Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where is Operation: Plague Star? [LIVE]

[DE]Megan

so damn sad when pple sees their own platform as center of  everything....well  we been like that from a very long time cant blame them.  but stripping others of their rights is something that shoudnt be overlooked. no matter game or real life.there are rare occasions when this way of thinking can be justified but  on such communicity  like wf has........ i have my doubts

Lots of understandable salt all over the place here due to the delay, but there's a lot of misdirected hate, too. Let's look at the issue as a whole and apply Occam's Razor: From what we've been told, the problem isn't a cross-platform launch issue. It's a general compatibility issue. What's that tell us?

Even money says that when they rolled out the fancy-shmancy update to PoE, nobody bothered to check and see if the plug-in to trigger the Plague Star event module (and all of its accompanying assets) had been updated and worked. A straight-up QA check that should have been done, considering that Plague Star is a semi-recurring event, and the ball was likely dropped.

Therefore: The delay isn't the fault of the console versions. It's not the fault of the crash fix that's being performed for XB1. It's not even that they suddenly want to try to release stuff cross-platform simultaneously (never mind that the PC version has always been the canary in the coal mine for potential bugs). It's probably because someone just assumed that the old module would work with the new content and engine, and when they tried to trigger it to go live on the test servers it bombed out, and everyone went into OHSHI- mode. I've seen stuff like this happen all the time with non-game programs that get updated, which then breaks all previous add-ins.

I get it that they're working hard to fix the problem, that we'll see it go live soon enough, and that they've got a lot of balls in the air for Tennocon stuff. That still doesn't keep me from shaking my head when I think about the fact that someone should have checked to make sure things worked before promising a go-live date.

31 minutes ago, TechParadox said:

Lots of understandable salt all over the place here due to the delay, but there's a lot of misdirected hate, too. Let's look at the issue as a whole and apply Occam's Razor: From what we've been told, the problem isn't a cross-platform launch issue. It's a general compatibility issue. What's that tell us?

Even money says that when they rolled out the fancy-shmancy update to PoE, nobody bothered to check and see if the plug-in to trigger the Plague Star event module (and all of its accompanying assets) had been updated and worked. A straight-up QA check that should have been done, considering that Plague Star is a semi-recurring event, and the ball was likely dropped.

Therefore: The delay isn't the fault of the console versions. It's not the fault of the crash fix that's being performed for XB1. It's not even that they suddenly want to try to release stuff cross-platform simultaneously (never mind that the PC version has always been the canary in the coal mine for potential bugs). It's probably because someone just assumed that the old module would work with the new content and engine, and when they tried to trigger it to go live on the test servers it bombed out, and everyone went into OHSHI- mode. I've seen stuff like this happen all the time with non-game programs that get updated, which then breaks all previous add-ins.

I get it that they're working hard to fix the problem, that we'll see it go live soon enough, and that they've got a lot of balls in the air for Tennocon stuff. That still doesn't keep me from shaking my head when I think about the fact that someone should have checked to make sure things worked before promising a go-live date.

Took nine pages just to find this comment. And now everyone's fighting because someone from the other side of the court messed it up.

And again, don't give a definite date when you can't deliver. It's embarrassing.

46 minutes ago, Moudiyoo said:

#*!% xbox.

wrong donald trump GIF by Election 2016

As stated above by TechParadox, what likely happened was the update to PoE probably broke something on the backend for Plague Star and it couldn't get triggered properly. They probably DID do lots of testing, but until it's attempted to go live...even on a test server....there's no telling what will hang up and break. Xbox apparently had a nasty crasher that forced them to send the whole update back to cert. It's unfortunate that it's holding up the release for all platforms, but in the name of letting everyone have a go at the same time, it's understandable.

25 minutes ago, zirkwander said:

Took nine pages just to find this comment. And now everyone's fighting because someone from the other side of the court messed it up.

And again, don't give a definite date when you can't deliver. It's embarrassing.

Sometimes issues just crop up. Yes, I agree they need to stop with the definitive dates, but people crave to know when things will launch. A release window is a far better venue when it comes to releasing new or recurring content. It's less "this will happen at this time" and then "oops. we have to delay," and more "we're aiming for this period barring any issues" which is, imo, a much better take on the release dates.

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Tenno,

If you’ve been keeping track of the Hotfixes and hamsters today, you’ll know that we’re currently trying to resolve issues within Operation: Plague Star before we launch it. Currently, the issues make Plague Star incompletable, which simply does not sit well with anyone.

As we work toward fixing this for all Platforms, we’re also aware of an unfortunate crash on Xbox One that requires us to submit to Cert, which we just did, meaning Xbox One can’t Hotfix the Plague Star fixes until Cert has passed. We predict a quick turnaround for Cert given the scope of the fix.

With that being said, we’ll be launching Plague Star on all platforms once the Plague Star issues are solved and Xbox One has passed Cert. Like Nightwave, it's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms, and we're doing our best to make this happen as quickly as possible.

Understandably, this news is frustrating considering we’ve said ‘June 12’ for awhile now, but we can’t ship an unplayable Plague Star. 

Apologies for the delay. We’ll keep everyone in the loop on the status of these fixes and when you can expect Plague Star this week!

Thanks for the info Beautiful Megan.

Question: will this affect/pushes Nightwave EP.2 further away as well, or the plan is to start NW EP2 next week or at a later date?

I'm still enjoying the game though, still plenty to do. 🙂

48 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

Wow, so much vitriol at Xbox, such a shame.

There's just a lot of vitriol period. It is quite a shame, but I try to keep reminding myself these are the vocal minority. The community is generally pretty chill, but after today, I'm starting to wonder how much of that is just for show.

7 hours ago, (XB1)Jake6Two said:

I absolutely realize that. WHAT IM SAYING IS, if you guys are reporting bugs, that’s because YOU are experiencing the bugs and YOU want them fixed for YOUR platform. You’re not beta testing for us, like multiple people have said in this thread. You’re testing for yourself (.)  I’m not saying there’s a single thing wrong with that, I’m just saying don’t preach that you’re our saviors when you could give a crap about us. 

While there are some similarities to the hardware and code there are unique differences to consoles that can be caused by their restrictive hardware which pc players don't necessarily see.  Don't just assume that all bugs on consoles are seen on PC builds... not to mention if they are in the PC build we've already had them 2 times and didn't get them fixed either of those times so...

5 minutes ago, Kromatia said:

There's just a lot of vitriol period. It is quite a shame, but I try to keep reminding myself these are the vocal minority. The community is generally pretty chill, but after today, I'm starting to wonder how much of that is just for show.

I feel like I’ll get lots of flack for speaking up since I’m on Xbox. This is showing how entitled some of the PC playerbase is, and my view of them is pretty shaky right now.

Lancer le même jour le traité jovien, l'opération fusion hostile qui est censée durer 12 jrs, ondes nocturne et en plus fléau céleste dune durée de 10 jours. Je trouve pour ma part que cela aurait été trop d'un coup alors que pendant trois semaines on a rien eu. Tant mieux que fléau céleste soit remis à plus tard. Pas assez dune journée pour tout faire.

16 minutes ago, (XB1)Heart of Bastet said:

I feel like I’ll get lots of flack for speaking up since I’m on Xbox. This is showing how entitled some of the PC playerbase is, and my view of them is pretty shaky right now.

Honestly I'd say this isn't 'just' about operation plague star being delayed.... there have been a LOT of delays of late and in many cases the reasons for the delays aren't forthcoming or they just straight up give a different reason... it doesn't help when the content being delayed has been 'promised' months prior or the 'new stuff' is rather lacklustre/buggy, not to mention the bigger picture of no railjack before tennocon, we've been quite 'kind' regarding that. 

I've said it a while back but there will come a point where the 'good will' that we give DE will come to a point where it will pop because players will have had enough of the delays etc... I wouldn't be surprised if we're pretty close to that point.

At the end of the day if you say something is coming on date x 2 months before it's due to come out then it should be able to come out on that date... it's simply a case of time management and being professional.  Yes DE have tennocon coming up but they knew that was coming up when they said stuff would be out.  

IF the delay is purely on xbox then there is no reason for the other platforms not to have it activated and xbox to get an extension of however many days it's delayed, it's not like it's actually linked between platforms or anything.

9 hours ago, Terroriz3 said:

This is honestly ridiculous. An event announced 2(?) months in advance and a delay is announced the day it is supposed to have launched. I'm sorry, but being unable to meet the deadlines you've set for yourselves is honestly extremely unprofessional as mentioned in previous posts.

This.

Now imagine a new generation of consoles is out ... even more stagnation of warframe updates because of sheer number of platforms they want to cater. but can't.

Understandable, but still, I really think that a change in the event duration or the date is necessary. I'm not too bothered by the delays of event launches and stuff like that, but for a part of the community who doesn't have the time to wait, it's best to just release the update for PC. Till Certs for Xbox has passed, then you know what to do. It's just like how iOS gets their application/game updates faster than Android. 

10 hours ago, Caramello said:

and since cross-platform is non-existent, i dont see any reason why "It's important to have Plague Star run simultaneously on all Platforms".

And also, I agree with this. ^

Love how Xbox are claiming PC is entitled when they just got their update not even a few days ago when PC are sitting on their* with nothing to do since DE can't be bothered to add meaningful droptables to new content to give it any sort of longevity.

Synching events never meant bringing them faster to Consoles, it just means delaying them for PC to the projected console release date.

Just want to say to all those who took off from work or whatever you do to get ready for Plague Star.

DON'T!

Why are you so invested in a game? I get that you like this game, I do too. But taking off real life events to play a game is just stupid. You know why? Because if you think any life service game company cares about your thoughts, you're already in their grasp. They don't care about you. They care about what you bring to them. The fact that DE only took time to announce that Plague Star is delayed on the day on release itself proves just how much they care about you. They don't give a rip about you taking the day off to play their game. They only care about you playing their game. So don't sacrifice real life if what the other party is offering is not real life benefits. The streamers / full time gamers are not complaining because they're not sacrificing anything to play a game. So don't be so foolish and invest your life in a game.

And a word of advice to new players: Never take DE for their word. Yes they could deliver on time but history has proven that the likelihood of them not delivering is higher.

Have fun in both the virtual and real life but never sacrifice reality.

7 minutes ago, SSI_Seraph said:

Love how Xbox are claiming PC is entitled when they just got their update not even a few days ago when PC are sitting on their* with nothing to do since DE can't be bothered to add meaningful droptables to new content to give it any sort of longevity.

Synching events never meant bringing them faster to Consoles, it just means delaying them for PC to the projected console release date.

You’re forgetting PS4 and Switch also, we waited a few weeks for it, and it came to Xbox with lots of bugs. Since PC can never catch bugs that are Platform specific.

Archived