Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Digital Extremes' Smartest Decision So Far!

Kesti

Or you could simply tell:

Dear DE,
I noticed you probably made a mistake in the price of this item.
Can you check it and fix it if it was not intended?

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Naaa i'm kidding, let's just insult them and being rude... it's more  fun like that...

😭

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NeopetsMaster4432 said:

It costs more platinum to operate a foundry at high capacity than it does to flat-out purchase an item. Makes sense to me.

???????

Players who farm items have spent time doing so to craft them in the foundry.

Purchasing from the Market uses plat in order to save time.

Foundry rushing saves some time, but there still remains the time already spent on farming an item.

The amount of time spent farming per plat on Market purchase is 0.

The amount of time spent per Foundry item is the time spent farming plus time spent waiting for it.

So an item's cost is time to farm, time to wait, and plat spent.

Market purchases skip all time required to farm an item for plat.

Farming and crafting an item, start to finish, costs 0 plat.

Rushing is comprised of the time spent farming an item only. So logically speaking... it should only cost somewhere between the Market price and the time spent to farm and craft an item.

When Foundry items have a rush plat cost GREATER than the Market cost, that makes its time and plat cost higher than the Market's and thus it is NEVER worthwhile to rush an item. In which case, just get rid of the Rushing system because nobody will ever use it.

3 minutes ago, N2h2 said:

Naaa i'm kidding, let's just insult them and being rude... it's more  fun like that...

😭

Ah yes, very mean. Im sure the fine people at Digital Extremes are gonna take offense to that because they're children without a sense of humor.

Oh wait, they're adults with a sense of humor. My mistake.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, nms. said:

"Being rude", aren't you a snowflake, I'm sure you would make a fantastic chat mod.

Quick! Someone pointed out something wasn't exactly the most PC way another could have committed an Action/Statement! Call them "Snowflakes" before they end us all!!!!

(Also, humor aside, the fact that you even commented on their "Snowflake" statement means that you cared about it enough, which ironically makes you a "Snowflake" too.......and also myself as well for commenting on your comment. xD)

Edited by Tangent-Valley

10 minutes ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

???????

Players who farm items have spent time doing so to craft them in the foundry.

Purchasing from the Market uses plat in order to save time.

Foundry rushing saves some time, but there still remains the time already spent on farming an item.

The amount of time spent farming per plat on Market purchase is 0.

The amount of time spent per Foundry item is the time spent farming plus time spent waiting for it.

So an item's cost is time to farm, time to wait, and plat spent.

Market purchases skip all time required to farm an item for plat.

Farming and crafting an item, start to finish, costs 0 plat.

Rushing is comprised of the time spent farming an item only. So logically speaking... it should only cost somewhere between the Market price and the time spent to farm and craft an item.

When Foundry items have a rush plat cost GREATER than the Market cost, that makes its time and plat cost higher than the Market's and thus it is NEVER worthwhile to rush an item. In which case, just get rid of the Rushing system because nobody will ever use it.

i used to rush forma to save 5p LOL from forma bundles. the materials and credits were all things i had already so i didnt mind. 

56 minutes ago, konaka123 said:

I believe the rush prices are based on the crafting times. They seem to be predetermined and not specific to each item.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Zero_029 said:

🤔 Aren't rush plat prices calculated off of craft time?

I don't this was some nefarious plot by DE. It's just a in-game mechanic/algorithm.

And that's why they should have made it 24 hours.

There seems to be a trend on things that cost 20p on the market and augment weapons/other equipment, Forma, Catalysts and Reactors all take 24 hours.

13 minutes ago, --DSP--Jetstream said:

Thats common in F2P games, either you grind for an item and the other option to buy it directly with premium currency.

And they make sure its better value in cost/time ration to buy directly than grinding it.

This has never happened in warframe before as far as I know, probably an oversight but a funny one for sure.

3 hours ago, 4388452 said:

I have made a graphic to illustrate the genius behind this design choice, truly wondeful.

At least the three day wait means the streamers had time to find BIS. The rest of archwing is so bad, none of us plebs will be inclined to forma but one of them.

wait.. so it takes 3 days to build it, and you still need to have some "gear" from the Profit Taker in order to actually use it? did I read that right, or am I missing something? because if that's the case, I can't say I'm hyped for atmosphere Archguns anymore, I'd still get it but it would take a hell of a lot longer than I anticipated, and for what? unless those archgns make the rest of our weapons look like pea-shooters, I see no real reason for this.

I'm actually more surprised at the build time.. how does that take as long as a whole warframe? just do what Tusk Heavy Gunners did and build some scaled down models! xD 

Let see,

Requires clan research, resources for that clan research, wait underway research time, gravimag bp require atmo & repeller system (good luck repeating phase 2), and after that you can build it, wait 3 days for build time or 50p foundry rush cost

OR

Buy it directly from market for 20p

Its the f2p business model, yeah you can farm for free, but that doesn't mean they won't make the experience as daunting as possible so its always more convenient paying with plat than paying with your time and effort 🙂

Edited by --DSP--Jetstream
  • Like 1