Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

33 minutes equal 1 toroid, enjoy.

Cosmic-Avenger

Nekros + nekros spectrum + kavaat .. 33 minutes equal 1 toroid 2 actually for the bonus of the event.
Yes, I know I have to raise the alert level ...

Honestly I am beginning to think that the possibility of loot is wrong in my account.

Each time, every time I want to get something, it costs me at least 60 attempts. Warframe, you really want to lose me as a player.
I'm 38 years old, I've been playing video games since before the Atari 2600 and few have frustrated me as you do.

STOP THE CONTENT AND WORRY TO FIX WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE, PLEASE.

My second complaint in a week, I know.

• Like 4

hace 1 minuto, SenariousNex dijo:

Got close to 100 in about 15 min, I think you are just doing it wrong, ask people for help.

More frustration for me.

I always start on the outside and when they have put 4 beacons I enter the structures. In the interior they continue to put up beacons reaching more than 10 at times but after 15 or 20 minutes no enemies spanw. It always happens the same.

I agree with OP, farming toroids is a pain. there are no "missions" that reward the small toroids consistently, so you can't use grouping to farm them, and the various sources are either increase the alert level in specific locations and pfilfer / desacrate or the first phases of profit taker but it's not guaranteed.

Solo faming with Hydroid / pfilfering is around 2 toroids in 20min (I go back to fortuna when there are too many nullifiers)

Only phase 2 is somewhat OK, because it's shot and it automatically set to 4th level alert so if you kill everything you'll probably get some toroids. (4min runs rewards on average 2 toroids, and I did that with a Chroma Prime)

Edited by MonsterOfMyOwn
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I think they kinda just did 🙂

Mind sharing how you farm them?

Start outside, let them put up at least 3 alert beacons, head inside to where the closed of downwards ramp is and double nekros them to death. On smeta proc with resource boost it was 16 per pop.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

every time I want to get something, it costs me at least 60 attempt

Drop rate is 1% on toroids.  You'd need an average of 100 attempts, otherwise you're actually ahead of the curve. If you're solo, its slower, the spawns are less. Go in a group of 4 with 2 killing frames (Mesa, Nidus), a longevity frame (trin, oberon) and a loot frame (nekros, hydroid).

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

Each time, every time I want to get something, it costs me at least 60 attempts. Warframe, you really want to lose me as a player.

Just running around the caves, you should be able to find more than that.

I think a hour of running caves got me about 20 but than again I did stop a lot for mining.

Which ones are you trying to get ?

I farmed the basic ones with a squad a while ago and never had to get more tbh. We did 2 runs for each type (other than crisma or lazurite one). This was just the booster alone, no double drop weekend or anything. No smeetas either.

3XKyIVi.jpg

Edited by KiteoHatto

31 minutes ago, SenariousNex said:

Got close to 100 in about 15 min, I think you are just doing it wrong, ask people for help.

Mines about the same with the double loot right now. And I solo farm them with Inaros. Guess the OP has scorned RNGesus. I wish I was home, I have a screenshot of getting 16 in one pickup. I vacuumed 2, then the plat booster, cat booster and event booster made it 16. Can’t wait for this weekend 😁

37 minutes ago, (PS4)Viveeeh said:

I think they kinda just did 🙂

Mind sharing how you farm them?

Hydroid + Nekros + Speedva + DPS (Mesa / Volt ). you can easily net 100+ in 30m with the current double resources and some lucky smeeta buff.

46 minutes ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

Nekros + nekros spectrum + kavaat .. 33 minutes equal 1 toroid 2 actually for the bonus of the event.

Honestly I am beginning to think that the possibility of loot is wrong in my account.

I'm 38 years old, I've been playing video games since before the Atari 2600 and few have frustrated me as you do.

I've experienced this exact same thing  days in a row.

• Like 1

The variance is just very high, people thing they have a feel for what is statically likely but they are generally wrong.

I'm farmed on full alert with Nekros for 30 mins and gotten nothing, and I've done the same thing and gotten 60 toroids without issue.

Given the number of players doing this it is likely that someone is just consistently going to get very very few toroids, and that is likely to cause them to post in the forums.

Fully random drops with no streak compensation are really unsatisfying and unfair (Random does not mean "fair") for whomever gets the short end of the stick. Which is why many games have streak breakers on their probability mechanics.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

What...seriously?

You must have done something to really piss off RNGesus.

I picked up 8 last time I visited the Spaceport. Took me all of 15-20 minutes. Didn't even use any fancy gear...just Rhino and Exergis.

Just to check ...you ARE waiting until the alert level reaches maximum, aren't you?

Edited by FlusteredFerret

hace 8 minutos, FlusteredFerret dijo:

What...seriously?

You must have done something to really piss off RNGesus.

I picked up 8 last time I visited the Spaceport. Took me all of 15-20 minutes. Didn't even use any fancy gear...just Rhino and Exergis.

Just to check ...you ARE waiting until the alert level reaches maximum, aren't you?

Yes, i do.

But I have to thank the tip that they gave me in this post. Enter phase 2 and do not take the datapad, 8 toroid in 5 minutes, work for me.

Thanks.

wow me avatar work now, nice.

Edited by Cosmic-Avenger
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, SenariousNex said:

Oh sure, because the Toroid RNG not working for someone is obviously their fault and not the ridiculous 1% drop rate. They obviously need to git gud /s

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

1 hour ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

Yes, i do.

But I have to thank the tip that they gave me in this post. Enter phase 2 and do not take the datapad, 8 toroid in 5 minutes, work for me.

Thanks.

wow me avatar work now, nice.

Glad you got it sorted out. Warframe is a funny game and its easy to overlook things. 

58 minutes ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Oh sure, because the Toroid RNG not working for someone is obviously their fault and not the ridiculous 1% drop rate. They obviously need to git gud /s

Well, he could be in the wrong location, or doing it solo, or doing it with low alert status, who knows.

ive done it solo with ivara just becuz i found it fun and amussing sat there invis letting it do the stealth pickpocket and then headshotting the mob with a sniper via maxed hush mod   was it the purrfect best way. not at all.. but i had a ton of fun :D.. until the nullie beamed down on my forehead and zapped me outa stealth and i either A: got 1 shot.. or B: ran for my life with my ivara cloth tentrells held between my legs... either way  was fun and i got a bunch of torids pretty fast..  i also used oxylus as ivara is normaly my floof hunting an fishing frame

6 hours ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

to be fair, Toroids aren't great. you only have 2 options, run Profit taker or farm each of the 3 major abses.

- running Profit taker is arguably the easiest, but only if you have the team and the setup. doing it with randoms, well.. good luck I guess. it's also the only place to get Crisma Toroids specifically, which sucks for those in solo/mostly inactive clans such as myself because we need them for Larkspur Clan Research. I seriously hope they don't gate future research behind the Larkspur..

- Base farming at Enrichment Labs/ ToP/ Spaceport can be done solo, but it takes a LONG time and the drop rates are absolutely abysmal. I'd be happy enough to farm there but even with a full GTA level, and seemingly every Corpus and their Grandma trying to kill me, there's never more than one Toroid in like an hour that drops. Toroids? more like Haemorrhoids.

I would love it if DE at least made Toroids drop a bit more often, or put them in Bounty rewards. just something to make it a bit less painful trying to up Vox Solaris Standing and building the Operator stuff.

Edited by (PS4)robotwars7

8 hours ago, Cosmic-Avenger said:

I did that in 15 min alone with zephyr where are you farming that is that bad.  I can get 5-6 in that amount of time without a necros as long as I have one teammate and some good guns

also resource chance boosters help a lot