Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Forum Changes (September 21st, 2018)

[DE]Drew
Message added by [DE]Drew

The Forums are now back online! Please use this thread for any comments or issues you may have. 

Thanks!

Can you switch places so latest topics is on top as it was before ? I mean... I often check forums just to see what are the most recent posts that people create but now all we get is latest builds ? 😕I don't think that most people check what build is warframe on several times a day.

QD86X7P.png
No blue dots to separate xbox from nintendo and clans stuff. Even though each is a diferent subforum.

Also some feedback regarding clans and overall recruitment.
These changes seem to have buried recruitment even further, cuz untill you actually click on recruitment and then proceed to scroll down pass the subforum topics in the recruitment do you realise that's where the clans recruitment posts are. It's vague and hidden in my view and the recruitment itself still has the same issues before. With the clans that have a higher recruitment rate burying all others clans.
Clans (subforum) also seems to have been made a bit hidden, the groups (not even clans anymore) with more members bury everyone else. The filter is hidden, so even if you trying to find a low tier clan, you are going to have some difficulty finding out how, further helping the clans groups that are already on top being on top. If you leave the forums and comeback, the options you put on filter reset.

Edit: I now realised the blue dots are only there, if you got unread posts in that subforum. Which seems dumb considering clan's got no posts and it seems impossible to read all the trading posts so the blue dot is always going to be there for some and never for others.

Honestly best to just revert it and open up a "work-in-progress" theme.

In there, you can show off any fixes and not just leave things in the sorry mess that they are in now; people can then offer ideas and suggestions to having some real improvements implemented.

Best to own up to the mistake, and finally fix some longstanding issues with the forums instead of just slapping a new coat of paint on things.

Use the community to your advantage, don't just hang back and leave things in a worse state.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Dorian-Hawkmoon said:

My recruitment add keeps disappearing when I update it, all responses to it since sept 5th have been deleted, including the one I just make 20 min ago. Our alliance recruit post and 2 other clans have the same issue. It's hard enough to get good recruits without someone deleting all the responses to my ad, please look into this @[DE]Drew . 

I've had 2 clan members reply to our clan ad, both replies have been deleted and my add pushed back like 5 or more pages. Besides being lumped in with PC clans, no one will ever see it that far back. If you want to kill PS4 clan ads under recruitment, at least set people with the ps4 tag on thier name to auto filter to showing only PS4 clan links under clans our ads there are buried under all the PC ads, just a chance to be seen somewhere please.

unknown.png?width=618&height=676

you keep spaming and bumping your own recruitment thread, do you think this would be okay? Your purposely burying other threads that might actually get responses

I agree that ps4, xbox and pc shouldnt be mixed together however, forums keeps changing and the recruitment section gets more trash with each update.

16 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

unknown.png?width=618&height=676

you keep spaming and bumping your own recruitment thread, do you think this would be okay? Your purposely burying other threads that might actually get responses

I agree that ps4, xbox and pc shouldnt be mixed together however, forums keeps changing and the recruitment section gets more trash with each update.

Agreed this recruitment section has become abysmal to navigate and differentiate between clans. 

I disagree that Dorian-hawkmoon was spamming or bumping though as there was clearly a day or 2 in between posts.

I've also noticed on my own threads numerous posts have disappeared from all different people, including my own posts. I've seen no explanation as to why they're being deleted(and no I haven't spammed).

PS4 players do not typically reply to clan/alliance ads here on forums but instead they reach out via Playstation messaging as we ask them to. 

Console players use these forums daily to search for clans or Alliances so we need to be able to post on our ads to stay afloat amongst the masses.

There does need to be a platform tag(PC, PS4, XBOX) option or something similar to better view and navigate ads. Currently this is a disaster. 

Please look into @[DE]Drew

Any help is appreciated. 

59 minutes ago, Sean said:

@[DE]Drew

Just moving it below "Latest Topics" doesn't fix the problem.

All that has to be done is to trim down the section and then it can fit properly above the forums.

they even cut down the number of recent topics... :facepalm:

I don't get why you always need to change what's already working, just fit the switch forums somewhere and call it a day, there was no need whatsoever for a change this big, and there's also no need for us to see what build the game is everytime we come here, I can't think of any reason why anyone would wanna see this, especially if it's the first thing they see

6 hours ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

Agreed this recruitment section has become abysmal to navigate and differentiate between clans. 

I disagree that Dorian-hawkmoon was spamming or bumping though as there was clearly a day or 2 in between posts.

I've also noticed on my own threads numerous posts have disappeared from all different people, including my own posts. I've seen no explanation as to why they're being deleted(and no I haven't spammed).

PS4 players do not typically reply to clan/alliance ads here on forums but instead they reach out via Playstation messaging as we ask them to. 

Console players use these forums daily to search for clans or Alliances so we need to be able to post on our ads to stay afloat amongst the masses.

There does need to be a platform tag(PC, PS4, XBOX) option or something similar to better view and navigate ads. Currently this is a disaster. 

Please look into @[DE]Drew

Any help is appreciated. 

I'm sorry to say, but it is rather frustrating to see this, considering this discussion more or less already happened all the way back in February - the PC recruitment forums were all merged together, causing massive issues for PC clans/alliances, outlined in this post:

Drew responded with "There is now a subforum for Ghost Clans (which are the most active by a large margin.". This plus the custom clan subforums were introduced, and both helped ease the prevalent issues (although not long-standing problems like 'Trade' ideally having it's own category... or perhaps recruitment could be moved under players helping players?)

However, the custom clan sub-forums have their own issues - for example they've been bugged for months, where one cannot browse past page 1 with anything other than "Most Members". By default it's sorted by most members, which means that large clans/alliances dominate. While they could be a viable alternative to the recruitment sub-forums eventually, at the moment they are far from it.

The current solution to spamming/deletion of posts in recruitment forums just implemented today seems to be making the default view be sort by 'Start Date'.

Within a couple hours of this change, someone reposed their recruitment post as a new thread, abusing the new system to get to the top:
317b8b57fb.pnge4b7d5b935.png

The old system, while imperfect, at least allowed some semblance of visibility to active clans. But it looks like many of the complaints were discussed in the archived post above, so not much point in repeating them again. However I am (cautiously) hopeful that if DE takes feedback from the clans, a nice middle ground can be reached. Perhaps in this case, slow forums are not bad forums!

2 hours ago, --Q--Gelbug said:

I'm sorry to say, but it is rather frustrating to see this, considering this discussion more or less already happened all the way back in February - the PC recruitment forums were all merged together, causing massive issues for PC clans/alliances, outlined in this post:

Drew responded with "There is now a subforum for Ghost Clans (which are the most active by a large margin.". This plus the custom clan subforums were introduced, and both helped ease the prevalent issues (although not long-standing problems like 'Trade' ideally having it's own category... or perhaps recruitment could be moved under players helping players?)

However, the custom clan sub-forums have their own issues - for example they've been bugged for months, where one cannot browse past page 1 with anything other than "Most Members". By default it's sorted by most members, which means that large clans/alliances dominate. While they could be a viable alternative to the recruitment sub-forums eventually, at the moment they are far from it.

The current solution to spamming/deletion of posts in recruitment forums just implemented today seems to be making the default view be sort by 'Start Date'.

Within a couple hours of this change, someone reposed their recruitment post as a new thread, abusing the new system to get to the top:
317b8b57fb.pnge4b7d5b935.png

The old system, while imperfect, at least allowed some semblance of visibility to active clans. But it looks like many of the complaints were discussed in the archived post above, so not much point in repeating them again. However I am (cautiously) hopeful that if DE takes feedback from the clans, a nice middle ground can be reached. Perhaps in this case, slow forums are not bad forums!

As a console player I do not follow PC recruitment posts. So as you say "frustrating to see this" I apologize for beating a dead horse. 

I just know that I have acquired numerous excellent members through the forums and a few good long term clans in our alliance. So the forums do play a small but vital role in our recruiting means.

My issue is simply with the lack of players easily differentiating platforms when searching for a clan/alliance and the navigation through the confusion that exists now. 

Perhaps implement a once/day post "bump". Allow the ones that are engaged on forums daily to actively recruit members the ability to do so. 

Yes this "merge" isn't ideal and is far from perfect. I hope of which can be remedied with time. 

I embrace change and although tough to navigate, I hope in time the muddy waters will clear... I hope.

Give us platform tags, allow filtering by such tags and please no more deleting posts without explanation.. 

Thank you. 

9 hours ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

As a console player I do not follow PC recruitment posts. So as you say "frustrating to see this" I apologize for beating a dead horse.

@(PS4)Steelergurl33, no need to apologise! It's a situation that is effecting a lot of clans right now, across all platforms. Our clan (Quasars) also relies on the forums for our recruitment, and it's affected us. If multiple people step up and make their voice heard here, then I hope there can be some beneficial changes.

I'm not frustrated at you (so apologies if I worded that poorly), but at the feeling this situation could have been avoided.

Really hope @[DE]Drew doesn't leave things in their current state... though considering what happened with the clan system that was only half-finished....

Interesting...

Page 1 of this topic is applying a border around the table in #elWarframesHeader (area above the forums).

Spoiler

XZlTVd0.jpg

Though quite a few other areas are "wrong" that are visible in that image as well.

Seeing this being applied to it specifically:

td {
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
}

Doing the following can remove it while keeping the border that should be applied:
#elWarframesHeader td {
    border: inherit;
}

Just now, SephirothWS said:

Also, if you notice the OP there has black text on the dark theme...

Yep.

Would be nice if all of that was fixed.

I have it fixed on my side, but having to use a custom stylesheet shouldn't be needed for a professional company's forum.

Spoiler

AMCGdwq.jpg

Not that it matters alot, but to clear up a few things, yes I was banned from forums for a day and given a warning point, lesson learned.

However, I would like to offer my side of opinion 1 last time. The forum post for consoles was seperate from PC, as a console recruiter, I recieved 3 to 10 inquirys a week from my ad, however most console recruits do not respond on the website, in my case I get PsN messaged instead. So yes, I replied to my own ad to keep it refreshed and not buried, Most of the active console clans did the same thing. I waited 1 to 3 days inbetween my post and always posted different so it would be known I'm not a bot. This was done by me and many other console users for over a year, with good recruits received fom it in many cases. When this last update hit, I found my ad, buried 17 pages from the top with over 12 post deleted, some not made by me. Not knowing things changed, i replied to my ad, and got banned and a point. I will accept my punishment but felt both sides should be heard.

I'm a almost 5 year player, warlord over 4 years, I just want a way to advertise my clan that an average user can find me. Currently, the clubs show listings by members on the website, the first 2 pages if no filters are used, are huge 6000 member ads from PC. My PS4 ad is so far back, no one will ever see it. If the default was that PS4 players were auto filtered to show PS4 clubs, I could compete with my fellow PS4 and you could do away with the recruit forum. As it stands now, my clan ads are buried no matter which I use, and I am not allowed to do anything to make them more visable. The average console person logs in, views the first couple of pages of ads at most, from my polling of recruits, seldom use filters or even notice there is a filter option. They prefer to PsN after viewing an ad, and seldom respond on the website.

I am sorry to those who are offended by my actions, and I have stopped posting for my clan on here. Our clan will do fine, we always find a way, the website used to be a big help, I'm not sure what the intention is currently. But I thought it worth pointing out, recruiting on here is important to console users, but it is used differently than the PC members. I have nothing against the PC, but there was no issue until we were lumped together. I hope this at least promotes an understanding.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Dorian-Hawkmoon said:

Honestly thought your posts and reasons for bumping it would be fine considering that the way things are managed currently are a bit of a mess and need a serious look at their organizational structure. Console clans are at a disadvantage on the forums when you compare them to PC clans.

It's not helped that there's no transparency on what is being done and feedback appears to be just ignored as the only changes are just "Latest Builds" bouncing back and forth above "Latest Topics" and below.

On 2018-09-23 at 6:50 AM, suchamess said:

Can you switch places so latest topics is on top as it was before ? I mean... I often check forums just to see what are the most recent posts that people create but now all we get is latest builds ? 😕I don't think that most people check what build is warframe on several times a day.

It actually changed after I made my post, so recent topics was above latest builds.

But now it's changed back again ;_;

Archived