Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

8 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Floor timer doors, like the little ayatan teasure pressure plates, theres a pair at opposite ends of a long hallway with twin spinny doom lasers & ice strips.

And all that yeah, more efficient, if you have the time to focus on the effort, have the plat for boosters, get lucky & get one as an offering.

Alerts werent perfect, but are you really going to tell me its better not to have it at all? not even a chance for improvement just gone, this is a better solution?

Sorry but I'd call BS, less is not more here, it was better to at least have the option to do the alert system vs dedicated farming, which is all we have now. And again was open to everyone.

No one locked out, if you could get there or taxied then survive or be carried, you got rewards, also you forgot the Mods offered on random alerts, may be annoyingly random, but I'd rather HAVE the chance than not, but if you really wanted it yeah you could go get it, but if it popped on alert LUCKY day.

And all of those were instant gratification, one weekend spent doing just alerts could net more materials in a single day than anyone can get in 2 weeks doing NW, & dont forget, you get the rewards from the map too.

Again both could work so well in tandem.

You don't need boosters. 6-10 tellurium on Ophelia for 20-30 minutes of farming without boosters. 500+ Oxium for 20 minutes of farming without a booster. 

The problem people have is they see everything laid out in the store and they want it all. Whereas alerts were drip-fed to and you only saw what was currently on the alerts. 90% of alerts were trash. This system is better. 

This is open to everyone. Alerts were locked and required taxis and being carried for newer players. Now they don't need that to do the Nightwave. it is more balanced.

Hopefully, the rare mods that were on alerts will pop up in the store on rare occasions.

I call bullS#&$ on your one weekend. The majority of your weekend of materials would come from the mission drops, not the alerts. And you still get those drops. They are not gone from the game.

And again this is just another "I want it all now because I can see it all" complaint.

No this is more I want them to WORK on their systems instead of just sweeping it under the rug & going for a half a$$ed attempt at filling the void they themselves created due to whatever lunacy brought this self inflicted head wound on, and tell me how accessible gilding kit & zaws are for the players who started a few weeks back? thats a block, no one can bypass it, no taxi, no help, but grind grind grind only way around it is through it & that is rep farm limit locked.

And I said to include the missions map rewards WITH the Alerts rewards, yes that is wholly true & to say otherwise WOULD have been foolish, right there at the end, so no problem if ya missed it, I tend to get VERY verbose & prone to text walls, sorry.

Id rather play with MORE means of acquiring materials than less & have room for improvements that could really be something amazing if implemented properly, simple yeah?

I really hope they do better on the next NW, i am wholly willing to give them a chance to fix this & improve it, but given their current behavior this worries me that no improvements will come at all & that theyll just continue this trend.

I have just about everything I really need & want, luckily I had a few years of alerts on PC before my PC committed seppuku with the power supply & had a massive stock of materials, except nitain, that sh!t didnt exist when I stopped.

Again I'm more worried about DEs playbook on content, players dropping the game I love while simple solutions could remedy it if they just WORK ON IT instead of trying to just shove this kind of stuff down their players throats without questioning what theyre doing.

Playing on switch ive seen alot of names I used to see regularly drop off, I see people complaining about jot being able to even participate in this new mode with any zeal because theres no telling if theyre efforts will pay off, because a bad week of crappy challenges or 2 and any effort before hand is relegated to time wasted that could be spent farming materials, forma boosting or just jamming with friends.

Thats one reason I even bother coming & posting in this thread despite the previous 30 some odd pages being filled with vitrol & seeing the Law of the internet at work. Survival of the wittiest.

I HOPE they read this feedback, despite all this, I WANT the game to improve, but it wont happen if they keep doing stuff like this to their players & hope everything works out & that we'll just lap it all up like good littlen consumer zombies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

No this is more I want them to WORK on their systems instead of just sweeping it under the rug & going for a half a$$ed attempt at filling the void they themselves created due to whatever lunacy brought this self inflicted head wound on, and tell me how accessible gilding kit & zaws are for the players who started a few weeks back? thats a block, no one can bypass it, no taxi, no help, but grind grind grind only way around it is through it & that is rep farm limit locked.

I agree with you on this. always have. any inventory check task as people have labelled them does not fit in Nightwave. And I think they already heard us on this. We'll know in 10 hours if they haven't, if they put more into this week's tasks.

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

And I said to include the missions map rewards WITH the Alerts rewards, yes that is wholly true & to say otherwise WOULD have been foolish, right there at the end, so no problem if ya missed it, I tend to get VERY verbose & prone to text walls, sorry.

Your wording implied that you thought you didn't get the resource drops doing nightwave.

I would not be against Oxium and Tellurium appearing in the nightwave store every few weeks. But the common junk resources that appeared in the majority of alerts are not needed.

19 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

l) current system....you mean nightwave? Nightwave doesnt put out alerts for this, you either have to get it as a reward or spend all of your wolf creds on them. Under the old alert system, it never lasted even a full day. I would know, as this game is all I do in my free time, and have spent the past several months playing every day, almost all day, or night.....ect. Basically, aside from work, i have all the time in the world so I would've noticed if even one of these lasted for more than a day. The quickest I've seen one go by was like, 30 minutes because so many people did it at the same time. That's a horribly broken system.

....especially when those happen only once a week, or less. I remember not ever seeing an alert for a reactor or catalyst for a couple months, even while playing a good 6 hours or more each day, at varying times. Of course they were there and happened, but i missed them because of how broken this system is/was/will continue to be, if they bring old alerts back.

Emphasis added. 

9 hours ago, IllogicalLogic420 said:

5) Okay yeah

Yeah I wasn't around during the weekends much, so I missed them all for a while.

We have very different definitions of "every day" 😁

But yeah, those gifts of the Lotus are really important to us as players. My mouth started watering when I saw them as cred store offerings even with the little stockpile I have built up. But I still think that a lot of stuff in the cred store needs rebalancing for the new players.

Maybe for the next season, they can put one more umbral forma in there at almost whatever the amount of creds we could possibly get from maxing out the prestige levels say up to rank 40 or something, so the vets can have something to grind for and spend their creds on. (And something to whine about as well.) 

• Like 1

Aye you get the resources, but often times they come with time, like the sabotage cache hunts, that takes a chunk of time for a moderate rep gain & has to be repeated 3x to merit the rep gain, before NW, the only reason to EVER willingly undergo this task was for the 60/60 Electricity mods which I would say as per plat costs is a VERY worthwhile task if you really wanna make some plat, I also agree that yes NW does work in certain regards, your earning just by participating & doing what you would normally be doing if no alerts were up or you finished them all until they came back around. So for all intents its just prolonged down time from alert runs.

But again, a single days worth of good luck on Alerts could invalidate the weeks NW standing gains & the effort involved in some of these with base exception of material earned because of having to run a single mission 3xs, but once its done, its done, nothing more comes like that, so lets call it an alert repeated 3xs in a single day, same with the other few 3k & 5k runs, thats it for the week, after those are done, all there is is the farming, forma, lotus gifts a Daily & random fire belching goons.

A weeks worth of the worst alert rewards like just nanospore, poly bundles & maybe 1 nitain for the week, would still by sheer virtue of its random & repeat nature merit A more plentiful & varied loot horde than a week of NW, some of which you may not be able to do at all due to a rep cap limit, glitch, time constraints, personal conduct, (some folks really dont dig friending for profit, this just doesnt seem right to do, or to capitulate to doing it for an arbitrary carrot on the end of a stick, just an oddball that way.)

I'd say throw those bundles in place of the emote & sigil rewards, let folks pick a faction resource bundle, like fieldron & corpus weapons materials, grineer & infested, or outright credit option. Then leave the event goodies purchasable with wolf creds, theyre vanity projects & I am pretty sure ill end up spending my wolf creds on taters exclusively, but if the bobble, wolf salute & the syndana were up for wolf creds, I'd consider the emote a value due to its function & symbolism of been there did that, like when I use Eyes of blight sigil on my Helminth charger.

Vanity projects should be a choice, not a reward when theres resources people need & would save just a little time grind farming & instead get that next weapon, frame, ship or so on crafted, then they go out to level it up, more play less work.

I got my first amp yesterday finished off cetus whisp farming on lotus alert mission. Maxed up amp and went to gild it..i went to fortuna..2 more faction levels needed.. Went cetus...only needed 1 more faction level. 3 to 5 more eidolon kills and  it will take week at least cause at mr 7 i can only 8k faction a day and i was only halfway through..then i remembered. This was a weekly nightwave challenge lol.

Overall i have made it to tier 16 in nightwave. Bought two reactors 15 nitain and a catalyst ...not really missing alerts...lotus alerts still pop up and we got those event lotus missions.

I would like to see some of the challenges that are faction related made as seasonal

10 hours ago, Kajin_Style said:

All I would like is the weekly challenges to not expire until the entire thing is over. I don't think that is too much to ask right? The dailies can expire but those weeklies can be rough to complete with so much going on. Events everywhere! Barely get time to focus on weapons or frames (aka getting more and forma-ing up). If the weeklies the pressure to complete all nightwave stuff wouldn't be there and I can do it more casually while working on content I want to focus on. Not content I fear I'll miss out due to a timer.

yeah, removing the expiration would really solve a lot of problems.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Tatakai no Kami said:

The rewards bought with Wolf Creds are better than the Alert system. 

Yeah so this statement just isnt true while the tier rewards are better, the wolf cred offering is literally what was in alerts so definitely not better than what alerts offered. The only things in cred offerings that weren't in alert are a few new weapon skins and the wolf ornament; also technically alerts offered more stuff cuz they also offered on top of the curent cred offerings: all resources, void traces, kavat dna, kubrow eggs, forma blueprints, random mods including nightmare mods, and of course credits. 

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

A weeks worth of the worst alert rewards like just nanospore, poly bundles & maybe 1 nitain for the week, would still by sheer virtue of its random & repeat nature merit A more plentiful & varied loot horde than a week of NW, some of which you may not be able to do at all due to a rep cap limit, glitch, time constraints, personal conduct, (some folks really dont dig friending for profit, this just doesnt seem right to do, or to capitulate to doing it for an arbitrary carrot on the end of a stick, just an oddball that way.)

A lot of what you said I don't have any significant issues with. But this one was deeply flawed. 

Yes the alerts were going to give you varied loot, but that randomness is still the problem. It was all luck of the draw. Under the current system if I need oxium I can try to do the challenges in places that reward me with oxium. If I need tellurium I can try to pick those locations for the challenges. And at the end of the day I'll still get a buttload of nitain for doing the missions that give me the most advantage. 

On 2019-04-06 at 8:17 PM, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Uh.. Each and every single one of the things you say people would rather be doing, was a challenge in Nightwave. 

We get focus from grinding in the Sanctuary or killing enemies, both have featured multiple times. We had to explicitly open relics, and I think that we got "run x capture/spy/rescue/whatever missions" (ie the sort of missions that we do to open relics) more than once. We've had to explicitly do the index. We had to apply 3 forma, and gild a modular weapon, both of which involve leveling something.  

Do I want to open 3 caches in a sabotage mission? No. Do I want to do the lua challeng? No. Do I want to do 1 hour kuva survival? no.

If you put these missions in nightwave, I am just gonna complete the one I want or easy, but there are about 10 of those. more than half of the challenges are something people won't usually do, or don't want to do.

Also, my point was saying if you have the pay to skip content option then DE would understand the mindset of the community. Like they are collecting data of most used and least used warframe for their feedback.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, (PS4)ArcAvenger89 said:

Yeah so this statement just isnt true while the tier rewards are better, the wolf cred offering is literally what was in alerts so definitely not better than what alerts offered. The only things in cred offerings that weren't in alert are a few new weapon skins and the wolf ornament; also technically alerts offered more stuff cuz they also offered on top of the curent cred offerings: all resources, void traces, kavat dna, kubrow eggs, forma blueprints, random mods including nightmare mods, and of course credits. 

Premade potatoes, More nitain than you can earn in a week without giving up sleep and your job. These are better.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Aye you get the resources, but often times they come with time, like the sabotage cache hunts, that takes a chunk of time for a moderate rep gain & has to be repeated 3x to merit the rep gain, before NW, the only reason to EVER willingly undergo this task was for the 60/60 Electricity mods which I would say as per plat costs is a VERY worthwhile task if you really wanna make some plat, I also agree that yes NW does work in certain regards, your earning just by participating & doing what you would normally be doing if no alerts were up or you finished them all until they came back around. So for all intents its just prolonged down time from alert runs.

I'm cheap, I just solo earth Sabotage with loot detector and animal instinct on a max range Limbo. 5 minutes or less per run.

Given about 20 pages back someone was pointing out new players don't often have elemental mods. The spy and sabotage runs that can drop them are good for them to get those mods for the kill with element tasks.

1 hour ago, justin0620 said:

Do I want to open 3 caches in a sabotage mission? No. Do I want to do the lua challeng? No. Do I want to do 1 hour kuva survival? no.

Then perhaps consider skipping them, or teaming up with people who are willing to do it so that you don't have to do it all on your own. Skipping individual challenges has always been an option. It was built in to the system. We're at the end of 6 weeks and quite a few people are either done or almost done with rank 30. If they can skip 3 to 4 whole weeks, there's no reason to fear skipping a couple of challenges every week. 

If you put these missions in nightwave, I am just gonna complete the one I want or easy, but there are about 10 of those. more than half of the challenges are something people won't usually do, or don't want to do.

Oh but people do these things all the time. That sabotage one gets you mods which often sell like hot cakes. Same as the Lua one. 

And realistically if you find yourself hating 10 out of the 17 challenges each week, you might want to ask yourself if you actually enjoy playing the game, and if so what you enjoy so you can suggest that they add more of those in the future. 

Also, my point was saying if you have the pay to skip content option then DE would understand the mindset of the community. Like they are collecting data of most used and least used warframe for their feedback.

The same goes for the challenges we skip. Pay2win isn't required for them to keep track of how many people complete any given challenge from week to week. All it would really tell anyone is "how many people are willing and able, to buy the rewards instead of playing the game for them". So I'm afraid that I don't agree with the point that you were trying to make. 

Again an entire mode is GONE in this exchange, the randomness is no less evident in the challenges that come each week, we have no more an idea now what craziness they feel will be acceptable as challenges & enough challenges missed due to intense distaste of the activity required to garner the rep.

It all still only lasts a single week to earn this stuff, until the next batch the next week, Alerts were a constant, always on, always shifting always random, always achievable unless you cant stand asking for help, that was the biggest limiting factor short of having the story mode unlocks available, Alerts were always accesable to every player at all times.

I think NW is far less forgiving on players than the Alerts system was, missing out due to randomness of time vs the randomness that youll be able to not have your efforts rendered meaningless by a week or 2 of just shrugging off what a given player doesnt want to do or is unable to do.

NW transfers the proverbial "blame" onto the players direct effort & not the system or the developers, you've heard their explanations as well as I, "only need so much to get everything, so you have no excuse not to get that except being a lazy player now right"

Thats not right shifting responsibility like that, thats what they do with exercise stuff, weight loss & pyramid schemes, they sell people on a system that the only reason you fail is because you didnt "Invest yourself enough in the product" "not our fault!, "we gave you everything you need to accomplish your goal" meanwhile they still have your money & have no shortage of people filling their wallets in the hope that this system will work & make things better for them.

Then again i can easily accept that I'm reading more into this than is there, but thats just how this is starting to feel, like I'm going to be punished & denied because what I play this game for "entertainment" can cause me to lose out on essential materials, or interesting items & so forth, simply because I dont feel the effort to garner my desired reward is worth the aggervation, because to do otherwise would be no different than getting called into work on your day off, but this is your entertainment doing this to you.

That DOES put the blame on me for why I may not get that Umbra forma, because I want to be amused, distracted from my usual pressing concerns & obligations & seeking a release from these very real issues for a brief time, only to have a count down timer attached to the mediums main reward & progression system that you cant avoid, shut off, or not participate in.

I could accept not getting the end reward here, because I was late to the show(still sucks no less for newbs but it is whatnit is), missed a few weeks because my plane crashed in the tropics & rescue took some time, to just being overworked & slept way too much.

But i am less forgiving being told im not "invested" enough in the system to fake friend people along with all the other gripes ive mentioned, gets ones dander up it does.

Just came back to this thread after another (short) break from warframe and i'm not surprised it's still going. Every aspect of it. And i just wanted to point out something i read a few pages back while catching up (sorry, don't remember your name), and i checked it and it's sad but true:

Because many (mostly new players) can't (or don't want to) participate in nightwave and do the challenges, the prices for basically all aura mods doubled, some even tripled. So if you have some wolf creds, lets say 50, you can buy 2 aura mods, for example energy siphon (which is at 30 plat right now according to nexushub.co, was at 10-15 before nightwave). Selling them to those players gives you enough plat to easily buy 3 orokin reactors or catalysts (yes, also build) - which perversely cost 75 wolf creds each!

First of all, this looks like a "the rich get richer" theme, and also shows that something is fundamentally broken with this system.

• Like 1

Nightwave is burning me out. The great thing about Warframe is you can just not play when you aren't feeling it and then come back when you are... until Nightwave. Alerts come and go yeah, but they also come again. Now I'm feeling burnt out from that Orb Valis fracture event and normally I'd just take a couple weeks off and come back refreshed but Nightwave is making me keep playing when I don't want to. Every mission I do while burned out burns me out more. There's gonna come a time when I just quit this game in the next few weeks. It won't be the first time I've quit a game because of daily/weekly requirements. I'd probably have already quit if I hadn't put $50 into the game literally days before I felt the burnout.

• Like 1

I'm 100%-ing Nightwave thus far and I've barely gotten enough Cred to do anything meaningful - I can't imagine how hard it must be for new players to catch up on basic stuff right now. Creds being such a chokepoint feels like an oversight more than a deliberate attempt to alter the tempo and progress of rewards.

I hope the same mindset behind the excellent recent Plains of Eidolon updates and pet changes - more carrot, less stick - will be applied to the next Nightwave series!

I don't wanna come off as too pissed off about this, although I am.

>Fully socket 3 ayatan sculptures

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

Edited by DeltaPangaea

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then perhaps consider skipping them, or teaming up with people who are willing to do it so that you don't have to do it all on your own. Skipping individual challenges has always been an option. It was built in to the system. We're at the end of 6 weeks and quite a few people are either done or almost done with rank 30. If they can skip 3 to 4 whole weeks, there's no reason to fear skipping a couple of challenges every week. 

I have skipped the first week, and I feel like the earlier I have complete this the better.

54 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I don't wanna come off as too pissed off about this, although I am.

>Fully socket 3 ayatan sculptures

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

Didn't they acknowledge that those were terrible and say they were being removed?

I have nothing left to forma, too. LOL

Of course they drop it just after i put a 3rd forma on parasesis, damn it, good thing I need to boost arca plasmor up for better index butchery too.

Still if they said they considered it crap & wouldnt do it again pr would do something to ease that i wouldnt mind seeing that & posting it RIGHT HERE in their official feedback thread with a big WTF! would have me laughing for a good 4-5 minutes & be an excellent Mic drop moment to call out DE on.

1 hour ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too.

AGAIN?? Damnit, I just Forma'd a Kitgun this morning and that was using the last of the Forma I unlocked on NW two weeks back! Time to run MORE Fissures then...I'm starting to wonder if 1 Umbral Forma and some cosmetics are REALLY worth this.

Well, at least I've learned that there's now an unwritten rule that if you want the shiny that NW has to offer, don't do anything unless NW specifically tells you to do it. Otherwise, you're wasting precious time.

• Like 2