Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So...is the Gaze is that bad?

ChaoticEdge

The Gaze only becomes more useful than the other Kitguns when you hit elitist epeen wank levels of enemy.

So there is no point in using it for pubs and 99% of content, pretty much.

acutally building one with max range (40m) and lowest range (20m) but full crit. wanted to see waht riven wwith 200% damage, 74% fire rate , 90% crit damage, -70% flight speed can do on that one. the one thing i immediately noticed while leveling those stuff is the damn small magacine size. even without lethal torrent and just riven it burns so fast trough ammo (depending on what u choose u have between 31 and 51 ammo). for me personallly what weapon needs at least 100+ ammo. but im not done with testing, maybe the ammo regen arcane ll help here. from all 4 kitguns (all with a good-very good riven) it seems to be the weakest so far.

6 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I don't see ppl using the Gaze chamber is it that bad?

No its not bad, the issue is ammo economy. If you can aim then its a Top-tier secondary. But it consumes ammo too fast, even without Lethal Torrent. Mag capacity and total ammo pool is quite low for a beam weapon that chews ammo that fast.

Edited by 541K4T
  • Like 1

every beam weapon plays almost exactly the same, barring a small number of them having a gimmick. I think the Gaze probably just doesn't stand out at all even though it's probably numerically one of the stronger ones because DE wants their modular weapons to power creep out older stuff.

the kitguns and arcanes seem poorly planned on some fronts, though. one of the arcanes is a joke, and two of them are based on direct headshot kills only (no status proc kills), with one of those two also being near nonfunctional indoors AND only effective on high damage-per-shot crit guns. The last arcane is an infinite ammo gimmick in a game where ammo barely exists as a concern for most content. Though some people here seem to be claiming that the gaze IS one of the rare guns that manages to have ammo problems?

Edited by OvisCaedo
  • Like 1

well, I kind of made my Gaze Kitgun Wrong (magazine too small, but otherwise a 90% CC beam, that's hard to argue with.), but the Gaze can be quite good, it's just getting the right build as with anything. if I could go back, I'd put the highest capacity chamber on mine that I could without sacrificing too much crit*. personally I like the Rattleguts most, though the Catchmoon mini-Plasmor is by far my most effective Kitgun.

*yes, I am aware Status > crit for higher levels, but I usually don't go into levels over 100 as I'm not an endurance runner, and i just wanted to see if a crit-heavy beam weapon could work and be fun. turns out it can, thank you beam weapon rework!

6 hours ago, -AiLuoLi- said:

No, Catchmoon is just too strong. Nerf Catchmoon.

sorry, what was that? I couldn't hear you over the sound of several Hydrolyst kneecaps being one-hit! :crylaugh: 

2 hours ago, 541K4T said:

No its not bad, the issue is ammo economy. If you can aim then its a Top-tier secondary. But it consumes ammo too fast, even without Lethal Torrent. Mag capacity and total ammo pool is quite low for a beam weapon that chews ammo that fast.

Pax Charge?

I like it, even though I built one around look and not stats, and getting a Riven for it helped a lot. Still... what hurts me more (and probably the weapon, too) it's beam range - 22 (min) - 41 (max) meters. And unless they fixed it, Gaze can't utilize «Ruinous Extension» which is just one big OOF.

6 hours ago, Corvid said:

Pax Charge?

Well, I like to use Pax Seeker, and I have a bad habit of reloading too often. Also apart for Catchmoon, Gaze offers most constant rate of landing headshot due to its pinpoint accuracy, so ideal candidate for Pax Seeker.