Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime frames are pretty worthless

S.Dust

23 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

primes are a lot stronger in fashionframe terms though. gold/metallic trim makes all the difference!

Pretty much what I was going to say.

Prime frames are an attractive option for fashion-conscious gamers who like to look good while massacring enemy hordes, first and foremost.

The minor stat buffs are obviously a bonus - can't make them too good though without rendering the regular frames obsolete.

Kinda like premium tanks in WoT and AW. Performance-wise, they're no better than regular progression tanks, but they do earn you extra credits & rep, so are worthwhile playing if you need to earn a lot of currency.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

Typically they have slightly better stats & some cosmetic changes to some abilities. It needs to STAY that way too.

Otherwise it becomes Pay to Win & we all know how gamers feel about that.
If Primes were a Night & Day Power difference then it'd be a nightmare.

Came here to say that but you saved me the job 👍

vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Zero_029:

Typically they have slightly better stats & some cosmetic changes to some abilities. It needs to STAY that way too.

Otherwise it becomes Pay to Win & we all know how gamers feel about that.
If Primes were a Night & Day Power difference then it'd be a nightmare.

Hm, you can farm every frame that isn't beeing vaultet and you can do it relativly easy. You can't buy vaulted frames with real money.

Ok, vaulted frames can be bought by plat on the market but there's actually no paywall. All you need is some hours of relic cracking and some time beeing invested in the market. After that you can buy the desired shiny prime frame of your choice. Even if they were IMBA, where's the pay to win aspect?

16 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I'm really glad the Umbra is different enough to keep both. I hope other frames get Umbra versions that are different enough to keep both versions.

but then the thing everyone is arguing against (having a significant improvement) goes out the window umbra's are what primes should have been but its too late not and now every frame gets an umbra.

Edited by S.Dust

Response to the p2w argument is that this is a pve game there is no winning I mean hell i could argue that rivens are more pay to win that prime frame upgrades would ever be because not everyone can get great rivens primes will always be unvaulted at some point and always be tradable its just adds more of a reason to get them. If you want to argue for people who want to stay on the normal frame well, I say shouldn't the game encourage you to go for an upgrade. Also the difference between prime frames and weapons is so huge that it just doesnt make sense.

45 minutes ago, Birkenhoff said:

Hm, you can farm every frame that isn't beeing vaultet and you can do it relativly easy. You can't buy vaulted frames with real money.

Ok, vaulted frames can be bought by plat on the market but there's actually no paywall. All you need is some hours of relic cracking and some time beeing invested in the market. After that you can buy the desired shiny prime frame of your choice. Even if they were IMBA, where's the pay to win aspect?

Well Prime Frames are only available for so long.

If Prime frames were night & day difference then many people would cry foul as they'd be seen as requirements for endgame, and basically they would become a requirement.

More folks would complain that they are permanently at a disadvantage, feel punished because they were kept players during its availability & etc than folks upset about the quarterly unvaulting.

Even if Plat can be obtained via trading. It is still the RMT currency so it can be argued that you are still buying power/paying to ungate content.

5 hours ago, S.Dust said:

but then the thing everyone is arguing against (having a significant improvement) goes out the window umbra's are what primes should have been but its too late not and now every frame gets an umbra.

The difference here is method of acquisition. Umbra is a an assured drop, you will get him. You have to farm for primes and they only stay in the game for about......1 and a half years or so?

26 minutes ago, Atsia said:

The difference here is method of acquisition. Umbra is a an assured drop, you will get him. You have to farm for primes and they only stay in the game for about......1 and a half years or so?

But they get unvaulted and can be traded for.

17 hours ago, KIREEK said:

Each player has a different objective in mind, i don't own any prime warframes and yet i can make missions far more profitable than the common player, being MR26 and rushing missions may be the goal for many, i on the other hand get results, am fast, am effective and so on, so a single mission can be sometimes several times more profitable than what other players make it, sure they have the bling bling, but i have over 5M endo as a consequence.

Everyone ends up with prioritizing fashion Frame eventually. This is especially true if you’re bored of the game and grind which should be a few more months from what I’m understanding (provided that you don’t quit).

Edited by (PS4)godlysparta

On using a standard frame as a required component in a Prime Frame - that would not fit with lore at all.  Prime's are not UPGRADES on the Standard Frame - they ARE the Standard - Prime Frames are the original Orokin version of the frame - what you build from standard blueprints is the knockoff that can be created from a fallen and less capable tech base.  

I've been playing for 6 1/2 - 7 years now and I enjoy new Primes, soon as I get them I level them up to where the old frame was, and toss the old frame. I used to hang on to them but honestly i never go back and play them again.  

It's really simple though - if you think they are worthless - then just don't worry about that aspect of the game.  Pretty sure you can get pretty close to the max rank (if you care) even without all the Prime frames leveled - I hit 25 without a single zaw levelled (and only a couple amps)  granted they are half of what a frame offers but still.. 

14 hours ago, (XB1)Evilpricetag said:

In some cases their minor buff effects their powers. 

Rhino Prime gets increased armor,  iron skin increases based on armor. 

All in all meaning these cases get double buffed. 

Pretty much this...

Since so many of the stats are augmented by percentages a base increase has exponential benefits down the line.  I'm looking forward to The Nidus's primed version.  If they increase his health or armor...he'll be more god like than he his now.   

On 2018-11-19 at 6:07 AM, S.Dust said:

with how the game scales the armor buffs aren't stopping you from getting one shot and health is the same. Energy is a convenience but zenurik counters low energy as well as all the energy orb drops and energy pads. Also if you weren't already a tanky frame the extra armor really wont do anything for you.

I'm pretty sure the reason prime frames aren't necessarily significantly better than their non prime counterparts is on purpose.

1) I don't think they want farming the base version of a warframe to be a viable alternative if a prime is vaulted.

2) With the prime release cycle being what is, and how long it will be before some frames get a primed version I dont think they want all those frames to feel gimped just because.

3 hours ago, jfhsanseiIII said:

Those raises in base abilities become far more apparent when you add mods.  Also important for Min/Maxers. 

Exactly, it may only be +50 base stat,  but that gets spread out far more later on. 

On 2018-11-19 at 7:07 AM, S.Dust said:

with how the game scales the armor buffs aren't stopping you from getting one shot and health is the same. Energy is a convenience but zenurik counters low energy as well as all the energy orb drops and energy pads. Also if you weren't already a tanky frame the extra armor really wont do anything for you.

Nothing irritates me more than Zenurik or energy pads when I'm running Energy conversion, I need orbs to increase my power strength. I usually run a Dig Kubrick for this. 

As for armor, as I stated for Rhino. 

If Inarose Prime gets increased armor which scarab armor only doubles off base armor,  he will just be that much more tanky. 

Squishy frames heavily benefit from armor as low armor only increases specific damage types against them with minimum resistance

1 hour ago, TheFinalEpic said:

But they so pretty 😧

VPbYeyE.jpgda weapons too ;  - ;

BlGDac0.jpg21sazhT.jpgYes thats all primes in the game, except lato and scanna prime :c

Weapons make sense they're a significant upgrade they actually become much stronger the frames on the other hand just gain gold bits and some health which once again in the grand scheme of things wont help you since damage gets pretty hight with higher lvls.

Am ‎20‎.‎11‎.‎2018 um 15:24 schrieb (PS4)Zero_029:

Well Prime Frames are only available for so long.

If Prime frames were night & day difference then many people would cry foul as they'd be seen as requirements for endgame, and basically they would become a requirement.

More folks would complain that they are permanently at a disadvantage, feel punished because they were kept players during its availability & etc than folks upset about the quarterly unvaulting. 

Even if Plat can be obtained via trading. It is still the RMT currency so it can be argued that you are still buying power/paying to ungate content. 

People do argue if the skys are blue or green.

People wouldn't complain about a permanent disadvantage because there were none. As I wrote, it's not even hard to get free vaulted frames. Just for an example: we have one guy in the clan who has been playing for about 3 nonths now. This guy never invested one cent into the game and by now has an impressive collection of prime frames.

And that's the point: he's not buying power and he's definitly not paying for that itemems, that are definitly not gated. He's using the traiding game mechanic. There's no gate, wall, barrier to get prime frames. It's...simply not there, not a bit.