The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

300H Trade Restriction after farming Korrudo with resource booster.

Hrag

Hey there, so here's my story. About 2 days ago I decided to farm Korrudo while I still had my resource booster from the login reward. After an hour of Thumper farm with the usual farming crew (Nekros, Hydroid) I decided to sell some rare mods and buy Korrudo from the store, since it wasn't my lucky day with the BP drop. Anyway, that was when I noticed my 300 hour trade ban. At first I thought I had it because someone gave me plat they got illegaly while trading, and sent a support ticket. As reply they told me that my account was blocked because of having abnormal results and I'd simply have to wait for my ban to end.

tl;dr: Got banned because I farmed more than one is expected to. Please fix it so I continue trading to can get my prime weapons. Thanks.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Hrag said:

tl;dr: Got banned because I farmed more than one is expected to. Please fix it so I continue trading to can get my prime weapons. Thanks.

Actually you have no proof it has to do with the Korudo Farming. It can easily be about something else.
So this whole thread is pointless. And DE won't do anything just because you make a forum post. Go to support if you want to talk a bit more about your issue.

• Like 5

I do not think it's useless to post something like that. If this thread is big enough. Players with the same problems will get in touch with DE Developers. Additional suport ticket.
It's the same as chat bans. Change and new moderator after players complained

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, WhiteMarker said:

Actually you have no proof it has to do with the Korudo Farming. It can easily be about something else.
So this whole thread is pointless. And DE won't do anything just because you make a forum post. Go to support if you want to talk a bit more about your issue.

The problem with doing that is that they're likely just going to respond with something along the lines of "the decision is final, we can provide no more information", and close the ticket. I have yet to see a game support system that's not comletely useless in cases like this, and Warframe's is no exception. The only way that's likely to change is if players band together and demand change. Or you can keep dismissing this guy, in which case you're going to be treated the same way when the same thing happens to you.

• Like 7

This is very weird. Anyways Korrudo is trash unless u need mastery. But if you have “abnormal results” this means you might have something with a negative value as an actual value, you might have some plat in negative number or credits or maybe you have exceeded capacity of something, check your profile

8 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

The problem with doing that is that they're likely just going to respond with something along the lines of "the decision is final, we can provide no more information", and close the ticket.

And that's why one should make a forum thread? How does this help? Forum Rules state that you shouldn't discuss bans and such in the forum. So this thread doesn't serve any purpose. And as I said, the OP doesn't even have proof that what his Korudo Farming was the reason for the ban.
A ticket has the chance of working. A post in the forum has no chance of doing anything...

10 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

The only way that's likely to change is if players band together and demand change.

This only works if we have correct information. As I said multiple times, we don't have that. We only know what OP thinks what happened. No telling if it's true or not.

• Like 3

vor 5 Minuten schrieb SordidDreams:

The problem with doing that is that they're likely just going to respond with something along the lines of "the decision is final, we can provide no more information", and close the ticket. I have yet to see a game support system that's not comletely useless in cases like this, and Warframe's is no exception. The only way that's likely to change is if players band together and demand change. Or you can keep dismissing this guy, in which case you're going to be treated the same way when the same thing happens to you.

Absolute approval for the bad and same support system. Players had to work together

a support employee closes, a CEO, SEO thinks differently, there's every player ... money. If there are enough players who sign up, the system will be changed

Of course it always gives the impression that the developers do not read along here. Everything is read by employees, as a monthly report to the management. That's in every company, it's about money. In addition, personal letters to the management and letters to the company behind the DE, something always works. It s about money 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb WhiteMarker:

This only works if we have correct information. As I said multiple times, we don't have that. We only know what OP thinks what happened. No telling if it's true or not.

But no one can have correct information because DE is not giving it out for some reason. We had the same thing with chat bans where DE finally acknowledged that maybe they should state a ban reason. Just saying "abnormal results" doesnt tell us anything. This is why this forum threads like this need to exist to convince DE to state actual ban/trade restriction reasons.

Imagine if this would happen to you: I'm sure you'd want to know what thing you should avoid to not get your trade restriction extended. Well that's not happening in the current system.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Qjing said:

Absolute approval for the bad and same support system. Players had to work together

a support employee closes, a CEO, SEO thinks differently, there's every player ... money. If there are enough players who sign up, the system will be changed

Of course it always gives the impression that the developers do not read along here. Everything is read by employees, as a monthly report to the management. That's in every company, it's about money. In addition, personal letters to the management and letters to the company behind the DE, something always works. It s about money 

And you want this thread to be something to move DE?
This thread, as far as we know, could be based on a lie. Do you know if it's true what the OP told us? He might be right. But he also could be wrong. He could have exploided a bug or something. Maybe his ban is totally justified. But you want to start a witch hunt because of that? Nice one.

Just now, Drachnyn said:

But no one can have correct information because DE is not giving it out for some reason. We had the same thing with chat bans where DE finally acknowledged that maybe they should state a ban reason. Just saying "abnormal results" doesnt tell us anything. This is why this forum threads like this need to exist to convince DE to state actual ban/trade restriction reasons.

Imagine if this would happen to you: I'm sure you'd want to know what thing you should avoid to not get your trade restriction extended. Well that's not happening in the current system.

Let's be real here: OP did nothing to receive more information. He wrote one ticket, maybe not even a nice one. Who knows? And then he came straight to the forum, just so he can break the forum rules (don't discuss your ban in the forum...)
If something like that happened to me, I would do the right thing. I would talk to the support. I know, a lot of people think that starting a S#&$storm on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or in a forum might be the proper way to handle stuff, but it isn't. Especially because these S#&$storms are always based on misinformation...

Edited by WhiteMarker

Pretty sure it wasn't about the Korrudo farming, I got the blueprint in around 15 Doma/Bull kills on release day with all 30 days boosters running and never gotten a single ban for farming stuff in 2k hours played.

Prolly was beacuse shady plat got into your account by trading (theres people that buys plat with credit card and then charges back the transaction, if you get any of that plat, DE then removes it, bans the plat buyer and if you got any of that plat and/or get negative plat balance, you get banned too).

Edited by llls1cKb0ylll

2 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

And that's why one should make a forum thread? How does this help? Forum Rules state that you shouldn't discuss bans and such in the forum. So this thread doesn't serve any purpose.

It serves the purpose of raising awareness about the issue and hopefully getting DE to do something about it. Support tickets that result in stonewalling don't do that because they're considered "resolved".

It's in everyone's interest to solve these problems. I don't think I need to explain why players shouldn't be okay with bans being handed out seemingly at random with no additional information. I certainly don't want that possibility hanging over my head, knowing that I could get banned at any time for no reason saps away my interest in playing the game. And that's obviously bad for DE as well, they want as many people to play the game as much as possible. Stonewalling support tickets are detrimental to everyone's interests here.

26 minutes ago, llls1cKb0ylll said:

Prolly was beacuse shady plat got into your account by trading (theres people that buys plat with credit card and then charges back the transaction, if you get any of that plat, DE then removes it, bans the plat buyer and if you got any of that plat and/or get negative plat balance, you get banned too).

Am I the only one who thinks that's an unacceptable way for a company to handle issues like this?

Edited by SordidDreams

To people who blindly defends OP , we really don't know the REAL story behind it. Maybe OP scammed someone or exploited something and got reported for that , who knows. Because people don't get trade bans ( especially that long ) for no reason. If its really an issue on DE's part ( abnormal results with no real explanation ) and no scam / exploit / hack , it can be fixed but this is not the correct place to solve it.

OP can carry this issue to community box to see if he gets help from DE themselves.

Edited by Aeon94

2 minutes ago, Aeon94 said:

To people who defends OP blindly , we really don't know the REAL story behind it. Maybe OP scammed someone or exploited something and got reported for that , who knows. Because people don't get trade bans ( especially that long ) for no reason. If its really an issue on DE's part and no scam / exploit / hack , it can be fixed but this is not the correct place to solve it.

Let the support deal with issue and move on.

People could just as easily argue you're blindly supporting DE you don't know that the system isnt messed up. The lack of transparency as to what exactly is going on doesn't look good on their side.

• Like 1

hace 3 horas, Hrag dijo:

Hey there, so here's my story. About 2 days ago I decided to farm Korrudo while I still had my resource booster from the login reward. After an hour of Thumper farm with the usual farming crew (Nekros, Hydroid) I decided to sell some rare mods and buy Korrudo from the store, since it wasn't my lucky day with the BP drop. Anyway, that was when I noticed my 300 hour trade ban. At first I thought I had it because someone gave me plat they got illegaly while trading, and sent a support ticket. As reply they told me that my account was blocked because of having abnormal results and I'd simply have to wait for my ban to end.

1_ Negative/bad plat is account ban , not trade . And has no time limit , its a "permanent" ban

2_ What part of "abnormal"  results tells you "because i framed more than one is expected to" ? .

24 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

People could just as easily argue you're blindly supporting DE you don't know that the system isnt messed up. The lack of transparency as to what exactly is going on doesn't look good on either side.

FTFY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

People could just as easily argue you're blindly supporting DE you don't know that the system isnt messed up. The lack of transparency as to what exactly is going on doesn't look good on their side.

Blindly supporting DE ? Nope , I am not defending them and other posters shouldn't defend the random person on internet with no real proof. Trying to be objective , both OP and Support can be right or wrong. 

If system is so messed up , there would be an outcry for unreasonable trade bans. Just a person with this problem is not enough imo.

Also I edited my post to say this issue can be carried to Community Box , since noone here can help him.

This message must be shared as soon as possible to DE... This is not a joke... So please, help me to make this comment on top discution.

Me and a friend, Daestruo, were looking to drop the Blueprint of the new weapon "korrudo", dropped by the Thumper Doma and Thumper Bull in the plains of Eidolons... for a full Day Cycle on the plains ( aproximatively 1h30 ), we have been hunting those cursed machines and destroyed a lot of those in the process... Sadly, no sign of the blueprint, despite our efforts. However, we have been looting an astronomical quantity of ressources : due to our prioritized hunt, and the use of one nekros to boost the drops chances of the blueprint.

It has to be known that, at this point for us, and most of all : with the recent changes of Cetus Arcanes, and other craftings that would require ressources like the sentirum, nyth and so on... all of those materials became absolutely useless ( at the very least, for both of us ).

And today, we realised that we were both striked, and are curently unable to use the trade system for 11 days (287h by the time i'm writting this message ) ! When we discovered what happened, we concluded to the reason of this strike...  Maybe some of you will recognize the following message :

"A mission that you completed was flagged for having abnormal results, and this has resulted in a two week moratorium on trades being placed on your account."

At this moment, we have not recieved this message, no warning under the form of a mail or in-game inbox... but it is clear as day, that this is what happened to us. Because of the Thumpers. All because we just wanted to farm a blueprint that never spawned, and ended up with 4-5 rare mods, but most of all : a sh*t tone of crafting materials. . . And you want to know the best part of the joke... ? We were about to do it again... Tonight ! And that, untill we finally looted the blueprint. Who knows what could have happen to our accounts, if we pursued this madness.

This is serious matter here, and I beg you to share if you encountered this problem on your side, or if you met friends or other traders facing this problem.

Digital Extreme must be informed about this failure in their security system, and the consequences on the players like us, that didn't wanted to spend money / plats for a weapon that is possible to loot by ourself.

Edited by SirArtilleur
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Marswipp said:

If this is true, would it not have been smarter to file a customer support and bug ticket?

Others who have posted support responses have been told they basically just have to wait it out. So as usual the community need to raise a stink about it for someone in the inner circle to fix anything. Doesn't help it's the weekend though 

Note also he never actually got the "abnormal results" ban reason. We all just know that's what the support reply will be as this isn't the first occurrence. People getting 300hr trade bans with no message untill YOU message them is also a problem.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 1