Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Forum Changes (September 21st, 2018)

[DE]Drew
Message added by [DE]Drew

The Forums are now back online! Please use this thread for any comments or issues you may have. 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Zendadaist said:

Please can we get the build version/patch notes links at the top of every page for speedier navigation thanks!

It won't fit properly with additional platforms. It sometimes broke already if an update was too long. I'll look into alternatives though. 

On 2018-09-19 at 1:11 PM, [DE]Drew said:

Tenno, 

In preparation for Warframe’s launch on the Nintendo Switch, we’re updating the forums to accommodate the new platform as well as consolidate (and, in some cases, expand) the forums based on traffic, popularity, and overall usefulness. 

The forums will be offline on September 21st, from 10am until 2pm ET while we makes changes. 

In addition to adding dedicated Nintendo Switch subforums, our goal is to eliminate the redundant subcategories. Each subforum will either be a parent category or be nested within a parent category (ie, how Off Topic is nested within General Discussion). Our logic for what deserves to be a parent category versus nested depends on how much traffic the subforum receives, its overall usefulness to the community (including the development team), and its general content.  

You may notice that several subforums are merged into other existing subforums. One such consolidation is the reduction of the recruitment forums into a single parent category. After years of forum activity, the recruitment forums are not active enough for us to keep them as a separate set of subforums. However, the Trading Post forums are quite active, and will subsequently be split by platform. Feedback categories will be turned into parent categories, giving us the option to add subforums to any of them in the future. And last but not least, the very popular Extras subforums will be nested under the Fan Zone parent category, where you can post all your art, concepts, and more. 

Also, we have finally changed the dark theme to have more updated background art and color codes (coming this Friday). You can choose which theme you’d like to use by selecting the ‘themes’ link at the bottom of the forums. 

As always, we will continue to monitor forum activity and make changes as necessary. 

As some change is greatly appreciated, others not so much.

Seems I am unable to comment on any topics I created previously. Both clan and alliance recruitment threads do not give option at all to comment or post. Please help @[DE]Drew

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Steelergurl33 said:

As some change is greatly appreciated, others not so much.

Seems I am unable to comment on any topics I created previously. Both clan and alliance recruitment threads do not give option at all to comment or post. Please help @[DE]Drew

Should be fixed now! 

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

It won't fit properly with additional platforms. It sometimes broke already if an update was too long. I'll look into alternatives though. 

Well, my Warfame forum bookmarks/tabs are usually Unread Content and Latest Staff replies, I don't even see the Home page for the most part, and version being visible from anywhere was really convenient. Hopefully you'll find a way to fit it back somehow. 

6 hours ago, [DE]Drew said:

Would be fine if it displayed what was relevant to the account that was logged in or allow people to disable ones that aren't useful to them within their settings.

...or even trim them down (no large images or large amounts of empty space) with just a list like and then place that at the top back to above the forums.

PC: x.x.x

PS4: x.x.x

Switch: x.x.x

XB1: x.x.x

...and as a picture is worth more than text... this can fit right alongside everything else at the top of the page (alphabetical order looks best though with XB1 last):

yIJ856f.jpg

Though there's still issues like:

• Background-less glyphs given black backgrounds
  • Newsletter column in clan page taking too much space (shouldn't even be on the clan page as it isn't relevant)
  • White icons on white background in the clan member's list
  • White background in reply creation
  • Text for currently active tab on clan pages turning invisible on hover
  • Advanced options for search having a white background
  • Background image for the forums themselves does not fit the screen
  • Spoilers using white when on the dark theme
  • Clans still cannot change Privacy settings
  • Pointless and non-optional profile banners on profiles
    • main issue being they are automated and not optional
    • they also take up a lot of space and reducing their scale would reduce the amount of wasted space

Really... just go to this topic and take a look at things there.

I kind of miss the red now Drew! Think you can give both, Dark and Light themes a couple colors each for buttons and stuff like before?

Also since the Dark Theme used to have other art, will you be putting new renders? Heck, why not have a Prime theme (in both, white and gold and black in gold) with Prime frames in the render... Why did I never think of this before. How could I, Prime master of all.

Can the "Feedback" section be given better tags?

Currently we have the following:

• Conclave
  • PSA
  • Megathread
  • PS4
  • PC
  • SPOILERS
  • Xbox One

This list is missing:

• Website
  • Forums
  • Nexus App

This list should remove:

Allowing members to tag their feedback with these additional platforms with the sub-forum merging would help staff members read feedback as it would allow them to "find other content tagged with <insert tag>".

I'll just get straight to the point.

I am NOT promoting my post in anyway, I only need help in figuring this problem out.

So, I have a post in the fan concept, it's called Zero - Blitz Frame, a concept.

Now, the problem is, since I edited my post there yesterday, it won't show any of my actual post. It now only shows a "Next Page" button in place of where my post should've been.

I have tried editing it over and over but it doesn't work. I have also tried copying and pasting the post into a new reply and it also ended up only showing the "Next Page" button.

I don't know if this is a mistake on my part, but I could really use some help here.

Details:

The post shows up when the page is loading, but when the page is fully loaded, it only shows the "Next Page" button.

When you click the "Next Page" button, it doesn't take you anywhere or show you anything, and if you keep clicking it, it'll only show a "Previous Page" button at the end.

I've reported this problem to the moderator, but I don't think they've read any of it.

Anyway, thanks for your time!

23 minutes ago, Zanchak said:

Much prefer the blue, it feels less aggressive on the eyes and it just more pleasant to read. Red is overused pretty much everywhere now lol A welcome surprise for sure.

My issue is that they've taken away the option of it. Red, blue, green, these were options before, for you to pick as you prefer. I prefer the red, and am annoyed that the option was taken from me.

Archived