Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Radiation: The teamkilling problem

Illairen

I think that there`s a serious problem with radiation sorties: People either don t understand that radiation enables friendly fire and kill their teammates accidentally...or there are always these guys who like to troll their teammates and go an a teamkilling spree. Then there is the problem too that we cannot tank even just a few shots from our allies because our damage output is way too high.

Personally I don t enjoy radiation sorties at all and would like to get them removed entirely.

Edited by Illairen

I just use Revenant. Someone's stray Lenz doesn't quite go through the Mesmer Skin although I find myself losing charges randomly especially when some annoying guy shoots an Ignis my way.

The Rad Clouds can still damage Revenant through Mesmer Skin and proc rad on him, though.

Personally, I welcome radiation hazards. It implies people actually know how their gear operates and show some basic level of situational awareness. Sure I get downed every once a while, but that reminds me to keep an eye on my teammates and myself. 

17 minutes ago, Illairen said:

I think that there`s a serious problem with radiation sorties: People either don t understand that radiation enables friendly fire and kill their teammates accidentally...or there are always these guys who like to troll their teammates and go an a teamkilling spree. Then there is the problem too that we cannot tank even just a few shots from our allies because our damage output is way too high.

Personally I don t enjoy radiation sorties at all and would like to get them removed entirely.

Not true. You can use really tanky frames to deal with it. Anyways, I love Rad sorties because team kills can be pretty fun. Just go solo or use a frame like Revenant if it's a problem for you.

Use the chat to inform your mates about the effect then. 

I've honestly never seen any trolls that like to teamkill. In WF everyone just wants to complete the mission as fast as possible, so by killing eachother you're just wasting time. 

But I agree that the radiation effect equals friendly fire is not explained properly in the game. I had no clue about this until I heard some youtube mention it randomly. Still not reason enough to cut it out of the game though, lol.

Zitat

Not true. You can use really tanky frames to deal with it. Anyways, I love Rad sorties because team kills can be pretty fun. Just go solo or use a frame like Revenant if it's a problem for you.

Dunno, I always use Valkyr with 1000 health and 2400 armour + arcane guardian and get downed really easily...

vor 4 Stunden schrieb GinKenshin:

the problem is the bug that makes rad clouds invisible 

Not only that.. The magnetic and viral clouds in hive missions are invisible as well... It's getting seriously annoying.

Edited by Karu-QW

There was 2 Radiation missions in a row yesterday, one was Elemental Enhancement - Radiation, the other was Radiation Hazard. The first one was easy to complete, the second one me and my team kept killing one another. There was a Vauban Prime bayblading in the mission and kept killing 1~2 teammates at a time.

2 hours ago, uxx0 said:

Just by looking at the title knowing a sortie exists today, I could tell that there was a radiation sortie today without even opening up my game. I guess I'm just that good.

ftfy

I don't even understand why there needs to be both a "radiation bubblehazard sortie" and a "elemental enhancement-radiation sortie" in the same pool.

2 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

the problem is the bug that makes rad clouds invisible 

Yeah that is a super annoying issue. 

I think I've heard something about there being a way to change your graphics settings so they show up but I've never been in a good place to try and I can never remember which setting it is I've heard mentioned. I want to say I heard in passing it was something about particle effects being too aggressively culled. 

That said it would be really nice if they would just work again. 

Edited by Oreades

My frame got immobilized by Harrow's chains the other day and almost got me killed.

28 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Good old time when whole squad get rekted by defense target under rad proc

Funny when the defense target starts shooting at the ones who are trying to protect him...

43 minutes ago, Zyneris said:

I LOVE rad sorties. Seriously the most fun to have with a team. 

Call me crazy but it adds an extra level of hilarious when doing missions. 

Idk, I love it.

Volt in my squad downed three of us with Discharge, my Maim deactivated on death and killed the Volt. That squad was pretty chill and we all had a laugh, lol.

I also love Rad sorties. 😄