Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arbitration Rework Suggestion

DreisterDino

1 minute ago, SordidDreams said:

Yikes. So what happens if you pick up some tokens and then someone else revives the person who's down? Do you just keep your debuff indefinitely or...?

Not entirely sure, but I think (assume) they all vanish. The only time we successfuly revived someone in that match the tokens I was carrying all vanished. 

Hi, i just want to know your opinion on the new changes 🙂 

For me :

-Adding a revive component is bad, the mode is supposed to be for veterans, end game or whatever you want to name it. For me anyone who dies in arbitrations do not have the gear to do them, period. Another problem with this change is that if someone dies, you are FORCED to pick up a reviving shard ( don't know the name) if you have fetch-vacuum, which debuffs you, so if another person dies why am i getting debuffed ? what kind of logic is that ? There should be a choice to play arbit with or without revives, if someone wants to be all lovey-dovey with each other i don't care, but i would never revive anyone, but if i don't i will be debuffed permanently...

-Added scaling : Hell they just made it scale normally .... if it is a hard mode i think they should add more scaling tbh.

-Archgun rivens: cool, if you have 25 VITUS essence to spare for weapons that no one uses apart from profit taker. (maybe this will change with railjack, which will come in ... like 5 years ? like melee 3.0 ...) 

-Cosmetics-Emotes : i am always down for cosmetics, they are not gameplay changing after all.

Simple solutions :

- Make different tiers of arbitration : one for those who want to be friend and revive, and one for the more hardcore players with no revive whatsoever.

-Reduce the godamn rotation timer, 10 waves of defense is too much per rotation, the fastest being excavations at 4-6 minutes.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

-Adding a revive component is bad, the mode is supposed to be for veterans, end game or whatever you want to name it. For me anyone who dies in arbitrations do not have the gear to do them, period. Another problem with this change is that if someone dies, you are FORCED to pick up a reviving shard ( don't know the name) if you have fetch-vacuum, which debuffs you, so if another person dies why am i getting debuffed ? what kind of logic is that ? There should be a choice to play arbit with or without revives, if someone wants to be all lovey-dovey with each other i don't care, but i would never revive anyone, but if i don't i will be debuffed permanently...

Revive the host or have them quit and DE never knows what rewards you got. Really, the choice is yours.

I'm not just copy and pasting my response but also adding that I am copy and pasting my response.

Well thought out I'm on board.

1 hour ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

I did. I knew it'd be bad, but I went in and did a public match Arbitration defense anyways. It's even worse than I thought. Playing public is absolute cancer now. Some guy died and I picked up one of the revive tokens without even noticing it, but figured I'd go ahead and go through the motions to revive him anyways. I was with 2 tokens at that point and the debuff was nasty, but I was on Nidus, so whatever. I was waiting for the other players who had tokens to converge on the dead player pod so we could revive him, but it's a public squad, so no one is communicating or coordinating, and just ignore you (or don't see). Then someone else dies while the first one is still dead waiting for a revive... yea, fun times. I'm never playing Arbitration in public again. 

Look. the guy made the comment minutes after the patch. I'm fine with criticism. and constructive feedback even more so. But at least have played what you bash.

Did a 1 hour arbitration survival today.  Brought my trusty Inaros because I had no doubt a pub'y would bite it.   So, a pubby goes down and me an another guy start working to "revive" him.  When we both get our 5 tokens he just quits seconds before we get to him.  We are now stuck with the debuff.  Luckily we tried having the other guy with 5 tokens die and I then rez'd him allowing us to clear the debuff.  Either way....this debuff can be used to troll players in a negative way.  I would recommend if nobody is dead the debuff just goes POOF.  

Edited by Chappie1975
  • Like 1

I haven't even played these newest changes and I think you're right and YOUR CHANGES should happen! The flaws of ARBs were already apparent and I want them to be more rewarding (for the time put into them).

Also this literally just came out of my head like a minute ago, but another reward that could be added to Arbitration Honors could be a Wolf of Saturn Beacon. Something to set it apart from the others in that it can be obtained any time. I don't know, it just popped into my head. It could be a low cost like 5 Vitus Essence. It might stupid, but I'm getting it out now so I don't forget 😛

Edited by Codename6490

I dont really like Arbitration it doesnt feel fun ( I always die in the 7-8th round).  I really like the 3rd tier Sortie defense where ur all working together to protect the "hostage" in the Void.  I wish we had some intelligent matchmaking and enemy scaling so groups had a better chance to survive and work together.  That doesnt exist right?  Doesnt seem like it.  

1 hour ago, Talinthis said:

so how do the tokens work? are they automatically picked up and just screw you over? what if you want someone else on your team to do it since they are tankier?

Yeah they really do screw you over. Just like Index you kinda walk over them and it can happen by accident. I assume they vanish from team after revive happens though.

I assume it's a bug, but dude that died in my Arbitration after we took too long to find him (that was some far away room he died in) screwed 2 of us by leaving and locking us in with tokens on. Managed to fix it with suiciding and having the other guy with tokens revive me, but still...

I feel like this has made me want to switch to solo, its a horrible mechanic to have, from what Ive seen if a player dies the enemies start dropping those revive tokens, like the index you pick up enough and you can be easily one shot, NO this is NOT how this should be, what If I'm busy trying to defend a point or target? Now because my teammate goes down Im forced to revive them or risk getting debuffs? You're punishing me for staying alive?  I could understand if I had to actually pick up the tokens but no you just vacuum them up like any resource,  as a result I ended up repeatedly reviving someone that came into Arbs with 300hp with infested enemies, seriously?   I don't know why you want to add an index like token system but at least make picking up the tokens optional so rather than just having a player go down we don't end up with an entire group wipe.  

Annnd it looks like my thread was deleted and merged with that one....why am I not surprised..

Edited by Knight_Ex

il y a une heure, peterc3 a dit :

Revive the host or have them quit and DE never knows what rewards you got. Really, the choice is yours.

If the problem is the host, why not remove it completely ? There must be a way to play without host or something, idk, in LoL we all play the same game and if anyone disconnects the game is not ending, i'm sure removing this host bs is possible, but even then you can always be the host in any game mode you want, so your point is wrong, but if you care about others when you are hosting then might as well do them solo

7 minutes ago, HatedByLifeItself said:

If the problem is the host, why not remove it completely ? There must be a way to play without host or something, idk, in LoL we all play the same game and if anyone disconnects the game is not ending, i'm sure removing this host bs is possible, but even then you can always be the host in any game mode you want, so your point is wrong, but if you care about others when you are hosting then might as well do them solo

Just rewrite the networking instead of adding an item into a game mode. Easy peasy.