfframe but when u play the warframes, it doesnt feel like it. For one, i imagined volt to be a fast and agile warframe but what i found out after spending sometime with him is the opposite. when i play volt i only felt so slow, the way he cast each skill that always took 2 secs, just make him more like a squishy stun support. basically, people only mod volt for speed n stun.... 1st n 3rd skill feels like crap, 3 n 4 cast time is so long they don't feel like they belong to this warframe. feel like DE could change 3rd skill to faster self-cast(already picked up shield) shield and put an augment mod where volt will just put shields on squadmates. warframe skills are so poorly designed and just the quality of life when playing is like a struggle to make bad things work. the gameplay needs to be more smooth > less cast time on some skills. Thegameplay of each warframe needs to match the concept of each one. 

This is why I love this game! Ever changing, imploring us to think and actually work on our equipment!

I'd like to make a suggestion as well: some changes may (I'm not saying it's a lot but still) affect a frame so much that the previously built and polarized setup is no longer viable, thus needing re-work. Also there are the cases where people make mistakes and they'd need twice as many formas to correct it. So as a solution an item that is expensive to craft but resets the frame to its original polarization layout would be great. 

vor 21 Stunden schrieb (Xbox One)BigLithuanian:

Chroma has been my main for a long time(long before PoE) and the changes DE made are actually satisfying to me because it makes Chroma more than a Eidolon one shotter. It annoyed me greatly that all these Chroma "mains" had ridiculously high damage buffs and it made me feel weak as a Chroma main but with these changes I can finally be satisfied with my Chroma again. Thank you so much DE. I can finally reclaim my main as an all around Warrior. 

agree, im no main but even tho the fix is great and its actually nice to see hes now more value for a team rather than a solo hero.

Edited by Xydeth

I've been thinking about Ember issues for awhile now and I've come up with an interesting solution. 

Keep the rework as is, but as her abilities run she stores up a "fuel meter" based on total fire damage done. Her #4 would work the way it does now, but with more efficiency than with Thai current setup. 

The fuel meter would take all heat damage done by Ember (and her allies if she is using either the Fireball or Accelerant Augments). This meter can be activated by holding down her #4 which would give her abilities more heat damage. If activated when the meter is fully charged it does the same thing, but activates her original (pre-2018 rework) WoF, but stronger and uses the meter's energy.

This can be toggled on or off, but WoF as it was cannot be activated until the meter is fully charged. This meter is based on her duration (how long it will last), efficiency (how much energy it costs to use), and power strength. 

More duration will decrease the cost of having her short-range WoF on as well as the length of time of her other powers. It will als affect how long the "fuel gage" is; longer fuel gauges will take longer to fill. 

More efficiency will lower the cost of her powers (as normal), but the energy spent will directly translate into fuel in the gauge. More efficiency means less fuel transferred to the gauge, but the supercharged WoF will last longer. 

More power strength means more damage and more damage means more fuel into the gauge. The drawback is that the fire will cause more damage, but burn faster as per the rework. 

Please note that the fuel gauge is separate from her energy pool and will only begin to store damage while her current, reduced range WoF is active. Any damage done to enemies, any energy spent by Ember, and any ally firing from within Fireblast or under the Effects of Ember's team-buffing augments will store fuel for her Supercharged WoF! 

I don't know how to get more people to see this as I feel it would really make Ember a team player, it would slowdown her rampage in lower levels, increase her effectiveness in higher levels, and give her more interactivity than pressing #4 to win. 

If any other Tenno likes these changes, pass it on! 

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, (Xbox One)BigLithuanian said:

Just thought I should point out that most of the Chroma mains who are complaining aren't complaining about the damage nerf.  They nerfed his armor into the ground even though it wasn't the problem, and they won't even say why they nerfed it.

All the nerfs to the frames are great and all,having mr 1-5 players get some kills is also great,but at some point the new players will lern and get bored of "Lets kill everything with meles or hit a mob 10 times ,wow so much fun" and want to do things faster and more efficient.I personaly got bored of this type of gameplay simply becouse the game pushed me to a farm fest.Farm farm farm farm for that ,farm to craft that.farm for that....and it keeps on repeating.How do you want us to do the things ,you as a game developer, to get all these things whyle "having fun" ?And lets be real here most of the "i can't kill anything becouse of the ember players" don't even bother to kill anything and from what i have seen they actualy enjoy getting carried the entire mission and do nothing whyle getting rewards and in the end this is the main goal.

3 minutes ago, dragonului99 said:

Hi.
I have a problem, I bought frost prime pack but did not give me the items in the game

You need to quit and log in again to receive everything other than the plat...

Hi,

High level CC Ember  = RIP because of range reduction
POE Ember = RIP because of range reduction and lower armor. Enemies are 90% medium and long range.

So I have a suggestion for DE :
Problem : Ember 4 ability  press and forget
Solution :  Remove increase of damage, range reduction and power cost increase. Set a duration time limit on WoF and a reduction on power cost activation. Problem solved, will still suck with high level content regarding to damage.

Other suggestion:
It’s your game, but it’s our time invested in the game , so maybe when you change warframes and weapons you create a mechanism to refund forma/catalyst.

Thks,

ember is dead. I looked forward to the last unvaulting with great anticipation of finally getting the prime version of my favorite frame, not realizing it was going to be a funeral instead. so.... limbo and loki are turning out to be decent replacements, and really they can do a lot more.

Edited by jiminatorx

On 2/2/2018 at 6:25 PM, ADDgamer45 said:

How about a poll for people with at least a few forma into a frame that asks if they like the changes to a frame or not?

The problem with that is that people, like Ember speed runners or afk Banshee, are definitely going to say they hate any changes that prevent them from doing the offending play style. 

Now, with that said i do think all of these major rework ideas should be put to the Tenno Council for input though, to make sure areas the frame is weak are addressed as well as the changes  actually having the intended affect. 

• Like 1

Well....

Since Ember can charge her first skill, why can't Frost? Or Atlas? Or Ash? Or Mag??? Why not all of the frame that have a one hit to apply skill get the same treatment? Thing about it!!! 

For an example :

Ash...

If you tap his first ability, quickly throw 2 shrunken. But if you press then hold he will throw 5 shruken!!!

Mag...

Tap first skill pull visible enemy in a straight line. If press then hold she will pull enemy for the surrounding area!!!

Frost...

Tap first ability throw snowball (seriously?). Press and hold, throw an ice spear that when it hit an enemy will turn into an ice pillar that emit frozen effect that slow enemy that get near it an eventually frozen!!!

I can go on and on... But you get the picture....

• Like 1

Chroma's armor reduction was really unwarranted. Why is there no response from DE on this ? Not a single mention has been made on forums or on devstream as to why his armor buff was nerfed. People will live with his dmg nerf but nerfing both doesnt really make him stand out from other frames who do the same thing. Also please address the whole kit when balancing them out ? His 1 & 4 are useless right now & he was used mainly for his 2 & 3 one out of which is pretty much nerfed into the ground. They said they have a problem with him one shotting eidolons but guess what people are still doing that right now with other frames. Even if you couldn't one shot it may take 2-3 shots which is a few secs more than what it was before. So what exactly has changed ?  

Please dont make us wait till Chroma Prime comes out until he gets another look. 

• Like 2

On 25/02/2018 at 1:02 AM, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

The problem with that is that people, like Ember speed runners or afk Banshee, are definitely going to say they hate any changes that prevent them from doing the offending play style. 

Now, with that said i do think all of these major rework ideas should be put to the Tenno Council for input though, to make sure areas the frame is weak are addressed as well as the changes  actually having the intended affect. 

Mate, the joke is that the Ember changes didn't even succeed at their intended goal. If you want to pull low level stomp Ember, you just slot in an Overextended, and make sure your power strength doesn't fall too far and bam, annoying kill hog Ember still works just fine.

The rework completely failed to affect the targeted behaviour at low levels, and instead nerfed Ember at high levels.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Mate, the joke is that the Ember changes didn't even succeed at their intended goal. If you want to pull low level stomp Ember, you just slot in an Overextended, and make sure your power strength doesn't fall too far and bam, annoying kill hog Ember still works just fine.

The rework completely failed to affect the targeted behaviour at low levels, and instead nerfed Ember at high levels.

Which is why i suggested consulting the council before reworks to get feedback on how it would likely play out rather than just on paper...

I'm aware it failed, and i (like everyone else) suggested countless alternative WoF reworks to address her faults while attempting to balance her out and still maintaining her uniqueness. 

On 2/4/2018 at 3:22 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

Frost is awesome for defense,  but doct act stupid and pretend people only use him for that.   And are you serious about me not knowing how to play Nekro??  I did say i run around using his 4th what sense would that make to complain about something I do lol??  I said others abuse his 4th.

Ember - 1st of all they ARE nerfing op killers so suck it up buttercup.   2nd of all I agree there should not be op killers to the point where the one with op killer can go afk,  and/or it leaves everyone else with nothing to do but stand around with thier thumbs up thier butt.  Theres 30+ frames and they should all be viable.  Op Killers break the game balance.

Kill thieves - so your reply to me is play an OP frame or go solo private???   One extreme or the other?   Designing the game around letting people use whatever the hell they want is out of the question?  

Your super defensive about this stuff.  Take a step back and see a bigger picture.  They are trying to help ALL players have fun. 

Nekro just isn't a problem, I never see him let alone him be a problem, and I have never seen Frost be an issue either.

You said it was to make ember not kill as much, but in reality they brought her time to kill down so don't see the logic there. They just took away her ability to CC so she doesn't die when not surrounded by other frames letting them take all the heat from enemies in mid to late game.

Frames have a spot, pretty much each other them have their place. But being mad because your not killing as much as DPS frames in a tank or support is just being ridiculous. Play your frame to its strength and don't be mad when other players have a better build.

As for saying I'm being defensive about it and they are helping all players... You say that, but about half or more of the community is upset at at least 1 of the changes made with these changes. And players will just find another build to do the same thing and then its another frame killing everything that new players are upset about.

Usually I'm quiet about changes and take it in stride, but they made sweeping changes to most frames that make the grinds better. Next thing you know they will go for Nekros desicrate becuase it drops more rss and they player is just doing that and not killing. Or Nidus's 2 becuase it pulls all the targets from the other players. Players will always find strong builds and share them and they will get used. And the other players will complain. It is just an endless nerf cycle. Seems like some people would rather the frames have no special skills and everyone has bratons or boltors to do everything with.

• Like 1