Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightwave + alerts removal feedback

SilverBones

7 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

AGAIN?? Damnit, I just Forma'd a Kitgun this morning and that was using the last of the Forma I unlocked on NW two weeks back! Time to run MORE Fissures then...I'm starting to wonder if 1 Umbral Forma and some cosmetics are REALLY worth this.

Well, at least I've learned that there's now an unwritten rule that if you want the shiny that NW has to offer, don't do anything unless NW specifically tells you to do it. Otherwise, you're wasting precious time.

umbra forma isnt really worth it unless you like to minmax builds

3 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I don't wanna come off as too pissed off about this, although I am.

>Fully socket 3 ayatan sculptures

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

That's not all:

PC's mining challenge was changed to 6 rare gems or ores, whereas console is still gems-only. Worse yet, the sortie challenge didn't change for consoles - PC gets to do 3, console still has to do 5.

I'll have to say, Nightwave has been pretty strongly encouraging me not to "do things" unless they're the current acts of the week... otherwise I'd be wasting my precious resources (like Ayatan treasures, Forma, Modulars that I have yet to build/gild) ... it's a pretty huge dis-incentive to actually play the game like I want to.

Plus, while I'd like to go leveling low level frames with low level weapons (to get the most affinity out of my time) I recently built (Saryn Prime, Nyx, + more)... every time I have tried, mr. wolf (or his over-powered-compared to my lowbie leveling gear, fugitive underlings) pops up to ruin my fun... and when I want to fight the big bad wolf, he's not around. I know it's just one death and move on, but it feels annoying, and I don't like being bullied, so blech. No fun, not gonna bother.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
(not only wolf, but his underlings)
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

For the love of all that's holy above and below DE, we told you this was horrible when it happened earlier, WHY IS IT BACK?!

EDIT: I've been told that apparently it's FIVE on console. So you modified it PC-side, but you didn't REPLACE IT when this was the most hated challenge? You replaced one before that was entirely doable, and you leave THIS IN?

EDIT 2: Oh, and "Polarize 3 things" is back again too. Because we didn't complain about THAT one hard enough either apparently.

Complete 5 sorties is probably one of my most hated too. No challenge should require 5 days to complete when 90% of them can be done in mere hours. Surprised we don't have to gild anything this week.

At least I'm almost free, meaning I'm incredibly close to 30. Ranking up 5 times to get the 75 wolf creds needed for a single reactor or catalyst is definitely not gonna entice me to pay much attention to this stuff.

Edited by (XB1)Earth Nuggets

I love Digital Extremes, but Nightwave makes me fear for the future of the game. I'm definitely NOT doing this again. Next season I'm out, if not this one. I'm only missing 5 and a half ranks before reaching tier 30 but at this point, I'm pondering whether or not I'm ever gonna reach it. This is such. a. chore. If DE allows themselves to bring back tasks that were previously agreed upon to be objectively bad... just wow.

This is definitely a Skinner Box, as suggested by a fellow player not long ago. This is DE experimenting on our loyalty and I'm not sure how long I am going to uphold mine. Please wake up, DE. Nightwave is ruining your community. 

Edited by Tellakey
  • Like 1

With the amount of time left & luck of the draw on not getting 3-4 weeks of truly garbage challenges, your in great shape for the end reward with 5 to go, im at the cusp of 19 myself & ive avoided quite a few of the truly reprehensible & irritating hoops & at this point, ill just do what I want & hope for the best, if this farce continues without change, as has been my biggest worry & was further proven with their disregard on the current linup of Nightflush/wave.

This games gonna get shelved for awhile, I'd cruise forums & wait to see what if any improvements arise & in the event the did not, I would simply bow & walk away after passing out everything I have & passing my Clan with its research off to the first new player that responded, I would impart what little wisdom I possess on what to do next then as i have with so many other titles, simply move on.

I hate having to do that, as I truly love & foresee amazing potential here that could truly make this game something to truly capture that spirit of fun flipping around as a cyborg space ninja has in just the basic imagery of speaking those words.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Quizesh said:

Alerts come and go yeah, but they also come again.

Something so simple to understand and share, of course. But some people continue in trying to convince a large part of the WF community who don't like the new system that this true fact is wrong...with pages and pages of pretentious statements and childish pontification. Weird stuff, yeah 😉 

Edited by (PS4)nating51

8 hours ago, DeltaPangaea said:

I can't say I'm not disappointed. I thought they had listened to us. Since other task repeated two weeks in a row.

Also, it's 5 Ayatan Sculptures, isn't it?

2 hours ago, (NSW)NeonNebula said:

Honestly DE, what’s the use of this feedback thread if you’re not going to listen to the feedback? 

The irony is that they might not even read this comment.

I've read pretty much the entire thread. Don't remember there being any replies from DE-staff beyond the first post. Certainly none for tens and tens of pages. Also zero moderation despite trolling that's gone on for 30+ pages.

are you there anybody GIF by Jack Stauber

In the future, would be nice to know beforehand when the feedback is processed.

• Like 1

I'm seeing a lot of people frustrated that DE hasn't listened to the feedback/haven't made any changes over similar issues. Here's an explanation why we're going to see our feedback come into play in series 2, and not the current series:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/aygl2h/just_incase_people_missed_it_de_are_unable_to/

But srsly tho stop these inventory checks huhu

• Like 1

11 hours ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

NW transfers the proverbial "blame" onto the players direct effort & not the system or the developers, you've heard their explanations as well as I, "only need so much to get everything, so you have no excuse not to get that except being a lazy player now right"

Thats not right shifting responsibility like that, thats what they do with exercise stuff, weight loss & pyramid schemes, they sell people on a system that the only reason you fail is because you didnt "Invest yourself enough in the product" "not our fault!, "we gave you everything you need to accomplish your goal" meanwhile they still have your money & have no shortage of people filling their wallets in the hope that this system will work & make things better for them.

Then again i can easily accept that I'm reading more into this than is there, but thats just how this is starting to feel, like I'm going to be punished & denied because what I play this game for "entertainment" can cause me to lose out on essential materials, or interesting items & so forth, simply because I dont feel the effort to garner my desired reward is worth the aggervation, because to do otherwise would be no different than getting called into work on your day off, but this is your entertainment doing this to you.

Really good points in there. -To me this is a realistic and detailed explanation of how *a lot* of WF players feel atm with nightwave...

Edited by (PS4)nating51

The game should have alerts and nightwave.

Would like to get back the alerts with credits and ressources as rewards (still waiting for a better way to earn mutagen samples).

Nightwave should be a selectable series with a huge list of different acts, were you can pick a few as currently active.
Maybe with a limit for acts per week as a little slow down.
Every player should be able to manage the current series and active acts when they want to play the content.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, gabuchan said:

I'm seeing a lot of people frustrated that DE hasn't listened to the feedback/haven't made any changes over similar issues. Here's an explanation why we're going to see our feedback come into play in series 2, and not the current series:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/aygl2h/just_incase_people_missed_it_de_are_unable_to/

But srsly tho stop these inventory checks huhu

The strange thing about that is, they've already made changes. For example, the "Do 40 waves of defense" was changed into another challenge. Neither are the challenges same across all platforms. For example, PC has "Fully socket 3 Ayatans", while console(s) have "Fully socket 5 Ayatans".

So being unable to make changes because "Nightwave has to be the same across all platforms" doesn't seem true.

2 minutes ago, Enialyx said:

The strange thing about that is, they've already made changes. For example, the "Do 40 waves of defense" was changed into another challenge. Neither are the challenges same across all platforms. For example, PC has "Fully socket 3 Ayatans", while console(s) have "Fully socket 5 Ayatans".

So being unable to make changes because "Nightwave has to be the same across all platforms" doesn't seem true.

Here's a comment from another reddit thread made when the 40 defense wave challenge was swapped to the kill 100 eximus challenge:

"ITT: People losing their minds over the "DE can't change challenges mid-season".

Let's not jump on a hate bandwagon too quickly here folks. Nightwave is synced across all platforms.

Changing how a challenge works is probably an extensive programming task. Hence it would need to go through the cert process for consoles even if PC has to wait for it.

Changing which challenge is active in the current rotation is probably just a database entry swap out. You could probably google "how to SQL" and do this change easily yourself within a couple of hours, granted you have access to DE's related data storage."

Sadly this is an issue because of how they wanted Nightwave's release to be simultaneous with consoles

• Like 1

Ok as for why they haven't cycled out the garbage challenges that are outright infuriating because they can't change the code & so forth in the middle of it & so forth.

Wholly reasonable, hate to admit it, but one of the primary reasons they made this trade off was to streamline A system that could operate more autonomously & with less oversight than the Alerts system, as such this would indeed be in my eyes an acceptable circumstance to give DE a little leeway on these challenges as the set it & forget it model would open up more seats for development, debugging or whatever the poor slobs who had to deal with the alerts system get to do now instead.

But the lack of direct information, feedback, or even speaking about the communities furor over the current changes does them an intense disservice & leaves it up to us as individuals to determine reason for remaining silent.

For example I just found out today that Switch had the exploiter orb fight for the second part of the thermia event, I had no clue, but 10 days later, someone asked WTF HAPPENED!? lo and behold, a single post on some obscure section of some forum details what happened over the weekend of the 26th, no message in game notes that i saw, no one on switch was even asking about it or talking about exploiter orb, its Nightflush/wave, Plat begging, help & carry requests & things involving other things of such a random horrid nature that id hazard to bet some portion of time & space somewhere has warped beyond repair.

Again this is not painting a good picture for anyone no matter what side of the fence your on, actions speak louder than words, but what happens in silence?

• Like 3

Also sorry for an extra post, as for why they cant change consoles, simply put, its whatever contract they have drawn up between the 3 manufacturers regarding update times, bandwidth allocation on say Xboxs dedicated servers having to allocate bandwidth & ensure each consoles various bugs are ironed out.

On PC they have free reign to do what they want when they want & Steam runs giddy to the bank every major update.

They will have NO such excuse come round 2 of this new system & that is where I fear the hammer will drop hardest.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Hatemachine said:

Ok as for why they haven't cycled out the garbage challenges that are outright infuriating because they can't change the code & so forth in the middle of it & so forth.

Wholly reasonable, hate to admit it, but one of the primary reasons they made this trade off was to streamline A system that could operate more autonomously & with less oversight than the Alerts system, as such this would indeed be in my eyes an acceptable circumstance to give DE a little leeway on these challenges as the set it & forget it model would open up more seats for development, debugging or whatever the poor slobs who had to deal with the alerts system get to do now instead.

But the lack of direct information, feedback, or even speaking about the communities furor over the current changes does them an intense disservice & leaves it up to us as individuals to determine reason for remaining silent.

For example I just found out today that Switch had the exploiter orb fight for the second part of the thermia event, I had no clue, but 10 days later, someone asked WTF HAPPENED!? lo and behold, a single post on some obscure section of some forum details what happened over the weekend of the 26th, no message in game notes that i saw, no one on switch was even asking about it or talking about exploiter orb, its Nightflush/wave, Plat begging, help & carry requests & things involving other things of such a random horrid nature that id hazard to bet some portion of time & space somewhere has warped beyond repair.

Again this is not painting a good picture for anyone no matter what side of the fence your on, actions speak louder than words, but what happens in silence?

I saw the announcement that Consoles had the Exploiter fight. And isn't it always there as long as you have thermia?

Really!? I'll have to check when i get back, if thats the case then neat! Still never heard anything on the usual systems they drop this info on ala the in game mail system or that little ticker that tells ya devstreams times & such.

If I glossed over it then thatd be all on me, but far as I knew second part got no official announcement through those channels, so again ill have to check when I get the chance to.

Thank ya much!