Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously. These leeches are getting more numerous

Riger82

I had a tier 5 fortuna bounty today that had two leeches in it farming toroids. They built the alert up to max, and made it impossible to get anything done, especially when the 'genius' who was actually helping decided to start the cases with only him there and alert level max.

Can we get an alteration that requires everyone to be somewhere before the event starts? And a 30-60 second timer that automatically boots anyone who isn't there? I hate failing due to someone else's selfishness and/or stupidity. If I screw up, that's on me. If they screw up...

Side note. I turned off notifications, so I won't see replies.

It's been a year since PoE, and not even a passing mention of the player problems with regards to leeching - not just in the open world but in any mission not limited to affinity farms - makes me assume that DE just doesn't care.

Ask them in chat WTF they are doing - make a screenshot - submit to support. Even if atm we have no idea whether or not it actually works, if the problem is widespread and support is flooded with tickets regarding the leechers/afkers we will (hopefully) get an adequate response/treatment from DE.

if you had reported the players when they intentionally avoided the bounties then this wouldn't be an issue for other players in the future.

As an advice for players reading this, do not avoid the objective or idle in missions, unless you want to risk your account, seen many testing the system, they didn't like the outcome.

To OP

Next time, screencap at different intervals and report them for avoiding the objective and for intentionally making things harder for other players, in certain mission types (interception, survival) that behavior is agravated, just like the player who activated the "cases" mission and you guys likely had 5 cases to deal at once.

Simply report, the punishment is already severe, with a single warn (that often deters the player or makes them quit warframe) and a suspension on the next time it happens

Many players have sugested pointless punishments, like a kick system, it's not in place because a far more effective system is in place, if you know, report the behavior.

If i spended my time moaning all the 700 or so reports in the forums, i would be wasting my time.

1 hour ago, ssj782 said:

And a 30-60 second timer that automatically boots anyone who isn't there?

"We're in. Headed to Bounty."
"Alright, I'm still in the Elevator though. Can you guys hold off for just a sec? I know it's annoying, but my processor-"
"Pfft, no!" "Bounty Time!" "Report Leecher!"
"What?! Guys, come on! I just need to load for a few more seconds, then I'll be in. I can't do these Bounties alone!"
"Git Gud!" "Bounty Started. Tick Tock!" "N00b"

"Wait! I'm almost in! I still have the Spawn Lag, just give me a moment, please!"

"Tick Tock, almost out of time! Ha ha!" "Get ready for the Potato Boot!" "Love when this happens! Lol!"

"Guuuuys!!!"

1 hour ago, ssj782 said:

Side note. I turned off notifications, so I won't see replies.

So the whole point of the post is literally to moan... Gotcha.

And as others said, you can just report them to support in the future... or you could have, but sadly you'd never know about it cuz looking to moan and not for a solution. Oh well, see you next time, when some more leechers will aggro you again, i hope you wont turn off replies then.

23 minutes ago, Tangent-Valley said:

"We're in. Headed to Bounty."
"Alright, I'm still in the Elevator though. Can you guys hold off for just a sec? I know it's annoying, but my processor-"
"Pfft, no!" "Bounty Time!" "Report Leecher!"
"What?! Guys, come on! I just need to load for a few more seconds, then I'll be in. I can't do these Bounties alone!"
"Git Gud!" "Bounty Started. Tick Tock!" "N00b"

"Wait! I'm almost in! I still have the Spawn Lag, just give me a moment, please!"

"Tick Tock, almost out of time! Ha ha!" "Get ready for the Potato Boot!" "Love when this happens! Lol!"

"Guuuuys!!!"

Situation like that: 1 out of 100 cases. Actual leechers: 10-20 out of 100 (and thats me being careful about est.).  It is alwyas cool to refer to emetions not actual proportions right?

2 minutes ago, Kerthis said:

Situation like that: 1 out of 100 cases. Actual leechers: 10-20 out of 100 (and thats me being careful about est.).  It is alwyas cool to refer to emetions not actual proportions right?

Just pointing out what DE has been trying to avoid. I won't claim it's the lesser of two evils, nor will I claim DE is right to more or less keep their current system in place without any alterations or even attempting to do a Feedback survey on what they can try out in the future.

Just stating, again, what DE is personally trying to avoid by keeping things the way they are. Nothing more.

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Just pointing out what DE has been trying to avoid. I won't claim it's the lesser of two evils, nor will I claim DE is right to more or less keep their current system in place without any alterations or even attempting to do a Feedback survey on what they can try out in the future.

Just stating, again, what DE is personally trying to avoid by keeping things the way they are. Nothing more.

We can play that game. We can always put it this way: how many people got discouraged by others spoiling their game by not participating, trolling or just being an a.ss? And from that pool how many people decided not to continue playing? And from that pool how many people would have been a paying customer? Do you dare to say its 100% zero? Because we can analyze lost profit from many perspecitves and Im sure some people who could have paid for something left too early before they actually had a chance to pay because they got discouraged by the absence of vote kick option. My bro is prime example here.

2 hours ago, ssj782 said:

I had a tier 5 fortuna bounty today that had two leeches in it farming toroids. They built the alert up to max

They are not getting more numerous,just your definitions of leecher are getting broader and more abstract.
Literally can not do said thing by leeching,you need good gear and be active to farm toroids.
Next time go to help them,get some sweet and rare toroids,you leecher. :^)

2 minutes ago, Kerthis said:

We can play that game. We can always put it this way: how many people got discouraged by others spoiling their game by not participating, trolling or just being an a.ss? And from that pool how many people decided not to continue playing? And from that pool how many people would have been a paying customer? Do you dare to say its 100% zero? Because we can analyze lost profit from many perspecitves and Im sure some people who could have paid for something left too early before they actually had a chance to pay because they got discouraged by the absence of vote kick option. My bro is prime example here.

Just keep doing what you're doing and complaining ever chance you get about the current situation then. Take screen-shots, make reports, document, etc. Get DE's attention and literally blow my example there out of the water. If DE is flooded from the other-side of the issue, they'll eventually HAVE to make a statement on it, and tell the community what they're planning to solve the broken system. (It might not go your way though, as we saw with their joke of a Self-Damage prevention mod, but at least something might get done.)

1 minute ago, Tangent-Valley said:

Just keep doing what you're doing and complaining ever chance you get about the current situation then. Take screen-shots, make reports, document, etc. Get DE's attention and literally blow my example there out of the water. If DE is flooded from the other-side of the issue, they'll eventually HAVE to make a statement on it, and tell the community what they're planning to solve the broken system. (It might not go your way though, as we saw with their joke of a Self-Damage prevention mod, but at least something might get done.)

One is 100% sure, if no one says anything, nothing would ever get done because there would literally be no problem to solve. In that case what ure saying might sound not that sarcastic after all. 🙂

Personally I think that leechers is only one part of the problem. There is a bigger picture here that needs fixing. Thx god this game has at least good background story to follow (who would have guessed that after all these years) and amazing gameplay.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Atekron:

probably plain and easiest solution would be to make rewors and standing from bounties drops that need to be pick-up, like stars, I do believe it will solve most problems with leechers

Knowing DE, this Item would roll down a Mountain for you to follows ans Pray that ist stops to Pick it up (cough cough datakey till yesterday) or be a mini Cache Mission. Ill Pass on that.  (Also times till it despawns? Otherwise one can simply itzal Blink to all Rewards at the end)

It would create more issues to demand that players be present to do a bounty.

Anyone who wanted to use their K-Drive would be booted if even one person choose to use an Archwing instead and any player who's new or got caught up by other enemies would just get left behind as well. A system like this would only encourage doing missions as fast as physically possible and force players to conform to this or be incapable of playing pubs entirely. As well as any situation where players are fine with someone doing something else during a bounty just gets more inconvenienced than any leecher could cause.

Also this entire leeching issue people keep complaining about is a non issue. People have brought these issues up constantly throughout the games history and act like it's something that occurs in every other mission they run which if it was such a rampant issue does anyone really think DE wouldn't have done something about it by now?

Either people who encounter this make the proper reports (instead of meaningless complaint threads) and DE receives enough for it to become a clear issue or players encountering this don't bother making reports in which case it isn't a big enough issue to warrant DE's attention in the first place.

If anyone honestly has that much of a problem with leeching that they're seeing it constantly then go through any one of the several means of deciding who you're doing missions with.

I'm sure if they could think of a good way to put a stop or at least curb leeching without potentially screwing over an even larger portion of the playerbase with said jaink mechanic, they would have done so in a heartbeat. 

Leechers are indeed scum but the solution is simply not a simple one.