Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DEX SYBARIS

HarshMeera

So I just got Dex Sybaris from aniversary gift and sold other 2 weapons as I not like them and got 2 more wepaon slots :P

My uestion anyway is does Dex Sybaris really worth it? I am currently MR13 need jsut on more rank for Sybaris Prime.

Dex Sybaris with a nice build is good but it takes around 4-5 forma and I am currently running low on Forma as if said more accurately I am running low on Orokin Cells.

Should I go for 5 forma build of Dex Sybaris or just get MR14 and get Sybaris Prime as I am MR13 right now half way thorugh the xp too.

Or keep both and farm forma for both builds?

Thanks for replies :)

Edited by HarshMeera

They’re both really nice weapons, sunk 9 Forma on my Dex before sticking to my prime. However, the prime is inarguably better then the Dex due to status being king. Put a viral build on with hunter munitions and you’re set.

They’re a bit different, dex is for crits and the prime is for status, and iirc the prime has better supplemental stats 

Also they have a unique look as well...personally I’d keep both and just use what I feel like using (looks wise) 

5 минут назад, ConzyFTW сказал:

They’re both really nice weapons, sunk 9 Forma on my Dex before sticking to my prime. However, the prime is inarguably better then the Dex due to status being king. Put a viral build on with hunter munitions and you’re set.

you dont need status to proc viral. you just need to proc it once, additional procs do nothing.

Edited by Sqecmi

13 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

In my opinion Dex Sybaris is even better then Prime.

8 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

Dex Sybaris is a crit route for the Sybaris series. Sybaris Prime is a crit/status hybrid route with a bigger clip and faster rate of fire. Really it depends on what you want.

Summary: Keep both.

numerically speaking, even with a crit build, prime is superior. and this is without counting in the status. 

is it a huge difference tho? not really. but the superiority is there.

The Sybaris Prime is obviously the greatest weapon in all of Warframe. Once you have it, there's no reason to ever use anything else (yeah, yeah, there's weapon with better stats, but who cares about that? it's all about how fun it is to use and the feel of a weapon).

The Dex Sybaris is pretty good too, though.

Hunter Munitions.

Because of the better crit and better IPS distribution, I think the Dex Sybaris is better than the Sybaris Prime when it comes to Hunter Munitions.

Try to get a +crit chance riven, and you'll melt anything in the game with savages red crit bleed.

Edited by Galehann
sorry bad english

both are great rifles. you'll need the Mastery from both anyway, so at least level the Dex to 30 before making any decisions you might regret later. personally I'm more partial to the Dex because I love crits and it's a slightly better looking rifle Imo, but the Prime is still VERY strong. try to keep both if possible.

1 hour ago, Lyravain said:

The Prime might be better for most (I like the Dex) but the Dex has one thing the Prime lacks; a unique muzzle flash. And we all know looking good is more important than having min-maxed damages.

image.jpg

Those priorities make my sides hurt.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

2 hours ago, Lyravain said:

The Prime might be better for most (I like the Dex) but the Dex has one thing the Prime lacks; a unique muzzle flash. And we all know looking good is more important than having min-maxed damages.

Hehe it sounds better too.:satisfied:

5 hours ago, Sqecmi said:

you dont need status to proc viral. you just need to proc it once, additional procs do nothing.

Thats why viral its the most used status on crit based weapons, only one proc to get 100% return from the status itself, its nice to came across another tenno that likes to study while also shot stuff haha

4 hours ago, Galehann said:

Hunter Munitions.

Because of the better crit and better IPS distribution, I think the Dex Sybaris is better than the Sybaris Prime when it comes to Hunter Munitions.

Try to get a +crit chance riven, and you'll melt anything in the game with savages red crit bleed.

Err, nope, the IPS distribution does nothing for Hunter Munitions since Slash procs scale from total IPS damage only increased by a Viral proc or base damage mods (like serration of heavy cal), IPS distribution its important for status based weapons because that determinates how much a specific IPS status can proc, but since DEX its a crit based weapon its really not that important (unless you want a weapon without any form of impact that its absolutly logic).
On a side note, I have tested, with the same build always Prime cames ahead because how much raw added damage it have and how much higher the status chance its for the sacrifice of a very minor critical chance increase (considering that the jump its from 30 to 35, the change isn that important as from 5 to 10), even a hunter munitions based build deals more damage with prime because the high base damage to scale the slash procs :P