Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how long warframe(game itself) will stay alive?

iman00700

no reason it can't last for 10 years if DE are still willing to invest in it, and ship it to each new generation of consoles as they appear. making another entire game is simply not possible right now as DE are so focused on Warframe (they are publishing a game, as others have mentioned, but that's different). plus these massive landscape updats give a huge boost to player numbers and the longevity of the game as a whole. 

warframe isn't going anywhere any time soon.

5 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

21st of June 2024. Servers will be shut down at 5.59pm ET

And anyone still logged in will be transported into the world of the game itself. 

On a serious note, you can only look at the games of the past and see what happens to them, a game somewhat similar to warframe, but pvp-oriented was released in 2006 called Gunz: The Duel developed by MAIET and published on IJJI game portal, about 10 years later the servers were sold to Aeria Games which then were shut down within half a year. Today you can still find private servers with ~100 people playing. And that game was many thousands of times less popular than WF. So even if the game and company does fall under, it may live in one form or another as long there is at least one person left to log in.

Edited by SenariousNex

For better or worse it seems DE has not only doubled down, but triple and quadrupled down on NOT wiping the slate clean.   In some regards that can put some new players off but in terms of retention knowing that your stuff will not be worthless is calming.   I keep going back to the interviews with Steve where he basically said "either you like this kind of game or you don't".  In that regards they have found a sizable population that mostly agrees with their philosophy and allows them to proceed with that vision with our support. 

Second...company culture is changing around the world.  More and more young adults are expecting (if not outright demanding) that the work and culture be rewarding; even more so than pay.  Considering that none of the top staff at DE has "moved on" yet, I see a long road and vibrant road ahead.

Third, if they keep adding content, improving graphics, changing stuff up...then who knows.   Hell, look at WoW was launch in late 2004 and still has millions of subscribers.   Everquest still isn't dead (mid 1999 launch).  

So simply put...my guess as long as DE develops for this game there will be players, a decent base at that.  It will probably go back to the "core", the people started very early in the game, and that is who they will develop towards.   I can honestly see this game staying well above 25k average players for a decades to come.

Edited by Chappie1975

With the lore having many engaged this side of Star Wars (which lost my interest with the Prequels), this can go on for many a year. Who knows...we may even see the cancelled game placed in here as those guys being the Space Pirates (I can dream of a Ninja vs Pirate game by DE). Could be new side of WARFRAME to sign into. Imagine it-

*Glimmer glimmer glim*

You boot up and have a choice between NINJA Orbiter and the Pirates of ICEE. Third person or First Person. If you go the WARFRAME way, you follow the path of the Frames, weapons, and their finding out about the Tenno. If you venture the Pirates route, a new story unfolds as you find new pirates to join the ranks while fighting against the vile Grinner armies and Corpus establishement. But beware the ever growing threat of the Infested as well as machines with the will to destroy. Which side of history will you choose.

*Out of glimmer*

Hek, I would play it on both sides!

Hahahhahahahahahhaha

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

Doom thread! In Warframe! 

Ahahahhahahaha!

Man, what the hell kinda drugs are you taking? 😂😂😂😂😂🤣🤣

Warframe, the way it is constantly being developed, evolved and upgraded, can live forever.

End of the story? What end? Why do you think there is an end? 😛

Edited by Acersecomic

If people think the story and lore will end and kill the game, you are wrong look at at World of Warcraft, that game has been going on and on and on and is up to its 7th expansion now

Warframe could just as easily keep going and if you think about it with Fortuna coming soon they are probably going to give the same treatment to every planet.

I love and enjoy this game as a whole and had lots of fun with friends and really hope it doesn't end anytime soon ❤️ 

1 минуту назад, (XB1)Architect Prime сказал:

If DE doesn't expand at the same rate as the game does, yeah, that could be a painfully accurate prediction... But I doubt it. DE has been on the edge before. I doubt they'll let it slip that far.

It's not just about expanding staff.
It is also a matter of expanding the gaming experience, and with this, DE has been bad lately, in my humble opinion. Even the latest Arbitrage - it's all the same mission, all with the same enemies, only a little more "hard". 
Well, how many time we can  Grind already, when will the Adventures begin again?)
And the attitude to the game from the developers has changed - again, IMHO.
These are the phrases: "You can play while in other games" - this is not by chance.

Generally speaking, there are still many factors:
What new games will be released in the coming years in this setting.
What new mechanics will appear in existing games.
Will the developers be able to get a "second breath" and inspiration for their game.
What kind of financing does company- the owner provide DE.
Whether it requires certain amounts of profit.
What kind of relationship will be inside the DE.
Etc.
I am now pessimistic, to be honest. But I repeat - all this is exclusively IMHO, I will be only glad if I make a mistake in my negative predictions.

P.S. sorry for my english.