Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An mini axe skin for a heavy blade...

.Yes

DE, thank you so much for the amazing skin, really love how it looks. Additionally, thank you for the weapon skin, looks amazing and I have very little to complain about since I love everything steampunk. One thing I am quite confused about would actually be the weapon skin. It's clearly an axe, its called an axe skin, but it's not on the axe. It's a heavy blade skin of all things.

here's some photos for you guys to make your own comparison, personally the size of it makes it feel weird, and the look overall is clearly an axe or hammer.

Spoiler

Jm3F4bx.jpg

sp2rIRO.jpg

Spoiler

Warframe0017.jpg

Warframe0018.jpg

Warframe0020.jpg

Warframe0019.jpg

What do you guys think? Should it be a heavy blade skin? Should it be hammer or axe skin?

Thanks to Alchameth for the pictures since I can't be in game at the moment ❤️

1 minute ago, hellodownthere said:

it extends so maybe its "folded" atm

the images provided show both the extended and the non extended form of the new axe. Sadly still feels small on weapons like Galatine.

2 minutes ago, --Q--Phanini said:

the images provided show both the extended and the non extended form of the new axe. Sadly still feels small on weapons like Galatine.

oh forgot about the other spoiler part cause there were 2 pictures in the first one XD

I guess i need to agree the handle needs to be bigger cause since the model is smaller it's hitting less than if the skin wasn't on. I'm sure DE will address the issue

Edited by hellodownthere

Hey all,  after rushing on to buy the deluxe skin collection and being hyped over how it looked like we'd finally get a decent sized axe skin to go with some of the big heavy blades it seems we're still left wanting more.  

The axe looks to be the size or smaller than the scindo,  which comparably to other heavy blades really is on the small side.  The skin has some cool looking animations and details but it really is being lost with how small it actually is when using it.  

Any chance we could get it scaled up slightly bigger (or a lot bigger depending on the mood of whoever does the scaling)  please de?  

Ps it seems like some of the coloring doesnt quite match the warframe skin which is a shame.

It is too small to be a heavy sword. Maybe a little longer the handle. Or it just does not fit like a heavy sword, more like a hammer maybe.  

And if it remains as a heavy sword it has to be a bit longer it's too short

p/d: ooh.. scindo prime. xD I forgot that weapon is a heavy sword. Well, but still small for me, the scindo prime is a bit wider in the head.

Edited by Blackghostkav

to be fair, the Fragor Prime that came with Vauban is just as short, maybe shorter. you could almost do a Thor Cosplay with it.

it could be a scaling bug, like the one that occurred with Chroma's Deluxe Skin for Heavy Blades, only its the opposite happened here. can't see this one being left though, it doesn't have the same appeal as the "Monster Hunter Zenistar" does.