Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Which Warframe was the worst when it was FIRST released?

Would said Mesa or Khora.

Mesa ultimate was super strong, super energy efficient and fired in a 360° angle, making it the best ability to use for long run without actually requiring skill or playing.
It also brought a lot of changes to the game regarding channeled abilities additionnaly to nerf Mag's Greedy Pull augment that no longer work for allies.

About Khora, it's just one of the less instersting warframe to play and drop with bad RNG in one of the least intersting game mode that encourage playing AoE weapons and room cleaning powers without actually requiring any coordination or team play.

they should have either made a sentient/eidolon frame, or an actual vampire/lifesteal frame. the melding of the two ideas is clearly a disappointment. As for the topic, Zephyr was, and still is horrible imo.

Edited by Me.Church

16 minutes ago, Me.Church said:

they should have either made a sentient/eidolon frame, or an actual vampire/lifesteal frame. the melding of the two ideas is clearly a disappointment. As for the topic, Zephyr was, and still is horrible imo.

Zephyr is only second to Rhino for invulnerability, in that she can't block melee attacks. Extreme mobility, surprisingly decent CC that casts so easily, and area damage that scales well even at low Strength, she's pretty damn far from 'terrible' at this point in time.

I have Revenant building and he's going to be Finished Tomorrow so i would see if he changes my mind but So far, i haven't played a single frame before they got completely reworked at the start or changed. If i would give a guess, It would be Khora. When i played her, i though "Why i ever play this frame?" because i have to mark a Ally or myself to make Venari heal, Mark a enemy to attack.

The problem about marking Enemies to make Venari kill them is it worked in a Single Target way which is not good in a Team because some Teams would use AOE to kill enemies. The Healing part, I could use Oberon or Trinity for the healing and they work in a AOE instead of Single Target. The Disarm part, i didn't care about. Her 4th CC the Enemies but the Control part is not really there because the Enemy would be dangling around or get trapped on a wall which is annoying when i see a Khora in my Squad and i'm Meleeing.

It damages the Enemies though so that's a thing. Her 2nd CC the Enemies too but in a slower, limited way her 4 CC the Enemies. I know her 2 Synergize with her 1 but still, Why i would her 2 instead of her 4? Her 1 is like Gara's 1 so I can say it's a decent Ability. She's in a better place than when i tested her but i won't play her for a while though.

Edited by VPrime96

Zephyr right now may be kinda S#&$e but back in the day she was awesome. With parkour 2.0 and Titania being just more interesting overall, she just doesnt feel like a frame worth having.

Nezha had an annoying drop condition (Sortie reward, yo dawg I hear you like RNG).

Revenant is just underwhelming design wise. Rehased abilities and lack of focus. Like, what is this? A drain tank? a room clearer? some utility thing? I dunno! Its supposed to have Eidolon moves in a Warframe scale but its just not right. His ult is fun I guess but nothing special imo. Also his quest is more of a teaser for a new eidolon than for the frame in question.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)ChiefDevilEggs said:

So I am seeing pretty negative reviews for Revenant so far, so that has me thinking... which Warframe has had the worst release so far, and for what reason? Was it too over/underpowered? Was it’s abilities simply not up to par? Chime in! ^_^

Revenant..... sorry ... but it is. 😞

14 minutes ago, VPrime96 said:

If i would give a guess, It would be Khora. When i played her, i though "Why i ever play this frame?" because i have to mark a Ally or myself to make Venari heal, Mark a enemy to attack.

then you are playing khora wrong.

khora is my go to frame for CC on survivals and defense for her strangle dome. at 275% range 🙂

strangledome grabs them then you ensnare the ones dangling and it rips the enemies from across the map and dangles them for you 🙂

the ensnare and whipclaw combo is devestating and it can even ensnare boss types.

venari is the only thing about khora thats pretty useless 🙂

Ash,  on release,  was an extremely underwhelming choice.  Initially he was my favorite frame,  and the second frame I obtained, after Volt. His stealth was short lived,  his 1 was basic and underpowered, and his 4th ability was, while powerful, absolutely horrible to use.  You were stuck within the animation for it's entire duration,  and it essentially functioned as Ember's WoF,  but animation locked.  This was before the time of syndicates and Augment mods, as well.  His only real redeeming skill was Teleport, which,  at the time,  was worlds better than Loki's was.  Now he's  been reworked and is a top tier frame,  with awesome augments and useful skill kits all around.  

Edited by Noibat

Khora, by far. Even boring frames were functional on their launch, either because of a decent CC option or some other quirk that made things more convenient. Yes, even Limbo, who could stay in the Rift and just Banish/headshot combo every enemy in the game to death, or Nezha, who could at least use Rhino's iron skin

But Khora was completely non-functional. Her CC didn't work and Venari was somehow even worse than it is now

1 hour ago, (PS4)ChiefDevilEggs said:

which Warframe has had the worst release so far, and for what reason?

That's... a difficult question. For two reasons. The first is because Warframe has changed so very, very much in its 5ish years of existence that you'd need to compare Warframes at their release with the state of the game itself at the time of their release. The second is because the community is composed of so many individuals who want/expect so many different things that a frame is always going to amaze some and disappoint (or even enrage) others. In terms of being well-received, there's virtually always going to be some contigent of the community who takes issue with the frame, and it's not always going to the same people. An example embodying both of these reasons is Zephyr. She was released before the existence of Parkour 2.0 and dominated the vertical aspect of Warframe. However, she was received with mixed opinions because the vertical aspect of Warframe wasn't something that strictly needed utilizing, leaving some players asking the point ofna Warframe that did so.

So as I see it, there are two ways to guage who was worst on release: who received the most negative reviews out of the gate, and who recieved the most changes shortly after release.

In terms of negative community response, I would wager that the frame who has received the most backlash on release was Harrow. There were a lot of players conplaining about how we wasn't a support like Trinity was and that he should have different design principles. However, he also received a lot of commendation. Perhaps it's Khora then, but then a lot of people poo-pooed her because they wanted another exhalted weapon and didn't get one. In terms of finding an objective "worst on release" then, I wouldn't look to community response too closely, since the community is too varied in its reception of things and mostly driven by subjective opinion. Some players will be negative because the frame was showcased a tiny bit on devstreams, they built up their own ides about and then got salty when the frame wasn't exactly what they were thinking. Others players take issue when the frame isn't the new best damage-dealer. It's pretty messy in community feedback.

Going by the second way, I'd say the frame changed most on release (in recent years anyway) has been Khora, who underwent several fixes shortly after realease. This isn't to say she was bad, but that she just wasn't fitting with the game or what the devs wanted her to be. If you wanna call that "worst on release", that'd be cool.

Edited by SenorClipClop

12 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Wukong.

Nothing's changed...

Not really, Wukong was one of the strongest frames with the glaive combo until they fixed range affecting it. I could clean stuff better than other actual room cleaning frames, but since it wasn't a thing that people could pick up by reading abilities like other frames, not many people knew about him and called him useless for a long time.

35 minutes ago, SilverRook said:

i actually like wukong

leave my unkillable crit machine alone 😛 lol

22 minutes ago, Kiwinille said:

Not really, Wukong was one of the strongest frames with the glaive combo until they fixed range affecting it. I could clean stuff better than other actual room cleaning frames, but since it wasn't a thing that people could pick up by reading abilities like other frames, not many people knew about him and called him useless for a long time.

I should have clarified my reasoning as "Worst design".

2 useless abilities, 1 sub-par weapon and a defensive ability that's barely needed.

7 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Look at all these wrong opinions. 

Titania was and still is. Shes heavily reliant on all power related stats, her energy pool is that of a non caster and her cast times are absurd for how much casting needs to be done.

Ouch.  I just got her a week or so ago,  and with RazorWing Blitz,  she absolutely DESTROYS.  I just run an efficiency build on her, and can fly almost indefinitely. Her lantern is god awful though,  that's  indisputable. Ugh. As far as damage potential though,  she far exceeds anything else I've  played,  even Mesa. 

17 minutes ago, Misgenesis said:

Look at all these wrong opinions. 

Titania was and still is. Shes heavily reliant on all power related stats, her energy pool is that of a non caster and her cast times are absurd for how much casting needs to be done.

Gotta disagree, because she at least falls into the Nezha/Limbo/Hydroid category of "yeah she sucks, but she functions as advertised"

She was better-on-launch than Khora. Khora's powers literally did not function