The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are we really ready for a limbo prime?

Out of curiosity, has anyone come up with a solid, doable concept to replace or change the current version WITHOUT completely removing or undermining his theme? I've had mission with a Limbo on the team and it's been "different". Takes a bit of getting used to, the only thing I really don't like is the whole "bullet time" thing with guns in the rift. Where the bullets just hang there in the air towards the frozen enemies. Mostly because it's something that'd need to be coordinated for effective use. 

Il y a 4 heures, Kiwinille a dit :

Also if you're a troller, other warframes don't let you annoy your squad, but Limbo does

Vauban can bounce you around everywhere. Loki can switch teleport you all day. Frost can block your aim forever. Mag can suck all of your dps and make it hers. Nova can either slow down everything making the mission incredibly slow or accelerate everything making the mission incredibly hard. Octavia can rape your ears. Trinity can change an enemy into a meat tank. Valkyr can get you over here whenever she wants. Volt can make all your parkour maneuvers a nigthmare of bumping into walls. Banshee can lock entire waves into the spawn.

I guess Limbo is the only frame able to annoy his teammates.  /s

Edited by Marekthejester

44 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Vauban can bounce you around everywhere. Loki can switch teleport you all day. Frost can block your aim forever. Mag can suck all of your dps and make it hers. Nova can either slow down everything making the mission incredibly slow or accelerate everything making the mission incredibly hard. Octavia can rape your ears. Trinity can change an enemy into a meat tank. Valkyr can get you over here whenever she wants. Volt can make all your parkour maneuvers a nigthmare of bumping into walls. Banshee can lock entire waves into the spawn.

I guess Limbo is the only frame able to annoy his teammates.  /s

Yet none of them stop you from completing missions or force you to use specific weapons, or have the ability to. They have to be VERY specific trollers chasing people around. Vauban trap range is a joke. Loki can't teleport you nonstop, after a couple of switches, he'll just teleport to the target without swtiching the other back. I agree with Frost to some extent, however Frost players are not incentived to trolls other by nature, you barely meet Frosts as it is, let alone bubble spammers. If you mean Mag's 2, you can also shoot at the bubble you know, your damage is not stolen and enemies are pulled into it, it's not like you're unable to shoot at them. Nova doesn't completely stop enemies behind obstacles, you're free to move around and still kill stuff, even better if they use speedva instead, most people actually prefer speedva. You can mute Octavia's mandachord on your settings. Trinity can only target one enemy with her 1. What do you mean with Valkyr? Parkour isn't affected by speed, sprint is. Banshee (or any aoe frame) doesn't make enemies immune and force you to use only a type of weapon.

I mean, nice try, but mention those frames again when you see people complain constantly about them on how they annoy other people in public, besides Ember and Banshee which already got taken care of.

Edited by Kiwinille

What i meant is, Limbo isn't the only frame able to troll people. And most of the time, people are overreacting to it. You can only use melee weapon ? Big deal. If i have to switch to melee i switch to melee, cause i always carry a good one with me. The only place it kinda annoy me is on Hydron, since it's the only place i might go without a melee weapon.

In the end, it's a neverending problem. To prevent Limbo from hindering his team in any way, it should be possible to do everything while inside the rift, damage ennemies, hack console, plug datamass. But then he would be absolutely OP since he could remove hard control entire waves without any risk.  

54 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

Limbo prime is definitely gonna be one of the best looking prime frames to date, and for those who know how to use him, he's pretty damn powerful. it'll divide players a little, but it'll be worth it in the long run. maybe his powers will be improved even further.

I really just want Stasis to not affect allied bullets.

That way, Limbo and enemies are still affected, but now you won't tick off allies by forcing them to run Melee, and they won't tick you off because they ran with a Supra.

Hopefully Rift Torrent will also affect allies as well. Even if it was only half of the buff Limbo received, it'd be a pretty helpful buff.

Edited by (XB1)Graysmog

8 hours ago, Bobtm said:

More attention being put starkly on how poorly his mechanics currently mesh with squad-based play is unfortunately the best thing we could ask for.  It'll likely expedite any changes that could occur and hopefully fix his tragic mess of a kit.

It’s simple, really:

”Dear DE, don’t EVER allow one player’s frame to stop other players from doing damage.”

You also see it with Frost’s Snow Globe.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

2 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

It’s simple, really:

”Dear DE, don’t EVER allow one player’s frame to stop other players from doing damage.”

You also see it with Frost’s Snow Globe.

Yeah, but Snowglobe isn't really an issue unless you like using Launchers.

Yet that's an issue with Self-Damage as a whole.

54 minutes ago, (XB1)Graysmog said:

Yeah, but Snowglobe isn't really an issue unless you like using Launchers.

Yet that's an issue with Self-Damage as a whole.

Snow globe makes me want to vomit, which is a shame, because chroma has some badass skins. 

But I suppose that globe could be op if everyone could shoot through it.

Edited by (XB1)Architect Prime

8 hours ago, Oreades said:

I really don't think there will be a huge Limbo upset. People will farm/buy Limbo Prime, most of them will level him up in Hydron and go back to not using Limbo. I mean there will be a brief increase in Limbos but it is hardly going to be the Limbopocalyps people seem to be dreading.

The thing is I shouldn't have to melee because one player on my team dictates that I can't use guns. Nor should I have to go on a short hike just to get to a spot where I can actually use my guns..... in a game where 2/3 of your loadout is guns. 

Course I could just hedge my bets and carry a Supra everywhere for the first month of launch so I can rest assured that I can nearly instantly pop any offending Limbo bubble. The question there becomes, as a Limbo how does it feel having players actively shut down timestop? 

Wait Supra pops Limbo bubbles?  I've not played with the Supra in a while and this is the first I'm hearing of this.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Wait Supra pops Limbo bubbles?  I've not played with the Supra in a while and this is the first I'm hearing of this.

Anything with a high rate of fire can pop the timestop bubbles. Essentially you just dump bullets into it until it reaches it's object cap and it auto pops. I want to say it's something like 200 (it might be less?) suspended objects before the bubble nopes out. 

The supra is just a good candidate because it's a bullet hose. 

Edited by Oreades

3 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Anything with a high rate of fire can pop the timestop bubbles. Essentially you just dump bullets into it until it reaches it's object cap and it auto pops. I want to say it's something like 200 suspended objects before the bubble nopes out. 

How does that work with beam weapons? Could I just spam my Cycron and it will pop the bubble?

7 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Dunno but if it's suspended in the bubble I would assume it counts towards the cap. 

Time to bring out my most hated frame and test it.

Edit: 3 reloads of the Cycron which is nothing breaks the Statis. I'll keep this in mind for when Limbo Prime comes.

Edited by (PS4)Jaztok

13 hours ago, Midrib said:

If anything, it will put the spotlight on Limbo and will push DE to look into him. so yeah im all for Limbo prime.

I dunno. Methinks most people aren't convinced that DE "fixed" Zephyr for her priming...

13 hours ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Chroma is being primed first, mark my words. All these limbo threads are gonna make DE change the order due to popular demand for Chroma. 

If popular demand is the kicker I think Mesa will win by a landslide... though that's more of a queue jump.

Personally I'll take Nidus Prime. Or Excalibur Umbra.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

I dunno. Methinks most people aren't convinced that DE "fixed" Zephyr for her priming...

If popular demand is the kicker I think Mesa will win by a landslide... though that's more of a queue jump.

Personally I'll take Nidus Prime. Or Excalibur Umbra.

Well, a lot of people are speculating Mesa will be our Christmas prime access due to her popularity.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Anything with a high rate of fire can pop the timestop bubbles. Essentially you just dump bullets into it until it reaches it's object cap and it auto pops. I want to say it's something like 200 (it might be less?) suspended objects before the bubble nopes out. 

Oh ok thanks.

Stasis as a power needs some rectifying because it introduces several problems:

1. It renders beam weapons utterly useless. In my playthroughs, beams suspended by Stasis don't appear to do damage to rift-bound enemies even after unfreezing. It's literally a waste of ammo. Correct me if I'm wrong though if there's a trick to make beams do damage. Beam weapons are also notoriously fast at ending Stasis early while achieving nothing productive, save for Rift-related artwork.
  2. Likewise, thrown melee are trapped in mid-air if thrown during Stasis, which disables quick melee on that player who has no way to retrieve his weapon without breaking Stasis or asking Limbo to turn Stasis off.
  3. Stasis' limit as a drawback and game performance stability measure is often misused, due to spite from players who have to deal with their gunshots being delayed not by choice. This only serves to create animosity and frustration between both Limbo and his teammates. Sentinel weapons also contribute to breaking Stasis that are out of players' control.
  4. Multiple Limbo users in a squad using Stasis is very clunky. One Limbo wants to keep enemies frozen, which in turn freezes the other Limbo's gunshots when that player wants to shoot in the Rift, vice-versa.

And then of course non-Limbo users who just want their gunshots to go when they want where they want. Hopefully it's not too much to ask for a less restrictive design to Stasis with teamplay in mind. Freezing gunshots is useful and novel, for Limbo, since he gets to control when they stop or go, his teammates don't get that kind of luxury and that sets alarms off.

We are ready for Limbo prime but the devs not really. He got his treatements but still a lot of peoples consider him troll frame so lot of peoples wants another look at him despite he already got changes. I personally find him useful and not bothers me if he is in my team.