Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does the community have any Ephemera ideas?

Zahnny

Void Ephemera: you're surrounded by that void nebula effect you see with void-related stuff. Requires a greater lens of any school to craft.

Voidwalk Ephemera: steps leave behind a miniature convergence orb. Requires a regular lens of any school.

Riftbound Ephemera: a 50% transparency effect ripples across your body, causing you to be slightly see-through. Has 1% chance to drop in addition to regular drops whenever you beat a boss using Limbo.

Riftbound Step Ephemera: A small cataclysm effect is left behind from steps. Has a 1% chance to drop in addition to regular drops whenever you kill a regular enemy using Limbo (detects if you possess it or the blueprint, will not duplicate).

(Those two because you can't reaquire Limbo components to use to make it)

Voltaic Lance/Rime Vault/Searing Leap/Venomous rise Ephemera: Conclave exilus mods are converted into these and acquired in the same manner as they are now. Available only though Conclave as before.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, [DE]Drew said:

*takes notes*

Great ideas in this thread. 

Can the Ephemeras behave as entities following the player? Would be great having a small dust devil/tornado following the player or Orbiting around them as a Zephyr Ephemera. ❤️

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

Could we get the corrupted golden glow thing metallic color when an enemy is taken by void fissure... And maybe the glowing effect you get when you get 10 void orbs... Both look kinda cool... Although the glowing effect could lead to confusion, as it's a sign and feedback in the void relic unlocking.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

Holographic body image: the warframe fade in and out with glitches.
DBZ aura: yeah don't need to explain
Floating fireballs orbiting the warframe. Or other energy constructs spinning around the warframe.
Does it have to be foot trails? Maybe lightning strikes behind the tenno or eruptions going off.
Just for titania, I want a glitter trail. Tinker Bell style.

1 hour ago, [DE]Drew said:

*takes notes*

Great ideas in this thread. 

Hands sticking out of ground like the dead as you walk

Sword sticking out of ground..

Frankly the bleeding one should be either blood trails or blood dripping... but not the gel like droppings we having now.

• Like 2

A few ideas:

- wing ephemera: manifest void energy wings on bullet jump

- elemental ephemeras: constant auras of fire, ice, lightning and toxin but much bigger and more badass

- gun based ephemeras: sonic boom vfx, hit vfx, custom muzzle flashes

- damage ephemeras: melt vfx on enemies killed, explosive goring, etc

- aureole ephemeras: orbiting vfx around the frame or around the head

In general, take inspiration from path of exile paid cosmetics. 

• Like 1

I really like the blood ephemera... well the idea behind it.

I was expecting blood would be dripping from your body in very small amounts and maybe even leaving a trail of blood akin to a horror movie. Instead we got less-than-blood looking blobs of red goo falling in a unimmersive way from parts of your body that dont even look connected to your warframe. Revamp pls?

Anyway, I have a couple ideas for ephemeras that are relatively lore-friendly.

1. A 'space' ephemera where your steps would leave little pockets in space.
https://youtu.be/sceXI_Qyyxo?t=45

A good example of what I'm thinking about is shown in that video from gw2.

2. A void ephemera that creates little randomized instances of the white, tree like plant found in the void and on the orokin direlect when you step. This could be rewarded for doing for example a 3hour fissure on the void.

• Like 1

One thing I'd like to see, if it's not already a thing because I've seen so few ephemera in action, would be to have a bigger or more intense effect for foot ephemera on jumping and landing.

Lotus petals body effect - basically Warframe themed cherry blossom petals that trail off behind you.

same as above but metallic, because it doesn't seem the engine supports that as a customizable property and I think it would look cool.

Leaf body effect - much like the petals, but larger and less numerous

Falling dust/sand body

Pixie dust body effect - falling dust but make it sparkly

Firefly body - glowing motes of light that drift around semi-randomly before fading away.

Dripping water body - If possible. The current blood effect has me in doubt on this one honestly. I'd like to see one that looks more like it's running off the warframe and not some huge globs of low gravity stuff.

Cephalon datascape body - trail of those trapezoid shapes that are often shown with cephalon's data type stuff.

Cephalon datascape foot - same as above, but placed on the ground.

Ripple footprints - some distortion plus a ring of color. Make the color focused enough that intense colors could go well with Octavia's sound-rings. When muted it could go well with Banshee and possibly Hydroid as a pseudo water ripple effect.

Splash footprints - makes a small splash like walking in shallow water and leaves behind a wet patch for a short time.

Muddy footprints - distinct footprints with some extra mud outside the actual print.

Loose change - footprints that leave single credit chips behind. Not able to be picked up.

Distinguished wealth - body effect that has doucats falling off behind you. If possible have them be able to bounce off the ground before fading away, otherwise just fade before they reach the ground.

Edited by TinFoilMkIV
  • Like 1

Valentine trail - little hearts are created on each footstep and float for a few seconds, slowly dissolving in a smoky billow (energy color fades from primary to secondary). Subject to environmental wind.

Floof crumbs - little mini floofs fall from the tenno's pockets and make squishy sounds, fade after a few seconds. Can be kicked around - they squish again when doing so. Player can choose random floofs - from all he has collected - or a specific one.

Fart ephemera - triggers when the player crouches rather than walks, makes arbitrary fart sounds and clouds. Idle frames and Moas protect their noses and make other gestures of disgust.

Jackson ephemera - every now and then a ghostly copy of the frame will be left behind and pose on of the signatuer dance moves from MJ.

Janus Ephemera - leaves a trail of Vor holograms each with a sentence of his Void gospel, each with a different pose of Vor and/or the Janus key.

Edited by BrazilianJoe