Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This year so far...

[DE]Rebecca

The updates have been great! :satisfied: We all can quibble on a few specific choices here and there, but the overall drive to improve the existing content has been a success. I know my dusty old Grinlok thanks you, heh.

What I'm most looking forward to is more activities. I loved what I saw when you guys streamed The Game Mode Formerly Known As Dark Sector - more content in the flavor of "high challenge, high body count" is exactly what I'm hungry for :D

Take your time guys! I would much rather have the kinks ironed out, rather than just getting new content. A lot of this game needs some wrinkles ironed out, and after 5 years of playing warframe, I'm glad its finally happening ^_^

The shrine in the plains are still bugged, eidolon hunting still has its issues, and there are a few other things like the misranked arcanes still left in limbo :( 

Not to say that the work DE does isnt appreciated, but it does feel like some of the reported issues are just being ignored. 

With endless kuva being discussed, I have to ask. Is there any way riven cycling can be changed to not be pure dice rolls? Some RNG is fine, but without stat locking you have a much greater chance of wasting your time than getting something you want. I wouldn't mind if the kuva needed for this were a high amount - nothing wrong with a farm being very long, as long as it's something a player can make progress towards.

Wholeheartedly approve of the revisits. The vast majority are straight improvements and I consider it to have been completely worth the time and effort.

1 hour ago, Aeiroth said:

No new stuff is completely fine because we got a bunch of old stuff updated instead to make it feel fresh and new. I truly do not mind having more of this.

^So much this^

Making Warframe a more cohesive experience is a much grander goal than releasing new gear. It shows you care - and that is something both you, the community, and I share. We love this game, and cannot wait to see the future.

@DE_Rebecca: apreciating very much that this year finally you guys decided to pull the brakes and start revising what's already under the hood of the game, it was definitely the right time, bravo!

Altough I don't agree to some of the nerfs, Ember's world of Fire rework doesn't solve her obliterating and making unfun all lower level maps, nor solves her now esasperated lack of survivability in higher content, nor Banshee's augment rework, that made Soundquake spam even more abusable, the old iteration made you vulnerable, let allyes kill or finish the enemies and was by far more balanced between cheese and utility..

Titania's augment should have been part of her kit, as most of the "never without" augments that were released, as it's a bandaid on an issue of her power.

Please for love of the Lotus don't mess up when doing the IPS and elemental damage rework!

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

Wear your sunscreen on the Plains, Tenno!

:)

Oh hey, Rebecca. That's ok.

At least with your updates, you gave more hope for weapons, like Synapse, Paris, Sobek and Detron, to become more than just Mastery Rank fodders. Yes, not every update was accepted very well, like Pandero's nerf, Ignis no longer hitting enemies behind walls without mods like Shred or Metal Auger, the removal of Trials and vaulted relics that are obtained only as a bounty...But that's ok, maybe there was more of a reason about those changes.

But i wish some weapons wouldn't be useless, like Fang Prime, or even obtained early despite being more than a MR Fodder, like Atterax. You should revisit some of the melee weapons, as well as revisit Defection, Rush and Pursuit missions, which has interesting or mediocre concept, but are frustrating to accomplish and pretty unbalanced. You should also implement new Corrupted enemies, since fighting the usual Corrupted Nullifier/Bombard/Heavy Gunner/Vor has started to become repetitive.

But yeah, take your time, no need to rush things...Because if done so, Tenno Reinforcement would come barely prepared.

Hope you had a nice vacation rebbeca ( and hopefully the rest off the crew aswell is or haveing / gonna have a a nice vacation)!

Tbh we got some 'new' Prime weapons kogake ect ect.. Tbh i dont mind the  'meta' shake up regards the new weapon updates.

@[DE]Rebecca
Side note
 a QoL type off thing(s)

Would be nice to see a option regards return to former / previous color before you changed anything to the frame / weapon ect ect.
OR same with the mods for weapons and warframes. Cause Min maxing or changeing a build and going back / revert to the former  spec or color pallete can be a pain.
That would be  a nice welcomeing option  / QoL  thing. Had many times pressing escape and you made a booboo color / build wise  and regret it instantly.

55 minutes ago, Pent_ said:

so this post is just to tell us no one knows anything still? I could have told you that.

Pretty much what i got aswell. Same soon™ stuff as usual. No news on anything coming :P so feels like a pointless post other than that they elaborated they are working on stuff like focus changes.

hace 1 hora, [DE]Rebecca dijo:

Maybe you've noticed, maybe you haven't, but this year so far has been a bit different. While Fashion Frame has seen no shortage of content, something is different. We haven't released a single new weapon or Warframe yet this year (Khora soon TM?).
This Dev Workshop (which is more of a diary entry) is just to briefly provide some context to what we've released. You may find yourself asking 'when are we getting new Tenno Reinforcements?', and you might want a more detailed answer than 'soon'.

So far this year, we have revised and iterated on more content than ever before. We've made cuts, changes usability of content, revisions of systems, and adjusted a significant amount of Weapons and Warframes. We've done this because in many ways you've wanted us to. Reviewing all the Update notes since our first 2018 deployment on PC on January 4th, it's a bit mental how much we've changed.

And we plan to continue changing. Kuva in the Kuva Fortress (with a pending Dev Workshop)? Login 2.0? Focus Changes? We're working on continuing our way down the list.

So how long will it take? When we will we add new gear? When will the seemingly endless list of Devstream reveals release?
Well, we don't know. We have gotten out of the habit of sharing dates, but this post serves a different purpose. I've just returned from a vacation and I myself am wondering the progress on all the many things we've talked about, and it's simple to see one thing: we're making great progress this year.

Get ready to enjoy some 5 year anniversary celebrations this month, and we'll see you next Devstream (possibly earlier in this sub-forum with a Kuva Dev Workshop!)!

So , you create a thread to say that basically you have nothing to say ...  very usefull way to spend time . There is no time to make frames / weapons / content , but to release fast cashgrabing Fashion stuff there is a lot of time .

I think it's fine to take a break from new content. There was a while that new weapons were being released a breakneck speed, so having time between releases gives a filthy casual like me time to catch up on the items I've missed.

Weapon updates and changes added a big breath of fresh air for a lot of us, and the QoL improvements that have come out this year have been great too.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Well I still waiting for chroma’s un-nerf to vex armors scorn armor buff. 

DE you need to fix this problem better this time.

My first ever question this forum  which subsequently appeared on a Devstream was:

"What are the pros and cons of doing an update that only focuses on bugfixes, reworks, and streamlining the UI/UX?"

I don't have nowhere near the clout as someone like Skill Up that I think prompted this content revision move but even back then I saw that Warframe as sitting on a mountain of systems with incredible potential that had little to no connective tissue or pathways to them.  Sheldon said the major con was that there is no new content.  However, what I think he missed (bless his bald head!) is that like a song can be remixed to deliver new content the same can be done in games.  Ex: Archwing is a severely malnourished portion of Warframe that sees little play.  However, integrating Archwing fully into the game to the extent of having 'Zone of the Enders w/parkour' makes that old content new content.  Archwing remix = new content.

Fast forward nearly two years and what I suggested back then if finally coming to pass in part.  I'm not a seasoned game designer.  I don't have a YouTube following.  I don't even have a job after completing my degree in interactive digital media.  But what I do have is an incredible love for this game.  And I want to see it flourish, prosper, and become the best version of Warframe it can ever be.

I think this approach is a positive direction for the game. I forget who, but I recall a youtuber saying something along the lines of: Warframe is like a huge cake where, just before the bakers get done icing it, they decide to add new layers instead. So the cake keeps getting bigger, but if they want their cake to be appetizing, especially to people who are new to their bakery, they need to stop adding more layers and instead go back and finish icing it.

Archived