Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Workshop: Warframes Revisited Part 2

[DE]Connor

Ok then.

When will be the revisitation of Melee Weapons? The reason why i'm asking this (even if this topic is about revisited Warframes), it's because some Melee are really bad (Especially Pangolin Sword, Dark Dagger, Dark Sword and Plasma Sword, which are supposed to be a blueprint award for an alert, but are Mastery Rank Fodder for some reason, and mostly important, Fang Prime, because SOMEHOW it's worse than the normal one (even with an higher attack speed), when Primes are supposed to be a better version of the normal weapons) or aren't balanced enough (Atterax, for example, has higher crits, and goes well with Maiming Strike, and goes well...But being a MR 2 weapon, it's most likely that every new player will enter on that weapon already). You should also revisit the Channeling Mechanic. It's nice, but doesn't do that much, not even with the proper mods...And some weapons that require Channelling, like Synoid Heliocor and Orvius, are ignored and left to the dust.

4 hours ago, LSG501 said:

No.... please don't touch Inaros, based on what's been done with the current reworks, which were supposed to improve a frame, he'll end up in a worse place than he is now...

maybee an augment for his sandstorm that gives it a darude sandstorm theme when he uses it ? this would increase the power of octavia's 4 ^^ 

On 27/02/2018 at 7:32 PM, CapnToaster said:

I really hope you get around to taking a look at the rest of the warframes. Off the top of my head Inaros, Ivara, Mirage, and Nezha could use some improvements to round out their kits.

Ivara - Needs some buffs to help her in non stealthy situations. Prowl speed boost (or removal of speed penalty), etc.

Inaros - Could use some things to make him a better team player. Scarab armor could affect your team mates? Maybe his Devour can make quicksand traps that pull in and incapacitate enemies to help with area defense.

Mirage - Needs more control over what buffs she gets (light/darkness) and when. I don't really care how you do it but she should be able to choose and 'lock in' either the light or darkness Eclipse buff and have that one last the duration.

Nezha - Needs QoL for his ult animation. In general I think he needs his support abilities buffed to make him a better choice between other support frames. For example, he brings nothing to Eidolon fights. Maybe his Safeguard augment could be integrated into his Warding Halo ability, and also have it heal a % of the target's max hp per second.

1. Ever tried using Navigator with Lanka?

2. Inaros is a great support. His 1 opens enemies to the WHOLE TEAM for Finishers, his 2 actually allows his team members to devour the trapped enemies (most people are too lazy for that) and his 4 if fired is a strong CC and heals his whole team. Just because you don't bother doesn't mean he is not team friendly.

3. Just make the buff function based on if it is light or dark when cast. Done. Flexibility suffers though.

4. Nezha's decast to slam the enemies has to go. I rather he be the offensive alternative to Rhino so his damage and CC potential with skills should go up in my view, but that's not relevant here.

3 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

1. Ever tried using Navigator with Lanka?

2. Inaros is a great support. His 1 opens enemies to the WHOLE TEAM for Finishers, his 2 actually allows his team members to devour the trapped enemies (most people are too lazy for that) and his 4 if fired is a strong CC and heals his whole team. Just because you don't bother doesn't mean he is not team friendly.

3. Just make the buff function based on if it is light or dark when cast. Done. Flexibility suffers though.

4. Nezha's decast to slam the enemies has to go. I rather he be the offensive alternative to Rhino so his damage and CC potential with skills should go up in my view, but that's not relevant here.

For me Mirage's 3 is broken in PoE. It is always "night" unless I'm standing under a light in one of the camps.

Ember rework was...writing any of my true thoughts would get me banned.

It was clear since it was still on paper that the only achievement would have been killing her for those niche people that know----knew how to set her up to survive at higher levels, now she's dead on arrival.

Every Ember player knows that she dies on Mot at the first corrupted crewman if the players doesn't pay tons of attention.

My suggestion is that every Ember player should now maximize range, put speed mods and post here the mission recap screens with 80% or more damage at low levels.

Maybe DE will mess her even more, or maybe just give them some food for thoughts

2 hours ago, (PS4)OmegaSlayer said:

Ember rework was...writing any of my true thoughts would get me banned.

It was clear since it was still on paper that the only achievement would have been killing her for those niche people that know----knew how to set her up to survive at higher levels, now she's dead on arrival.

Every Ember player knows that she dies on Mot at the first corrupted crewman if the players doesn't pay tons of attention.

My suggestion is that every Ember player should now maximize range, put speed mods and post here the mission recap screens with 80% or more damage at low levels.

Maybe DE will mess her even more, or maybe just give them some food for thoughts

My ember is fine max range 285 with cc augment lol. People need to realize that ember world on fire build will never do enough dmg to kill enemies 60+ as fast as lower enemies. Even volt prime doesn't do enough dmg to kill a target in higher lvls. 

Ember does plenty of damage with her weapon buffs, but she's still a squishball, more so after taking away her CC. She can still annihilate low level missions by toggling, so that point is unfixed. She was just made worse at higher levels, everything else is roughly the same. Fireball's change was mediocre as well, spending several seconds and extra energy to get a bigger floorbomb that still doesn't do a whole lot is less than ideal. It might be alright if it lost the charge mechanic and just always left a fire puddle that was the size of half-charged. Overheat should still make a comeback as a replacement for her passive, which is useless unless you use very specific weapons, ones that won't kill you, but will still fire proc you, and then you have one less useful gun.

Is it possible to make Saryn's Molt get re-infected by her Spore's? like let's say you popped all the spores on the molt, if an enemy with spores dies near it, or you pop a spore on the enemy while they are near the molt, it could allow the molt to re-attain the spore (the popped spore or the enemy with the spore dies close to it, will spread the spore back to the molt), so that it can be popped again? Just asking.

8 hours ago, DarthKaijin said:

My ember is fine max range 285 with cc augment lol. People need to realize that ember world on fire build will never do enough dmg to kill enemies 60+ as fast as lower enemies. Even volt prime doesn't do enough dmg to kill a target in higher lvls. 

No frame kills with his 4th at high levels...more or less.

But the difference between Volt and Ember for example is how long enemies are stunned, and the fact that you hit all the enemies in range at the same time.

Firequake knocks enemies down one at a time and at random, which means that if you activate it, high chances are that the most dangerous enemy around will stay on his feet for 3-4 seconds.

18 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

Ember does plenty of damage with her weapon buffs, but she's still a squishball, more so after taking away her CC. She can still annihilate low level missions by toggling, so that point is unfixed. She was just made worse at higher levels, everything else is roughly the same. Fireball's change was mediocre as well, spending several seconds and extra energy to get a bigger floorbomb that still doesn't do a whole lot is less than ideal. It might be alright if it lost the charge mechanic and just always left a fire puddle that was the size of half-charged. Overheat should still make a comeback as a replacement for her passive, which is useless unless you use very specific weapons, ones that won't kill you, but will still fire proc you, and then you have one less useful gun.

Javlok is a prime candidate of weapon choice for self-fire status. 

As a melee main who only ever used guns as status or syndicate buffs to the Warframe and melee, it's not much of a loss.  12 seconds of self-status at low damage, giving 10 energy/second.  Combine it with Zenurik's Energy Overflow for 15 energy/second total.  Over 12 seconds, regenerate 180 energy.  It's quite nice. 

It's like Mag and the Lanka.  Mag justifies using the Lanka, but there's never a good reason that justifies using Mag. 

Post-nerf, where she lost her CC potential, which was the only thing keeping her in the metagame and endgame, Ember still justifies using the Javlok.  Now, if only there were a good reason to justify using Ember. 

DE, just revert the WoF changes.  People will go right onto using Maimquinox in situations where they'd have been using Ember.  Since her ultimate ability was the only metagame use for her, Ember will now see little to no usage in the meta, given that her ult was just trashed.  Especially when there's an alternative that's a direct upgrade, in the form of Equinox.  Am I saying to nerf Equinox into the trash can like Ember?  Hell no.  Because then you'll have 2 dead Warframes, and decreased sales during Equinox's prime release.  Additionally, WoF costs too much energy to constantly be casting/decasting, especially when there's little to no reason to use any other ability because they're useless in the meta, and also have too high of energy costs. 

14 minutes ago, shootaman777 said:

Javlok is a prime candidate of weapon choice for self-fire status. 

As a melee main who only ever used guns as status or syndicate buffs to the Warframe and melee, it's not much of a loss.  12 seconds of self-status at low damage, giving 10 energy/second.  Combine it with Zenurik's Energy Overflow for 15 energy/second total.  Over 12 seconds, regenerate 180 energy.  It's quite nice. 

It's like Mag and the Lanka.  Mag justifies using the Lanka, but there's never a good reason that justifies using Mag. 

Post-nerf, where she lost her CC potential, which was the only thing keeping her in the metagame and endgame, Ember still justifies using the Javlok.  Now, if only there were a good reason to justify using Ember. 

DE, just revert the WoF changes.  People will go right onto using Maimquinox in situations where they'd have been using Ember.  Since her ultimate ability was the only metagame use for her, Ember will now see little to no usage in the meta, given that her ult was just trashed.  Especially when there's an alternative that's a direct upgrade, in the form of Equinox.  Am I saying to nerf Equinox into the trash can like Ember?  Hell no.  Because then you'll have 2 dead Warframes, and decreased sales during Equinox's prime release.  Additionally, WoF costs too much energy to constantly be casting/decasting, especially when there's little to no reason to use any other ability because they're useless in the meta, and also have too high of energy costs. 

Accelerant and Fire Blast are hardly useful when you look at the bonus damage they provide. Flash Accelerant power strength builds are great, but Ember still suffers as a frame who can't go the distance. Fireball is flimsy, WoF doesn't have much use anymore outside of smearing the floor with low level missions, which is hilarious considering that was what they were trying to nerf. Her armor is pitiful and her health/shields aren't impressive either. She needs 300 more base armor, or an ability that reduces incoming damage, but until then she's sitting on the rim of the dumpster, full of potential but not really usable.

2 hours ago, SteamlordD said:

Accelerant and Fire Blast are hardly useful when you look at the bonus damage they provide. Flash Accelerant power strength builds are great, but Ember still suffers as a frame who can't go the distance. Fireball is flimsy, WoF doesn't have much use anymore outside of smearing the floor with low level missions, which is hilarious considering that was what they were trying to nerf. Her armor is pitiful and her health/shields aren't impressive either. She needs 300 more base armor, or an ability that reduces incoming damage, but until then she's sitting on the rim of the dumpster, full of potential but not really usable.

On top of that, you have to build for almost every stat, in a different way for every ability, further limiting Ember's potential.  There's no min-maxing abilities when you need to use multiple ones that require full builds to even be useful together, but then Ember has no tank.  She needs another 4 mod slots and 30 mod drain to have a chance at being useful. 

tl;dr

These are my proposals:

- Make Ember's World Of Fire scale with enemies' health and armor.
- Give Ember more base armor.
- Make Ember's Accelerant stun time scale with Duration
- Make Banshee's Resonating Quake chargable.

---

DE, consider making Ember's World Of Fire scale with the  of enemies' health and shield (similar to Gara's Mass Vitrify). If you do that, it will be weak in maps with weak enemies, and strong in maps with strong enemies. Which means that Ember would not necesarily clear low level maps. Currently Ember has very little survivability in high level missions, so we won't be playing her that much.

I confess I did try solo Ember in Mot a few times, in John F. Kennedy words: 

We do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard

I did this to test how she was doing. And it was bad.

On the other hand, I can still go to Venus or Earth, where all the new players are, and leave them without anything to kill (no, I won't be doing that, however, I can). If you scale Ember's World of Fire with the enemies you can fix that.

Aside from that, DE, you need to understand that Ember's survivability was based around getting enemies into Firequake before they had a chance to shoot you. Currently that is hardly viable in high level maps, not only because the range decreases over time but also because the energy consumption increases.

In my tests in Mot, I found that using World of Fire in general is bad idea. The combo of Accelearant and Fire Blast is much more efficient. That means, you have given us an, ejem..., not very good "ultimate".  However, I need to do use accelerant constantly to survive, and I still did not last very long...

Let us be clear, DE, pressing the same key over and over is not fun, I will come back to this.

I did try armor builds, I did try range builds, I did try efficiency builds, I did try strength builds... I was using Accelerant, Fire Blast, I was using energy restores, Prisma Shade to give some breathing room, with Coolant Leak, Guardian, Shield Charger, Medi-Ray, and Melee with Healing Returns, Condition Overload and Miaming Strike, and of course your regular primed mods, I used my specters too... and I did not last very long.

Thus, I want to ask for an armor buff for Ember. DE, you know that more armor does not mean that Ember will kill everything, I promise. So please, increase Ember's base armor.

Speaking of accelerant, could you, please, scale stun duration with Duration? It does not do that currently. Then I would not have to cast it as often.

Do you remember the old wars, I mean, Nekros? Back when Despoil used to increase our chances of carpal tunnel syndrome? Yeah, not fun. That seems to be what you did with Banshee's Resonating Quake. I told you I would come back to that. Here an idea: charge the Sound Quake (with Resonating Quake) to make it last longer. that is, if I want a Resonating quake that lasts for more time, I can charge it instead of 4, 4, 4, 4, 4, 4...

On 08/02/2018 at 9:31 PM, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Passing judgment without having tried the changes is ignorant. Making conjecture if fine, but true experimentation can only be done with actual usage. If you wanna call something crap after using it then fine but don't call something garbage when you haven't even used it yet.

On 08/02/2018 at 9:39 PM, (PS4)Keiji_Haku said:

Are you assuming its bad? Or hypothesizing its bad? Either way you should just "wait and see." What happens when they see you complain and then you get something worse then this?

What happens when you make the wrong call? Right now is a game of chance, DE already rolled the dice, we'll soon know the outcome.

Hey man! Took your advice, played Ember with the changes.

Turns out, the people who play Ember actually knew what they were talking about. Ember isn't 'ruined' as some dramatic folks say, but she has most definitely received a disproportionate nerf to her higher level viability in exchange for a barely noticeable increase in her ability damage. Also, the actual problem which the nerf was aimed at, Ember's ability to effortlessly roll through low level missions doing all the damage? The nerf actually failed to prevent that. People who were using Ember that way just shrugged, adjusted their builds, and carried on with maybe a five or ten percent drop in overall efficiency.

So, yeah. Bad change. As was called. Now what?

You probably did not expect to get called out on this weeks later, but, well, wait and see and all that. Do you have suggestions now?

PS: Ceterum censeo Octaviam delendam esse.

Zephyr feedback :

The tail wind/tailbomb is a plus because it should've have been one ability to begin with.   

Airburst is a great new move. but its need to be noticeable and lit bit bigger in radius when its the only move being move..  (augment: does proc damage from equipped melee weapon) 

Jet Stream augment: the range  of the augment should be increased.  my teammates have to be like in front of me for this augment to work... 

Tornado: it useful as it always been.. The Augment is pointless... Funnel clouds: still terrible and needs to be reworked  or give players another augment option of the Funnel clouds two : it should be 8 clouds and cause some enemies to be picked up but the rest to be stunned for finisher damage and weapons disarmed.   The augment in itself still needs reworked. 

Other than that DE good job on Zephyr rework. I highly appreciate it.. 

~NightShade Z.O.E.~

Clan leader

Warlord out 

On 07/02/2018 at 3:30 PM, [DE]Connor said:

(NOTE: This post is a follow-up on a prior Dev Workshop. If you missed out last time, be sure to read up on all the changes here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/915093-dev-workshop-warframes-revisited/ )

Hail Tenno!

Thanks to everybody who read our previous thread, tuned in for the stream, and left their comments on our proposed Warframe ability changes. After having the weekend to observe player responses and read feedback, we’ve been trying out a few further changes, and wanted to update you guys on our progress!

First of all, the Warframe changes are also coming with a HUGE rebalancing of guns (as can be seen here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/916505-dev-workshop-weapons-mastery-ranks-and-stats/ ). We expect an exciting release week as players try out the changes, rework their builds, and rediscover old favorites. To help this along, we’ve got some special rewards lined up:

• Login within 7 days of the update for an inbox message containing 3 x Forma and a 3 Day Affinity booster!
  • Console player will receive the same inbox message, by logging in when they get the build with aforementioned changes.
  • AFTER Friday's Devstream, ALL platforms will get BONUS Gift from the Lotus alerts this weekend with Orokin Reactors!

So without further ado, let's get to it! How have we iterated since last Dev Workshop? Find out in alphabetical order (again)!:

ASH:

• Reduced energy cost of Bladestorm ticks.

ATLAS:

• Petrify is now a single cast instead of a channel ability, instantly Petrifying enemies in front of you regardless of level!
  • Rubble now has a singular decay, instead of each piece of rubble having its own set duration. Picking up more rubble delays the decay for a brief time.
  • We may rebalance Ore Gaze for this rework, as players now have significantly more ways to Petrify enemies!

BANSHEE:

• Although still a singular cast allowing free movement, Resonating Quake will only hit enemies once as it expands outward, dealing a mass of damage at once.

CHROMA:

• Can cast other abilities while using Spectral Scream.
  • Spectral Scream damage now affected by Vex Armor damage buff.
  • Vex Armor aura range increased (currently 18 meters base range).
  • Vex Armor can now be recast to preserve accumulated buffs.

EMBER:

• Fireball can now be held and charged for additional damage. Upon impact, Fireball will leave behind a Napalm-like flame that damages enemies.
  • Fire Blast will now add heat damage to weapons that fire through it.

GARA:

• Health gained by Mass Vitrify shown in a UI display.

MAG:

• Increased base energy pool (125 for Mag, 175 for Mag Prime).
  • Crush animations slightly sped up
  • Augment for Polarize reworked - now reads: "Weapons hit by Polarize are jammed for 4 seconds. Robotic enemies hit by Polarize are disabled for 4 seconds."

VOLT:

• No changes at this time.

ZEPHYR:

• Tail Wind now costs half as much energy when cast in the air.
  • Tail Wind does more damage.
  • Changed Dive Bomb augment into a Tail Wind augment - now reads: “Each enemy hit increases Tail Wind damage by 25%. Damage resets upon landing.”
  • Dive Bomb can now fire on slight angles, as long as you’re looking mostly down.
  • (Clarification: holding aim (default RMB) has a greater effect on steering Tornadoes.)

As a bonus, two more general changes you'll be happy to hear:

• Focus Passives now apply immediately upon loading into a mission, rather than requiring the brief Operator transition.
  • When interacting with nullifiers, power-created avatars (Atlas’ Rumblers, Nekros’ Shadows, etc) will have their health drained, instead of instantly disappearing.

Expect these changes to land on PC soon! Thanks everyone!

Well congratulations on killing off Ember. 

How about refunding the hours, days weeks farming it and the associated forma's etc?  

Ember is not a tank and no longer is able to be effective or last very long against higher ranked enemy.  

If you are not careful you are going to do what Bungie did with Destiny and finish the game

• 2 weeks later...

I had some good Ember suggestions on the previous Warframes Revisited thread, check them out! 

-Ember: All of her first 3 powers are in a really great place right now. Her Fireball is greatly improved with the new charge mechanic. Accelerant still works well, especially with the augment! Fire Blast is great with the new added bonus of Heat damage applying to weapons fired within the circle of flames! 

World on Fire is... okay? The range and the "burning hotter" double energy consumption rate work, but ugh... Survivability is down because this power was designed to be activated and left on, not turned on and literally burned away! 

I like that she must now stay active and move around as the range decreases, but it destroys her ability to CC effectively. In addition, Ember now burns through lower levels even faster than before! After reading what the devs wanted to do with her, she doesn't fit in her role of allowing other Tenno to get kills in lower levels and burning up enemies up to 30. 

She is too squishy without her pre-2018 range on WoF. She could be used previously in high level (60+) content because of her WoF augment providing CC. Now she is very quickly downed by anything slightly out of range. 

Something else has to be done about WoF! Maybe nerf WoF damage, but revert to her old range? In addition maybe have a feature on WoF that when held down, makes Ember stationary, increases damage over time, and quickly burns through her energy? 

The way this would work is that you would still have WoF going and working as in pre-2018 and Fire-status-ing targets, but with reduced damage, giving teammates the chance to get kills as well. When WoF is held down damage, range, and energy consumption drastically increase. The downside is that she is now stationary, and her energy is very quickly burned through. 

This would give players the ability to effectively CC with Ember again and provide players the extra oomph during battle at a cost. 

Comments, ideas, or interpretive dances welcome! 

Zephyr is so close to being perfect!
Zephyr Primes design is art in motion I really love the way she came out. 

That said, Zephyr still has 1 major flaw in my eye and everyone got a lot to say about it. I've already said my piece about it in here before but i'll expand on it a little more here.

That issue is Tailwind. Or rather, how it is currently. in short I like this ability, a lot of people do. I like how it was merged with divebomb. that much is fine I don't want it undone. BUT what I do believe Tailwind need is a way to cancel the animation and pause / stop the momentum at will. Personally I love how Zephyr flight model works in idea. using the wind to burst forward with great velocity is both cool and fun. I would just like for the duration to be more controllable like canceling the animation early along with the momentum so you don't get stuck in walls. On top of that. I think dive bomb should trigger on contact with a surface below Zephyr and not at a angel. If we can get that worked out in my eyes she would be perfect.

Currently, there are a few people that want tail wind to be made into what some call a "true flight" ability i.e. something like Titania's razor wing or like that hover Titania has with her passive animations. I however really, REALLY don't want that. I don't want anything like that at all personally. I don't think something like that would work in the small corridors of warframe and I don't want to be stuck with something like this attached to the warframe I know and love. sorry dudes.

I've grown to love the way Airburst is used only more and more as I use it and I look forward to any augment you could give it. I don't think you need to touch this ability anymore. If you do, just give it more flight speed. I'd also make the flight speed effected by Jet Stream.

I love Turbluence, don't touch it. I know I said some stuff before. but like. Just don't touch. 

Tornado as they are now currently works very well especially with Airburst. (for the love of god please don't make it a single tornado.)

• 4 weeks later...

Well, now that I feel I've tested the new Atlas buffs out for a decent amount of time, I think I can safely say Landslide and Petrify (aside from it randomly not petrifying enemies right in front of you, behind objects or in its general AoE) are just fine.

However, Bulwark and Rumblers are still pretty lackluster.

Bulwark is still completely useless outside of small gimmicks (like blocking off the Index guys score area). Petrifying it actually makes the Bulwark worse, as it's increased speed makes it phase through enemies faster, failing to pick them up after a few meters. On top of that, even with a max Strength build against basic enemies like Butchers at level 40, enemies will still not die, even after Petrifying Bulwark. Petrify also doesn't heal Bulwark, or at least increase it's defenses. This feels a little odd considering that every other defense ability has some form of scalability. If healing Bulwark is out of the question, can we at least have its damage scale in some way? Maybe let it suck up enemies near it, and deal increased damage the more enemies that are inside? 

As for Rumblers, their only real issue now is their atrocious, non-scaling damage. Personally, I'd prefer them to level up with enemies, starting at level 30, and scaling to the general enemy level upon cast, kind of like Nekros' Shadows of the Dead. If that would be too much work, why not let them scale off of Atlas' Melee Mods? With these buffs, can we see some tweaks to the Rumblers attacks? The poor guys have a really hard time hitting airborne targets, and sometimes ground targets. Maybe a small AoE on each attack would help then actually hit enemies a bit more  On a side note, can we have a buff to the Rumblers Augment as well? It's stats are fine, but it really needs to activate that aggro trigger much more often. As it currently stands, two Rumblers are better in the damage department and distraction department as the Titanic Rumbler doesn't use its aggro attack often enough. 

Finally, can we see another buff to Rubble, allowing it to scale infinitely? This would help Atlas, Bulwark and Rumblers immensely. Now Bulwark could become a valid defense ability, but only if you could keep up the Petrify kills. Atlas would be tanky enough to finally not require Quick Thinking, yet again, he'd need to keep up the Petrify kills to stay at that level. Plus, Rumblers would also get even tougher thanks to Atlas' scaling Armor, it wouldn't be needed, but hey, it would be nice to help them out against abnormally strong units like Scorches.

How many times does it need to be stated that Ember is currently broken? DE, please take a look at her over-thought rework! It does exactly the opposite of what you wanted it to do! 

Her #1, including the charge mechanic isn't as useful as could be. The melee and charge feature on the Madurai Focus School is far more useful and works almost exactly the same as her Fireball, but it ragdolls enemies which is far more important than killing them out-right! 

Her #2's stun duration (echoing what many other Tenno have already stated) needs to be based on her actual duration mods equipped. It's a joke right now! Even if it doesn't increase the time enemies are stunned for much more it should still be an option open to players who would like to actually stun those enemies with Accelerant! 

Her #3 is just fine, especially with the knockdown and the added bonus of applying heat damage to weapons! Don't touch it, please! 

Her... #4... is utterly nonsense... It is has been over worked into the ground. It does what it does, but the decrease in range as well as the high energy cost and increasing energy drain relegate this ability and Ember to the Difital Extremes' bargain bin of Warframes! 

Not to be a resounding drum, but (again echoing what others have said previously) the rework does exactly the opposite of what the goals stated and niche Ember was supposed to occupy! 

As for not stealing every kill in low level content? She steals them all! As for making her more effective in higher level content by giving her more damage? She now has less ability to kill the enemy than before! 

I love DE and I love this game called Warframe! Stupid mistakes are okay, but mistakes that negatively impact the core goals of gameplay that is fun are not! As an ultimate veteran who has been with Digital Extremes since Dark Sector, the launch of Warframe on PC, the launch of Warframe on consoles, Mastery Rank 25, yadda, yadda, yadda... I can say that the World on Fire nerf, has been stupid to say the least! Maybe I should make my own thread about it? Between mindless nerfs and farming for Wisps I'm a little frustrated!

DE, please stop trying to cater to the masses and look at your own stated goals! You did not meet them in this recent Ember re-nerf, I mean rework! I say this from love of the game and while it is out of frustration, it's the frustration at seeing things that we're working okay turning into things that don't work in reality!  

(WoF, anyone? Limbo being unable to affect targets outside the rift while he's in the rift? Chroma's #1 being made trash after already being, well, trash? Hmm... I digress, moving on!) 

Solution: 

Revert changes on WoF to pre-rework. Scale the damage to enemy health. Allow Accelerant to multiply the damage done by applying Accelerant multiple times like a critical multiplier, but for all heat damage. Done. End of story. 

An intensive fix to powers and scalability would be to readdress  the mod system and damage entirely, but that's asking way too much! Not because DE isn't capable, but because sometimes simple fixes make all of the difference! 

On a positive note; loved the recent devstream! Can't wait to rove across Venus! 

PS:Is the change to Banshee's #4 supposed to anger every other player in the squad and turn the once noble Banshee players into spam divas? Needs more interactivity and thought as opposed to the same idea of, "press 4 to win." Now it's, "press 4, more, to win!"

• 4 months later...

So, it's been awhile, but here are a few changes that need to happen to a few Warframes before Fortuna drops. 

1. Ember: PLEASE look at the range reduction on her WoF and consider giving her an energy cost reduction as well. Give her World on Fire flat damage and percentage based damage so she can stay relevant in higher levels and not literally burn through lower level content. Right now she's a closet Frame because WoF is what keeps her alive and it simply doesn't work. 

2. Limbo: it isn't that difficult to enter and exit the rift, but not being able to banish enemies who are on another plane than you severely handicaps him and forces him to overly rely on Cataclysm. It's frustrating when his entire kit is made irrelevant because of one power. He also should be able to use Banish on targets inside Cataclysm to remove them from the rift as well. After the rework he was much better at CC-ing and killing enemies, but pre-rework he was much more fun to play, which is a shame. 

3. Banshee: PLEASE change her Soundquake into a power that increases interactivity as opposed to encouraging player stupidity. It has now become a spam power which is worse than before! Make her stationary again, but let her pulse every few seconds to stagger enemies. Give her directional control over the damage that increases the damage the longer the you aim in one direction. Enemies hit by the pulse are also staggered and you can increase the frequency of the "stagger-pulses" by sweeping the aim around. Give her bonus damage against enemies who have been affected by Sonar. 

4. Chroma: could you look at tweaking the duration of his Vex Armor? It's recastable, but this leads to some odd modding situations where the result is spending too much time maintaining the power instead of taking advantage of it! His Spectral Scream is still worthless and would greatly benefit by implementing a much higher base damage value that only scales by a fraction of Vex Armor to keep the damage from reaching rediculous values? It would be a shame to have his Prime release and him still suffering from these two issues. 

5. Oberon: any chance of giving his Hallowed Ground more duration? All of the mods kind of work against him in that if you want to mod for specific powers his other powers go unused. This is seen most dramatically in Hallowed Ground which really take advantage of duration. It seems like a power that is meant to be fired and left alone, but it doesn't last long enough to really take advantage of unless you build for just Hallowed Ground which makes the rest of his kit suffer even more! Having a minimum duration of 25 seconds that won't drop below that would solve a lot of issues as their isn't enough space for mods to make all his powers synergize well instead of working against each other. 

Thanks, DE! 

Archived