[DE]Bear

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

Again an entire mode is GONE in this exchange, the randomness is no less evident in the challenges that come each week, we have no more an idea now what craziness they feel will be acceptable as challenges & enough challenges missed due to intense distaste of the activity required to garner the rep.

It all still only lasts a single week to earn this stuff, until the next batch the next week, Alerts were a constant, always on, always shifting always random, always achievable unless you cant stand asking for help, that was the biggest limiting factor short of having the story mode unlocks available, Alerts were always accesable to every player at all times.

I think NW is far less forgiving on players than the Alerts system was, missing out due to randomness of time vs the randomness that youll be able to not have your efforts rendered meaningless by a week or 2 of just shrugging off what a given player doesnt want to do or is unable to do.

NW transfers the proverbial "blame" onto the players direct effort & not the system or the developers, you've heard their explanations as well as I, "only need so much to get everything, so you have no excuse not to get that except being a lazy player now right"

Thats not right shifting responsibility like that, thats what they do with exercise stuff, weight loss & pyramid schemes, they sell people on a system that the only reason you fail is because you didnt "Invest yourself enough in the product" "not our fault!, "we gave you everything you need to accomplish your goal" meanwhile they still have your money & have no shortage of people filling their wallets in the hope that this system will work & make things better for them.

Then again i can easily accept that I'm reading more into this than is there, but thats just how this is starting to feel, like I'm going to be punished & denied because what I play this game for "entertainment" can cause me to lose out on essential materials, or interesting items & so forth, simply because I dont feel the effort to garner my desired reward is worth the aggervation, because to do otherwise would be no different than getting called into work on your day off, but this is your entertainment doing this to you.

That DOES put the blame on me for why I may not get that Umbra forma, because I want to be amused, distracted from my usual pressing concerns & obligations & seeking a release from these very real issues for a brief time, only to have a count down timer attached to the mediums main reward & progression system that you cant avoid, shut off, or not participate in.

I could accept not getting the end reward here, because I was late to the show(still sucks no less for newbs but it is whatnit is), missed a few weeks because my plane crashed in the tropics & rescue took some time, to just being overworked & slept way too much.

But i am less forgiving being told im not "invested" enough in the system to fake friend people along with all the other gripes ive mentioned, gets ones dander up it does.

• Applause 3
  • Upvote 4

Just came back to this thread after another (short) break from warframe and i'm not surprised it's still going. Every aspect of it. And i just wanted to point out something i read a few pages back while catching up (sorry, don't remember your name), and i checked it and it's sad but true:

Because many (mostly new players) can't (or don't want to) participate in nightwave and do the challenges, the prices for basically all aura mods doubled, some even tripled. So if you have some wolf creds, lets say 50, you can buy 2 aura mods, for example energy siphon (which is at 30 plat right now according to nexushub.co, was at 10-15 before nightwave). Selling them to those players gives you enough plat to easily buy 3 orokin reactors or catalysts (yes, also build) - which perversely cost 75 wolf creds each!

First of all, this looks like a "the rich get richer" theme, and also shows that something is fundamentally broken with this system.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 5

Nightwave is burning me out. The great thing about Warframe is you can just not play when you aren't feeling it and then come back when you are... until Nightwave. Alerts come and go yeah, but they also come again. Now I'm feeling burnt out from that Orb Valis fracture event and normally I'd just take a couple weeks off and come back refreshed but Nightwave is making me keep playing when I don't want to. Every mission I do while burned out burns me out more. There's gonna come a time when I just quit this game in the next few weeks. It won't be the first time I've quit a game because of daily/weekly requirements. I'd probably have already quit if I hadn't put $50 into the game literally days before I felt the burnout.

• Like 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 7

I'm 100%-ing Nightwave thus far and I've barely gotten enough Cred to do anything meaningful - I can't imagine how hard it must be for new players to catch up on basic stuff right now. Creds being such a chokepoint feels like an oversight more than a deliberate attempt to alter the tempo and progress of rewards.

I hope the same mindset behind the excellent recent Plains of Eidolon updates and pet changes - more carrot, less stick - will be applied to the next Nightwave series!

• Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

I don't wanna come off as too pissed off about this, although I am.

>Fully socket 3 ayatan sculptures

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

Edited by DeltaPangaea
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Then perhaps consider skipping them, or teaming up with people who are willing to do it so that you don't have to do it all on your own. Skipping individual challenges has always been an option. It was built in to the system. We're at the end of 6 weeks and quite a few people are either done or almost done with rank 30. If they can skip 3 to 4 whole weeks, there's no reason to fear skipping a couple of challenges every week. 

I have skipped the first week, and I feel like the earlier I have complete this the better.

Posted (edited)

Inserted two forms, none counted. Released into the game, tried to insert, counted, but what you inserted before the rerun is not. Sadness

Edited by Art_Elleys
  • Like 1

you still have the balls to keep the forma challenge
de staff are obiously obilivious to the community and only listen to warframe partners

• Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, DeltaPangaea said:

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

Didn't they acknowledge that those were terrible and say they were being removed?

I have nothing left to forma, too. LOL

• Upvote 3

Of course they drop it just after i put a 3rd forma on parasesis, damn it, good thing I need to boost arca plasmor up for better index butchery too.

Still if they said they considered it crap & wouldnt do it again pr would do something to ease that i wouldnt mind seeing that & posting it RIGHT HERE in their official feedback thread with a big WTF! would have me laughing for a good 4-5 minutes & be an excellent Mic drop moment to call out DE on.

• Upvote 2

Laughs in teir 30 but seriously if DE can change 40 waves of defence why not change the ayatan treasure 1 when they specifically mention they are going to change that? This is extremely weird.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too.

AGAIN?? Damnit, I just Forma'd a Kitgun this morning and that was using the last of the Forma I unlocked on NW two weeks back! Time to run MORE Fissures then...I'm starting to wonder if 1 Umbral Forma and some cosmetics are REALLY worth this.

Well, at least I've learned that there's now an unwritten rule that if you want the shiny that NW has to offer, don't do anything unless NW specifically tells you to do it. Otherwise, you're wasting precious time.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

AGAIN?? Damnit, I just Forma'd a Kitgun this morning and that was using the last of the Forma I unlocked on NW two weeks back! Time to run MORE Fissures then...I'm starting to wonder if 1 Umbral Forma and some cosmetics are REALLY worth this.

Well, at least I've learned that there's now an unwritten rule that if you want the shiny that NW has to offer, don't do anything unless NW specifically tells you to do it. Otherwise, you're wasting precious time.

umbra forma isnt really worth it unless you like to minmax builds

• Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Luckily I’m already at rank 30, so the “forma 3 things” can blow out its own butt.

That being said, screw the sortie one too.

• Satisfied 1
  • Applause 2

3 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

That's not all:

PC's mining challenge was changed to 6 rare gems or ores, whereas console is still gems-only. Worse yet, the sortie challenge didn't change for consoles - PC gets to do 3, console still has to do 5.

• Upvote 1

LMAO of course we get a polarize challenge after I polarize all my sentinels to fit Primed Animal Instinct. Thanks, DE hahahahuhu

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

I'll have to say, Nightwave has been pretty strongly encouraging me not to "do things" unless they're the current acts of the week... otherwise I'd be wasting my precious resources (like Ayatan treasures, Forma, Modulars that I have yet to build/gild) ... it's a pretty huge dis-incentive to actually play the game like I want to.

Plus, while I'd like to go leveling low level frames with low level weapons (to get the most affinity out of my time) I recently built (Saryn Prime, Nyx, + more)... every time I have tried, mr. wolf (or his over-powered-compared to my lowbie leveling gear, fugitive underlings) pops up to ruin my fun... and when I want to fight the big bad wolf, he's not around. I know it's just one death and move on, but it feels annoying, and I don't like being bullied, so blech. No fun, not gonna bother.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
(not only wolf, but his underlings)
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

Complete 5 sorties is probably one of my most hated too. No challenge should require 5 days to complete when 90% of them can be done in mere hours. Surprised we don't have to gild anything this week.

At least I'm almost free, meaning I'm incredibly close to 30. Ranking up 5 times to get the 75 wolf creds needed for a single reactor or catalyst is definitely not gonna entice me to pay much attention to this stuff.

Edited by (XB1)Earth Nuggets
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

I love Digital Extremes, but Nightwave makes me fear for the future of the game. I'm definitely NOT doing this again. Next season I'm out, if not this one. I'm only missing 5 and a half ranks before reaching tier 30 but at this point, I'm pondering whether or not I'm ever gonna reach it. This is such. a. chore. If DE allows themselves to bring back tasks that were previously agreed upon to be objectively bad... just wow.

This is definitely a Skinner Box, as suggested by a fellow player not long ago. This is DE experimenting on our loyalty and I'm not sure how long I am going to uphold mine. Please wake up, DE. Nightwave is ruining your community. 

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 1
  • Satisfied 1
  • Applause 3
  • Upvote 5

As a Veteran who pretty much forma'd everything how they want it to be i feel insulted by the forma 3 times challenge.... 

• Upvote 7

With the amount of time left & luck of the draw on not getting 3-4 weeks of truly garbage challenges, your in great shape for the end reward with 5 to go, im at the cusp of 19 myself & ive avoided quite a few of the truly reprehensible & irritating hoops & at this point, ill just do what I want & hope for the best, if this farce continues without change, as has been my biggest worry & was further proven with their disregard on the current linup of Nightflush/wave.

This games gonna get shelved for awhile, I'd cruise forums & wait to see what if any improvements arise & in the event the did not, I would simply bow & walk away after passing out everything I have & passing my Clan with its research off to the first new player that responded, I would impart what little wisdom I possess on what to do next then as i have with so many other titles, simply move on.

I hate having to do that, as I truly love & foresee amazing potential here that could truly make this game something to truly capture that spirit of fun flipping around as a cyborg space ninja has in just the basic imagery of speaking those words.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

@[DE]BearWhy do XBOX players (and I think PS4 and Switch) players have to fill 2 more statues and do 2 more Sorties for the exact same reward as on PC? They only fill 3 statues and do 3 Sorties but we have to do 5 of each.

Hardly seems fair

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 4

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Quizesh said:

Alerts come and go yeah, but they also come again.

Something so simple to understand and share, of course. But some people continue in trying to convince a large part of the WF community who don't like the new system that this true fact is wrong...with pages and pages of pretentious statements and childish pontification. Weird stuff, yeah 😉 

Edited by (PS4)nating51
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 1