Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation: The teamkilling problem

Illairen

Just now, Equinoof said:

Volt in my squad downed three of us with Discharge, my Maim deactivated on death and killed the Volt. That squad was pretty chill and we all had a laugh, lol.

I also love Rad sorties. 😄

You have to, otherwise you'll drive yourself mad XD

1. radiation cloud sometimes are invisible

2. radiation proc sometimes dont show on you icon debuff window.

extermination radiation are the problem but easy passable. The problem is defence radiation and gara users, reason im always on OBERON mode with max range.

Inaros + Negation Swarm. Or Rhino. Or just two Arcane Healing. Then shoot everyone you see, friend or foe, before they shoot you. In yesterday's sortie I got the Excal twice. What was he even thinking, running around with a rad proc in the same room as me?

On defence I think I once got killed by the operative, which was hilarious.

1 hour ago, Oreades said:

Yeah that is a super annoying issue. 

I think I've heard something about there being a way to change your graphics settings so they show up but I've never been in a good place to try and I can never remember which setting it is I've heard mentioned. I want to say I heard in passing it was something about particle effects being too aggressively culled. 

That said it would be really nice if they would just work again. 

I found myself a nice quiet spot close by where an invisible cloud was proccing and then proceeded to go through my graphics settings, enabling and disabling settings, moving the sliders about and nothing made them appear, maybe I missed out on the right combination but I believe I tried most of them.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

OMG that's me when these kind of sorties pop up 🤣

I used the Operator with Madurai.

I just dashed throught the whole place leaving trails of 1000 Heat damage that lasted 14s.

And got Rad proc'd.

I'll be honest, it wasnt the intention, I wondered what downed my team so fast, when I come back: they all were in the trail.

Il y a 5 heures, Oru5732 a dit :

You're lucky you only get killed. Gara can Vitrify you for 40 seconds

I remember that time when she vitrifyed the whole squad and the objective.

It's just $&*&*#(%&ed fun.

(Pub rad sortie is a must)

il y a 1 minute, Gerbera_Tetra a dit :

I had a volt and saryn on my team for that rad sortie...  I just give up and stayed near the beginning. As expected they kept killing each other plus the poor chum who decided to rush with them.

Why didn't you joined them?

11 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Not true. You can use really tanky frames to deal with it. Anyways, I love Rad sorties because team kills can be pretty fun. Just go solo or use a frame like Revenant if it's a problem for you.

Yes you can... The problem is there are other guys that shot at you with weapons doing 200.000 damage under rad proc and it will kill 20 rhinos together. The funny stuff is when you ask to be careful they continue to shot at you writing it's not their fault, it's the rad proc!

Next time i get a shot, i will get a rad proc, shot the other 3 guys with a lenz and i will let them bleed out... It's not my fault but my x key doesn't work...

other guys instead have no real idea what rad proc do because there is no information in game, some early master level tests should be there to teach the basic not just for gymnastics.

Edited by bibmobello

Typically I use Arcane Healing to become immune to Radiation. I also only attack once provoked in these Sorties.

That said when I play these sorties I:
- I typically play fully aware of my teammates locations
- When there is an unavoidable Radiation Bubble/cloud I watch the team go through it one by one. If someone waits for me to go. I jump through & watch them, if anyone get proc'd I take cover in an out of the way location & try to wait it out, or run from them in a way that isn't pursuing the objective. If they chase after me I know they plan to try & kill me & I stay on guard.
- I hang back or keep a very wide distance (NEVER bunch up, move single file) most players are too impatient to wait around so let them take point.
If they EVER jump into a cloud or bubble or turn around and/or seem to be waiting for you...they are planning on killing you. Just think of regular gameplay. Since when does ANYONE come back for you, or wait for the team?)
- I avoid casting my AOEs & I stay out of player AOE range if I see an AOE frame (If it's impossible to stay out of their range. I watch them, and the moment they turn into an enemy I watch their every move & animation.
Rule of Thumb: The moment they get proc'd run to be out of their range, if they pursue you, are looking at you, are chasing you then they intend to kill you.The status only lasts a few seconds so...
- Lastly, if I see someone Trolling (doing their best to wipe the group, intentionally shooting at the team/using abilities on the team)...I put them down...HARD...& with extreme prejudice.

The trick is simply to never trust your team.
Honestly, its 2018. If you seriously join a Public Games, or a group where you don't know everyone...you're an absolute fool to drop your guard, let alone expect them to be cordial. You should plan & expect them to turn on you & attempt to kill you.
Think about it, How often do players revive you when you get downed? How often do they wait for you? How often do they turn around to come back to you?
The answer (Which is: "Just about Never!") to the above essentially will show you when to know when you have a bloodthirsty player with you.
You'd be surprised just how difficult you can be to kill when you know it's coming.

That said, when they do attack you...don't get flustered, don't freeze, don't hesitate, & don't feel bad for them. It's your life or theirs now.
So, retaliate, camp, & make them waste all their lives. Problem solved. Finish the mission as usual.
Typically, once someone tries to kill me or my friend (if we're group queuing) in a Radiation Sortie, I make it a point to kill them till their lives are gone instead of risking them causing a mission fail "for the lulz".
Then it is just a simple /ignore, leave group, & move on.

I'm confused as to why folks get so worked up over this modifier. Common Sense essentially makes it null & void.

So my first rad sortie happened to be the same time I got the multi shot mod for sidearms and was toying with the Kulistar.  Didn’t read the sortie list before clicking go.  Was defense.

Not sure if killing the defense target ended the game or killing all four of us simultaneously did.

But I did learn real quick what rad procs did.