Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Stasis no longer will stop ally attacks.....What's the catch?

Buzkyl

And there is going to be a catch. DE wouldn't just untether one of the strongest CC skills in the game without some kind of hidden catch.

• Is it only allies but Limbo's is still frozen? I do miss my ZA WARUDO Limbo
  • Is stasis now AoE?
  • Does the energy cost scale the more enemies that are trapped?
  • Longer casting times?

No, I'm not asking for a deliberate nerf, but DE wouldn't just make Stasis lose it's one downside without replacing it. This thread is pure speculation.

Who knows there could be no catch and Limbo becomes one of the strongest CC frame in the game.

For now the idea is that the duration is halved from 30s to 15s.

Some Limbo enthusiasts I saw in the comments want their weapons still affected by stasis for the cool moments and as compensation, bump the duration up to 20s.

10 minutes ago, ShiraHagane said:

half duration

Half duration is hardly a downside when it's only 50 energy with a quick cast.

Edit: 15 Seconds is plenty of enough time to annihilate everything in the Rift that can't fight back

Edited by Buzkyl

2 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Half duration is hardly a downside when it's only 50 energy with a quick cast.

Edit: 15 Seconds is plenty of enough time to annihilate everything in the Rift that can't fight back

Or to press the button again.

I mainly used Limbo for Riven aimglide challenges, so this is an undesirable change for me.

18 minutes ago, yles9056 said:

Here's the catch: You can no longer use Stasis to force your teammates to use melee weapons. Wait...

Don't tell the trollbos  that... we need to sell this as a good thing to them and harvest their delicious tears as they realize they can't troll us anymore.

And on the dev workshop people are going around talking like this is some insane nerf that's going to make limbo unplayable.

Seriously.

Stasis in it's current form could only be disrupted either by breaking it with a sheer number of bullets, or by nullifiers. Barring nullifiers, the new stasis can only be broken by a massive horde of enemies being trapped inside. It's going to be probably the most insane CC/utility skill in the game.

All that for double the times i have to press one button? Sign me the hell up.

1 hour ago, (PS4)mahoshonenfox said:

Half duration? On most Limbo builds that's still 35 seconds. Lol. I approve. Plus no one can over load it anymore and you can now take advantage of Rift Torrent's weapon damage boost using guns.

this is what will happen. Banish > Stasis > Rift Surge > dash > kill = enemies no one can shoot until limbo throws down cata or banishes team. no thanks DE needs to rework the rift mechanic.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

12 minutes ago, EinheriarJudith said:

this is what will happen. Banish > Stasis > Rift Surge > dash > kill = enemies no one can shoot until limbo throws down cata or banishes team. no thanks DE needs to rework the rift mechanic.

They should make it so that his Catabomb is restored so Sanctuary Onslaught has more warframe viabilities other than Saryn and Equinox. You know they'll do it. The mission type that requires that power exists now.

Intriguing, the duration nerf is not bad considering Limbo can easily recast. I hope that ally projectiles in flight are no longer counted toward the 300 limit, so it is impossible to deactivate Stasis prematurely without Limbo's consent.

I do like being able to setup a barrage of gunfire though, and would like to see that as a feature for the casting Limbo himself that acts as both benefit and drawback.

So just for Limbo himself:

Regular shooting = frozen gunfire

While aimed down sight = resume personal gunfire movement

That way multiple Limbo's playing together would not interfere with each other's gunfire. Each Limbo if they want to setup barrages just need to turn on their own Stasis and shoot, then either turn off Stasis or zoom in to unleash hell in the Rift.

9 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

Intriguing, the duration nerf is not bad considering Limbo can easily recast. I hope that ally projectiles in flight are no longer counted toward the 300 limit, so it is impossible to deactivate Stasis prematurely without Limbo's consent.

I do like being able to setup a barrage of gunfire though, and would like to see that as a feature for the casting Limbo himself that acts as both benefit and drawback.

So just for Limbo himself:

Regular shooting = frozen gunfire

While aimed down sight = resume personal gunfire movement

That way multiple Limbo's playing together would not interfere with each other's gunfire. Each Limbo if they want to setup barrages just need to turn on their own Stasis and shoot, then either turn off Stasis or zoom in to unleash hell in the Rift.

That's actually a wondeful idea. However i'd like to reverse the order, regular gun fire is uninhibited however aimdown sights fire his halted, allowing Limbo freedom is setting up his shots.

21 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

That's actually a wondeful idea. However i'd like to reverse the order, regular gun fire is uninhibited however aimdown sights fire his halted, allowing Limbo freedom is setting up his shots.

That works too. As long as projectile freeze/unfreeze can still be a toy for us mathemagicians.

10 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

As far as I am aware they just scraped the whole bullet freeze entirely. They specifically said only enemies would freeze and Limbo's gear and allies would continue to function. Perhaps it'll come back in some compacity as the Stasis augment.

13 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

ill be waiting for people to realize that stasis isnt the core problem when people will still be forced into the rift being able to do nothing till they roll. all stasis did was exacerbate the issue.

That's what I've been saying.  I've played Limbo more than enough to remember how much other players hated before he had Stasis. It's like people just forgot that they hated the rift when Stasis was created. Maybe....maybe that was DE's plan all along. Lol

DE: You hate the Rift? No, we can't fix it. but I'll tell you what we can do...we can make you hate something even more!

Players teaming with Limbo: Nooooo!

DE: Ok, I guess we'll be nice and fix what you hate about Stasis....but we'll shorten the duration! *dun dun dunnnnn*

Players: Nooooo! Why???? Just leave his duration and he's perfect as is!

DE doing the Ki'teer emote: Excellent...

Edited by (PS4)Riko_113

Here's the problem with the duration change: It pretty much doesn't hurt him at all once he's geared. Seriously, you can get way more energy than stasis costs by letting something shoot you just once if you've got hunter adrenaline. So their idea of reducing the duration on stasis to "prevent it from being overpowered" is a joke. That functionally does NOTHING to stop it on well-equipped players other than give them a button that they might have to press twice as often.

What this really harms are the players just starting the game who see Limbo, think he's cool, and so do the Limbo Theorem quest and unlock him as soon as they can. Which is actually just at the Europa junction on Jupiter, and BEFORE they can get access to some rather basic mods, like streamline and flow(t3 missions), and also likely before they can do an alert to get energy siphon. The energy cost for stasis is 50 at base, and the new duration will be 15 seconds. Even if you just sit in the rift for that time, you won't be able to keep stasis up, and as stasis is 100% pointless without either banish or cataclysm.... yeah, this is going to just be a painful nerf to new players who would already have issues being able to access stasis regularly.