Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I think Equinox needs an update

CreamedSoda

After playing with her, not only are her abilities suffering from one target syndrome with her 1 and 2 (Just like Vauban and his 1 and 2) 

But her creme dela creme. Maim also feels outdated due to its very low damage output when compared to just three I can name off the bat. Saryn, Octavia and Volt.

The only ability in her kit that does not feel clunky and old is her 3 which is just a general buffer for teammates which is always useful and can't really get old. And to top it all off you can really tell that her augments are a necessity to make her work as if DE didn't wanna actually change her properly and instead slapped band aids on.

So far all I can say is that many of her augments should instead come packed in with her abilities, especially Calm & Frenzy. 

• Like 1

Uh... 1 changes equinox's form... so yeah it's a single target. Her 2 actually DOES have an AoE that can affect multiple targets, it's just quite small. Maim is often used to cheese exterminate missions resulting in equinox getting the majority of kills, and it's deactivation damage ramps up based on the damage it's dealt while active.. that's why it's active damage is low. Mend is the S#&$ty half and yeah, the augment probably should be baked in to deal with that fact.

Did you bother to shoot something with Maim active? And did you then take a look at the counter at the top of your screen?
Did you know that her Rest-Skill (her 2 in Night Form) can be targeted at the ground or any other surface so that every enemy in range gets put to sleep?
What's your problem with her 1? It's her skill to change from Night to Day.

Your feedback feels outdated.
Doesn't really look like you really played her.

• Like 3

@Whitestrake0 based on your previous thread, linked above, I feel you're missing some understanding of her mechanics.  While I agree that she does need some QoL the additional research into how her powers function can really help your use of her.  Moreover, it will allow you to base your threads on a thorough understanding of how she works now and what improvements can/should be made.

In fact, @TehGrief wrote an excellent thread with exactly that mentality.  (linked below)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Did you bother to shoot something with Maim active? And did you then take a look at the counter at the top of your screen?
Did you know that her Rest-Skill (her 2 in Night Form) can be targeted at the ground or any other surface so that every enemy in range gets put to sleep?

Why would I wanna do this huge build up when other frames can press one button and do the same amount of damage with a far larger range

5 minutes ago, Whitestrake0 said:

Why would I wanna do this huge build up when other frames can press one button and do the same amount of damage with a far larger range

Yeah, why would you want to use the Frame properly before giving "feedback"?
Going by your logic, every frame is bad, because there is another frame doing it better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Yeah, why would you want to use the Frame properly before giving "feedback"?
Going by your logic, every frame is bad, because there is another frame doing it better. 

And Vauban Prime is my most played frame out of my 20+ frames, trust me when I say that I play frames that are sub-par. But you have sub-par and unviable

Don't worry, I too sometimes get drunk and start posting on forums. 

Most of her abilities are AoEs, 1 is a buff/transform  and maim is the strongest nuke in the game, play her for more than a weekend and familiarize yourself with her vast potential.

My only issue with her is the Day Form 2 power, Rage. I rarely use it myself, as it feels like an underperforming Speed Nova. The only enemies you need help killing tend to be the hard-hitting heavies, and I don't want them moving faster and attacking more often even if they do take more damage.

I'd rather have Rage be a Targeted Ally buff

Edited by DaftMeat
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Whitestrake0 said:

you CLEARLY aren't using her correctly. She does far more damage then Octavia or volt with a proper build and a basic understanding of how to instantly kill everything on a map. In terms of damage I think she loses to saryn but she also has other builds based around other abilities for other content.

11 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

you CLEARLY aren't using her correctly. She does far more damage then Octavia or volt with a proper build and a basic understanding of how to instantly kill everything on a map. In terms of damage I think she loses to saryn but she also has other builds based around other abilities for other content.

1 hour ago, SenariousNex said:

Don't worry, I too sometimes get drunk and start posting on forums. 

Most of her abilities are AoEs, 1 is a buff/transform  and maim is the strongest nuke in the game, play her for more than a weekend and familiarize yourself with her vast potential.

1 hour ago, WhiteMarker said:

Alright I was messaged in PMS where somebody had kindly explained to me that I needed to do things in a more specific order to make maim work better. Starting to understand how I should use her and that this post was just me having not a large enough brain to understand that. My bad everybody.

However I do think she could still use some quality of life changes to make her feel less finnicky

Enox will be one of the few frames that have gotten primed that I wont hurry to chase, Chroma was the previous one. To me Enox does feel outdated and #4 isnt too impressive higher up imo. I have two major gripes with her #4.

1. Innate stun, very very annoying if you want things done quickly, which is pretty much the point of AoE frames.

2. Ramp up damage that still hits like a wet noodle in high content.

I would far prefer an actual aura that constantly ticks damage on the enemy, something that can actually make it worthwhile to stack strength and go for anything but range and efficiency. A simple slash damage aura that ticks every second with a % chance to inflict slash procs. Proc chance and damage based on strength.

• Like 1

Yup. I don't get why so many players are praising her.

Her DR is weak. She needs to build up damage. She needs to build up healing. Her 2nd ability is Ok. But it's just a relatively short CC ability. 

On paper she's great but actually she's just mediocre at best. I barely see anyone using her.

The DR on her 3rd in night form needs to stay the same across the whole range not getting lower as the enemies get more distant within the aura, and the DR itself needs a major boost, the energy transfer should be innate and since the developers totally changed one of Mag's auments into Counter pulse because her 4th started to give overshields which was a prerogative of her former augment, i'm sure they can come up with something original for Equinox too.

The list could go on but i see some solid suggestions already which will get probably ignored much like the Hildryn feedback thread but oh well..

lmfao

Edited by arm4geddon-117

Equinox needs a little love in the QoL department but other than that she's fine.

Would be nice if her form changed the function of her abilities without the deactivation of her 3 & 4 à la Energy Transfer, for instance. Favorite augment but imo the biggest bandaid of the bunch.

Lack of fluidity is honestly my biggest issue with her, but it hasn't put me off and I doubt it will anytime soon.

Anyone asking for changes and updates on Equinox clearly have no idea how to play her, Maim is fine, her pacify is freakin amazing, she can tank with the best of them, and provide heals for everyone, she's exactly where she needs to be, she isn't a one trick DPS pony, people just need to learn how to properly make use of her abilities.

the only update equinox needs is the same thing someone else had said in another forum post.. the ability to mod for both forms  day and night  seperate forma  so u can have 2 builds  as equinox is a dual frame  she should have 2 sets of modding and 2 sets of forma independant of each other so as u flow from day to night or night to day  u know u arent gimping urself by having barely any build that would benifit her other form  and personally yes that would be alot more work.. but soo much more rewarding to be able to flow between 2 builds as needed and would reward higher skilled gameplay that comes with more time invested via forma and modding