The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there such a thing as support for buyers remorse?

bullgrimwm

Question

Hello community,

So.. question.. I am very poor, and I work all the damn time, I also have a daughter so I only have about 4 hours a night to play warframe.. which makes "farming" things.. an incredibly long process..
it was my birthday a little while ago and I was gifted money to buy some plat... this is a SUPER rare occurrence.

I decided to buy hildryn cause she looked really cool.. after leveling her a bit in Hydron I noticed how squishy she was.. then I did some research and found out it's basically -required- to have an arcane aegis to play her in anything but low level stuff.. this is extremely disappointing.. :(

is there anything at all, any way at all that I would be able to get a refund on my Hildryn purchase? I know they don't normally do any refunds on played frames, but my hildryn is only level 11

if it's not at all possible then I guess that's that, but I am just looking and hoping to see if anyone has had any luck with this in the past? :(

it will take me like a year to farm up that kind of currency :(

Thank you for your time

22 answers to this question

"We're able to remove the item and refund your platinum fully. Please don't abuse this: we're able to track XP on items, and cannot perform refunds on "used/ranked up" items."

From: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/83148-getting-support-common-issues/ 

As you have partly leveled your new Hildryn, support will not be able to reverse the purchase. 

• Like 1

I don't exactly know, I know DE tends to be benevolent in returning some stuff but it's mostly a shot in the dark. And it should be a very recent thing. Give it a try trough the Zendesk site, maybe you'll get lucky.

On other note, and just as an advice, don't buy stuff you can farm. Even slots, because you can always sell stuff to get the plat for them. Sometimes earning stuff is more gratifying than just buying, even if it's frustrating at times. Cheers and good luck! Be happy!

• Like 2

Since your original question got answered, I'll try to give some tips on how to get more out from Hildryn.

The arcane sure helps but isn't 100% necessary. 'Guardian' and 'Shield Charger' mods equipped on MOAs or Sentinels help with managing your shields. Redirection is a must have equip for Hildryn, and power duration helps with passive shield drain of her abilities and efficiency helps with the flat shield cost of abilities. Pillage is your most important ability for keeping your shields up, and you should also make sure that you do not have Corrosive Projection or Shield Disruption for aura, because those reduce the amount of armor or shields you'll be stealing for your own shields from enemies.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

hmm, everything I have read says anything "end game'ish" requires an arcane aegis..

Going to guess that is a Hildryn comment because very few of my frames if any use it. Its a drop for second Eidiolon so you should be able to get it with not too much work. As someone who only gets nights to play I think its more doable to get then you are thinking. Even if you're not up to that point, it wouldn't take long.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

gonna be stuck trying to farm 300+ plat for an arcane aegis

Or, like, dont?

Just dont focus on Hilldryn and get any other Frame.  They are cheaper than Aegis too.....if you cant farm that is.    

Just....Even with Aegis, Hilldryn is not really dope. At least not that dope to spend all that plat on.    There are other, much cheaper and better frames that can help you get everywhere.

Dont waste precious resources on something you dont even know anything about.  

35 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

I decided to buy hildryn cause she looked really cool.. after leveling her a bit in Hydron I noticed how squishy she was.. then I did some research and found out it's basically -required- to have an arcane aegis to play her in anything but low level stuff.. this is extremely disappointing.. 😞

She isnt Squishy if you build her correctly and no, Arcane Aegis isnt mandatory to play her either, i dont use it and have no trouble playing her at all.

I built mine with Umbral Vitality and Umbral Intensify, contrary to what most do thinking she doesnt need health mods... Also added Adaptation mod to further decrease the damage she takes on to her shields. In Corpus and Grineer missions you can just keep spamming her 2 to keep her shields full.

Edited by BiancaRoughfin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

She isnt Squishy if you build her correctly and no, Arcane Aegis isnt mandatory to play her either, i dont use it and have no trouble playing her at all.

could you share with me your build? if you don't mind?

I'm very new... only mr9 I don't have access to umbral mods 😞

Edited by bullgrimwm

41 minutes ago, bullgrimwm said:

hmm, everything I have read says anything "end game'ish" requires an arcane aegis.. either that or you are stuck running and hiding while your shield recharges for 3/4 of the map

survivals / sorties  / .. ect 😞

try this as a temp option 🙂

djinn + reawaken (in essence it won't die) + guardian + shield charger - whatever other mods you want to run on it like health etc and medi-ray 🙂

If it wasn't for the mods being buggy on moa's I'd say use a moa instead but the above will 'help' you ou

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

Adaptation is a great mod for the Hilderbeast. I personally love her and don't find her squishy at all. Running with a Sentinel that buffs and restores Shields helps. I mod for Strength, efficiency, and a little extra duration to buff the range of Pillage. 

I did one Sortie with a Rino that ran into difficulty so I quit using my blaster and turned on my 3 and hugged the team. That kept them up so we could finish. I love how I can go from an offensive posture to support in the middle of a fight.

I tend to run with blast damage on my blaster and the cc and damage seem to keep up. Take note I don't do epic survival runs but haven't had issues with Sorties and up to c rotation Arbitration. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MR9BCI said:

If you don't get the refund, I can give you a max aegis for free, maybe that would help making your hildryn a bit more enjoyable. Let me know, cheers. 

OMG MR9 that would be amazing!!! tytytyty

unfotunately I got a message from support saying exactly what Novus had said, since I leveled it even a little.. there is nothing they can do.. thats just "policy" 😞

hace 7 horas, bullgrimwm dijo:

Hello community,

So.. question.. I am very poor, and I work all the damn time, I also have a daughter so I only have about 4 hours a night to play warframe.. which makes "farming" things.. an incredibly long process..
it was my birthday a little while ago and I was gifted money to buy some plat... this is a SUPER rare occurrence.

I decided to buy hildryn cause she looked really cool.. after leveling her a bit in Hydron I noticed how squishy she was.. then I did some research and found out it's basically -required- to have an arcane aegis to play her in anything but low level stuff.. this is extremely disappointing.. 😞

is there anything at all, any way at all that I would be able to get a refund on my Hildryn purchase? I know they don't normally do any refunds on played frames, but my hildryn is only level 11

if it's not at all possible then I guess that's that, but I am just looking and hoping to see if anyone has had any luck with this in the past? 😞

it will take me like a year to farm up that kind of currency 😞

Thank you for your time

" I ONLY ?! have about 4 hours a night to play warframe.. "

:facepalm .

Aegis is used more for the near unkillable build (paired with barrier) ,

it's not really mandatory,

some range, lots of strength and moderate to low efficiency is the way to go for a decent gameplay.

Objective is to always stay in overshields, you are immune to status procs like Toxin and slash when you have overshields. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bullgrimwm said:

hmm, everything I have read says anything "end game'ish" requires an arcane aegis.

If you intend to do survival runs into levels 150+ then yes, Aegis is great.

But the general "endgame" is focused around lvl100, for which you don't even need a properly modded frame. Most missions you can go in with a bare frame without any mods and have no trouble whatsoever as long as you have strong weapons.

And Hildryn isn't that squishy without Aegis. Make sure you use Adaptation and cast 2 all the time.

I've two builds for her.

First is focused on her 2nd (without the use of dragon key)

Adaptation, Rolling Guard (to add time for shield regeneration), Natural Talent, Stretch

Fast Deflection, Fortitude, Vigilante Vigor, Streamline

Second is a more conventional caster build:

Adaptation, Redirection, Primed Continuity, Primed Vigor

Augur Reach, Stretch, Fleeting Expertise(2 or 3), Streamline

Both can be tweaked to you liking. 

Edited by DarthKadra
  • Like 1

Il y a 10 heures, bullgrimwm a dit :

hmm, everything I have read says anything "end game'ish" requires an arcane aegis.. either that or you are stuck running and hiding while your shield recharges for 3/4 of the map

survivals / sorties  / .. ect 😞

Nah, those people are spouting bullS#&$. 

You can use aegis (or better yet barrier) but it's not required. Just build some duration (nothing crazy, 125-140% works) and use shield pillage. You can fill up your shield and overshield bar in a single cast. If you want more definite pointers hit me up ingame. 

• Like 1

I have Hildryn and played her a lot. 

I go With U. Vitality, U. Intensify, Adaptation, Blind Rage, Transient Fortitude, Redirection, Vigor, stretch and growing power. 

My build focus on being a good armor stripper(72%), and is really easy to fill your shield even without Aegis. 

Aegis just do a good job sustaining your 3 cost, and medium level heavy fire. When enemies go to level 200+ what's keeping you alive is your shield gating. 

What makes the difference with Hildryn is a good robotic companion. Guardian Mod refill your shield when it deplete with 30 sec CD, Regen(better if primed). I prefer using Wyrm Prime with Negate, cause it helps avoiding some risky status that hildryn suffer. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bullgrimwm said:

I only have about 4 hours a night to play warframe.. which makes "farming" things.. an incredibly long process..

Wanted to comment, but realised i you are making fun of us whit your arguments. Its "make believe thread", because all you wrtited is just nonsense.
please stop that. This is for real questions, not for making jokes. Almost believed you were serious..almost...
But i am glad you were kidding! It was so unbelieveble the type  of arguments you used, like, i thougt i was in the wrong forum, them i realised that the only justification, for your text, was you were making a "bad taste" joke.
Thanx fgor the laughs!!
😉

Edited by Alexcavalera

Here's my current DPS Build.

I run Enemy Radar, Aviator, Redirection, Vigor, Blind Rage, Streamline, Augur Secrets, Primed Continutity, Adaptation, and Fleeting Expertise. I have put 1 Forma on Hildryn.

On my Balefire Charger I run Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion, Magnum Force, Lethal Torrent, Scorch, Frostbite, Convulsion, and Pistol Pestilence. I have 2 Forma on my Charger.

My Survival Build is a work in Progress. I'm currently running Enemy Radar, Aviator, Redirection, Fast Deflection, Blind Rage, Augur Accord, Augur Secrets, ADaptation, and Umbral Vitality. I've got room for one more mod, but I'm not sure at the moment what I want to put.

• Like 1

Thank you very much everyone for the kind words and help with builds, and tips and suggestions.

and a HUGE THANK YOU to MR9BCI who gifted me an arcane aegis! 😮😮😍

I took everyone's advice here, and did some research myself and came up with this build..

kind of a mix between the immortal build and the high power build.. (ignore the energy siphon, the only mod I have with that polarity is corrosive projection.. which is bad bad bad for hildryn)

Hildryn.jpg

with this, I was able to easily go an hour+ in MOT (altho I did get instagibbed by toxic ancients once or twice), and I was also able to go to round 7 in ESO.

I also looked up "umbral mods" at the request of one of the commenters here and did "the sacrifice" last night (that was hard as hell on a no-geared operator, lol)

soo, pretty happy with Hildryn so far! I'm sure my build can be tweaked and it will only get stronger once I level my umbral mods, but thank you so much everyone for your input and your help! ❤️ ❤️

Edited by bullgrimwm