Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community have any Ephemera ideas?

Zahnrad

I'm curious as to see what potential this new line of cosmetics may have and to see if there's any ideas for them already.

Here's the 6 Ephemera's we currently have https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Ephemera EDIT: We have more than 6 Ephemeras now, and since this thread keeps getting revived every once in a while (I have absolutely no problem with that as I like checking new suggestions) I feel I should update it to reflect that, I'd rather not dedicate myself to tracking all Ephemeras so I see this as a simple solution

I'd probably go for a "Fluttering Body" or something, with Titania's razorwings.

EDIT: Thought I'd include DE's preview of the current Ephemeras from the 24.4.0 thread, located in the spoiler below

Spoiler

Edited by Zahnny
  • Like 2

I think I'd want to see a corrosive/toxic footstep ephemera. Something like leaving acidic burns on the floor with some fumes coming off.
Maybe a radiation based one using the style of the new melee elemental effect?

For something slightly more unique, how about Eidolon based footsteps. Leave behind small pools that have the Eidolon style energy tendrils coming off of them. Might even be able to make a body version of that and just have the energy tendrils fade in and out in random places.

Some infested ones sounds like a good idea. Could use effects based off some of Nidus's stuff to make those. For a body one you could use the spore-swarm type things you see in infested missions.

Going with the afterimage idea, we could also do a body Ephemera that leaves a full speed trail behind you. Probably want to make it short duration so it wont hang out much unless you're moving decently fast.

Now that I'm thinking about it, it would be cool if we could get an Ephemera-like slot on melee weapons to give them unique effect/trails that would override the elemental effect.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV
  • Like 3

The ephs I wouldnt mind would be blood (either drips or looking like you've dragged a body), void (shiny golden footsteps), cosmic (black with glittering stars in them, similar to shaper maps in Path of Exile), oil, water, radiation (similar to sortie radiation clouds, but small and footprint looking), some of them could resemble a snail trail. I could also see more fun and cheerful things, like a rabbit, frog or small cat following you.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Why not every effect from the Dojo atmospherics?...I would love the falling fog or rain..or even plasma cloud coming out of my chest

tbh I wish we had a setting in the Plains to make the rain more visible. It exists in Captura anyway.

a few ideas:

Smoking - a smoke trail that follows you

Cryo - straight up look like Mr Freeze with liquid Nitrogen effects!

Shadows - a trail of small, ghostly projections of enemy skeletons, reaching upwards as if they are being dragged to hell.. would look awesome on a Nekros.

Puddle - an effect that makes it look like stepping in water, rippling outwards.

Crush - an effect where every footstep seems to crack and break the ground. perfect for Rhino or Hildryn!

Grofit - you drop credits with every step (only a visual effect ofc). combine with your best Corpus or Orokin fashionframe to show how loaded you are!

Ki'teer - get Baro in on this, he can offer one where each step makes the Void Trader symbol.

Kinesis - as you walk, debris on the ground starts rising up behind you, than falls down, a testament to your psychic abilities, ideal for Nyx!

Animal - kavat/Kubrow pawprints left behind, for the animal-loving Tenno!

Clem - Clem's adorable expression follow you as you embrace the Dakka! :clem: 

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7
  • Like 8

On 2019-03-15 at 9:01 AM, Corvid said:

I'd kinda like to see an "Afterimage" ephemera, where every half second or so you leave behind a spectral duplicate of yourself that quickly fades away.

Ooh, like Alucard from Castlevania Symphony of the Night? That'd be rad

I was thinking rainbows, something with Rainbows. Like a rainbow trail like from Rainbow Unicorn Attack or something. 

Would crespecular rays be possible? Like beams of light coming down on your frame? Could probably cheat by making the beams *come from the frame* but have it look like they're shining onto the frame

• Like 1