Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Double Kuva gains??!

Hello ladies and gentlemen,

do you think its a good idea to double the kuva gain, same to me? I mean getting 40pl for a booster is fine, but Id rather spend 40pl for kuva, because I dont want to be limited to 3 days to farm. You never know what happens in real life, I am not ready to play for 3 days straight.

Opinions?

3 minutes ago, Giveup12 said:

They will never add kuva buying because it will basically end up like the old kubrows and turn into a slot machine and they don't want to feed peoples gambling addictions.

*COUGH* *COUGH* rivens *COUGH COUGH*

3 minutes ago, Giveup12 said:

They will never add kuva buying because it will basically end up like the old kubrows and turn into a slot machine and they don't want to feed peoples gambling addictions.

DID SOMEONE SAY GAMBLING?! I don't have an issue, just need to feed my 200 kubrows

3 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Yeah if they let you buy kuva directly then it's a direct route to riven rolling. Most people with gambling issues don't like to put in work to gamble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mikakor said:

Those you dont pay Premium currency to roll, Kuva is 100% Only obtained by playing/Login. If you talk about using your money to buy a Riven with the stats and weapon you like, that is you confronting the Free Market.

• Like 2

If Rivens need more changes Kuva is by far the least important aspect to touch.

You still need to spend that Kuva on the exact same stat rolling and double the Kuva means twice the rolls. Twice the rolls means twice the opportunities for people to complain about not getting their perfect godly Riven and twice as many opportunities to complain that anything less is garbage.

Increased gains won't actually help anyone who has issues with the system, it's a blatant bandaid fix that people keep asking for while also hating on bandaid fixes from DE.

2 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Those you dont pay Premium currency to roll, Kuva is 100% Only obtained by playing/Login.

No. People who roll a lot of rivens run resource boosters, which are bought with plat. So for the people to whom it even matters at all, kuva is only 50% earned by playing. DE is absolutely profiting off their gambling addiction in that way, the big difference between that and OP's suggestion is that there's a cap on how much they profit off of it, since you can't stack resource boosters.

Edited by SordidDreams

10 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

No. People who roll a lot of rivens run resource boosters, which are bought with plat. So for the people to whom it even matters at all, kuva is only 50% earned by playing. DE is absolutely profiting off their gambling addiction in that way, the big difference between that and OP's suggestion is that there's a cap on how much they profit off of it, since you can't stack resource boosters.

Not really. Because you can never avoid the gameplay aspect and rely on the other 50%. Kuva is 100% earned by playing, but you can double the yield, shorten the time or however you wanna look at it.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not really. Because you can never avoid the gameplay aspect and rely on the other 50%. Kuva is 100% earned by playing, but you can double the yield, shorten the time or however you wanna look at it.

If I do a kuva mission with a friend and I have a booster and they don't, I get twice the kuva they get. Clearly, since we both did the same amount of gameplay, that extra kuva came from somewhere else. Namely the booster that cost platinum. Seems a simple enough concept to me...

Edited by SordidDreams

33 minutes ago, SordidDreams said:

If I do a kuva mission with a friend and I have a booster and they don't, I get twice the kuva they get. Clearly, since we both did the same amount of gameplay, that extra kuva came from somewhere else. Namely the booster that cost platinum. Seems a simple enough concept to me...

Except purchasing the booster is optional when you can get them for free from login, Sorties, events, or even Baro; I login to 30h+ boosters fairly regularly and could be using them for Kuva.

And if someone is being impatient enough to not want to wait for a booster and doesn't want to farm without one then they're falling for the game's exact monetization model: pay for convenience. This has been the entire game from the literal beginning where you pay to skip farming and/or waiting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SordidDreams said:

Yes it comes from somewhere else, but it isnt the same as saying 50% is only earned from playing because you must play for the other 50% aswell. And I think very few are actually buying boosters to farm Kuva, because the way Kuva is earned it isnt profitable to use a booster bought for plat, unless of course they use the plat from sold rivens to purchase boosters, or Baro.

There are too many time gates and RNG on Kuva while the survival mode yields too little. So those that do actually spend money to buy boosters just for Kuva farming are likely whales in the first place and it really doesnt matter what regulation a company does, they will spent big either way. And the rest that use boosters simply use them for other things aswell.

Edited by SneakyErvin

while more Kuva is nice, making it buyable with plat opens an avenue to people paying ridiculous money for riven rolls. it already happens now, but the difference is needing to trade and negotiate with people, whereas with this you could sit alone in your room, buy $100 worth of platinum, spend the lot on Kuva and reroll for hours on end without talking to another soul. that's not gonna go down well with today's crowd of anti-gamblers: personally I say everything in moderation, and remember that the house always wins no matter what. gambling is fine, as long as you know when to stop.

anyway, Mod Packs are still a thing, and I doubt DE will ever step in and change the Riven market since it nets them so much Grofit. it's not great, but it's still not as aggressive a form of monetization as many other games.. at least, not yet.

Funny thing you mention, I was doing a kuva survival mission hours ago, time to extract, the host arrived at extraction before me, made it to extraction but got host migrated and then kicked out of the game, lost 5200 Kuva, also, we aren't getting any dedicated servers anytime soon either, why would they sell you kuva when they can sell you resource boosters?

10 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Funny thing you mention, I was doing a kuva survival mission hours ago, time to extract, the host arrived at extraction before me, made it to extraction but got host migrated and then kicked out of the game, lost 5200 Kuva, also, we aren't getting any dedicated servers anytime soon either, why would they sell you kuva when they can sell you resource boosters?

5200 is nothing, imagine when you got host migration during the double resource event + booster resource

2 minutes ago, Genesix6 said:

5200 is nothing, imagine when you got host migration during the double resource event + booster resource

Is nothing to you, imagine spending whatever small free time you got and decide to go for some Kuva an having that, this goes for every single problem host migration gives you and you know it will never get fixed because it would require some kind of dedicated server which DE can't afford to pay without making Warframe a subscription game instead.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You don't need a dedicated server if the net code is good. The main problem of change host is a bad connection... By the host or other members. If they add a connection quality requirement this should not happen so often. When you are invited in a dojo sometime they warning you for bad connection, why don't they do the same for public games?

vor 17 Stunden schrieb (PS4)Double991:

It really does feel like the amount of kuva you get with a booster should have been the default amount. I'd never dare to farm it without one because that's a soul crushing experience.

This. No imagine boosters werent time limited, but based on how many missions u play with it. Buy a booster for 40 missions and play those how and when you want. Orgasmic fantasy. I just dont want to play for a whole weekend, instead I want to play 1-2 hours, do something else, play again.

21 hours ago, mikakor said:

There's a difference between player-to-player riven trading and the devs directly profiting from feeding players' ability to re-roll them (by selling kuva for platinum).

If people are dumb enough to pay stupid amounts of platinum to other players, thats their own problem. The game gives you the wherewithal to farm them yourself...not to mention farm kuva.

If kuva farming is such an issue, then I'd suggest you're playing for the wrong reasons. You can farm enough for warframe parts & other regular stuff easily enough. The only reason you'd need so much is for rivens...which are a self-inflicted problem, as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

vor 22 Minuten schrieb FlusteredFerret:

There's a difference between player-to-player riven trading and the devs directly profiting from feeding players' ability to re-roll them (by selling kuva for platinum).

If people are dumb enough to pay stupid amounts of platinum to other players, thats their own problem. The game gives you the wherewithal to farm them yourself...not to mention farm kuva.

If kuva farming is such an issue, then I'd suggest you're playing for the wrong reasons. You can farm enough for warframe parts & other regular stuff easily enough. The only reason you'd need so much is for rivens...which are a self-inflicted problem, as far as I'm concerned.

Exactly. Its mad  dumb that I have rivens rolled for 50+ times left and right and you see dumb newbies selling the perfekt [insert favorite weapon] riven with 3 rerolls.

Edited by protecttheplanet

43 minutes ago, protecttheplanet said:

Exactly. Its mad  dumb that I have rivens rolled for 50+ times left and right and you see dumb newbies selling the perfekt [insert favorite weapon] riven with 3 rerolls.

Newbies selling perfectly rolled Rivens with 3 rolls? I have rolled over thousands of rolls on Rivens. For one good roll, there are usually 99 bad rolls. And many high and bad rolls are not listed in the market so there is a wrong perception that it’s easy to get good rolls since some good rivens have few rolls. It’s not. Most rivens are badly rolled and not listed. 

19 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

while more Kuva is nice, making it buyable with plat opens an avenue to people paying ridiculous money for riven rolls. it already happens now, but the difference is needing to trade and negotiate with people, whereas with this you could sit alone in your room, buy $100 worth of platinum, spend the lot on Kuva and reroll for hours on end without talking to another soul. that's not gonna go down well with today's crowd of anti-gamblers: personally I say everything in moderation, and remember that the house always wins no matter what. gambling is fine, as long as you know when to stop.

anyway, Mod Packs are still a thing, and I doubt DE will ever step in and change the Riven market since it nets them so much Grofit. it's not great, but it's still not as aggressive a form of monetization as many other games.. at least, not yet.

Mod packs are gone next week right? Or are they gone already