Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It should be 2x 30 minute survivals 60 minute missions are an awful idea to force people onto

Kashtan

13 minutes ago, Fallen77 said:

It is not mandatory, as I said, and as DE said in the last devstream, you only need about 60℅ of those challenges to get all the rewards. You'll probably hit 30 without even trying to complete the quests. So yeah, not a valid point.

And again, I know it's not difficult, I said it (reading op). I know it's a braindead activity, but honestly, what in warframe isn't ? Be honest with yourself, noone would be playing if everything was easy to get (and I'm not saying it's hard to survive one hour, anyone can melee only this S#&$. I'm saying it's hard to get out of your confort zone)

It's like for the ayatans last week, I got my fingers out of my ass, played the challenge for what it is and got it done in 30 minutes. Meanwhile everyone was crying on their ass that is was undoable.

How many hours does an average warframe player have ? You're gonna tell me it's that much of a pain to stay one hour without coming back to your liset ? Just take a bottle of water and get it done. Or stop complaining that you are too lazy to complete a non-mandatory challenge in a game that's all about spending unreasonnable amounts of time farming a singular item.

New calculations show it's actually closer to 70%, and no, I wouldn't mind (and actually might even enjoy it) if this wasn't supposed to be a new system, so we'll have to do this for as long as we play the game.

• Like 1

60 min of Kuva survival without activating the life supports is a really good elite challenge! I love it, please keep adding more stuff like this DE! I know there's been many complaints about these survival challenges in the forums, but pls don't cave in, DE! Elite challenges are supposed to be exactly like this, something difficult. Players who don't want to do this can skip most elite challenges they don't enjoy and still get to the top tier rewards at the end, since it only takes 60% of the acts to max rank 30. I really hope to see more stuff like this in the future and pretty much every YT content creator I've seen is enjoying and praising Nightwave.

Warframe needs more challenges like this DE, again pls don't cave in like you did with Fortuna and immediately start nerfing enemies. WF players have gotten somewhat used to getting easy rewards for little effort, but what's the point in all these powerful mods and rewards if not to challenge ourselves with stuff like this? Great stuff this week, can't wait to hop onto Kuva survival! 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

Warframe needs more challenges like this DE, again pls don't cave in like you did with Fortuna and immediately start nerfing enemies. WF players have gotten somewhat used to getting easy rewards for little effort, but what's the point in all these powerful mods and rewards if not to challenge ourselves with stuff like this? Great stuff this week, can't wait to hop onto Kuva survival! 

Do you realise what you're saying here? "Yes, DE, replace an easy system accessible to everyone with a much harder, much more exclusionary system accessible only to elitists! Don't cave to the people who don't like the same rewards suddenly requiring a LOT more work and dedication!" Because that's how it's coming across. Remember - Nightwave replaced Alerts, so a lot of people who did alerts are going to be migrating to it... And Alerts weren't known for being particularly "elite" or "difficult."

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I know there's been many complaints about these survival challenges in the forums, but pls don't cave in, DE! Elite challenges are supposed to be exactly like this, something difficult.

If you read the complaints across the forum you'll see that the majority of people are not protesting for the difficulty, but for the fact that the challenge task is extremely tedious and boring. 

Just now, DebrisFlow said:

If you read the complaints across the forum you'll see that the majority of people are not protesting for the difficulty, but for the fact that the challenge task is extremely tedious and boring. 

Who knew? Kuva survival doesn't scale, enemy density doesn't scale, and there is no feedback from missions given back to players. However, you can't blame the Nightwave challenge because scaling and endurance rewards have been neglected for years.

I have a problem with it since nightwave was implemented for people who don't have large stretches of uninterrupted/uninterruptable free time to do whatever's available. Obviously, an hour-long challenge is counter-intuitive to this.

Plus, following the trends set of elite challenge, they seem to be normal challenges with other modifiers like 'with friends'. These challenges are 'with friends'.

Indicating it may be a regular weekly too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

I have a problem with it since nightwave was implemented for people who don't have large stretches of uninterrupted/uninterruptable free time to do whatever's available. Obviously, an hour-long challenge is counter-intuitive to this.

You can complete multiple challenges in the survival. For example, you can do both survival ones in the Fortress, the Eximus kills, the rare mods (from Jesters/Guardians), and the cold damage kills. That is 5 challenges in 1 hour. That all seems reasonable to me: 1 hour a week to complete all that reputation.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Voltage said:

You can complete multiple challenges in the survival. For example, you can do both survival ones in the Fortress, the Eximus kills, the rare mods (from Jesters/Guardians), and the cold damage kills. That is 5 challenges in 1 hour.

Hm, fair. That's an element of the system I've praised before. Bit more palpable considering that. However, you still have the issue of the flat 60-minutes

One suggestion I saw on another thread (not sure who's though) was to make the 60 minutes cumulative. So, for as long as you meet the conditions, the time goes up. As soon as you no longer meet them - for example quit the mission, pop a capsule etc. the amount of time you have is saved and you go on without contributing.

This fixes the issue by letting players with limited time be able to complete the challenge over time like the rest of the acts, and I'd have no problem.

11 minutes ago, DebrisFlow said:

That's the opinion you and a vocal segment of the community have. But it's not an opinion shared by everyone. I actually really enjoy doing these longer survivals and I know there's others like me. Some of my clan mates were having a blast with it last night. As Voltage said, you can actually complete at least 5 challenges in one go by doing 60 min in the Kuva fortress. And come out of it with a bunch of kuva as well. 

The issue is that there's this vocal part of the community that absolutely can't stand the notion that Warframe can support or encourage playstyles and activities that they do not enjoy. You see this all the time in these forums. Players who actually cheered when trials were removed, even if it left a huge endgame vacuum in the game and killed an entire segment of the community. People who keep saying conclave and pvp should be entirely removed from the game just because they don't like it, etc. I personally hate conservation wild life hunting and mineral farming. I think it's extremely boring and tedious. But I don't come to the forums making rage posts asking DE to remove conservation and floofs from the game. I'll do the conservation challenge this week and keep an open mind about it. It's just another playstyle within WF, and the game is better and stronger in the long run for it. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Actually it was implemented so you can work to rewards when you play and not when the alert rewards decided to pop up. Nitain is the biggest example of this.

Doing an hour survival isn't boring for some.

Fortunately you still have 10/12 challenges that are quick and easy. I'm just glad to have 2 enjoyable challenges that take a little more effort finally. 

Edited by AntiMomentum

Just now, AntiMomentum said:

Actually it was implemented so you can work to rewards when you play and not when the alert rewards decided to pop up. Nitain is the biggest example of this.

Arguing precision dev intent is not going to end well, trust me. We know it was implemented for people with time issues, with that one being cited as the main one. Doesn't mean it's the only one. All I know is that Nightwave is designed for players on a lot more places of the time spectrum.

8 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

Arguing precision dev intent is not going to end well, trust me. We know it was implemented for people with time issues, with that one being cited as the main one. Doesn't mean it's the only one. All I know is that Nightwave is designed for players on a lot more places of the time spectrum.

Play* to sleep or whatever is the term used by devs over and over again. Waiting for the alert to pop when it does rather than just being able to work towards it on personal time. That is the main issue Dev's are addressing. 

*typo correction

Edited by AntiMomentum

Let me start this by conveying that I personally find endless missions to be the most boring thing in Warframe, such as if I do manage to make it to the 20minute mark I'm already fighting off the urge to claw my out own and not in the good Event Horizon way more so the Marshmallow People way. Now I get that for some people diaper runs are their jam and I have zero problem with that when it isn't thrust upon me, which is exactly what this "challenge" does..... and truth be told it isn't even terribly challenging it just takes a small eternity. 

Compound that with the fact that there are two 1hr survival missions in this weekly rotation. For me that is a recipe for burnout if ever there was one. 

I realize there is always the not great option of "just don't do them 4head" problem there is that cumulatively they represent a full level for the event and I've already skipped the Hydrolist because ugh I just do not find that fight enjoyable nor did I feel like rolling the dice with Randoms. Which would have either resulted in a shockingly smooth run or more likely than not several failed runs and one or more people getting srsly bent out of shape in no short part because of the time restrictions on when you can attempt said encounter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AntiMomentum said:

Pay to sleep is the term used by devs over and over again. Waiting for the alert to pop when it does rather than just being able to work towards it on personal time. That is the main issue Dev's are addressing. 

Look, this has a strong chance of devolving into a TF2 'Friendlys vs competitive'-like debate. I'd really rather it didn't.

You can do both at the same time.

You only need 30k per week, for 10 weeks, to reach rank 30, which is representative of 300k standing. Therefore, you can skip 13k of the 43k per week -- not including in-game captures -- or two 5ks and one 3k, comfortably.

Here we go again.

Look, you only need 60% of the challenges as per [DE]Steve. You can do up to 5 challenges in that hour and gain quite a bit of reputation in that time. This discussion is already being beaten dead, and it's the first time we got a piece of content that pushes you past a single rotation C reward. DE is not going to cater every challenge to every player at the same time. You can be well-rounded and go for all of them, or you can pick and choose. The former gets level 30 faster than the latter, and they deserve that. If you are bothered that you miss some rep, then do the challenges. Otherwise, skip and move on.

7 minutes ago, Voltage said:

DE is not going to cater every challenge to every player at the same time. You can be well-rounded and go for all of them, or you can pick and choose.

When you're displacing a system which caters to a number of people's preferences and replacing it with a system which caters to other people's preferences, you can't really just brush complaints aside as irrelevant. I'm fine with Nightwave offering elite and endurance challenges, but how does it not seem criticism-worty to replace a system which had a hard 10-minute upper limit on Survival missions with a system that has a 60-minute lower limit on survival? Can you really not see the incongruity there?

Personally, I prefer stuff like endurance runs over quick little easy missions. I'm just glad to have 2 challenges that do the sort of thing I prefer in this game. For me, leaving at wave 5 or 10 minutes in is incredibly frustrating. I'm not saying what you prefer is right or wrong OP. Just keep in mind there a bunch of different people playing this game. I think we have completely different preferences for how we play this game and that's ok. Fortunately for both of us as people have mentioned above you don't need to do every challenge in the list to get all the levels or whatever they are called

Edited by AntiMomentum

27 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Here we go again.

Look, you only need 60% of the challenges as per [DE]Steve. You can do up to 5 challenges in that hour and gain quite a bit of reputation in that time. This discussion is already being beaten dead, and it's the first time we got a piece of content that pushes you past a single rotation C reward. DE is not going to cater every challenge to every player at the same time. You can be well-rounded and go for all of them, or you can pick and choose. The former gets level 30 faster than the latter, and they deserve that. If you are bothered that you miss some rep, then do the challenges. Otherwise, skip and move on.

60% is not enough to reach rank 30 , I think its 70% or littke bit more , someone did math on reddit on this

Edited by bad4youLT
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

I think the day Warframe gets challenges without having thousands of complaint-waves tearing through is the day, Half-Life 3 comes out.

It's almost like a variety of different people play this game in a variety of different ways, where a one-size-fits-all system will never please everybody, right? Why did we have to remove Alerts to introduce Nightwave again?

I just wish that the amount of standing you get for these rewards was actually proportional to the amount of time/effort required to pull them off. 

Three waves of ESO takes like 12 minutes. Why do you get the same amount of standing from that as you do from running a survival mission for an hour? 

34 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

60% is not enough to reach rank 30 , I think its 70% or littke bit more , someone did math on reddit on this

You need to complete 60% of activities which will result in 70% of the needed rep.