Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please add a block-filter feature to chat/Auction House

(PSN)whoistimjones

Really dont understand why we dont have an auction house yet. There's no downside to adding on at all. Aside from that.

Getting really tired of people putting "[Riven Mod] WTB WTS WTT" just so their post doesn't get filtered out by the system. We need a block filter feature where if a certain wordor whatever is in the persons post, its not shown to me, regardless if he used what i only want to see or not. Example:

I filter for "WTB"

"I block-filter "WTS"

Some random D-BAG puts "WTS [Riven Mod] pmo WTB WTS"

System blocks his message from being shown since he has "WTS" in his message.

We also need to be able to report people putting "WTB [Riven Mod] [Riven Mod] [Riven Mod]" even though He's not buying. And no he didn't make that typo multiple times. Of course, none of this would be a problem if we had an Auction house. Why is this a problem and not happening exactly?

Every game that I have played that added an auction house has resulted in a race to the top for anything of value due to resellers using bots in an attempt to corner the market.  It quickly becomes useless because only whales could afford to buy things from there.

A second trade chat for Rivens only would help with other trading.

Another improvement to trading would be adding the ability to set prices so we could buy from the shops we can set up in the Bazaar.  This would make trading easier but not make it bot friendly like auction houses do as you would need to program it to go from shop to shop and buy things.

Edited by Ohforf3

5 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Not going to read any threads and bots buying stuff off the market hurts nothing. Maybe on PC that would be a problem, but my concern doesn't involve PC. Bots on console would be a lot harder to set up than PC.

So you DE expect to completely screw over their largest platforms economy for consoles? You can't give an idea that ignores other platforms except your own, you need to make sure it can work for all platforms.

22 minutes ago, Atsia said:

So you DE expect to completely screw over their largest platforms economy for consoles? You can't give an idea that ignores other platforms except your own, you need to make sure it can work for all platforms.

actually i don't. Just because 1 platform has something doesn't mean everyone needs it.

12 hours ago, GnarlsDarkley said:

If the 1000 threads still didn't convince you...re-read them...all

You mean the 1000 threads where the anti-auction people run around repeating the same points what counter each other?

Like "We cant have auction house because it would cause everything to become too cheap!" 3 comments later a different guy "We cant have auction house because it would make everything too expensive!". the anti-auction house people couldnt even decide why it is bad without countering someone.

"We cant have an auction house because those would not be regulated by supply and demand but greed!" 2 comments later "The best thing in the current chat systems limited visibility is that its not regulated by supply and demand!".

"We cant have an AH because people would just form groups to get to the top and control the market!" 3 comment later "Me and my group would not be happy if we would have to compete for our top position because selling becomes easier!"

13 hours ago, Ohforf3 said:

Another improvement to trading would be adding the ability to set prices so we could buy from the shops we can set up in the Bazaar.  This would make trading easier but not make it bot friendly like auction houses do as you would need to program it to go from shop to shop and buy things.

Why not enable us to put up shops for 2-8 hours then leaving them there on the bazaar for people to buy? It would be more user-friendly than the current system and wouldn't be so bot-friendly. Maybe server space is the issue. Every time I see Baro though, in the first hour there' like 80 different crowded instances of the relay.

5 hours ago, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

actually i don't. Just because 1 platform has something doesn't mean everyone needs it.

Gameplay-wise it has to be this way. And trading is a form of gameplay. Only stuff like Skins, or maybe the Founders-stuff, doesn't have to be the same on all platforms.
But your trading-idea has to be the same.
Or let me put it differently: This is how it always was. Unlikely to be changed...

DE said they don't want an auction house because they want you to play their game. And Auction House means AFK-ing...

2 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE said they don't want an auction house because they want you to play their game. And Auction House means AFK-ing...

But standing infront of trade chat waiting for someone to sell a spira prime set is more engaging or has more gameplay value?

This reasoning is soo strong they might aswell said that they dont want an ah because they cant decide which faction should govern it.

1 minute ago, Fallen_Echo said:

But standing infront of trade chat waiting for someone to sell a spira prime set is more engaging or has more gameplay value?

Is it more engaging? No. Thank god I never said that.
Has more gameplay value? Actually yes. With an Auction House you would be afk. You would never have to open up the game. It could run in the back ground and that's it. With the trade chat, you still have to keep an eye on the game. So if an interesting alert pops up, you would play it, because you would see it. This wouldn't happen with an Aution House.
So yes, the current solution is better, and the argument is strong enough.

Thank you for your interest. Have a nice day.

21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

With an Auction House you would be afk. You would never have to open up the game.

With an auction house i would be actually playing the game instead of wasting time watching the chat to change. Come on, watching the trade chat is as far from gameplay as it can be, you might aswell say that being on the region chat is gameplay.

We have warframe.market what is essentially a tradeboard, you put up your requests and get offers, works wonders.

You would never have to open up the game. It could run in the back ground and that's it

And just how many people do that? As i said we have warframe.market, you put up your stuff and wait for offers. Do you honestly believe that just because we could do something ingame what we can already do outgame people would suddenly become more afk when the trade chat users are already dont play the game?

So if an interesting alert pops up, you would play it, because you would see it.

Expect i would be running different missions and the only reason i miss it is because i cant just leave the current run. Once again you talk about something what is already possible and widespread and yet it doesnt seem to work like that.

So yes, the current solution is better, and the argument is strong enough.

In conclusion the current situation is no different than the one suggested so this argument is as strong wet cardboard.

17 hours ago, Atsia said:

yes!  DE constantly screws over consoles because master race PC gets the love. I'd love to see PC get the same frustration once in a while.

Edited by (PS4)Firebrandd

10 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

Has more gameplay value? Actually yes. With an Auction House you would be afk. You would never have to open up the game. It could run in the back ground and that's it. With the trade chat, you still have to keep an eye on the game. So if an interesting alert pops up, you would play it, because you would see it. This wouldn't happen with an Aution House..

Not afk. Just able to to buy what we want much easier than being forced to rely only on that clunky, awful, impossible-to-read-without-filters trade tab. Auction Houses aren't game breaking nor do they encourage botting. They're pretty simple and useful, and could conceivably be integrated into the ingame market. Set a bid price and a buyout price. Limit posting times to 7 days, charge a credit fee for posting/buying. You don't need to be ingame to make the quick sale.  We wouldn't have to sit for hours reading trade chat hoping to find that one elusive item we've been looking to buy. Have a little icon in the upper right corner when your item sells. There could be a max amount of postings/purchases per day just like with trade system now. Honestly, I don't see how game-breaking it would be to have a way to continue to grofit even when offline. As for the auction house "running in the background", what do you think the ingame market system does now?  It runs in the background, just like your foundry, pet incubation, chat tabs, and people playing other missions.  I would honestly purchase items from other players more often if I didn't have to invite them to our dojo, sail to theirs, or be at Maroo's Bazaar. Also, the auction house allows for bidding, potentially getting you a higher price than what you asked for and it gets more eyes on your offerings. When you're posting/searching an item, you could see at a glance what the current price range is without having to ask or search google for a price check. In short, auction houses connect buyers and sellers far more effectively than the trade tab does.

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 12:50 PM, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

Really dont understand why we dont have an auction house yet. There's no downside to adding on at all. Aside from that.

Getting really tired of people putting "[Riven Mod] WTB WTS WTT" just so their post doesn't get filtered out by the system. We need a block filter feature where if a certain wordor whatever is in the persons post, its not shown to me, regardless if he used what i only want to see or not. Example:

I filter for "WTB"

"I block-filter "WTS"

System blocks his message from being shown since he has "WTS" in his message.

We also need to be able to report people putting "WTB [Riven Mod] [Riven Mod] [Riven Mod]" even though He's not buying. And no he didn't make that typo multiple times. Of course, none of this would be a problem if we had an Auction house. Why is this a problem and not happening exactly?

No, an auction house would be highly detrimental to the game, and new players, and frankly DE.

Second, there is a block filer. You can filer out WTS and have it post no messages with WTS in them.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 4:10 AM, GOOFBALL1 said:

Why not enable us to put up shops for 2-8 hours then leaving them there on the bazaar for people to buy? It would be more user-friendly than the current system and wouldn't be so bot-friendly. Maybe server space is the issue. Every time I see Baro though, in the first hour there' like 80 different crowded instances of the relay.

It would vastly increase the supply of all items. That is your central argument - it would make it easier to sell things. More people would put up more things for sale, which would increase supply in a game with infinite supply of things and NO upkeep of anything (you never have to build things more than once, you do not have to spend credits or plat to "upkeep" anything).

This would mean every player would have every "thing" in the game without playing the game to get it (bad for DE). Everything would be super cheap. They would also have everything in the game without having to purchase a ton of plat to get it (bad for DE).

The "Friction" of trade chat is what prevents all that supply from being available.

17 hours ago, (PS4)Firebrandd said:

yes!  DE constantly screws over consoles because master race PC gets the love. I'd love to see PC get the same frustration once in a while.

You do realize PC is the main version of the game, right? PC will always get preferential treatment over consoles because it was developed as a PC game first.

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 2:07 AM, Fallen_Echo said:

You mean the 1000 threads where the anti-auction people run around repeating the same points what counter each other?

Like "We cant have auction house because it would cause everything to become too cheap!" 3 comments later a different guy "We cant have auction house because it would make everything too expensive!". the anti-auction house people couldnt even decide why it is bad without countering someone.

"We cant have an auction house because those would not be regulated by supply and demand but greed!" 2 comments later "The best thing in the current chat systems limited visibility is that its not regulated by supply and demand!".

"We cant have an AH because people would just form groups to get to the top and control the market!" 3 comment later "Me and my group would not be happy if we would have to compete for our top position because selling becomes easier!"

Your argument is a fallacy. You are saying that some people think that an auction house would make prices too high and some too low. If there are 5 people arguing it would make prices too high and 5 arguing it would make prices too low, it does not mean prices will be in the middle. Those are both valid arguments against an AH because they happen. In WF it will be prices will crater, because of all the backlog of supply that isn't being put up in trade chat. That's my opinion, but if' I'm wrong and prices shoot through the roof it doesn't make an AH any better.

On 2018-11-05 at 1:50 PM, (PS4)whoistimjones said:

We need a block filter feature where if a certain wordor whatever is in the persons post, its not shown to me, regardless if he used what i only want to see or not. Example:

I filter for "WTB"

"I block-filter "WTS"

We already have that. The problem is when people don't understand how filters work, make a mess of things and then act offended that it didn't do what they want. 

If you don't want to see WTS, just filter out WTS. You don't need to filter in WTB. 

If you can't figure out how something like that works, then realistically, you will probably have a bad time no matter what system they put in place. And you can just use warframe market if you want the auction house experience.