The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we really ready for a limbo prime?

I'm not sure how Limbo is regarded on PC and PS4 but on the XB1 he was widely "misused" for awhile there are still players who use him that way today albeit not as common,    Which lead me to this thought as a community can we really say we are responsible enough to have limbo prime without using him to grief other players or using him to negatively impact other players on purpose? I don't want to deny limbo is a good frame, he's good and if used responsibly he is a benefit but in the wrong hands well i'm sure we've all been in that trainwreck. i'm not starting a lynch thread I just want to discuss whether or not we should be trusted as a community with a primed variant of him.

Edited by (XB1)PerverseWolf
spelling

More attention being put starkly on how poorly his mechanics currently mesh with squad-based play is unfortunately the best thing we could ask for.  It'll likely expedite any changes that could occur and hopefully fix his tragic mess of a kit.

Wont change much. Some people will stillr refuse to understand his Kit and will just hate Limbo Players even if they are doing a good job.

I still dont get why its okay to have no clue how Limbo works, but everyone is expected to know every other Frame ^^

10 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

More attention being put starkly on how poorly his mechanics currently mesh with squad-based play is unfortunately the best thing we could ask for.  It'll likely expedite any changes that could occur and hopefully fix his tragic mess of a kit.

16 minutes ago, Midrib said:

If anything, it will put the spotlight on Limbo and will push DE to look into him. so yeah im all for Limbo prime.

Honestly it would seem to be the best solution and either way it would probably take them awhile to rework his kit. 

@Kyroresh I understand where you are coming from but this is the world in a nutshell some people refuse to understand the things they hate.

@OTFSERENiTY whether they jump to chroma or not it doesn't matter, limbo will need a prime just to be fair to it's uers

Edited by (XB1)PerverseWolf
Responses to kyroresh and OTF Serenity

9 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

That is exactly my point.. Eidolon Hunting -_-

I feel Limbo may get tweaked again before primed. 

But even there he sometimes gets replaced by Rhino. THe Thing is, both Frames arent that popular.

6 minutes ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

I am so ready for Limbo Prime! HYPE!

so he's perfectly fine in your eyes? interesting and good to know there are players who like him as he is

4 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

That is exactly my point.. Eidolon Hunting -_-

I feel Limbo may get tweaked again before primed. 

If he does get tweaked then hopefully it is a change for the better and start changing his bad reputation that accumulated from his miss use

3 minutes ago, BemoGuinness said:

Personally don't care. I'l still leave matches when I see limbo anything on the squad list. 

this is the problem, right here the very moment limbo is in a public squad most vacate the mission. i'll admit I don't use limbo but it appears most people would rather avoid every limbo they see than take a chance.

NO. Honestly I don't hate Limbo (love the way he looks), I hate the players who use him. You know this quite well Wolf. lol

I'd like to see some improvements but i'm not the best to give fixes but it would be good to have him cast his abilities and not have everyone stand there or just use melee,

Edited by (XB1)TwitchingFool0

1 hour ago, Kyoresh said:

I still dont get why its okay to have no clue how Limbo works, but everyone is expected to know every other Frame ^^

If you don't know how to use other frames, you die or do nothing in the mission. If you don't know how to use Limbo, you annoy/piss off your squad instead, there's a big difference. Also if you're a troller, other warframes don't let you annoy your squad, but Limbo does. I mean, look at Ember, she was toned down simply because she took the fun out of other players (I agree). Limbo CAN (keyword) troll, take the fun out of other players by constantly forcing them to certain playstyles on public and ignoring when the rest of the players in the squad ask them to stop or not letting them interact with loot/objetives.

Limbo is in a weird spot right now. He's no doubt the most despised frame. If they revisit him and let allies use guns inside Cataclysm and Stasis, that would be completely op. Literally invincible while doing whatever you want (Valkyr is at least restricted to melee only). If they rework the ability completely, that'd be unfair for the real Limbo enthusiasts.

Limbo is a vile catastrophe that needs some serious serious revision. He is the biggest, most horrific inconveniencing, most dubiously and classically fun ruining thing in the entire game. He absolutely ruins defense for me. When I see a limbo, I just sit at the defense objective every time (best feature), because I know that cataclysm is goin' up. Nothing matters with limbo, exept for the time he usually wastes casting things into the void where I cant just kill them. Annoying annoying annoying. 

I don't hate limbo, I think he's really cool... But he does need to be tweaked so that he doesn't ruin the game for other player.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The amount of derision this frame generates even though EVERYONE knows how his kit operates by now is staggering.  I personally find Volt and Nekros far more intrusive.  Is it really that difficult to melee or roll?

Not at all, but if my other combat options are instantly rendered not viable as a result of another players' direct interference, that's not and should not be tolerable.

I really don't think there will be a huge Limbo upset. People will farm/buy Limbo Prime, most of them will level him up in Hydron and go back to not using Limbo. I mean there will be a brief increase in Limbos but it is hardly going to be the Limbopocalyps people seem to be dreading.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again: The amount of derision this frame generates even though EVERYONE knows how his kit operates by now is staggering.  I personally find Volt and Nekros far more intrusive.  Is it really that difficult to melee or roll?

The thing is I shouldn't have to melee because one player on my team dictates that I can't use guns. Nor should I have to go on a short hike just to get to a spot where I can actually use my guns..... in a game where 2/3 of your loadout is guns. 

Course I could just hedge my bets and carry a Supra everywhere for the first month of launch so I can rest assured that I can nearly instantly pop any offending Limbo bubble. The question there becomes, as a Limbo how does it feel having players actively shut down timestop? 

3 часа назад, Kyoresh сказал:

Wont change much. Some people will stillr refuse to understand his Kit and will just hate Limbo Players even if they are doing a good job.

He's never doing "a good job" unless you're in a premade group that specifically asked for him or stumbled upon a group that is fine with afk-ing near mobile defense terminal that's why.

The only possible time when he does it is when he puts a sortie operative in a rift and nothing else, a god that other warframes can accomplish (while still doing something else useful like Gara, Limbo will just put it in the rift and himself as well and do nothing else 99 times out of 100). But most players are cowards and pretty bad with that so they will not refrain from just mashing 2 and 4 to be perfectly safe while they're "fragging out".

Цитата

I honestly have never seen a single Chroma outside of Eidolon Hunting in about 1000 Hours

Chroma is a solo frame, genius. Same as others like Nidus for example, it's very unlikely you will ever encounter them in low lelve fast paced pugs you mostly play. People bring it to solo survivals and solo sortie boss fights/events, not the usual trash 1-50 lv missions or even 20-40 mins pug survivals.

Edited by -Temp0-