The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt and Loki Prime relic farming

JSalari

Can we please have more locations other than just the Void for farming Volt and Loki Prime relics? There are so many different relics in the Void drop tables that farming them is a huge pain. I ran Hepit solo (no joke) twenty times in a row and didn't get a single Lith O2 relic, it would be quicker to farm the platinum at this rate. I don't mind grinding but when the odds of finding the relic are so low, then the odds of getting a part from it is low, it just becomes miserable. Even adding it to Fortuna/Plains of Eidolon bounties would be nice so we can at least have some variety while farming

Edited by JSalari
  • Like 3

Since the introduction of PoE and the fact that we were literally forced to do the bounties there during the unvault that happened at the time, I've lost all  interest in farming those relics. I am not a fan of the void, I prefer to do my long runs on earth, mars, whatever planet i feel like at any given time, as long as I play the node I want to play. I never understood the logic behind further restricting (what should be widely available) time-gated content. What's the point in not having the new relics drop in every possible mission? Where's the logic in that? Why can't I play my Xini to get the new relics? I'm not buying the drop-table dilution excuse. It's 4 additional relics, 1 per era. I can live with that since the additional relics are only here for 2 months.

• Like 1

just be like me and dont do them. only time i farm em is if they are decent % in a capture, rotation A with like 10%+, or in bounties cause they give a ton, especially orb vallis which is better in every way with relic bonus, faster missions, and so on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JSalari said:

I ran Hepit solo (no joke) twenty times in a row and didn't get a single Lith O2 relic

I no you're not joking... I ran it for 2 Hours and only got 2.... 

Did it again for another hour and I got latest?cb=20171007144336

2 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

You can also spend rep on relic packs in syndicates. It isnt cheap but you get many unvaulted relics.

What good is that if you literally only care about getting just one ?

Its why I never cared for ESO.... radiant Relics are worthless if its the Wrong Relic.... I'd rather grind Void Traces and I actually do grind void traces.

• Like 2

I like the Void restriction. Bounties make it way too easy and actually remove variety of farming methods as it invalidates all other drop sources, especially T5 Bounties for Axi, and it allows players to stockpile hundreds of Relics. The Void is a neglected tile, and there are interesting ways to farm.

- Hepit (Capture) for Lith O2

- Ukko (Capture) for Meso O3 and Neo V8

- Marduk (Sabotage) for Neo V8 and Axi L4

You can complete Capture in as little as 30 seconds, and Marduk can be finished in as little as 2 minutes and 45 seconds with all caches. I understand that people don't like hard drops, but it makes it interesting when the Relics are rare (see: Axi E1 back in 2016).

Edited by Voltage

2 minutes ago, Voltage said:

You can complete Capture in as little as 30 seconds

If you do this it will almost certainly turn into a Exterminate Mission.

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

but it makes it interesting when the Relics are rare (see: Axi E1 back in 2016).

What ? 

The game is chockful of rare crap... theres nothing interesting about something you don't have and cant use....

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Voltage said:

an complete Capture in as little as 30 seconds, and Marduk can be finished in as little as 2 minutes and 45 seconds with all caches. I understand that people don't like hard drops, but it makes it interesting when the Relics are rare (see: Axi E1 back in 2016).

Average Void Sabotage run is in the 200+ seconds range, often exceeding 4 minutes. I'm a super fast volt and I've played Volt for quite a while. 30 seconds is an exaggeration. Often targets are 1000 meters away. But this is not about time. It's about why the hell do we need a relic to drop from one type of Sabotage? Who would get hurt if it dropped on rotation C on any long-run type of mission? Isn't that the purpose of it all? The rest of the planets are pretty much dead by now with all the new updates. Allowing the relics to drop from standard types of mission isn't going to make people farm them easier or "stockpile hundreds of Relics", no.. it will just give them the option to choose the type of mission they play and the planet they play it on.
I don't want the relic farming to turn into a 6x3 marathon. It's supposed to be fun (not to mention all the new players are pretty much screwed by this point). I personally won't farm any of these cause I have tons of other valuable relics and platinum to last me until 2050, my point is that this is a relic... just a relic. There is absolutely no point for it to be that restricted, behind time and rng gates.

Edited by arimanari
  • Like 5

36 minutes ago, arimanari said:

Average Void Sabotage run is in the 200+ seconds range, often exceeding 4 minutes.

"Average" yes. I was just saying that it's not impossible to do them quickly.

unknown.png

39 minutes ago, arimanari said:

30 seconds is an exaggeration. Often targets are 1000 meters away.

unknown.png

44 minutes ago, arimanari said:

Who would get hurt if it dropped on rotation C on any long-run type of mission? Isn't that the purpose of it all?

You can do any Void endless missions. Sabotage and Capture are the highly efficient methods, but any Void mission will drop one of the Relics depending on mission level.

45 minutes ago, arimanari said:

Allowing the relics to drop from standard types of mission isn't going to make people farm them easier or "stockpile hundreds of Relics", no.. it will just give them the option to choose the type of mission they play and the planet they play it on.

What I said was:

56 minutes ago, Voltage said:

Bounties make it way too easy and actually remove variety of farming methods as it invalidates all other drop sources, especially T5 Bounties for Axi, and it allows players to stockpile hundreds of Relics. 

Bounties make it too easy to get Relics, not just other missions in general. I wouldn't mind if they added these Relics to the Derelict or something, but Void farming making a comeback is really fun for some people, and I just appreciate DE for the farming methods set in place.

48 minutes ago, arimanari said:

my point is that this is a relic... just a relic. There is absolutely no point for it to be that restricted, behind time and rng gates.

This is Warframe, and a Prime Vault. Just because it's unsealed doesn't mean it's supposed to just hand you Relics for every Prime part you need. You have to grind your vaulted gear because grind is a core of this game. RNG and time gating are innate to this game and it's there to keep people playing and restrict them from burning through new updates/hot-fixes in one sitting...

I'm not saying DE can't add these Relics to other locations, I merely said I like the restriction on the Void and that Bounty drops would be way too easy to get loads of Relics. It's a nostalgic tile that got some love, and I appreciate the effort to breath life there.

16 minutes ago, Voltage said:

This is Warframe, and a Prime Vault. Just because it's unsealed doesn't mean it's supposed to just hand you Relics for every Prime part you need. You have to grind your vaulted gear because grind is a core of this game. RNG and time gating are innate to this game and it's there to keep people playing and restrict them from burning through new updates/hot-fixes in one sitting...

I'm not saying DE can't add these Relics to other locations, I merely said I like the restriction on the Void and that Bounty drops would be way too easy to get loads of Relics. It's a nostalgic tile that got some love, and I appreciate the effort to breath life there.

Just because it's unsealed doesn't mean it's supposed to just hand you Relics for every Prime part you need.
That is how it was for years until PoE. Prime Vault unseals, relics enter the general pool. Nothing too complicated, nothing too catastrophic. No one is handing me anything, in fact, I'm more eager to grind because not everyone enjoys endless Void, day after day. I like Hieracon, Xini, Earth/Mars T1 interception or excavation, whatever I feel like doing at that moment. Right now everyone is literally forced to play Void and entirely ignoring the other 200-something nodes in the game. 200.

The people who want to stockpile these relics, they still will with platinum. I've stopped farming long ago but I will say this again: it does not make any sense, to me at least, restricting these relics to 1 certain area of the star chart. If that was the case and, as others have said before (that void relics should be farmed in void), then all relics must only be obtainable through Void farming. These freshly unvaulted relics shouldn't be treated as a more rare, higher quality relic type (not until July 2nd), which is the feeling i'm getting right now from DE.

Edited by arimanari

I don't know... Maybe do Mithra, Void for an hour? Lots of new relics rewarded there!

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Interception#Void

Mithra appears as a fissure mission a lot too. So you could farm for relics by cracking open relics and gaining void traces!

Personally, I like finding the 3 caches in Marduk/Stribog and I pick up a lot of relics by just doing that for fun and forgetting about the relics. Look, someone above got a Bullet Dance doing that!

Edited by nslay
Not "fissures" but "void traces"
  • Like 2

I spent 320k of syndicate standing, and got 12 vaulted relics. I recommend that method :). Otherwise, I like void missions. No other reason for me to be there, so handy when unvaulting brings me back. 

Edited by Kebast

The vault should last ~2 months w/ no real pressure to complete it qiuckly.   There are a few things you can do in this case:

• Farm like a madman since there is no gating
  • Do a few runs each time you play
  • Relic packs from syndicate standing
  • Buy the relics from warframe.market
  • Buy the parts from warframe.market
  • Buy the unvaulting pack from DE

This is the crux of issue for most but in this case DE has provided a very clear an user selected solutions form either time or $.   But when you want it now and don't want to pay...you might run into issues.  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Kebast said:

I spent 320k of syndicate standing, and got 12 vaulted relics. I recommend that method :). Otherwise, I like void missions. No other reason for me to be there, so handy when unvaulting brings me back. 

Also...decent chance, if running solo to get some quick wolf parts (he dies so fast solo).

1 hour ago, Chappie1975 said:

Also...decent chance, if running solo to get some quick wolf parts (he dies so fast solo).

Found him in void fissure sabotage last night. He dies fast to my 6 forma catchmoon! 

You have 2 months to farm the relics. Why do people always post this stuff. Why does everyone feel the need to get all the relic on day one. Relax time is actually on your side.

As for the void only stuff. It's a throw back to the golden days when keys were a thing and the only place to get prime parts was from the void. Then when relics became a thing the void sadly became mostly pointless.

I for one like that it's just in one area. No need to figure out where on the star chart you need to go to farm the relics.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

I for one like that it's just in one area. No need to figure out where on the star chart you need to go to farm the relics.

Running one location 20 times in a row isn't my idea of fun, and I'm sure many people share that sentiment.

8 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can complete Capture in as little as 30 seconds, and Marduk can be finished in as little as 2 minutes and 45 seconds with all caches. I understand that people don't like hard drops, but it makes it interesting when the Relics are rare (see: Axi E1 back in 2016).

Like I said, I ran Hepit (the capture mission) 20 times in a row and didn't get a single one. The ease and/or speed of the mission isn't the problem, it's the tedium of it. Adding the relics to the bounty drops along with the nodes would at least make it so people have multiple methods of farming. Making things a rare drop in the game is absolutely fine and it can feel rewarding (got the Wolf Sledge the other day, that was cool), but this is relics we're talking about, not the Prime parts themselves. Having maxed out standing in Fortuna and in PoE, I'm not exactly thrilled to do bounties again, but personally I'd prefer them over visiting the Void and repeating the same missions types in similar tilesets

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, JSalari said:

Running one location 20 times in a row isn't my idea of fun, and I'm sure many people share that sentiment.

Like I said, I ran Hepit (the capture mission) 20 times in a row and didn't get a single one. The ease and/or speed of the mission isn't the problem, it's the tedium of it. Adding the relics to the bounty drops along with the nodes would at least make it so people have multiple methods of farming. Making things a rare drop in the game is absolutely fine and it can feel rewarding (got the Wolf Sledge the other day, that was cool), but this is relics we're talking about, not the Prime parts themselves. Having maxed out standing in Fortuna and in PoE, I'm not exactly thrilled to do bounties again, but personally I'd prefer them over visiting the Void and repeating the same missions types in similar tilesets

Repeating Hepit and Repeating Bounty 5 isn't exactly a difference when talking about tedium. Some players like repetition, some don't. I like spamming Capture over and over, and you clearly don't. That's alright. Different strokes for different folks. I just appreciate the effort to revive the Void a bit by making Relics only drop there.

Edited by Voltage

3 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I just appreciate the effort to revive the Void a bit by making Relics only drop there.

There are better ways to revive the Void tileset. This method of reviving it is akin to putting strings on a corpse, moving it like a marionette and saying "well at least it's nice to see it moving"

Edited by JSalari
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, JSalari said:

There are better ways to revive the Void tileset. This method of reviving it is akin to putting strings on a corpse, moving it like a marionette and saying "well at least it's nice to see it moving"

People have been asking "better ways" (which is an opinion anyways, so it varies of course) since Relics were added in July, 2016. I will take what I can get 🙂 

1 hour ago, JSalari said:

10 hours ago, Voltage said:

No one likes running one location 20 times but thats what WF pushes us to anyway (well, 200 times might be more accurate).  In this case, people don't want to run these particular locations.

But even if they dropped outside the void this is exactly what MOST people would do who are farming the relics.  They would do the one mission type they liked best again and again - Be it a bounty, Xini, Heircon, JupIO,....

Personally I don't mind if each unvaulting the relics are in limited locations.  Two months is a long time to run a few here and there if someone actually needs them.  If someone is trying to stockpile sets for later - well thats on them.  I stopped caring about farming prime sets for resale when the relic system came out and the market cratered.  Then they gave away primes for free on twitch and it cratered even more, then nerfed ember. then released her how many times in a row? but I digress.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JSalari said:

Can we please have more locations other than just the Void for farming Volt and Loki Prime relics? There are so many different relics in the Void drop tables that farming them is a huge pain. I ran Hepit solo (no joke) twenty times in a row and didn't get a single Lith O2 relic, it would be quicker to farm the platinum at this rate. I don't mind grinding but when the odds of finding the relic are so low, then the odds of getting a part from it is low, it just becomes miserable. Even adding it to Fortuna/Plains of Eidolon bounties would be nice so we can at least have some variety while farming

Farm syndicates 

• Like 1

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Voltage:

Repeating Hepit and Repeating Bounty 5 isn't exactly a difference when talking about tedium. Some players like repetition, some don't. I like spamming Capture over and over, and you clearly don't. That's alright. Different strokes for different folks. I just appreciate the effort to revive the Void a bit by making Relics only drop there.

you get the relics quicker without getting other relics in the bounties thats why bounties were perfect.

Spaming capture is fine for lith but farming axi l4 is annoying. i did lith and meso in capture and got neo and axi from bounties.

20 hours ago, Bagadyr said:

You can also spend rep on relic packs in syndicates. It isnt cheap but you get many unvaulted relics.

if you spend all your standin, at most you get 19 relic packs a week, that's 57 relics. and this is if you are like MR26 or 27. 

you also have every current relic in them, not just the vault ones. Maybe there should be vaulted relic packs that cost like 20k? 

• Like 2