Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #122!

[DE]Rebecca

How do you guys handle "looking back" at Warframes? Most recently were some Harrow changes out of the blue (which are appreciated, just makes me curious!), as well as Titania (Which makes me happy that you guys are still looking at her, even after the other changes).

I personally detest the charge mechanic added to Warframes, as I feel slows down the game despite being one-handed actions. My suggestion would either be taking a note from DMCV, which would be much easier, and have it auto-charge for you. So, for example, Ember's first fireball every X seconds would act as if it was fully charged. The other but more difficult to implement solution is reworking them to be similar to Gara, where it changes how the ability comes out. For example, Ember's fireball could become some sort of short-range operator-like blast.

Are there any plans on changing the way the foundry works currently? I personally don't mind the wait time that much but I've realised how big of an impact it has on new players... I've encouraged 4 friends to play Warframe, 2 of which quit simply because they feel a scamy "pay to play/win" smell coming from the foundry. I also feel the design of the market feels similar, but I couldn't bring up any way to improve it and I believe you guys know what you're doing. Back to the foundry, if you do feel a need to put time restrictions on crafting items, maybe remove it from some, shorten it, or oven implement a way to speed it up (maybe involving the omniplex and some of it's mini-games, or maybe I'm just going too far off track). With all due respect to the incredible team at Digital Extremes, I just feel there's some space for thought out improvements around the foundry and maybe even the market that would encourage newer players to stick with the game instead of being scared away from the great experience there is beyond the beginning.

Sadly never can be on anymore on Devstream times so i better ask it now:

Any Plans about a new Open World this year? And will it be in Space, an Infested Open World, or is maybe even both planned?

Would be looking forward to both actually happening somewhen.

Jungle World full of underground tunnel systems with infested all over the place. A lot of overgrown old outposts of various factions which all failed to colonize this infested dominated planet. With some new Infested and a new even stronger boss to fight then ever before which is infested. Maybe even with some new factions of different kinds of infested which are somehow not aggressive and are neutral till ally to the tenno later on?

Or maybe a Desert World with entirely new creatures and maybe even dangerous animals that can be as dangerous, if not more dangerous then any normal enemy such as Grineer. Much like the Manta Ray like creatures on Mars, maybe some other forms of subterran enemys that attack from below and come out of nowhere. (Could even imagine a Boss fight like that with some kind of gigantic Sand Creature / Dragon like / worm like thing coming out of the sand attacking, diving inside and coming out again out of nowhere to strike again)

Or Open world Space where you can...... sorry i could go on and on.

Only would like to know if there are any open world plans yet for this year. Hope i get the answer to this question in the recap since i cant watch the stream live sadly.

On 2018-12-18 at 6:12 PM, [DE]Bear said:

This is by no means the end of this process, but the framework has been established. As the new year comes in, we will be looking to set up a more robust set of general community guidelines and modify other volunteer programs.

Any update on chat moderation or on this quote?

i'm sorry if i  was a little bit rude in this thread but i got a question. will there be any sort of attempt on balancing mob difficulty better so that there can be a better boarder line for how effective weapons and warframes should be?  cause if scaling of enemies in general and scaling of weapons and warframes can be fixed then any idea of difficulty can be possibly fun after that.

The limitation of 90 slots for rivens makes no sense for the player and DE. For players that are nor interested in fashionframe, slots for weapons, frames and rivens are the main sink for platinum. So it makes no sense for DE to limit the number of slots one can buy. And for the player it limits choice. For me personally it makes me not want to do the sortie because i have been on the limit of 90 rivens for a long time and i hate to have to choose a riven to throw away, especially if i had to forma the weapon to make the riven fit in the build and now would have to reforma again for a rivenless build because the riven had the otherwise usually useless D-polarity.

The last sentence remided me to mention that it would be great if a mod-slot could be formad multiple times to match more than one polarity.

Are we ever getting the fix for lack of gliding on K Drives that we craft? Currently when we build the K Drive it skips the step of allowing us to name it for free and to place one polarity on it, if you buy the daily special you still have these gliding options. It was mentioned this was a bug due to gliding K Drives being removed just before launch of Fortuna. Is this ever going to be addressed because I don't think I've heard anything about it since the initial explanation of why the bug happened in the first place?

will you ever upgrade the animations mid air? also, melee3.0? also, cant we sacrefice mods [like forma] to permenantly upgrade an item [at least mods duplicates wont be useless anymore, and we will actually be using all of our mods then, not as we use them now, we NEVER use [energy channel] for an example, why not make it that we can sacrefice it to upgrade our weapon?]?

I'd really like for you guys to truly focus on end game. I feel like the current combat, warframes, and weapons are pretty solid (excluding the meele 3.0 updates and pet AI in pets 2.0) but veterans that are maxed out like me need a reason to continue logging in each day. This can be done in a few ways. 

- bring back raids. (or make new ones) It would need to be 8 players again though. 

- railjack can be a good prelude to more boss fights, other than Nef Anyo. You can literally make every star chart boss have their own capital ship, with different guns, ship interiors, and hacking that you need to do. This can be further upgraded if you take syndicates into account, and make syndicate railjack boss fights, with syndicate factions and bosses. 

- make more umbra frames for The New War. I feel like this is going to happen anyways, but we are dying for a few more Sentient killing frames and weapons for the upcoming story quests. 

- you can make Sentients invade planets, much like the kuva fortress with the kuva floods and siphon, you can make a fleet of Sentients invade planets and cause chaos. This could be done like a crossfire mission, where you assist the Grineer, or Corpus, or even some syndicates in there shiny new ships. 

Just some food for thought. I love Warframe, but I'd love me some real end game content. 

Also, please add the Hyena Pack into pets 2.0 😉

40 minutes ago, digjah71 said:

The limitation of 90 slots for rivens makes no sense for the player and DE. For players that are nor interested in fashionframe, slots for weapons, frames and rivens are the main sink for platinum. So it makes no sense for DE to limit the number of slots one can buy. And for the player it limits choice. For me personally it makes me not want to do the sortie because i have been on the limit of 90 rivens for a long time and i hate to have to choose a riven to throw away, especially if i had to forma the weapon to make the riven fit in the build and now would have to reforma again for a rivenless build because the riven had the otherwise usually useless D-polarity.

The last sentence remided me to mention that it would be great if a mod-slot could be formad multiple times to match more than one polarity.

+1 to both of these, even if its just double forma we could probably work our slots around it

• Syandana's for operators?
  • Umbral Formas?
  • Augment mods for Baruuk?
  • When are the other orb mothers meant to be released?
  • Will we ever hear what is going on with the flying eidolon?
  • Equinox Deluxe skin?
  • Will vauban ever receive a rework? Outdated abilities, his 1st/2nd are useless.

Dankje, 

Archived