Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please remove this horrible tribal drum "music" each time we move locations. It's just terrible.

ActionPoohole

Agreed, it seems really disjointed and out of place when you select a mission and suddenly "thud thud thud" then it blends with the opening mission music and makes a mess then abruptly ends again.

It's messed up. I'm running around with Silent Octavia because I'm not going to change my audio settings every single time I go from place to place.

I'd rather run around in silence than hear this absolute awful ear trashing. I could expect to perhaps see this at the start of a specific mission of a certain type (A rare and unfrequented quest portion or something), but not every time you go ANYWHERE. I've become accustomed to a simple ship going woosh and I can voice chat to people while that happens, but friends with speakers? Double Drums? Upon arrival getting rekt by a clashing cymbal? It's not necessary at all and it adds nothing of any value. It's simply just annoying and not well thought through... "Polish" effort like this could go to better places than ear bashing us and forcing us to turn off game music entirely.

I don't think they tested this and no one asked for (and I doubt ever would want) a tribal drum solo every time they travel somewhere. Ugh, this is so messed up.

Please, I do NOT want to hear this and it is causing a substantial hindrance to my enjoyment.

MUSIC MUTED. Please Fix so I can enjoy Octavia again 🙂

9 minutes ago, ActionPoohole said:

MUSIC MUTED. Please Fix so I can enjoy Octavia again 🙂

I usually keep my music volume at 50% and the drumageddon is tolerable while still being able to hear Octavias.

Yes. 

Not only is it distracting, it does not mesh with the rest of the soundscape for the starmap and start-of-mission cutscene, how it abruptly cuts out without any kind of fade or finishing tune is grating. And most importantly, it's simply too loud.

Please, give us an option to turn it off, or to adjust it's volume separately from the rest of the music.

8 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

I usually keep my music volume at 50% and the drumageddon is tolerable while still being able to hear Octavias.

I like to hear my Octavia music nice and clearly and the volume of the drums isn't the whole issue, it's because it's so frequent and irritating. I'm used to it being more quiet so we can focus on what we're doing rather than getting rekt by drums. I can't focus well after that noise, it just does my head in.

Edited by ActionPoohole

i think that the idea of having some music during loading screen is fine, we player don't really have anything to do during it anyway. It's a good addition, and i don't think that DE would ever add an on/off toggle to something like this, it's too small of a customization to consider.

It's just that the music need more diversity than just drum, like ... having multiple tone to indicate different location we heading to (different tone would play for earth and the void for example) , and DE should not leave this one-track-only state go for long

FWIW, the idea of having music during the loading screen isn't bad, it's that the music itself is so percussion-heavy (emphasis on the 'heavy' part) compared to the sounds in the orbiter and the level you end up in. I think it beats out March of the Moa, and that's only if you happen to have it playing in your orbiter. Something ominous or semi-ambient like this would fit 1,000% better.

I think what's causing the annoyance to some is that instead of it outright replacing the background music for loading screens and mission startup on star chart is that it plays on top of the existing, older background music.

In my opinion, the percussion-music does not seem blend well with the current background music. It's like having 2 neighbors - 1 is playing some form of slow, ambient music in full blast while the other is doing some massive home renovations at the same time.

I don't dislike it, I'm fairly used to the same music playing on repetitive tasks - some old farts like me who had played Wolfenstein 3D can still hum the "game menu" song without even trying - but yes, having it toggleable or at least with some diversity would be nice. Loading heavy games like Fallout4 and Skyrim has soothing calm music because drums like that make people go crazy.

I think the main problem here is that it starts and ends so abruptly, no buildup whatsoever. Couple this with the fact that the music itself is rather dynamic, and you have an immersion breaker. I like the music itself, I think it fits Tenno style, but it's currently out of place. There's no action in the loading screen, and the music just doesn't fit that situation. I hope it gets changed. I also hope they leave this music in game, just re-purpose it for something more fitting.

I also hate this addition.

I'm not necessarily against the music, but I especially hate that it's mixed so much louder than everything else in the game scoring so it blares in your ears.

Seriously either lower the levels or take it away, speaking as a professional musician.

Warframe used to have good drum beats in the background, and more subtle ambient music in missions.  For some reason, these were replaced with mostly uninspired-sounding music that gets old fast.  IDK why the musical direction changed, but it changed for the worse alongside most of the aesthetic choices in the game over time.  

When I looking for a lobby I listen the two compositions: chorus (ambient) and new added drums. Can you remove the chorus? Together they sounds not good

Spoiler

Edited by _GoodLuck_
Added chorus music video