Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does anyone actuality enjoy beam weapons right now?

Ketec

The ramp up time + reset puts them int o a  trash tier category compared to  most other weapons where you can get full damage every shot on every enemy  regardless if you miss or not.
You run across hallways/plains, shoot a target, move on - that's the style of gameplay warframe has - not stop, aim, shoot, wait, move on.

Nice try exaggerating in order to make a point. Of course I enjoy them now. Especially the Phage and Embolist, which have so much damage potential if you bring mobs close together it's not even funny. If you classify weapons only into tiers of "top of the meta" and "everything else is useless", that's nobody's problem but your own. The ramp up creates a window for other non beam weapon types to shine if your tap damage isn't enough and you're too impatient/your gun too inefficient to keep firing.

giphy.gif

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom

i was pretty happy with the results before the Damage ramping was changed to be per Enemy and ending up all over the place. i haven't re-tested everything after that, but it sounds like using them might be a lot of hassle and force you to turn Enemies off so that you have the time to Kill Enemies one by one like that (or make fishballing with Punch-Through mandatory?).

the ramp up being per time you fire the beam is what makes sense, tbh. Enemies aren't significant enough for it to make sense to 'wind up' on every single one.

27 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the ramp up being per time you fire the beam is what makes sense, tbh. Enemies aren't significant enough for it to make sense to 'wind up' on every single one.

If you ask me, the ramp up should be beneficial. Slow wind up, but provides bonus damage instead. Would do nothing against hordes of trash, but heavily armored eximi and bosses would see higher damage numbers.

Edited by Pizzarugi

For my Convectrix and Nukor... the damage is all over the place. It seems to ramp up or not on a whim. Killing something in a second, or struggling with the same type of mob for three or four seconds. Which makes their new power feel like an RNG mechanic rather than an actual buff.

1 hour ago, Ketec said:

The ramp up time + reset puts them int o a  trash tier category compared to  most other weapons where you can get full damage every shot on every enemy  regardless if you miss or not.
You run across hallways/plains, shoot a target, move on - that's the style of gameplay warframe has - not stop, aim, shoot, wait, move on.

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

If you ask me, the ramp up should be beneficial. Slow wind up, but provides bonus damage instead. Would do nothing against hordes of trash, but heavily armored eximi and bosses would see higher damage numbers.

That's the sort of niche mechanic it'd be cool to see on some themed weapons...say...spectra/flux rifle.

Not generally for beam weapons. "Heat" isn't really fun in a fast-paced game like WF.

I liked them more after the initial beam update. The ramp up time is okay, but I don't enjoy the fact that it has to be done for each individual enemy. It's hard for me to keep the beam centered on an enemy in tense situations without accidentally losing contact for a brief moment... makes them feel clunky and bleh to me. 

I enjoy them in the sense that I get to see more numbers now, but the added pressure of the enemy-specific damage rampening takes away a lot of the fun I got after the initial changes. :c

tHe rAmP uP tImE aNd rEsEt pUtS tHeM tO tRaSh TiEr cAtEgOrY

admittedly it's a dumb change, considering if you continuously fire a beam that's already fully charged it shouldn't reset every enemy, and they invalidated the  new convectrix alt fire's existence on the same patch

but come on, I seriously thought I was reading reddit when I saw this

Edited by TotallyLagging

I have yet to put the new tweaks through their paces, but, I've always been a die-hard cultist for the Cycron since the day It appeared, purely because my biggest issue has always been ammunition. With the recent retrofit of the Flux rifle to be fitted with a Cycronic battery, I may now have a compliment for my story based "what am I getting into" Arsenal alongside papa Cyc and my hunting bird the Kestral.

Aside for some great affection for the Ignis and a modest amount for the Phage purely for their elemental charms, don't have much else to say.

Edited by Unus

i honestly love the beam weapon changes. I really only enjoy using the amprex and quanta vandal. they seem to be in a very strong spot. My current amprex with 6 forma in it crushes level 145 corrupted heavy gunners like they didn't even exist. killing 6 of them with about 40 ammo. I can honestly say, it feels like the most powerful primary in the game right now. It is still a weapon i'd say you need to run carrier with, but for shorter missions, probably not needed. But on higher end sorties, probably something that's a quality of life thing rather than a necessity. I ran out of ammo a few times using it in the sortie. But the weapon's damage is so ridiculous. Strings of 20k yellow crits - 49k red crits flood my screen while i hold down left mouse button sweeping the screen...

The Quanta vandal is also in a very comfy spot. I have to put some forma in it though.

I tested out the Synapse a bit, but i don't understand why its damage doesn't even hold a candle to the amprex. The amprex damage is ludicrously high.

14 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

I can't say much about single-target beam weapons (synoid gammacor is the only one I have), but I'm happy to see amprex be made strong enough to take to grineer sorties and crush them without struggling for ammo.

I hope amprex is better for I havent tried it yet outside of the lotus gift. I just saw when I checked it the rifle went from 200% crit chance down to 125% so no more red crits =(