Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I can't be banshee? :/

_Anise_

Question

so been playing warframe for a little while maybe 2 months, I want to main a warframe having leveled a few and watched a few gameplay videos decide I want to play banshee, seem to move fast and was agile, I enjoyed the passive allowing me to get stealth combo kills with a shotgun and I really enjoyed how when things were getting overwhelming she could grip the floor and wipe everything out,

like banshee enough I put all my focus into and even went and maybe foolishly bought a skin but playing today "dude banshee stops being good at level 30" apparently I am not allowed to play her so question is who can I play?

(trinity seems to be one often suggested but her playstyle is dull, octavia is ok but cheezy and I swear spamming crouch is going to end up giving me RSI anyone else I like the look of ends up being "bad")

16 answers to this question

Banshee is one of the hardest frames in the game to play at higher levels.

While her abilities are straight forward using them together without making a mistake gets increasingly difficult.

She's the ultimate class cannon. I would not generally recommend her for new players but she is quite powerful. You have to learn different enemy AI interactions and their attacks in order to anticipate attacks and react before they hit you because Banshee does not take hits. On top of this you also have to always move. She cannot stand still, even for a moment. It's actually part of her Silence stun manipulation to prevent her from being shot by vigorously moving in and out of range to stun enemies.

The levels I'm talking about are 150+ though. If you throw some Defensive mods, QT, ect on her then she's not as intense.

She also plays well with AoE weapons since most of your attention will be taken by jumping and moving.

Banshee is one of the frames that can get the bigger damage output if used properly (probably the only one that can hit the damage cap alone on a unmodded mk1 weapon)

People that say she doesn't perform after lvl 30 are people that only used her for farming on hydron with her 4.

But mind that she's really squishy, so at high level (still talking of 70-80 and more) you need a lot of skill to survive with her (I don't know how much adaptation can help her), and she can bring out a big map wide damage boost for all the team with her sonar augment.

So yeah, just play her, you'll eventually know how it's better for you to play her, and ignore everyone who says that X frame is bad (unless post rework ember)

Edited by (NSW)Fiftycentis

Oh the classic elitist player. Play what you like. Yeah there is some frames that fall into a meta and min/max out the butt. Your not going to need those most of the time and you can make anything work. Some just take more practice or a better weapon to keep them going.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, _Anise_ said:

so been playing warframe for a little while maybe 2 months, I want to main a warframe having leveled a few and watched a few gameplay videos decide I want to play banshee, seem to move fast and was agile, I enjoyed the passive allowing me to get stealth combo kills with a shotgun and I really enjoyed how when things were getting overwhelming she could grip the floor and wipe everything out,

like banshee enough I put all my focus into and even went and maybe foolishly bought a skin but playing today "dude banshee stops being good at level 30" apparently I am not allowed to play her so question is who can I play?

(trinity seems to be one often suggested but her playstyle is dull, octavia is ok but cheezy and I swear spamming crouch is going to end up giving me RSI anyone else I like the look of ends up being "bad")

You play who you damn well want to play.  Anyone who tells you otherwise, is ignorant or an elitist (which is synonymous to ignorant these days), neither are worth your time. 

@BansheePrime

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xzorn said:

If you throw some Defensive mods, QT, ect on her then she's not as intense

I actually do have quick thinking that combined with her huge energy pool plus zen dash, deathcube(modded)+sweeper dropping an orb per assist kill seem to give me some survivability I don't know how far that will go, I had noticed though like people said her 4 does not scale at higher content but her 2 seems pretty great, next mod I will unlock is the continual sonar one.

• Like 1

I like using Banshee myself. I have a build on her using adaptation, resonance, hunter's adrenaline and a furis with winds of purity. As long as I have ammo, I can drop level 100s with 10 rounds. That's the basic enemy. Heavies take a full mag. But hey, that's 35 rounds from the furis, with 20% life steal!

You will have to get into Quick Thinking and Rage. Some health pool will help with that. 

Banshee can be played quite proactively. Just like Mag, she can survive quite well in arbitrations. Her damage buff is awesome. 

Edited by YazMatazO

If you’re just using Banshee for her 4. You really shouldn’t be playing her.  Anyway, Banshee is great for waaaay beyond 30 and those guys can #*!% right off. I quite enjoy the motto of “it can’t kill you if it’s dead” which sonar and pretty any weapon can make a reality. That being said it’s pretty important to never stop moving as Banshee so you can enjoy that reduced enemy accuracy on account of the fact that if you do get hit you’ll probably die because you have no abilities to avoid or reduce damage beyond a brief silence stun. I happen to use a Furis with Winds of Purity for delicious lifesteal to counter act my squishiness a bit. Thanks to sonar its low damage can crush high level enemies too.

edit: Quite frankly anyone who says something isn’t good beyond level 30 of all things is probably a bit of a tool. Yup. I had to edit this in.

Edited by BansheePrime

If anyone tell you that frame is bad after level 30 means that guy is not good.

for lvl 30 to 50  enemies can be easily wiped out with fully modded frame. Only level 70 above have some difference in term of efficiency ( not energy efficiency but the mission efficiency)

So, Dont bother listen to those whole tell this is bad or good.

Every warframe is usefull. Depends on the intended function either dps, cc.

banshee scale up very well. But you need a good modded weapon to match it. ( sonar)

6 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

dude banshee stops being good at level 30

those are the Idiots that think Quake is one of her strong Skills.

Banshee is hard to play, but is very strong if you manage to "git gud" with her

8 hours ago, GinKenshin said:

whoever told you that can f*** off. you play how and whoever you want, don't listen to other people's dumb opinions 

I 2nd this motion...

That being said.... there is the question of what exactly is banshee's Focus... ?

Because I know it definitely isn't Stealth.... 

9 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

trinity seems to be one often suggested but her playstyle is dull,

I find this to be True... Harrow is a more fun support Frame.

9 hours ago, _Anise_ said:

octavia is ok but cheezy and I swear spamming crouch is going to end up giving me RSI

Yep.... I got her a few days ago and I've been using her to run around in content other warframes have no business being in at that level.... naturally this has taken its toll on my fingers. Its not fun... but im only suffering Octavia as a temporary solution until I get the Warframe I want. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)Fiftycentis said:

People that say she doesn't perform after lvl 30 are people that only used her for farming on hydron with her 4.

LoL... its the banshee Noob Trap... I wonder why people want banshee specifically for that ability ? 

As other have mentioned, anyone saying frame x is weak after lvl 30 can go #*!% off right away and find out how to play first. 

What may not scale is her 4, which is partially true it's damage potential does drop off pretty quickly after lvl 50 or so. 

But it's her sonar (for gunplay) and silence (savage melee) that is most effective at those levels and beyond. 

She is however extremely squishy. You want to stay mobile and keep enemies stunned, she doesn't take damage very well, QT+ HA + primed flow can add some buffer but you should avoid getting shot in the first place. 

Do not let others dictate how you play your game, it's important that you do things that you enjoy. 

Edited by 0_The_F00l

I solo the hardest content in the game with banshee without any problem. In a group she is invaluable , with some reach she can stun dozens of ennemies for as long as the team needs with quake , she can strip armors with sonic boom augment , stun ennemies the team needs to run past with "silence" and dramatically increase the team damage with her sonar.

When ennemies start getting tough , just switch from power damage to power reach and watch your banshee paralyse and debuff entire waves of ennemies while your team easily dispatch them at any level.

Whoever told you she was useless past lvl 30 knows absolutely nothing about the game.