Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Venus have Eidolons or something similar to Eidolons?

(PSN)OvalNova

Eidolon was the big sentient that crashed on Earth after the war, we're hunting its parts, they're not a type of enemies. I don't think Venus has sentient lore after the war but probably big corpus bosses? like those spiders they showed on devstreams.

I remembered they showed a preview of a flying Eidolon but I doubt that was for Venus or if it is even still in the works.

Having Eidolons on Venus as well as the Plains on Earth would seem repetitive.

Edited by ShinTechG

I would be perfectly fine if Venus had its own Eidolon style...but it can't be like Earth's. For example, no "Night and Day" do-dad, but maybe a "Activate these machines before the next Frosting cycle, and [Thing] happens/spawns".

(And instead of Earth's giant Kaiju, maybe Venus could be giant mech. Like that Spider thing from the one Devstream. X'D)

4 hours ago, (PS4)MoRockaPDX said:

What I remember, from the devstreams, is there would be storms/blizzards, instead of day/night cycle. I think, and I’m less clear here, the giant spider mech is in the storm and will drop whatever special loot is involved. 

A monstrous, mobile, Spidermech-Terraformer-gone-bad that generates it’s own snowstorm as it moves would be awesome indeed.

as corpus are based in robotics, i have no doubt that in some way there will be something like an eidolon there which has assimilated with their machinery.  i would like to imagine a sentient-hyena hybrid, which may move just as crazy quick!  then a form  bursa hybrid too  :x

6 hours ago, Kiwinille said:

Eidolon was the big sentient that crashed on Earth after the war, we're hunting its parts, they're not a type of enemies. I don't think Venus has sentient lore after the war but probably big corpus bosses? like those spiders they showed on devstreams.

The word "eidolon" actually means something like "ghost".  Given that the Sentient antagonist in the Glass Warrior story was never actually named, I'd guess the intent there is that an "Eidolon" is a zombie-Sentient that tries and largely fails to repair itself - much like a ghost story.  

Thought the deeper meaning of the word is more complicated.  Something along the lines of a projection of a person (living or dead) that comes from their fame.  In which case it could be a name for a Sentient, if an odd one.  

In any case, they showed both the Skydolon and the big spider bot doing a "gather stuff up off the ground" animation.  I get the impression that those two will be in the same enviornment, either in different day cycles or related to taking eachother out.  

there are different spider robots in the works we will encounter on the venus version of the plains

eidolons are plains only (bc it crashed there) but there are no news about other sentients wandering the venus landscape

Edited by Nesodos

5 minutes ago, Thirdofherne said:

As long as it doesn't  involve playing as a disabled child with a catapult for hours, I don't care WHAT they are.

You will probably be sorely disappointed then.

As it seems the endgame direction is driven/dependant on the synergy between Warframe & Operator.

To be fair...most games use/build upon mechanics once introduced.

Honestly they just need an Operator 2.0.

If they finally add Operator Melee, rework their movement to be fluid like the Warframes, give them shields. Folks would not nearly be as upset with them as they currently are.

I'd just like to remind that a few devstreams ago they demonstrated drivable vehicles. Like an actual machine that goes wroom(it didn't go wroom at the time) and has wheels. They said that Venus has a shtick with resource convoys we'd need to capture and transport. So I wouldn't be surprised if the "raid" thing for Venus would be us having to find and ambush these high value transports and then having to drive these things to a secure location, all the while being under fire. 

Though a more likely outcome would be this being a sort of bounty. 

Edited by Lakais