Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Baruuk is underpowered

(XBOX)XGN DrFeelGood

I honestly don't see how he is underpowered. I can quite handily solo a majority of content with him using only a bare minimum mod setup, not even using fully ranked mods, nor any survivability mods. And this isn't even referring to star chart content, but rather sortie content and similar. Baruuk just has a very specific playstyle, and a lot of people don't tend to utilize that playstyle, so he feels clunky compared to the likes of the normal "meta" frames.

4 minutes ago, Xaelroa said:

Baruuk just has a very specific playstyle, and a lot of people don't tend to utilize that playstyle, so he feels clunky compared to the likes of the normal "meta" frames.

This. People need to realize not every frame is for them. Different tools for different jobs and different strokes for different folks.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Pauloluisx said:

This. People need to realize not every frame is for them. Different tools for different jobs and different strokes for different folks.

He still has an ability set that has contradictions within itself and the worst exalted in the game. I have no doubt Baruuk can be a good Warframe, but as is he’s not exactly the best option for what he does. Especially given the amount of effort players have to go through to get him.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

He still has an ability set that has contradictions within itself and the worst exalted in the game. I have no doubt Baruuk can be a good Warframe, but as is he’s not exactly the best option for what he does. Especially given the amount of effort players have to go through to get him.

Um. His exalted is actually pretty strong for most content till you hit level 80-100 high armored targets. It's finisher damage does a ridiculous amount of damage as well. It does need a slight status buff though to go further into content. But right now lull and his 4's finisher is pretty good I think the only time I have issue with anything with finishers are Nox's so far.

1 hour ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

People who hate on Warframe said that he is broken; but reviews prove they need buffs.

Like I said above his exalted just needs a status buff. I'm killing everything corpus infested and trash grineer and corrupted with a gas and finisher set up up to 125's. 

Although seeing a combo multiplier with it too wouldn't be so bad.

Elude is basically your run around and not get hit until you want to attack ability combo with daggers you get ranged disarms make it easier for you to attack things.

Lull is a AOE slow and Sleep and opens them up to finishers. Which is huge since you can cast that while elude is on or having your daggers up. Not to mention comboing with you 4th for finishers.. also continuing to keep your bar low to keep your 4th going.

Desolate hands(correct me if I'm wrong I'm bad at names) so you get damage reduction daggers that also disarm targets and move to allies for damage reduction and disarm.. losing out on DR isent huge either because you either have enough daggers from a strengh build, or you have elude on to send them out to disarm and avoid damage at the same time.. they don't all go at once either so they still reduce damage if you decide to attack during elude.

Serene storm. I'm going to sound like a broken record. This is the only thing that needs a buff again combo multiplier would be nice but not mandatory but a status buff is pretty much all it needs. And some will disagree with this but at this stage. You have to work up a meter to even use it. Which costs skills which cost energy his 4th dosent cost anything to use besides the meter going down. But 50 energy per pop and 75? Lower or higher depending on builds? That's an expensive exalted and a wait time. Considering the rest of the exalteds we have in the game. 

Rest of his kit pretty much gives him the ability to be an evasion damage reduction tank that also passively disarms while running around with very little risk attacking back..

I'd say the only nerf baruuk should get is the ragdoll. Because my god. It should just be stagger on waves. Fists should knock them down and disarm. Not everything has to be a field goal.

4 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

Um. His exalted is actually pretty strong for most content till you hit level 80-100 high armored targets. It's finisher damage does a ridiculous amount of damage as well. It does need a slight status buff though to go further into content. But right now lull and his 4's finisher is pretty good I think the only time I have issue with anything with finishers are Nox's so far.

Yeah and that’s the problem. It’s falls off where even Wukongs staff can perform ok at. I shouldn’t have to relying on finishers for an exalted weapon to kill high levels, it’s more efficient to bring a dagger with covert lethality.

Lull being hindered by walls limits its usefulness.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:
25 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

Yeah and that’s the problem. It’s falls off where even Wukongs staff can perform ok at. I shouldn’t have to relying on finishers for an exalted weapon to kill high levels, it’s more efficient to bring a dagger with covert lethality.

Here you go. 🙂

26 minutes ago, FIDOISHERE said:

Serene storm. I'm going to sound like a broken record. This is the only thing that needs a buff again combo multiplier would be nice but not mandatory but a status buff is pretty much all it needs. And some will disagree with this but at this stage. You have to work up a meter to even use it. Which costs skills which cost energy his 4th dosent cost anything to use besides the meter going down. But 50 energy per pop and 75? Lower or higher depending on builds? That's an expensive exalted and a wait time. Considering the rest of the exalteds we have in the game. 

Just now, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Oh you should see the other 4 posts he made today. One of thems already locked by one of the chatmods.

You mean that novel I didn't bother to read? 

Also OP, feedback should be easy to understand and have a lot more detail. What about baruuk is underpowered? Why do you believe that to be the case? How would you fix it? That short and very confusing sentence tells nothing. 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)XGN DrFeelGood said:

Magamu and random people were saying Baruuk needed a nerf because they saw his 1st ability; but were quiet when his 4th had 0.00% status chance.

okay so before you go any further id recommend looking into him more. because flat out the Testing area Sim dosent show the status chance. in the orbiter it does. and its 10% status chance.

his 1 is OKAY but you cannot kill anything to get the damage immune from it without getting slapped. AOE's also go through it.

his 2 is Line of site AOE sleep decent time and decent range its just not going to hit everything which is fine its balanced.

his 3 gives damage reduction daggers that give quite a bit of Damage reduction. that also disarm, get double range with his elude on, and also get attached to others for DR and disarm. people say its annoying cause you cant keep them but sadly. you have 1 Damage immune already slapping it on and the daggers is way too tanky and overpowered its balanced this way for a reason thats why they dont stay.

his 4th is strong but dosent get a combo multiplier, nor does it have 100% critical chance with normal mods, and its 10% measly status. you have to build over 300% power strength, to see the damage output and even then with a corrosive build or a viral slash build, the corrosive and viral procs are barely placed. and Slash procs NEVER happen. so it still takes 7-15-ish hits to kill a level 100 Corrupted Heavy gunner.

the finisher damage is STRONG until you meet a nox. great synergy for his 2nd ability lull. awesome but not the best the time you need to do this is when you get passed the point of You CANNOT do damage under normal means anymore so its no widely liked. you also get 40% damage reduction while using the 4th but you need to keep up on using 1, 2 or 3 so the meter stays down.

overall hes a really nice tank frame with some CC and nice support its just his 4th is lacking. people are trying to find his faults why he dosent do enough dps. or this or that. its literally 1 thing. everything else is balanced correctly and working accordingly. but second you work yourself to his exalted. Nope. it needs the status buff. because all your going to get out of right now is a gas build weapon to take out the trash and then sleep the heavy armored enemies and run around to each one.  once he has a status buff that's all. after that its just QoL changes people want with the 123's and i dont see them happening cause all he needs is 1 buff and thats again the status on the exalted even having a base 25-30% would be enough,

if anything else is to change on him the waves need to staggers the fists need to knock down on disarm proc. i really wanna see a combo multi but i think thats where more nerfs would start inoming. and his waves would get a LoS change

He's not.  He's just not a meta frame.  His 4 can absolutely kill armored targets.  You have options to do so: CO,parry counter, finisher after they're slept, slide attack.  His 1 is amazingly strong.  Just situationally so.  Lull is what is Baruuk's shining ability is.  massive aoe, triple layered cc.  Daggers are easy 90% DR.  4 kills trash even in sortie levels through walls in 1-2 hits.

His kit does have some downsides/clunks.  Most notably his 3 and 4.  Daggers give you DR based on how many daggers you have.  Which sounds okay when it's recastable and you can have more daggers than you need (so losing some isn't an instant loss.)  However it's anti synergy with his 1.  It's synergy with allies is bad as 10% DR is nothing for his allies and just hurts baruuk to lose.  Disarm is a nice skill but is almost never super worth it unless you can do it in AoE.  And the daggers do not remember who you disarmed, so when you recast it will disarm an enemy who is already disarmed.  The explosion damage is also nothing and can actually hurt baruuk's performance when working with lull because the damage is an aoe splash that will wake enemies.  Granted said enemies are stunned from waking on damage and have no alert level.  But still.His 4's basic combo has too much ragdoll, his pause combo's ragdoll is basically nothing, It's low 10% chance on status proc means you have to deal with armor in nonstandard ways, it can't build the combo multiplier, it's manual and forced animations on leave are too slow, and finally you don't move really at all during combos.

Basically there is one good aspect about his 3.  And all though his 4 can deal with armor and is pretty good at add clearing it's still arguably the worst exhalted weapon in the game.  Which when it is an ability that works on a seperate resource that your kit is built around getting just so you can use said ability is pretty embarassing.  Though it's important to recognize that just because there are frames that are better at what baruuk can do that doesn't automatically mean baruuk is a bad frame.

In my opinion his 4 should be fixed by switching his block combo to the standard 4 hit input and his current 4 hit standard input is now his block combo.  The new block combo only does ragdoll on final hit and now sunders armor making it easier for Baruuk to deal with armor.  His pause combo should have more aoe/ragdoll to make that his "get away from me" combo.  And then they should remove one of the animations for leaving his 4 and then speed it up.  These changes would fix his annoying ragdoll spam nature and give him useful cc from it along with a way to deal with armor.

Regarding daggers, I think Baruuk could hold to cast to send daggers to allies instead of it being an automatic process.  Elude shouldn't double the range on seeking out enemies.  Or if DE wants that to stay then add the additional effect where the splash damage also aoe disarms.  These would both be relatively easy fixes that would largely fix Baruuk's lack of control with his 3rd ability.

8 hours ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

He's not.  He's just not a meta frame.  His 4 can absolutely kill armored targets.  You have options to do so: CO

remember when u said his 4 was simply for CC? not very consistent are ya

and how do u plan on making use of CO with 10% base status my guy?

and do u plan on doing finishers on every single armored enemy? thats pretty damn inefficient

On 2018-12-30 at 9:23 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I absolutely agree with your points about Serene Storm, but I’d argue that Lull being LoS is actually an asset in many situations. The fact that it lingers and is limited to LoS means that enemies have a chance to step outside of their spawn rooms and into player view before the CC effects them, which means you’ll need to waste less time wandering around and looking for enemies that got slept on the very fringes of the map (which is a very real possibility with Lull’s absolutely bonkers base radius). 

On 2018-12-31 at 5:23 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If anything his 4 needs its stats nerfed (crit and slide damage, but also make lull sleep last full duration, not just for the sake of stealth but to make duration not a dump stat) and lull not going through walls is good, it means no enemies stuck in rooms in survival missions, defense, exterminate, etc. P.S. use said sleeps damage modifier for the final sortie heavies.

5Lets break down baruuk shall we since you all want to rail on him without significant thought because every warframe must be a press 4 to win especially if they have an exalted weapon. 

Elude

Good for building passive meter and taking a break from constant gun play as well as a viable option when health drops low.

Lull

One of the best sleeps in the game. Slightly hindered by LoS but makes up in its duration based sleep and massive radius. Enemies are also reset to unalarmed when awoken.

Desolate Hands

Give DR as well as disarming enemies. Disarm is permanent. Can be given to allies. Dr up to 90% is possible. Short range which is good for the ability but can be remedied by using Elude.

Serene Storm

A cc centric ability that focuses on using combos to control the battlefield. Could use some buffs to the waves of energy having them scale with range or scale with melee mods. Extra status might help .

My thoughts

Baruuk is in an ok spot. I feel people need to just learn to llay the game in different ways but then again most people play 2 frames at most. Baruuk is unique in his playstyle wanting to avoid combat and disperse the enemies rather than kill them.  It is rather interesting and quite fun ince you get into the groove of it but as it seems Baruuk is not designed for everyone amd that is fine. Ultimates do not need to dps the heck out of people. Even with caster frames. Think about Limbo, Nezha,Rhino, Garuda, Gara, Frost, Trinity, Harrow, Zephyr. It is a difderent take on an exalted weapon ehich I kinda like. Valkityy, excalboring, expandwukong are all melee exalts that are just boring  damage with a few distinguishable differences. Baruuk stands out and is still usefull and I like that.

13 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

If anything his 4 needs its stats nerfed (crit and slide damage, but also make lull sleep last full duration, not just for the sake of stealth but to make duration not a dump stat) and lull not going through walls is good, it means no enemies stuck in rooms in survival missions, defense, exterminate, etc. P.S. use said sleeps damage modifier for the final sortie heavies.

Nah it doesn't, because if leveling it was any indication then you want as much damage on it as possible since otherwise it'll only bounce enemies around without much happening, plus it has pretty bad status chance and I imagine shattering impact doesn't work on the range attacks so the crit stats should be justified in making it useful in higher levels.

Also you gotta consider that otherwise exalted blade and valkyrs talons would have it beat in either long or close range, wukongs stick too.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andele3025 said:

If anything his 4 needs its stats nerfed (crit and slide damage, but also make lull sleep last full duration, not just for the sake of stealth but to make duration not a dump

What kind of narcotic substances have you been ingesting? Nerf an already subpar exalted weapon? Take away it’s only way of killing high level armored enemies outside of stealth finishers?

7 hours ago, TKDancer said:

remember when u said his 4 was simply for CC? not very consistent are ya

and how do u plan on making use of CO with 10% base status my guy?

and do u plan on doing finishers on every single armored enemy? thats pretty damn inefficient

4 is for cc....

Hehe

• Like 1