Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fighting Wolf by bullet jumping 150 times

Enialyx

3 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Or just look at the spurious complaints and realise that yes, they are "that person", shake your head, and hope that they one day find something that they can enjoy without complaint. 

Hey, I'm just trying to help.

If I were shaking my head all the time I'd have whiplash by now. 😄

• Like 1

il y a une heure, Enialyx a dit :

This, dear community members, is what Warframe has come to.

What possible reason or purpose does this challenge have? How is it even a challenge? Why does Nora want us to bullet jump 150 times? Why does she pay us for it? How does it help in the fight against the big bad Wolf and his fellow escaped inmates? Does anyone feel like "once and future bad-ass" for doing this? Are you being true to your truest self?

I can't even.

tired alice foulcher GIF by The Orchard Films

Another challenge, another complain. It's getting ridiculous. 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)drpunk-yo said:

At least bullet jumping is more baaaaaaadaaaaaaaaass than opening lockers.

You take that back!

I felt ULTRA badass after opening those lockers! :tongue:

At least the "kill 150 enemies with abilities" was somewhat tricky. Did 3 missions and lockers & enemies yielded very few energy orbs, so it was tough to spam abilities.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

It's true, I don't understand what bullet jumping or opening lockers had to do with the Wolf of Saturn Six, but supposedly it really pisses him off because he attacks you for doing these seemingly unrelated tasks.

I do wish there was a bit more of a tie-in to the lore, that the challenges related to the actual story. But at the end of the day, I don't really care too much because I'll bet getting free forma for jumping around. I still think the Nightwave system benefits me much better than sleeping/working through alerts.

1 hour ago, The_Mustachio said:

“Hour long survival is too much”

”Bullet jumping is to easy”

I love this community 

I know. It's completely, utterly, physically impossible for there to be any kind of middle ground between these two objectives.

il y a 15 minutes, DoomFruit a dit :

I know. It's completely, utterly, physically impossible for there to be any kind of middle ground between these two objectives.

There is a middle ground. You just chose to focus and complain on the extremes yourself. 

And your extremes are not necessarily my extremes. I guess there will always be extremes. 

Edited by HexOmega111x

From technical point of view, Acts are designed to be signposts for new players, pointing the way to different aspects of the game while encouraging veterans to participate in activities they would otherwise neglect. And, hell, it's doing good job at it: believe it or not but some new players don't even utilise bulletjump.

From lore point of view,  It has never been stated that Acts are directly connected to The Wolf. "Acts of defiance, acts of generosity, acts of sacrifice... this is how we turn this system 'round. I'll take you there, Dreamers. I'll bring you back." - Nora wants us to stay active for the sake of System and the tale of Wolf of Saturn Six is our reward for those efforts. Like children gathered at fireplace, we are gifted with parts of fable each evening for doing our best during day.

How does it connects with bulletjumping? Perhaps aunt Nora truly want us to stay in shape or perhaps just slap licentia poetica on it and stop complaining about ******* details.

Edited by xGryphus
  • Like 1

vor einer Stunde schrieb IntheCoconut:

It's true, I don't understand what bullet jumping or opening lockers had to do with the Wolf of Saturn Six, but supposedly it really pisses him off because he attacks you for doing these seemingly unrelated tasks.

I do wish there was a bit more of a tie-in to the lore, that the challenges related to the actual story. But at the end of the day, I don't really care too much because I'll bet getting free forma for jumping around. I still think the Nightwave system benefits me much better than sleeping/working through alerts.

Wait what? Wolf attacking you? I am rank 12 and yeah can remember seeing him one or maybe two times and only dropping crappy mods you arleady have a few thousands of. So yeah. I do this bs too for the free stuff and even do thinks I will only do for this (like playing sorties) but feeling more benefited than from old alerts? No not really.

Edited by Tengarnos

vor 2 Stunden schrieb CaptainMinty:
  1. I mean, that's like, your opinion man. I've done stuff I haven't done in over a year thanks to Nightwave, and had fun doing it.
  2. Again, this is opinion, and the second part is so heartily wrong it hurts. Nightwave offers consistency. Work towards an objective instead of praying for an alert to have it
  3. Was it a success? Took me months to get CP on my own through the old alert system. In Nightwave, I would've had it within a week. The quick alert system was useless. It only hurt those with specific times they could play. CP alert come up while at work? Too bad so sad. Alternate helmet available when you're sleeping? Waking up for an alert on a game? Sacrificing a healthy night's sleep? Ridiculous. 

DE needs to improve Nightwave, and never bring back old alerts. Old alerts were awful. They had no consistency to them. They worked on RNG and time gating. A sin should never be combined like that. RNG with timegates? Praying for the right alert to pop up during the few hours or so available is not something a player should do.

I can only speak for myself but yeah I have done some things like Sorties I never touched for months just to get the standing, so I can get some of the few wolf creds or in other words, the Umbra Forma. Luckly I dont need much from them but seeing it from some newer Players the old alert system was better. They cant do many of the things (why should a MR5 go hunting eidolons or doing sorties which he most likely wont have unlocked at this moment.) The Nitain is now even harder to get than before same goes for Auras. Sure you can work to a special reward you want but again the wolf creds are so heavily limited its no suitable system for new players. If I think of how much Nitain you need during your way to max MR all the 200 wolf creds will go for it I mean 65 nitian is nothing (you need at least 100 more)
It would have been way more benefitting if they would have just improved the rate of important alerts. The auras way more often. Nitain more often. Or at least letting the Aura and Nitain alerts stay together with Nightwave. Or maybe giving you a steady cred income per 1k standing plus some bonus per rank. The current system of nightwave has many flaws and really need to be improved heavily to be consindered good and fair.

It's fine for some to be easy, but... A lot of the easy ones just make the utter lack of context for nightwaves feel even more absurd than it already does as a baseline. They present it as if it's tied to this slowly unraveling story, but... it... very very clearly has NOTHING to do with it, in even the slightest capacity. It feels like they just felt obligated to pretend their battlepass had some kind of justification in-game, but couldn't actually come up with one.

(side note: boy it sure is absurd that people are complaining about both extreme ends and not the middle ground ones, how weird! that definitely doesn't just make sense from a feedback perspective!)

Edited by OvisCaedo

I think some of these tasks are aimed at new players.

I often play on low level missions to chat to new players and I often get asked things such as how to farm resources at low levels and how I got up to that ledge. Basic stuff.

I think the locker task helps to push new players into discovering just how much stuff they can get in a mission by exploring, before they have access to loot frames like Nekros and before they can do long survivals.

I think the bullet jump task is to help new players firstly realise that it even exists and, secondly, to practise it.

I believe these to be the case because they are only 1000 point tasks and there is no barrier to doing them unlike, say a kuva survival.

Thinking about it, even tasks like "Kill x with y element" is for new players because it makes them realise you can mix base elements to make corrosive or radiation.

It's almost like they added a tutorial to the game but not one that tells you what to do, but instead helps you ask good questions.

Edited by Hamstertron
Kuva survival comparison

1 hour ago, OvisCaedo said:

It's fine for some to be easy, but... A lot of the easy ones just make the utter lack of context for nightwaves feel even more absurd than it already does as a baseline. They present it as if it's tied to this slowly unraveling story, but... it... very very clearly has NOTHING to do with it, in even the slightest capacity. It feels like they just felt obligated to pretend their battlepass had some kind of justification in-game, but couldn't actually come up with one.

(side note: boy it sure is absurd that people are complaining about both extreme ends and not the middle ground ones, how weird! that definitely doesn't just make sense from a feedback perspective!)

Here, let me help you out... 

So some of our dreamers have been wondering why we are being asked to do these little things. By doing these tasks from basic to elite, capturing the escapees and even occasionally bumping heads with the Wolf himself, we're systematically showing that we can, that we are a threat to his current objective.

We show that we are mobile enough, adaptable enough, can kill enough, can finance ourselves, can collect the resources needed, can run any mission against any enemy and most of all, that we will stop at nothing to bring him in if he poses a threat to the solar system under our protection. 

Whatever his aim, whatever he wants to do, he's got to deal with us. If he'd come to us and said 'we seek protection and succour' we'd probably have taken them in. But instead he's waging a private war, upsetting the fragile balance, and putting us all in danger when quite frankly we have bigger things that we should be focusing on right now, like figuring out wtf is going on with the Sentients and how many of them we're going to need to kill this time. 

So keep at it, Dreamer, because that big bad Wolf is going to have to recognise who the big dogs are in this here junkyard. And if he doesn't want to step lightly when we're on the prowl, we'll send him packing with his tail between his legs, wishing he was back in that old prison, hidden safe and deep. But if he comes to us and asks to run in our pack, we will be the ones to show him how to hunt his quarry, and run them to ground.

And everyone, every single being will know that when the Tenno howl, we Howl with one resounding voice, and those who hear it better be on the right side, because we're following a scent and we're out for blood

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

You take that back!

I felt ULTRA badass after opening those lockers! :tongue:

At least the "kill 150 enemies with abilities" was somewhat tricky. Did 3 missions and lockers & enemies yielded very few energy orbs, so it was tough to spam abilities.

A bit of Ember's World on Fire and a casual stroll through Earth works wonders for that. Or play Saryn in Sanctuary. SPORES. SPORES EVERYWHERE!

43 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

ah, of course, the wolf is sure to be intimidated when he hears that we deployed a glyph in a hallway once

It's called "marking our territory". 

Hundreds of thousands of us would have done it all at the same time. It would have been a hard for him to miss. Although some of us seem to have missed that part in the rush to see who could be the most cynical. But hey, do you, Tenno. 👍