Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why don't you write down the amount of runs you do when farming?

Space0ddity

Your brain beseemst more like'ly to confuse the time you spent as having been longer as due to the monotony of t h e  g r i n d

mayhaps you try writing down your progress? you'd often find that a run for an ivara part for say only took 20 instead of a literal hundred,much to your surprise.

discuss

3 minutes ago, Xenox_Ilz-ot said:

What?

write down your progress while grinding for items so that the grind feels faster

ie。 if you're grinding for ivara write down how many spy missions you ran

what's so hard to understand?

Edited by Space0ddity

il y a 10 minutes, Space0ddity a dit :

Your brain beseemst more like'ly to confuse the time you spent as having been longer as due to the monotony of t h e  g r i n d

mayhaps you try writing down your progress? you'd often find that a run for an ivara part for say only took 20 instead of a literal hundred,much to your surprise.

discuss

I am not in the mood for masochism. That's why. I only did it once back when vauban prime came out and we clocked some ludicrous number of T4 defences (it was in the high 170s) and the piece wouldn't drop, to the point me and a group of friends sat down to craft a comp to reach wave 20 of void defence as fast as humanly possible, and managed to get the time down to something ridiculous like 12 mins or so. 

But counting will make the grind more noticeable because you can literally see how many runs and hours have been wasted.
I came from a game with more sadistic grind, insane amounts of rare item farming (ingredient quantities there are ranging from 50-100, top that with RNG over RNG, so there), and the only way to not feel like you're wasting your life on the game is to rotate between the items you have to grind because you'll eventually get something you need if you do it that way instead of power grinding a single item. We started to have RNG superstitions because of the crazy grindfest we have to do everyday 🤣

6 minutes ago, Autongnosis said:

I am not in the mood for masochism. That's why. I only did it once back when vauban prime came out and we clocked some ludicrous number of T4 defences (it was in the high 170s) and the piece wouldn't drop, to the point me and a group of friends sat down to craft a comp to reach wave 20 of void defence as fast as humanly possible, and managed to get the time down to something ridiculous like 12 mins or so. 

sounds kinda fun in a weird masochistic way

I was recording some of my grind in another game, many years ago (Diablo 2 to be precise). It's oddly satisfying in a way, provided you are into numbers/stats and you have an easy way of recording whatever stats you want to.

These days I'm kind of lazy (or normal, depending on your point of view). The only thing I keep track of is the daily login rewards since I reached 1000 days; I'm around 1025 at the moment so not many "observations" so far. I don't know if I have a purpose with those, but maybe they'll prove useful one day, to me or someone else. For example, many people complain about the rarity of 75% plat discount and I may be able to give some hard stats for that.

I counted back in the day, made me sad so I stopped. 

It would be nice if DE offered an I  depth player profile though, give us a break down of how often we run certain missions, most common rewards, etc. 

Shouldn't be too hard considering the data they're already collecting om the player base as a while and what a tracked on our personal in game profiles. 

• Like 2

I... ...sort of do - but only on a daily basis, that is. Here's my daily checklist I keep on my phone right now:

• Daily Credits: 100k Normal, 1 million Booster
  • 1 x Tridolon Hunt
  • Sortie Check (Avoid Assassinations other than Mercury Vor, Vay Hek and Ambulas - can't be bothered dealing with the Shadow Stalker any more)
  • Relics Acquisition and Control Rule: 1 Relic in = 1 Relic out. 10 Void Traces minimum to count as "out," complete anyway on short Fissure missions, otherwise abort. (Keeps Relic stacks under control, ensure steady supply of Void Traces, Ducats as extra.)
  • Current Quota: 12 x Meso Relics (Helene, Saturn) = 12 Relics Cleared. (Still running for Meso A1s)
  • 3 x Fortuna Bounties (Got 3 extra Frost Prime BPs. Running unvaulted relics to complete sets to sell.)

I do this so I don't over-play and become miserable. If I don't get what I want when I fill in this checklist, which changes according to what I'm after at the moment, I just accept that the RNG is not on my side on that day, and go do something else. Can't imagine counting my TOTAL grind, though.

Edited by KnossosTNC

il y a une heure, Space0ddity a dit :

sounds kinda fun in a weird masochistic way

It sort of was, we used triple buffers plus a (pre nerf) resounding quake banshee on a 4 cp team and took turns with the energy pads. Cost me a pretty penny in energy pads but it was definitely interesting. Still, wouldn't put myself through anything like it anymore, it was grueling. And the #*!%ing piece never even dropped :S

I don't know... I like statistical facts, so it would be nice to see what am I doing in the long run, number-wise. On the other hand, I sort of don't wanna know how many times I did Earth sabotage, waiting for Bite to drop from the rotation C cache, and mass murdering kubrows. Still don't have it btw.

2 minutes ago, Orblit said:

I tally marked my Ivara runs actually......I started it when I noticed I already had the blueprint and neuroptics.

Systems took about 120 while chassis neared 190.

Ivara was the worst grind I ever had in this game even harder than the old way of getting Harrow where I got extremely lucky and dropped the last part I needed in defection rotation C in a single run!

Not everyone is a math nerd with a dedication to data collection.  Which is a shame, because it would end a lot of RNG arguments on this forum much more quickly.

Still, I think there are enough of that special kind of nerd to keep things honest.  Most recently, I kept track of how many EOS runs it took to get a full Vandal set, and it turned out to be almost exactly equal to the expected average.

And I still track Sortie results every day.

PliY68q.png

22 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Sounds like a job. No thanks I already have a job. 

I don't think being a Gunslinger is classed as a real profession anymore, mate :)

I usually can keep track in my head of how many runs I've done, at least if the grind is that boring. the best grind is one that doesn't feel like one because you're enjoying yourself too much. it's a great feeling to have in a game, but very few games actually manage it, and Warframe used to be one of them (but then things like Eidolon and Profit Taker appeared, and those just aren't that fun IMO. worth doing for the rewards, but I don't expect to smile and laugh the whole time.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7